Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,997 members, 7,799,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) (50042 Views)

FG To Generate Electricity From Uranium: Facts About Uranium You Should Know / How Possible Are The Pictures Of The Milky Way Taken From Outside The Galaxy? / Gas Cloud Flung Out Of Milky Way Is Coming Back For Revenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Edenoscar(m): 9:46pm On May 25, 2016
Wait! jehova witness.Really?!
All I saw was a couple of scientist who didn't understand certain scientific mechanism and had to bring in God to explain
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by kindworld(m): 10:03pm On May 25, 2016
Edenoscar:
Wait! jehova witness.Really?!
All I saw was a couple of scientist who didn't understand certain scientific mechanism and had to bring in God to explain

Science doesn't discourage belief in a creator, it rather points to the fact that there's a creator. The universe and all the things in them can't surely appear by chance without any cause. Again for there to be a cause there must be an effect! The principle of "cause and effect"!
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by ben1daEbiri(m): 2:09am On May 26, 2016
chaski:
I want to throw more light on what light years is for people outside Astronomy.

Light travels a distance of 300,000km in one second

Light travels a distance of 18 million kilometres in one minute. One light year is a distance that light can travel in one year which is (18,000,000x60x24x365.25)km.

When sun shine it takes the light 8.7 minutes to get to earth with the speed of light 300,000km per second one can easily calculate sun-earth distance. I will contribute more if u are interested ps
I think it's 380,000km rather...thats 3.8*10^3
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by tk4rd: 2:43am On May 26, 2016
johnydon22:
1 out of billions .....
PLEASE OPEN A WHOLE THREAD ON DARK MATTER AND DARK ENERGY.. LET US LEARN MORE FROM THE GURUS
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by girl4rmspace(f): 8:03am On May 26, 2016
shiffynaani:
and where exactly are you going to when you reach andromeda or other galaxies. (2) am sure u are going to pass through blackholes (that sucks in anything even light cannot escape) on your way.how do u plan bypassing this? (3)is the place as civillized as earth here

well there are lots of galaxies i havent explored so finding a new home would be easy.

As for the black holes, i travel in a cosmic bubble shield, and this shield is an anti blackhole means of transportation, so black holes wouldnt be a problem as i can navigate through space anyhow i see fit. That's how i got here.

As for whether or not the place would be more civilized than earth? Well i dont know yet. I guess i would have to find out when i eventually leave
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by tk4rd: 8:38am On May 26, 2016
girl4rmspace:

well there are lots of galaxies i havent explored so finding a new home would be easy.

As for the black holes, i travel in a cosmic bubble shield, and this shield is an anti blackhole means of transportation, so black holes wouldnt be a problem as i can navigate through space anyhow i see fit. That's how i got here.

As for whether or not the place would be more civilized than earth? Well i dont know yet. I guess i would have to find out when i eventually leave
In that case, take me with you.
I've fallen deeply in love with you already
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by blueAgent(m): 8:57pm On May 26, 2016
ValentineMary:

Did u actually read that link u shared I doubt. Protein can be classified based on their 3D conformation either in a sub family. Proteins are either primary, secondary, tetiary, or quatenary structure. O boy! read that link u shared it says nothing of protein being cells. Unless u want to call pirons cell but they are not though they are proteins that cause diseases. As a biochemist I would like to give u a good lecture on proteins but I doubt u would understand, for a guy who believes d cloud is held by a pillar. Anyways u know nothing of natural science u are just an engineer. And a disgrace to d engineering community.

Clown ,I know you are a biochemist only on Nairaland.
cram and pour Biochimp.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by blueAgent(m): 9:26pm On May 26, 2016
ValentineMary:

Did u actually read that link u shared I doubt. Protein can be classified based on their 3D conformation either in a sub family. Proteins are either primary, secondary, tetiary, or quatenary structure. O boy! read that link u shared it says nothing of protein being cells. Unless u want to call pirons cell but they are not though they are proteins that cause diseases. As a biochemist I would like to give u a good lecture on proteins but I doubt u would understand, for a guy who believes d cloud is held by a pillar. Anyways u know nothing of natural science u are just an engineer. And a disgrace to d engineering community.

Clown. Internet Biochemist. your type excel only in cram and pour.

From my little knowledge of Biology i know that The minimal cell contains more than
60,000 proteins of 100 different configuration

Your emphais should be on how sceintists are unable to understand the complexity of this Cells .that are more complex than a Boeing 727 Jet.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by blueAgent(m): 9:59pm On May 26, 2016
ValentineMary:

From my little knowledge of Biology i know that The minimal cell contains more than

Your emphais should be on how sceintists are unable to understand the complexity of this Cells .that are more complex than a Boeing 727
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by ValentineMary(m): 1:12am On May 27, 2016
blueAgent:

Your emphais should be on how sceintists are unable to understand the complexity of this Cells .that are more complex than a Boeing 727
Humans contain over 200 bones. Can u say humans are bones humans contain over 10 12 cells. Are humans cell ?

And who told u scientist don't understand d complexity of d cell? Oga if u are ignorant about something just shut up and say I don't know. From a guy who thinks protein is a cell, I don't expect much though.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by micodon(m): 6:33am On May 27, 2016
You lot have succeeded in derailing this thread. Congratulations.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by blueAgent(m): 8:35am On May 27, 2016
ValentineMary:

Humans contain over 200 bones. Can u say humans are bones humans contain over 10 12 cells. Are humans cell ?

And who told u scientist don't understand d complexity of d cell? Oga if u are ignorant about something just shut up and say I don't know. From a guy who thinks protein is a cell, I don't expect much though.

Clown, show us the prove .that they understand competely the complexity of those cells.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by johnydon22(m): 10:05am On May 27, 2016
girl4rmspace:

You can be a master writer of Science Fiction.. I love your imaginative creative abilities
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by johnydon22(m): 10:07am On May 27, 2016
ValentineMary:

Waste of time bro give it a rest ... People are reading the discussions and people knows an angry frustrated over aggressive individual when they see one
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by johnydon22(m): 10:11am On May 27, 2016
micodon:
You lot have succeeded in derailing this thread. Congratulations.

the most important thing is that some have learnt from it the information intended to pass with it.

those making it "a god exist or not" is simply a show of insanity
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by ValentineMary(m): 11:44am On May 27, 2016
blueAgent:

Clown, show us the prove .that they understand competely the complexity of those cells.
As I said earlier, for a guy who thinks pillars hold d clouds, u can't obviously understand cell biology. Not that bullshit u did in sec school. As Johnny said engaging u is an obvious waste of time. Have a nice day

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by johnydon22(m): 11:54am On May 27, 2016
ValentineMary:

As I said earlier, for a guy who thinks pillars hold d clouds, u can't obviously understand cell biology. Not that bullshit u did in sec school. As Johnny said engaging u is an obvious waste of time. Have a nice day

Everyone is at different stages of consciousness, there is a certain stage you attain when all you want is to speak your truth and not try convince people of it.

You begin to realize we all have our own path, so to say; You cannot convince a baby that he/she should be walking when he/she is at the stage of crawling.

to convince the baby of that truth is irrelevant.

Just like the Plato's allegory of caves, people in the dark fixed onto an illusionary reflection in the dark cage would be aggressive to any new idea because it's shatters their illusion of reality at the same time exposes them to the light that will hurt their eyes since they are used to the darkness.

so their aggression, frustration, anger and continuous use of invectives while defending their preciously held beliefs and ideas being threatened by the illumination of a contradicting idea is understandable

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by girl4rmspace(f): 4:44pm On May 27, 2016
johnydon22:

You can be a master writer of Science Fiction.. I love your imaginative creative abilities

lol thanks but this aint fiction, am not an earthling you know
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by blueAgent(m): 4:56pm On May 27, 2016
ValentineMary:

You are a big clown.who said pillars are holding the cloud?. That's a metaphor.

You are just looking for a way to escape. Apetheist .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:10pm On May 27, 2016
blueAgent:

grin . An atheist that claims to be intelligent and witnessed the 'death of religion ' because of the 'growth of knowledge' - his signature - cannot identify a figurative expression ?

Oh well
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by blueAgent(m): 5:13pm On May 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin . An atheist that claims to be intelligent and witnessed the 'death of religion ' because of the 'growth of knowledge' - his signature - cannot identify a figurative expression ?

Oh well

Lol.......my bro this guys .do not know how foolish atheism makes them look.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:19pm On May 27, 2016
blueAgent:

Lol.......my bro this guys .do not know how foolish atheism makes them look.

Bro , dont be surprised . I spell foolishness as atheism sometimes -both words are cognates grin

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by blueAgent(m): 5:23pm On May 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Bro , dont be surprised . I spell foolishness as atheism sometimes -both words are cognates grin

Lol........ I wonder how someone will believe that a Man with two hands,legs, teeth,well developed body system and brains that can imagine,create and produce the unthinkable will be a product of chance.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by ValentineMary(m): 6:06pm On May 27, 2016
blueAgent:

A metaphor? Are u kidding For an engineering student such use of metaphor is unacceptable if u really know how density works and how it applies to floatation. I wonder how u passed jamb. Oga pls if u have nothing more to say don't quote me again. I'm done here.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Talk2bryant(m): 7:13pm On May 27, 2016
please enough of this... you guys are derailing the thread already... we are here to learn, enough of the I know pass you
ValentineMary:

A metaphor? Are u kidding For an engineering student such use of metaphor is unacceptable if u really know how density works and how it applies to floatation. I wonder how u passed jamb. Oga pls if u have nothing more to say don't quote me again. I'm done here.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Talk2bryant(m): 7:16pm On May 27, 2016
@Johnydon22 please what will happen to man when milkdromeda happens? Are we going to feel the impact? Or we are just going to see new stars fill our sky?
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:39pm On May 27, 2016
blueAgent:

Lol........ I wonder how someone will believe that a Man with two hands,legs, teeth,well developed body system and brains that can imagine,create and produce the unthinkable will be a product of chance.

Thank You ! Cognition and consciousness are strong evidences of design . Someone like Weah96 will now claim nature is conscious - contradictory ideas , nature happening by chance but yet still conscious .

Even Klopp thinks its weird

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:40pm On May 27, 2016
ValentineMary:

It was figurative , deal with it cool
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by ValentineMary(m): 9:11pm On May 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

It was a figurative , deal with it cool
Oh and here comes d smart theist.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by johnydon22(m): 11:31pm On May 27, 2016
girl4rmspace:

lol thanks but this aint fiction, am not an earthling you know
I am sure you are not
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by johnydon22(m): 11:35pm On May 27, 2016
Talk2bryant:
@Johnydon22 please what will happen to man when milkdromeda happens? Are we going to feel the impact? Or we are just going to see new stars fill our sky?

The first fact is that humanity won't survive that long but assuming it happens now, the gravitational surge will throw the solar system a little further away but the planets will still be alright maybe a little perturbation but it will survive...

Even though our constellations do change with our position in the galaxy, with the eventuality of milkromeda Our constellation will change drastically and a bright huge visible light will perpetually paint our night sky.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by johnydon22(m): 11:36pm On May 27, 2016
ValentineMary:
Oh and here comes d smart theist.
You still at this bro, pheeeeew you get time shaaa...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lightning Strike Creates New Material Seen On Earth ‘For The First Time’ (Pics) / Huge Cobra Invades A House In Kogi. Photos / Malayan Leaf Frog Aka Long-Nosed Horned Frog: World's Most Camouflaged Frog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.