Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,786 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Chibok Girls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chibok Girls (378 Views)

Chibok Girls Rescue: Omokri Mocks Lai Mohammed & El-rufai As UK Vindicates GEJ / Parents Identify 21 Chibok Girls- Daily Trust / Released Chibok Girls And Ali Ndume Strike A Pose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chibok Girls by EmmyUrch: 10:13am On May 20, 2016
"It is not exactly correct to accuse those who disbelieve theChibok girls abduction story of insensitivity. Truth betold,the Chibok girls story is riddled with inconsistencies,incoherences, contradictions and outright lies. Believing thestory almost requires suspending a part of the brain used incritical thinking and reasoning."I am not implying that no girl was abducted in Chibok. Farfrom it. I am just saying that those who narrated the eventstarting from the Chibok School Principal -Hajiya KwamburaAsabe, the Bornu state governor -Ibrahim Shettima down tothe Nigerian army....all of these characters deliberatelymanipulated their report to achieve certain aim."Rather than trying to guilt people into swallowing the liessold by the aforementioned characters, those who honestlybelieve the Chibok story should be trying to help offeranswers to some of the questions regarding the incident:"What did boko haram use in moving over 200 girls?? Imean, how many trucks were in their convoy and how didthey move such a very long convoy to their destinationwithout being detected by the authority?"How did boko haram manage to keep over 200 girlsincustody and completely off the radar of powerful countrieslike America and Britain with all their sophisticatedequipments such that these two countries came here andsearched for the girls but found nothing??"Why did it take weeks for the supposed parents of theabducted girls to come forward?? Why did it take monthsfor the Chibok school of the abducted girls to come forwardwith their names and photos??"How possible is it to have around 276 girls sitting forphysics WAEC exam in one center in an educationallydisadvantaged state like Bornu??"Sometime last year, some of the girls were reported tohave escaped from the boko boys and were even interviewedby CNN. My questions go thus:"How did a couple of naive teenage girls manage to escapefrom the world deadliest terror group?? And how did theescapees find their way through the mine-infested Sambisaforest which the authorities told us is as big as the entireEnugu state?? This question is particularly importantto me."In the interview with CNN, the chibok girls who weresupposedly sitting for WAEC exam at the time of theirabduction could not speak English language. Na Hausalanguage they for take write the WAEC exam??"Now, to the issue of one of the girls that's just been'rescued':"How come the army, the vigilante and the school authoritywere all having verbal gymnastics over the girl's name witheach group coming up with different name for the girl??Does it mean that the girl no longer know her own name??"If there is something I hate so much, it is being thoughtinsensitive. But there is something I hate even more, andthat is pretending to believe an illogical story just to soundpolitically correct."~Charles Ogbu

(1) (Reply)

PDP Crises, Police Lock Out Members, Sealed National Secretariat Over Leadership / See Waht Buhari's Economic Policies Has Caused / Buhari Cancels Trip To Rivers For Ogoni Cleanup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.