Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,810 members, 7,798,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s (3432 Views)

Yul Edochie To Contest For Anamabra Guber Election. / State With Most Epileptic Power Supply / Soldiers Invade Oporoza, Delta Community In Search Of Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by peaceuntous: 9:14am On May 20, 2016
Anambra community raises alarm over herdsmen invasion, destruction of properties
News By: Abiodun Thursday, May
By Nwabueze Okonkwo

ONITSHA-Villagers of Aboji Akanano of Oba, a community in Idemili South Local Government Area of Anambra State have raised alarm over what they termed a systematic invasion of the area and attendant destruction of their farm crops, streams and installed water tanks, by those they identified as Fulani herdsmen and their cows.

Chairman of the village, Nze Dozie Nweke, who disclosed this to newsmen in his residence, said the herdsmen, armed with AK-47 rifles and other sophisticated weapons and numbering up to 500, usually invade Oba community with their cows from nowhere by1a.m.and operate freely till about3a.m.before leaving, after wreaking havoc on their farmland.

Nweke disclosed that the herdsmen had, on a number of occasions, came to a compound with a water tank and opened the taps for their cows to drink to their satisfaction, until the entire tank would become empty before they leave.

He added that on one occasion, the owner of the compound was around and when he asked who they were, their reply to the owner was 'shut up' and the next thing they did was to open fire in his direction.

Begs Buhari

According to Nweke, "we want these herdsmen to stop harassing us.They threaten our people at the wee hours and forcefully occupy any isolated area from where they will invade our streams and farmland with their cattle and if any one protests, they will shoot at him with their guns.

"We do not want to authorise our youths to attack the herdsmen. Government should assist us to tell President Muhammadu Buhari to call his men to order before it degenerates into a bloody battle.

"The herdsmen are boasting that Buhari is their brother and that there is no shaking. They enter our farmland and destroy everything."

Source: http://nigeriaworld.com/cgi-bin/axs/ax.pl?http://odili.net/news/source/2016/may/19/829.html
Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by chriskosherbal(m): 9:16am On May 20, 2016
I see
Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by TANTUMERGO007(m): 9:17am On May 20, 2016
boooohari was a mistake, he is a big full lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by Young03(m): 9:18am On May 20, 2016
tongue tongue
Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by LoveMachine(m): 9:18am On May 20, 2016
Something isn't adding up...

1 Like

Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by peaceuntous: 9:19am On May 20, 2016
But i feel that we all must not keep quiet in the face of fulani onslaught and occupation and genocide.

DONT SIT IN YOUR HOUSE AND SAY YOU CANT DO ANYTHING. D
ONT LAUGH AT THE TIVS AND IDOMAS WHO ARE SUFFERING NOW AND SAY IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN TO YOU.
STOP BEATING YOUR CHEST AND SAYING IF THEY COME TO MY VILLAGE THIS WILL HAPPEN, THAT WILL HAPPEN, WE WILL SHOW THEM PEPPER.
STOP PRAYING TO GOD FOR SOLUTION LIKE MANY JEWS DID IN GERMANY AND SIX MILLION OF THEM WERE KILLED.
STOP PRAYING BECAUSE GOD IS TELLING YOU TO DO SOMETHING YOURSELVE AND GOD WILL HELP YOU.
WORK AS IF EVERYTHING DEPENDS ON YOU, THEN PRAY AS IF EVERYTHING DEPENDS ON GOD.

EVIL THRIVES WHEN GOOD PEOPLE DO NOTHING

I am not calling for violence. I am calling for peaceful protest

Vote with your buying power. BOYCOTT ALL FULANI HERDSMEN PRODUCT. STOP EATING BEEF, KPOMO, SUYA

How can we look our grandchildren in the eye and say we allowed this to happen. How can i look my son in the eye when fulani man enters my house with a matchete. He will cry Daddy, and run to me. And expect his dad to protect him. And i will say, son, i did nothing.

What if my village is attacked. What will i tell my ageing mum and dad. I did nothing??

What will i tell my wife when they rape her in front of me, and kill her.She will be looking at me, crying.
NO WAY. God forbid. I shall fight. Peacefully.
I will continue to fight. till they kingdom come. Until fulani embraces peaces or is forced to do so, I shall not rest.
I shall no longer eat beef, kpomo, suya. I will rather die for lack of protein. My money will not be used to buy bullets to kill others

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by Mortiano(m): 9:21am On May 20, 2016
How true is this; because i know my anambra brothers; we no dey carry last

1 Like

Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by peaceuntous: 9:21am On May 20, 2016
#BOYCOTT ALL BEEF PRODUCTS.
FROM TODAY HENCEFORTH, I SHALL NO LONGER EAT BEEF, OR SUYA, OR KPOMO, UNTIL ALL FULANI GOES BACK TO THEIR LAND

YES, BECAUSE I KNOW THEY CAN NEVER LIVE IN PEACE WITH ANYONE UNLESS FORCED TO.

FELLOW NAIRALNDERS, JOIN ME IN THE BOYCOTT. THAT IS OUR PEACFUL MEANS OF PROTEST. SINCE BUHARI AND HIS FULANI DOMINATED MILITARY AND POLICE HAVE REFUSED TO PROTECT US, AND WE CANNOT BUY GUNS TO PROTECT OURSELVES, LET US PROTEST PEACEFULLY, BY BOYCOTTING ALL HERDSMEN PRODUCT.

From today henceforth, i will only eat fish, or chicken, or turkey. When i cant afford them, i will go vegetarian.

IF WE NIGERIANS REFUSE TO EAT THEIR BEEF, THEY WILL BE STARVED OF FUNDS.

#BOYCOTT ALL BEEF AND COW PRODUCTS

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by fastguy10: 9:22am On May 20, 2016
The second coming of civil war

1 Like

Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by peaceuntous: 9:27am On May 20, 2016
Mortiano:
How true is this; because i know my anambra brothers; we no dey carry last

This is news carried by a national news paper, and you are asking how true is this.
The earlier people wake up and realise that because it is not happening in your village now does not mean you are safe.

If all igbos shoud stop eating beef, that will be a way to pay them back.

Are you still eating beef? If you are, ask yourself if you are not contributing to this evil. I beg you, please, stop eating beef. Boycott their product. They are in the business because we are buying their product. If we dont, they will stop. If we insist on buying only beef raised in ranches, they will stop normadic graziing. When their is no demand, business will either change, or adapt, or go out of existnce. Boycott has been used successfully in maning places.

WHY ARE ALL THE VICTIMS OF FULANI STILL EATING BEEF, FEEDIING ON THE BLOOD OF YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS

I SHALL RATHER DIE OF LACK OF PROTEIN, THAN EAT BEEF, KPOMO, OR SUYA AGAIN.
I SHALL NOT CONTRIBUTE MONEY TO THOSE WHO ARE KILLING MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by fiizznation: 9:28am On May 20, 2016
You guys should better stop deceiving yourselves with this "invincible herdsmen" stories. Listen to this cheap lie -"About 500 herdsmen with AK47s were operating freely from 1am - 3am"; Is this some kind of joke or what? Well even the "invincible Fulani herdsmen" that attacked nimbo community was a capital lie. Till date, no arrest was made and a single Fulani cow was not spotted around that nimbo uzo community.

You guys should keep on terrorizing yourselves and at the same time blaming the "invincible Fulani herdsmen" for all I care

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by orunto27: 9:36am On May 20, 2016
Where are the Bakassi Boys?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by fiizznation: 9:45am On May 20, 2016
peaceuntous:

Who is paying you?
You are playing politics with the lives of people
Continue
The coming war will consume you too. THE BLOOD OF ALL THOSE KILLED IN NIMBO AND AGATU ARE ON YOUR HEAD
YOU TOO SHALL DIE OF VIOLENCE IN E HANDS OF THOSE WHO FEEL THEY CAN DO EHATEVER THEY WANT AND GET AWAY WITH IT
You guys should stop lying please. How can 500 herdsmen armed with ak47s terrorized a community for 2hrs and no policemen, soldiers etc were alerted? Or is it not the same anambra state that have employed the services of helicopters to guide its borders against invading "herdsmen" ?

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by ihitenansa: 9:50am On May 20, 2016
This is definitely not good

1 Like

Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by chumakk: 9:53am On May 20, 2016
This will be end of the cattlemen if this is true. You are touching the wrong people. They fought the whole country before so you are a ant.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by peaceuntous: 9:54am On May 20, 2016
fiizznation:
You guys should stop lying please. How can 500 herdsmen armed with ak47s terrorized a community for 2hrs and no policemen, soldiers etc were alerted? Or is it not the same anambra state that have employed the services of helicopters to guide its borders against invading "herdsmen" ?

What have you to say about the confessison below from a fulani leader, admitting at his people killed Tivs, because their cows were stolen.
DID HE OR DID HE NOT SAY IT. ANSWER ME. IS THAT NOT A CONFESSION OF GUILT THAT HE LNOWS HIS PEOPLE DID IT, AND HE KNOWS WHO DID IT

We killed because Tiv youths stole our 800 cows - Fulani spokesman
Written by: Johnson Babajide - Makurdi
Sunday, May 15, 2016

BENUE State coordinator of Myetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN), Garus Gololo, has advanced reason for the Friday night attack on the Tiv people of Agwabi village in Binev Council Ward of Buruku local government area of the state, which led to the death of many persons.

Tribune Online had reported the sacking of Agwabi community and killing of many people as a result of renewed crisis between herdsmen and farmers in Buruku local government area of Benue State on Friday night.

However, state police command confirmed five people killed by suspected Fulani herdsmen on Friday night who invaded the affected community.

Gololo said that information gathered from his kinsmen in the troubled Buruku area alleged that trouble started when youths from the affected village on Thursday carried away 800 cows belonging to the resident herders.

According to him, "the (herders) traced the missing cows the following day to that village and that was how trouble started.

"This is highly regrettable because they should have notified the security apparatus already put in place by the state government who could have handled the matter. They didn't report the matter even to us (MACBAN)."

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by kuuljay(m): 9:57am On May 20, 2016
fiizznation:
stop wasting your time,school girls were abducted by jihadists for over two years some are dead,one is found and while the whole world is jubilating,igbos are tagging it a scam,can a reasonable people be that bitter? They can go ahead and wipe the entire village just to paint buhari bad none of our business,behave yourself and avoid their schemes if you observe very well other well meaning nigerians on social media don't even have their time when they create hate mischievous topics,they congregate and wail alone

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by peaceuntous: 10:03am On May 20, 2016
fiizznation:

Mr Man, what have you to say to this evidence again below. Someone, a fulani herdmen, arrested, aand confessed. HE CONFESSED TO KILLING PEOPLE. IS HE NOT A FULANI? DID HE NOT KILL PEOPLE. WAS HE NOT ARRESTED BY THE POLICE, ACCIDENTWLLY FOR THAT MATTER. READ IT. READ THE CONFESSION BELOW. I HAVE MORE EVIDENÇE FOR YOU. BUT I WONT WASTE MORE TIME ON YOU. I AM CALLING ON ALL PEOPLE FROM EAST, WEST, SOUTH, AND NORTH CNTRAL OF NIGERIA TO JOIN THE BOYCOTT OF ALL BEEF PRODUCTS. THAT WILL EVEN BE GOOD FOR POULTRY AND FISH FARMERS HO AREE PEACEFUL. FULANIS CAN GO INTO THAT BUSINESS AS WELL. I AM NOT AGAINST FULANI. I AM FOR PEACE. BUT I AM AGAISNT THE MURDER, RAPE AND MAIMING OF INNOCET CITIZENS

By CHIZOBA IKENWA and EMMAUEL ADEYEMI, Lokoja
KOGI State Police Command now has in its custody, one of the sus­pected herdsmen who participated in the recent massacre of more than 48 persons in Nimbo community, Uzo- Uwani local government area of Enugu state.

Saturday Sun gathered that the suspect simply identified as Mohammed Zure was initially arrested by the police because of his connection with some suspected kidnappers in the state.

According to a reliable source in the state command, Mohammed was granted bail after the prime suspect in the kidnap case for which he was nabbed was arrested. “He was granted bail and because he needed someone to take him on bail, the investigating officer decided to switch on his phone. Out of curiosity, he decided to go through the content of the phone. It was in the process that he discovered horrible video clips of a murder scene.

“Everything changed immediately and he was taken back to the interrogation room. He later confessed that he was the one who took the video while they were slaughtering one of the victims during the Enugu killings. In the video, you could hear him shouting and saying in Hausa ‘I have killed you now. You think that you can kill Fulani herdsmen and go free’. He personally took the picture to show his family members that he was actually successful and participated in the killings”, the police source stated.

According to the source, Mohammed confessed that they were more than 100 Fulani herdsmen who came for the attack. “He confessed that they were more than 100 and were selected from differ­ent states especially from Taraba , Kogi, Benue, Nasarrawa , Kastina , Niger and Kaduna states. He claimed that the people of Nimbo had killed so many of their people in the past and government did not do anything about it. He claimed that they also reported severally to Nimbo elders but they refused to investigate, that was why they decided to retaliate.”

Mohammed, it was further gathered, told the police that the Fulani are so united that whatever affects an individual is their problem. “He alleged that their people in Nimbo shared Kolanut to all cattle rearers across the country. What it signifies is that there is going to be an attack and everyone should send representatives to support them. He alleged that this is their custom and has been existing. He was nominated to join them because he was born and raised in Enugu by his father who is also a herdsman. Two days before the attack, they all gathered in a community in Kogi and perfected how they would execute the attack
Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by chernest2002: 10:21am On May 20, 2016
A day shall come
Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by Nnabugwu8590: 10:58am On May 20, 2016
fiizznation:
Have you heard of national security politics before?
Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by double0seven(m): 11:14am On May 20, 2016
Mr. Peaceuntous, the issue of discourse and under examination is your alleged attack by 500 herdsmen with AK47 in Anambra state, and not the attack by herdsmen in Kogi State.

The fact that something happened in Kogi is not proof that it also happened in Anambra.

And please which major newspaper carried the news, because all I see up there as source is some blog.
Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by peaceuntous: 12:26pm On May 20, 2016
double0seven:
Mr. Peaceuntous, the issue of discourse and under examination is your alleged attack by 500 herdsmen with AK47 in Anambra state, and not the attack by herdsmen in Kogi State.

The fact that something happened in Kogi is not proof that it also happened in Anambra.

And please which major newspaper carried the news, because all I see up there as source is some blog.

GEET A COPY OF VANGUARD, OF YESTERDAY, THURSDAY 19TH OF MAY 2016. IT IS THERE

The blog i quotd was where i lifted the typed version from, because i am busy in my company. I dont have the time to retype what is already in e-format in a blog.
Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by 1NigeriaOnlyIf: 12:39pm On May 20, 2016
double0seven:

MR double0seven, i read that news yesterday on vanguard.
I went searching for the link for online vanguard. I can see that peaceuntous has answered you. but here, i have the link for you now.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/anambra-community-raises-alarm-herdsmen-invasion-destruction-properties/

So you dont have to leave your house looking for the vanguard of yesterday. I am happy with your question. You wanted better proof. You are a better person than those who sit in their house and laugh at victims of fulani herdsmen, thinking it will never come to them.
I AM NEITHER PRO BUHARI, NOT ANTI BUHARI. I AM ONENIGERIAONLY IF THERE WILL BE PEACE. BUHARI DOES NOT FEED ME. JONATHAN NEVER FED ME. I WANT GOOD RULERS. SIMPLE
Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by mile12crises: 12:42pm On May 20, 2016
fiizznation:
You guys should better stop deceiving yourselves with this "invincible herdsmen" stories. Listen to this cheap lie -"About 500 herdsmen with AK47s were operating freely from 1am - 3am"; Is this some kind of joke or what? Well even the "invincible Fulani herdsmen" that attacked nimbo community was a capital lie. Till date, no arrest was made and a single Fulani cow was not spotted around that nimbo uzo community.

You guys should keep on terrorizing yourselves and at the same time blaming the "invincible Fulani herdsmen" for all I care

Just shut up

1 Like

Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by mightyokwy(m): 12:47pm On May 20, 2016
What shocked shocked. In my own Anambra angry those guys have over stepped their boundary. Since they have decided to enter Anambra there end is near.
Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by 1NigeriaOnlyIf: 1:08pm On May 20, 2016
omenka:
It is a shame that Seun, Mynd44 and the rest of the stakeholders on this forum, have allowed all these inflammable lies to be spread on the forum unchecked.

500 people with guns and yet we hear the story from some unknown blog.

Such a shame.

i read that news yesterday on vanguard.
I went searching for the link for online vanguard. I can see that peaceuntous has answered you. but here, i have the link for you now.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/anambra-community-raises-alarm-herdsmen-invasion-destruction-properties/

So you dont have to leave your house looking for the vanguard of yesterday. I am happy with your question. You wanted better proof. You are a better person than those who sit in their house and laugh at victims of fulani herdsmen, thinking it will never come to them.
I AM NEITHER PRO BUHARI, NOT ANTI BUHARI. I AM ONENIGERIAONLY IF THERE WILL BE PEACE. BUHARI DOES NOT FEED ME. JONATHAN NEVER FED ME. I WANT GOOD RULERS. SIMPLE
Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by peaceuntous: 1:11pm On May 20, 2016
omenka:
It is a shame that Seun, Mynd44 and the rest of the stakeholders on this forum, have allowed all these inflammable lies to be spread on the forum unchecked.

500 people with guns and yet we hear the story from some unknown blog.

Such a shame.

Mr Omenka, someone else has answered u. But i will give you the same answer i gave Mr doubleoseven

The blog i quotd was where i lifted the typed version from, because i am busy in my company. I dont have the time to retype what is already in e-format in a blog.
Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by gwales: 1:11pm On May 20, 2016
fiizznation:

gospel truth....
Re: Fulani Invade Anamabra State With Ak47s by peaceuntous: 1:14pm On May 20, 2016
gwales:
gospel truth....

(1) (2) (Reply)

“i Will Show Buhari The Meaning Of Asiwaju; I Can Destroy Apc- Tinubu / Nigerian Army In Pictures / IPOB Women Conference Ongoing In Abiriba, Abia State....pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.