Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues (7281 Views)

Please I Really Need Someone To Help Me Please Don't Ignore My Post / Please Don't Ignore This...itz For Your Own Good! / What You Don't Know About Seun Osewa (founder Of Nairaland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by corperscorner: 5:22am On May 20, 2016
Was looking through the thread involving the massacre of a SEAL and stumbled on few reasonable comments. What the dude said below is something you should engage your thinking cap on. It's really disheartening to see the rate at which your mods promote mediocrity on the front page with no attempt to educate the misguided ones.

I personally wouldn't say you should thrash threads like this cos it's a buzz that would generate traffic to your platform - you need it cos your ad slots have been coming up empty of late. But at least, let there be a bold note of enlightenment by one of your moderators immediately after posts on every topic that could be an opportunity to educate the gullible ones. And don't say you guys wouldn't want to alter contents created by visitors cos several times, your mods have been seen editing headlines to make it appealing to the front page.

Thank you and God bless your forum.

Comment below was from IdomaLikita

https://www.nairaland.com/3114460/manatee-caught-fishermen-obuamu-river

Dear Seun/Moderators,
What is more sickening than seeing mediocrity and illiteracy celebrated? You have done well to silence topics involving Secessation, IPOB, Betting, etc citing questionable reasons..whatever, it's your blog, but I ask you to extend the same rules to Animal Stories.. there's absolutely no justification for grazing nigeria's largest blog with the gory pictures of a dismembered endangered Marine animal where countries showcase Rescues of Beached Whales. Una no dey go Reddit? Can you go there and post any rubbish? They down vote you immediately..we are perceived as Savages already, don't reinforce that fact when serious black men are working day and night to kill the stereotype. You owe it as a duty to educate people..its called new media for a reason!
Bollocks to GEJ-he was a Zoologist and never for one day use this qualification to improve animal rights in Nigeria.
Bollocks to the Ministry of environment , Bullocks to all Veterinary Professionals, Animal Scientists and Wildlife lovers in Nigeria for allowing fools kill snakes and not go to jail( herpetologists earn big money., don't put them out of work)
Bollocks to all social media sites that glorify criminals (a man is airlifting 90 rhinos from S.A to Oz this year to prevent their extinction, and we are still killing Dwarf Alligators for meat)

Fools will kill all their animals while the white man mesmerises him on National Geographic with what he should ordinary know in a Biology Class..

Finally, God Punish Nigerian Politicians for sins committed or uncommitted!

50 Likes 11 Shares

Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by Mrbigman1(m): 5:53am On May 20, 2016
Full of points.

If na IPOB news, dia hair go rise like angry dogs.

5 Likes

Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by Nobody: 5:55am On May 20, 2016
You no dey chaw bush meat ?

3 Likes

Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by corperscorner: 5:58am On May 20, 2016
Naughtysite:
You no dey chaw bush meat ?

Is manatee a bush meat to you? Youngman - please define bush meat.

3 Likes

Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by Nobody: 6:01am On May 20, 2016
corperscorner:

Is manatee a bush meat to you? Youngman - please define bush meat.

Bros, the hunger wey dey this country no go allow people understand this ur write up.

But you made salient points.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by genuinechimere(m): 6:50am On May 20, 2016
FP mbok
Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by stzy(m): 7:00am On May 20, 2016
Now imagine why are benue people scared when lassa fever broke out... Its because they eat rats... So many people feed on so many animals n superstitions surrounding reptiles in this part of the world is something u can't overlook
Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by Toroze(m): 7:22am On May 20, 2016
The truth in this is so glaring it hurts.....nice one bro

1 Like

Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by babyfaceafrica: 7:23am On May 20, 2016
Won't change anything...seun is a businessman..that's all that matters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by Unblockable: 7:41am On May 20, 2016
stzy:
Now imagine why are benue people scared when lassa fever broke out... Its because they eat rats... So many people feed on so many animals n superstitions surrounding reptiles in this part of the world is something u can't overlook

@Omenka, is it true?!

#Banned

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by CUM4WHAT(m): 7:43am On May 20, 2016
Mke i sha talk........ i need a wyf

1 Like

Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by chacoonder(m): 7:43am On May 20, 2016
Unfortunately, this is Africa where all animals are comestible.. cry
Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by NigerianScholar: 7:44am On May 20, 2016
corperscorner:
Was looking through the thread involving the massacre of a SEAL and stumbled on few reasonable comments. What the dude said below is something you should engage your thinking cap on. It's really disheartening to see the rate at which your mods promote mediocrity on the front page with no attempt to educate the misguided ones.

I personally wouldn't say you should thrash threads like this cos it's a buzz that would generate traffic to your platform - you need it cos your ad slots have been coming up empty of late. But at least, let there be a bold note of enlightenment by one of your moderators immediately after posts on every topic that could be an opportunity to educate the gullible ones. And don't say you guys wouldn't want to alter contents created by visitors cos several times, your mods have been seen editing headlines to make it appealing to the front page.

Thank you and God bless your forum.

Comment below was from IdomaLikita

https://www.nairaland.com/3114460/manatee-caught-fishermen-obuamu-river

You made a lot of sense......but, most likely you will get banned
I did something similar and I got banned for almost 7 days. I was told it was because I broke rule 20
"20. Complaints to or against moderators must be sent privately. Please don't disobey, disrespect, or defame them."

And I was trying to help the forum grow

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by stzy(m): 7:44am On May 20, 2016
Unblockable:

@Omenka, is it true?!

#Banned
so its news to u that TIV people have rat as a serious delicacy... Thank me for increasing ur knowledge this morning

1 Like

Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by JuicyGee(f): 7:46am On May 20, 2016
I was hurt wen i saw the way they butchered that animal. What a country! cry
Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by Unblockable: 7:49am On May 20, 2016
stzy:
so its news to u that TIV people have rat as a serious delicacy... Thank me for increasing ur knowledge this morning

Lol. . .
Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by Thatitan234(m): 7:52am On May 20, 2016
Its unfortunate to see Nairaland abet these acts. Africa is a region with immense level of biodiversity and resources to tap into but we are just backwards. Even the literate folks among us see it as fun.
Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by Nobody: 7:58am On May 20, 2016
I never open threads about animals that were slaughtered! I find it horrifying! embarassed
Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by somehowpenis(m): 8:52am On May 20, 2016
You are even lucky eating humans isn't legalized.
Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by drewxx88(m): 8:55am On May 20, 2016
Am a wildlifer and I was simply mortified with what I saw for a CRITICALLY endangered mammal like the manatee to be butchered like that made me sad cos all through my school days I only saw this mammal in videos and pictures ,I thought they were extinct ...

3 Likes

Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by itstpia8: 8:56am On May 20, 2016
I didnt know there were manatees in Nigeria.

Why doesnt the country have a marine park or some such?

2 Likes

Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by Nobody: 9:03am On May 20, 2016
Savagery from people is tacitly encouraged by the small minded moderators on this forum. Everyone is out to kill their own snake and be featured on front page, when they should outrightly be banned.
On a similar note, lynchings and corpses are displayed on front page in some macabre exhibitionism. I just cannot wrap my head around it.
This dysfunction is a national problem and I understand now that it is hardwired in many uneducated and poverty stricken people.
So, what's your excuse?

4 Likes

Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by fernandoc(m): 9:05am On May 20, 2016
Guy u are the one that has issues. You are the kind of guy that feels he can do a better job by observing. You have never been an Mod before. Guys like you are the reason buhari is president today. Do your job and leave the Mods to do theirs. Nairaland is not your bedroom.

You wrote this epistle to teach people how to do their job. Can't you buy newspaper?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by Nobody: 9:18am On May 20, 2016

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by decode55(m): 9:23am On May 20, 2016
fernandoc:
Guy u are the one that has issues. You are the kind of guy that feels he can do a better job by observing. You have never been an Mod before. Guys like you are the reason buhari is president today. Do your job and leave the Mods to do theirs. Nairaland is not your bedroom.

You wrote this epistle to teach people how to do their job. Can't you buy newspaper?

This guy, I don't think your head is correct.

4 Likes

Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by Chuksemi(m): 9:27am On May 20, 2016
I am personally offended. What kind of rubbish is this? Seun please don't bother repyling this white man as.s licker.

This is why the black man remains a dunce. So because Europe is promoting animal rights, we should do the same? Do you know that in most Asian countries, almost any animal is killed for meat? Even cockroaches and rats. Why don't you go there and shout animal right. I don't understand why we can't think for ourselves.

If the white man comes tomorrow and says don't barb hair, protect hair rights. I am sure it is your type that will start keeping afro and shout down any body that cuts his/her hair.
Oga, reason for yourself, stop follow follow.

Imagine comparing Nairaland to Reddit. Reddit is white, Nairaland is black. Must Nairaland be like Reddit? So Nairaland should loose it's originality and appeal to the black populace in an attempt to impress the lighter skinned? You haven't even given any strong reason why the killing of a fish shouldn't grace frontpage.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by d33types: 9:27am On May 20, 2016
Oga Seun is supposed to be an animal activist. he loves dogs like crazy,so I cannot understand these issues of snakes and animal cruelty across front-page... not good at all

I don't think it's wrong to kill and eat these animals..showcasing these massacres as if it's a vital part of our culture is the problem.
Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by Chuksemi(m): 9:29am On May 20, 2016
iLegend:

I bought your idea, but don't have a MasterCard to pay for it, so I'll just drop it like it's hot. Different environments, different lifestyles. That's what makes the world less boring!

I never liked speaking pidgin English until a foreigner fell in love with it, and I thought about it. She pestered me to teach her. Now, I've realized we're actually unique. Even our accent is so loved abroad! It's not a story, I have witnessed thousands of times. I deleted most of my wacky foreign jamz and downloaded my dearly Naija Jamz
. Why? Because we're unique.

In a hungry land you think like a hungry man, else be ready to die.

Don't try to belong — re-create and invent or re-invent your style. It doesn't matter if it's good or bad — let it be unique. That's all.

iLegend.

Oga, you deserve a gift. Imagine this whiteman wannabe. I don't understand how someone like him will think from his TV.

4 Likes

Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by Chuksemi(m): 9:31am On May 20, 2016
BoboYekini:
Savagery from people is tacitly encouraged by the small minded moderators on this forum. Everyone is out to kill their own snake and be featured on front page, when they should outrightly be banned.
On a similar note, lynchings and corpses are displayed on front page in some macabre exhibitionism. I just cannot wrap my head around it.
This dysfunction is a national problem and I understand now that it is hardwired in many uneducated and poverty stricken people.
So, what's your excuse?

Did you actually type this? Or your keyboard has click issues? People should be banned for killing snakes? Sire, give reasons why this should be so, asides the fact that whitemen don't kill snakes, I want an original reason.

2 Likes

Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by Mcowubaba: 9:35am On May 20, 2016
Firstly, the problem is that Nigeria don't have a active law or policy with regards to Animal breeding, management, protection...
I remember long ago in Ontario region , we needed a license just to go fishing....

Secondly, about snakes, I personally don't like them, I know that not all species are not harmful to a fully grown man with respect to some size of Pythons (the can still swallow ur little child)..

If I see a snake personally I will kill it immediately no time for long story, we as a Nation has not advanced to the level of calling Animal service or wildlife commission to come and pick up such creatures... When fire service, ambulance, police etc delay in emergency cases involving Human life, na Coyote or Elephant dem wan come catch or tranquilize....

Thirdly, POVERTY, most people kill/hunt this endangered species for food, money and other raw materials..... Provide meaningful employment and youth empowerment and you see how this hunting will reduce or be properly regulated, even in developed countries, the hunt, fish massively but with monitoring and regulations.....
Finally, Seun, Mynd44, Obinoscopy, OAM4J, lalasticlala etc Wouldn't kill themselves, how are the promoting animal killing, by bringing the topics to front page, if you use this same philosophy and analogy that means that the are also promoting Corruption, Boko Haram bcuz the bring this topics to front page...
This my friend is height of naivety and fallacy .....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by Chuksemi(m): 9:39am On May 20, 2016
With the kind of comments I am seeing here. I want to weep for my country. Everybody is saying ' it is horifying, terrible, backward' please, what makes the killing of an animal backward?

Because the whiteman stopped something and called it wrong. We must certainly do the same? China kills almost anything that is tagged an animal. Are they backward? Are they languishing in savagery? I don't understand why we can't think with our brains. We prefer using the TV, whatever white culture we see on TV, we adopt.

Africa is backward because we keep trying to imitate someone else. Why can't we be original for once. Everything we do now is imitated. Kai, imagine guys saying killing an animal is babaric. Please, people that are against this killing of wild animals should come up with something feasible.

Someone said he is a wildlifer and the said animal was going extinct. I can understand that. But the op's reason is senseless.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SEUN, If You Ignore This - Then You Have Personal Issues by Chuksemi(m): 9:44am On May 20, 2016
Mcowubaba:
Firstly, the problem is that Nigeria don't have a active law or policy with regards to Animal breeding, management, protection...
I remember long ago in Ontario region , we needed a license just to go fishing....

Secondly, about snakes, I personally don't like them, I know that not all species are not harmful to a fully grown man with respect to some size of Pythons (the can still swallow ur little child)..

If I see a snake personally I will kill it immediately no time for long story, we as a Nation has not advanced to the level of calling Animal service.

Sir, why should this be an 'advancement'? I want to understand why we must follow the whiteman in every thing, to become 'advanced'. We pick up literally whatever shi.t that comes from a white a.ss. Why, sir? Why?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hot Or Not? / . / Nollywood Actress Regina Daniels And Emi Sky Smack Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.