Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Tinubu Meets Labour Leaders Over On-going Strike Read More: Https://www.naij.com - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Meets Labour Leaders Over On-going Strike Read More: Https://www.naij.com (734 Views)

Bola Tinubu Meets His New Grandson Abiodun (Photos) / Tinubu Meets Oyegun At Book Presentation On Buhari / FG To Propose N45,000 Minimum Wage, Meets Labour Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Meets Labour Leaders Over On-going Strike Read More: Https://www.naij.com by NOC1(m): 1:00pm On May 20, 2016
The leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Bola Tinubu, today, May 20, made a surprise appearance at the headquarters of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) to broker peace between the present administration and the labour leaders. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Bola Tinubu flanked by labour chairman, Ayuba Wabba and former NLC president, Abdulwaheed Umar at the venue where journalist were to be briefed on the outcome of the meeting. Speaking at the briefing, Tinubu said he would not deny being a part of what is happening in Nigeria today. “I cannot say we work from a distant, I cannot say I was not a part of what is happening today. I can only say I noticed the communication gap,” Tinubu said. He urged the labour union to have a rethink on the ongoing strike action for the interest of Nigerians. Bola Tinubu flanked by labour leaders. “I cannot say you are the enemies of progress of the country, today we came in to appeal to you, and go back to history, we worked real hard to bringing Nigeria on a progressive path,” he added. Tinubu added that the present administration is focused on ensuring the growth and development of Nigeria as a country. “For me progressive governance is all we care about. “Mr. President, the former president, our senators are here only to make clear that you are not the enemy and you will never be the enemy of what is progressive,” he said. “Why should we continue, problems after problem, conflict after conflict?” the APC leader asked. He appealed to the labour leaders to understand that what is happening now, which involves him Without your support, without your participate we would not have wpn this election. He also called on the labour leaders to collaborate with the present administration to bring the desired change for Nigerians. Meanwhile, the federal government has initiated moves to end the ongoing strike by releasing names of its members of the technical committee to work with organised labour on the agreement on palliatives following the hike of pump price of petrol to N145 per litre. Making the announcement in statement, Samuel Olowookere, the deputy director press on behalf of the minister of labour and productivity, Chris Ngige, said the committee will be inaugurated on Monday, May 23, 2016.
Read more: https://www.naij.com/836313-breaking-tinubu-crucial-meeting-nlc-photos.html?source=breaking
Re: Tinubu Meets Labour Leaders Over On-going Strike Read More: Https://www.naij.com by TANTUMERGO007(m): 1:02pm On May 20, 2016
grin SARAKI popular pass tinubu as far as Nigerian politics is concern grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Meets Labour Leaders Over On-going Strike Read More: Https://www.naij.com by espn(m): 1:04pm On May 20, 2016
so many clown on NL.....JAGABAN HIMSELF
Re: Tinubu Meets Labour Leaders Over On-going Strike Read More: Https://www.naij.com by kossyablaze(m): 1:12pm On May 20, 2016
Tinubu maka y? U hypocrite
Re: Tinubu Meets Labour Leaders Over On-going Strike Read More: Https://www.naij.com by Achuwa1(m): 1:51pm On May 20, 2016
is Tinubu still in dis country ?
thought pmb deployed him to somalia to run the affairs of the Nigerian embassy there. grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Meets Labour Leaders Over On-going Strike Read More: Https://www.naij.com by keyremotes(m): 2:05pm On May 20, 2016
WHO OR WHAT IS TINUBU TO BE MEETING WITH THEM?

(1) (Reply)

PIC: Kano State Governor Flags Off Borehole Project To Mark His 1st Yr In Office / Checkout Ben Bruce's #MadeInNigeria# Outfit At Launch Of Dressmeoutlet(pics) / Photos Of Rotimi Amaechi At Challenges Of Mass Transportation Lecture In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.