Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill (6116 Views)

4 Profitable Online Business To Make Money That Requires No Special Skill / Convert Airtime To Cash with ipayairtime / How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 2:21pm On May 20, 2016
Hello all,

My name is Joseph Philip. I have been a regular reader of this forum.

In this thread, I will be showing you practical ways you can convert that skill of yours to cash. No matter the skill you possess, you can make money from it if you know how to go about it.

I won't be boring you with bogus details or thereabout.

I will simply be showing you what works, what has worked for me over the years.

I will be telling you how to milk the resources you have on your inside to produce the income you need at anytime.

Please, this is not a get-rich-quick scheme. It's also not for the lazy ones. I believe there are people out here who have one or more skills and know that it can make them money yet are confused as to how to get about it.

This thread is meant to clear your confusion as I will be giving you practical evidences from my own journey in life to show you that even without having the money to advertise, you can still rake in cash from your skill.

As much as this thread is meant to teach you, I am also ready to learn as nobody is an island of knowledge.

Let's make this a fun and interesting thread where we can all learn together.

I am yours faithfully,

Joseph Philip
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by ashatoda: 2:38pm On May 20, 2016
ready lets go on
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by websuccess(m): 3:31pm On May 20, 2016
I'm in.

Skill number 1.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 4:13pm On May 20, 2016
ashatoda:
ready lets go on

Thanks for coming on board.

We will all learn together.

websuccess:
I'm in.
Skill number 1.

My oga, your boy is humble, ready to teach and willing to learn from you too.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Austin234(m): 6:13pm On May 20, 2016
What are u not teaching us?
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 8:16pm On May 20, 2016
Austin234:
What are u not teaching us?

I created this thread to share my knowledge and share my knowledge I will.

Please, be patient.

Thank you.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 8:26pm On May 20, 2016
Hi all,

In my bid to ensure that this thread is structured, the following are the topics I will be looking at as I teach in this class.

Outline
- What is a skill?
- What are the different types of skills? (Looking within yourself to see that overlooked or underrated skill)
- Why do you need to monetize your skills?

My Skills & How I Make Money With Them

- My Nairaland Experience
- How I converted my CVwriting skill to generate income on Nairaland
Utilizing my Social Media
- How I Make Money with my Web Design Consulting & Mobile Marketing Skill
- My facebook experience

Creating a Central Market Place for my Products (Skills)

- The Opportunities Before You

- Any Other One That Springs Up During The Class

Here it is. I believe we all will learn in this thread.

I will be updating as frequently as I can.

Thank you.

Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 2:52pm On May 21, 2016
Good day everyone,

I'll be starting with the first topic in our outline which is: What is a skill?

Simply put, a skill is the ability to do something well.

A skill could be something that you learnt or mastered over the years outside your area of academic or business specialization.

I know of two doctors who are tech gurus - one owns a tech blog while one is a multi-millionaire web consultant who has made a name for himself here in Nigeria.

A skill could be that particular thing you take for granted thinking it's nothing at all.

It could be learning how to knot a tie.

I remember how one Sunday morning while dressing up for church, I had to go and meet my dad to help me knot my tie. He gave me a knock on my head saying "Since all these times you've seen me knotting my tie, you haven't learnt how to do it yourself."

With the knock having reset my brain to learning mode, I looked at how he knotted the tie for me "just once" and since then up till now, I know how to knot a tie properly. grin grin grin grin

Do you know there are people out there who don't know how to knot a tie properly? Do you know this skill can fetch you a handsome income? Do you know that if you learn how to package this skill well, you'll not only teach people how to knot ties alone, you could also graduate to becoming a tie seller?

The opportunities in the skill you have are limitless.

The question with which I will be ending this post is this, "What is that skill you so much overlook in your life yet is a goldmine?"

Go ahead and think about it.

I'll be back soon.

PS: If you have any question, please post it here so that we all can learn from each other.

I remain yours sincerely,

Joseph 'The Skill Man' Philip

3 Likes

Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by MurphyInc(m): 8:41pm On May 21, 2016
[quote author=Bigdreams post=45834704]Good day everyone,

A skill could be something that you learnt or mastered over the years outside your area of academic or business specialization.

I know of two doctors who are tech gurus - one owns a tech blog while one is a multi-millionaire web consultant who has made a name for himself here in Nigeria.

A skill could be that particular thing you take for granted thinking it's nothing at all.

I remember how one Sunday morning while dressing up for church, I had to go and meet my dad to help me knot my tie. He gave me a knock on my head saying "Since all these times you've seen me knotting my tie, you haven't learnt how to do it yourself."

With the knock having reset my brain to learning mode, I looked at how he knotted the tie for me "just once" and since then up till now, I know how to knot a tie properly. grin grin grin grin

Do you know there are people out there who don't know how to knot a tie properly? Do you know this skill can fetch you a handsome income? Do you know that if you learn how to package this skill well, you'll not only teach people how to knot ties alone, you could also graduate to becoming a tie seller?

The question with which I will be ending this post is this, "What is that skill you so much overlook in your life yet is a goldmine?"

I'll be back soon.

PS: If you have any question, please post it here so that we all can learn from each other.

Joseph 'The Skill Man' Philip[/quote

Wow this is great...sorry I got here late hope I'm not too late
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by MurphyInc(m): 8:43pm On May 21, 2016
[quote author=Bigdreams post=45834704]Good day everyone,

I'll be back soon.

Joseph 'The Skill Man' Philip[/quote

Wow this is great ..sorry I got here late hope I'm not too late
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by MurphyInc(m): 8:44pm On May 21, 2016
Bigdreams:
Hello all,

In this thread, I will be showing you practical ways you can convert that skill of yours to cash. No matter the skill you possess, you can make money from it if you know how to go about it.

I will be telling you how to milk the resources you have on your inside to produce the income you need at anytime.

Please, this is not a get-rich-quick scheme. It's also not for the lazy ones. I believe there are people out here who have one or more skills and know that it can make them money yet are confused as to how to get about it.

This thread is meant to clear your confusion as I will be giving you practical evidences from my own journey in life to show you that even without having the money to advertise, you can still rake in cash from your skill.

As much as this thread is meant to teach you, I am also ready to learn as nobody is an island of knowledge.

I am yours faithfully,

Joseph Philip

Wow thanks for this please I'm here with you
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by MurphyInc(m): 8:45pm On May 21, 2016
Bigdreams:
Hello all,

I am yours faithfully,

Joseph Philip

thanks for this please I'm here with you
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 8:48pm On May 21, 2016
MurphyInc:
Wow this is great ..sorry I got here late hope I'm not too late

You are not late bro.

You are highly welcome.

We all are here to learn.

Yours Sincerely,

Joseph 'Ever Ready To Learn' Philip
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Kezzy24(f): 11:54am On May 22, 2016
Interesting thread,seriously following.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 1:57pm On May 22, 2016
Kezzy24:
Interesting thread,seriously following.

Thanks for following.

I'm sure we will all learn together.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 4:05pm On May 22, 2016
Thanks for following this thread so far.

This thread is not primarily meant to promote any scheme or programme but rather it is meant to help you unearth what you already have inside of you. It will also suggest skills that you can acquire that can make you money all the time.

Many of us are bundles of skills/talents. We just allow them lie fallow without refining them to become marketable skills. I have read stories of some people whose skill is knowing how to purchase wedding stuffs for about-to-wed brides. They most times did this free until someone made them realize they could actually convert that 'unique skill' of knowing how to purchase bride stuffs at bargain prices into CASH. This they did and as at the time I read their stories, they were milking that skill for all it's worth making comfortable income time and over again.

One of the major problems we have as individuals is that we are in a hurry.

Yes, many of us are in a hurry, hurrying to acquire wealth, hurrying to become popular, hurrying to become like our peers.

Please, listen and listen well.

We are not all created equally and thus do not have the same path to destiny and glory in life. What works for A might not work for B. The fact that A got there in 3 weeks does not mean you will get there in 3 months. It is very good to understand your person and your path to success. No other person is like you. You are rare and have such uncommon characteristics that stand you shoulder high above others. This does not in any way imply you are to lord yourself over others. No, it simply means that you find your relevance and stay within that relevance dishing out qualitative products or services to people around you thus meeting their needs in order that your own needs be meet by them.

I will be sharing my own personal stories from time to time so that you can also know that if a young man like me can make it, you also can.

I am not promising you will make millions. No, not at all. One thing I however promise you is that if you will be diligent, you will be able to decipher what it takes to convert your skill to cash at any time.

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

Joseph 'Not-A-Million-Dollars-Man' Philip

1 Like

Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 7:43am On May 23, 2016
Good day everyone.

As time permits, I will update this thread today.

I hope we all are learning something positive on this thread.

Thanks for following. You can also mention your friends whom you know will benefit from this class.

Do have a great day.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Analee(f): 1:48pm On May 23, 2016
tnx for u lectures,somebody lik me i know hw to print recharg card bt dont av moni,nw i av d skill, bt d barrier s finance,cos am finkn/lukin for a company or individuals 2 wok wif,sins i dnt av d moni to start mine,wat do u advice?
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 8:35pm On May 23, 2016
Analee:
tnx for u lectures,somebody lik me i know hw to print recharg card bt dont av moni,nw i av d skill, bt d barrier s finance,cos am finkn/lukin for a company or individuals 2 wok wif,sins i dnt av d moni to start mine,wat do u advice?

Thanks for following this thread.

In respect of your question, here is my piece of advice:

There is a place called beginning. It is the first step to take when dreams are being pursued.

Finance is not your problem. You have the solutions in your heart. You don't need to borrow before you finance your dream. You can start working for a considerable fee in order to save and start your business. If you will be humble enough, you will see opportunities around that will empower you to finance your dream.

I don't know if of late, you came across the news of that young man who lost his dad but decided to clean windscreens of cars while putting on his suit. He has been rewarded of late as a notable person in Nigeria here got his contact and invited him over. CNN also broadcasted his efforts too.

What does that show you?

It shows that the young man had a vision which would have been hampered by his lack of finance.

What did he do?

He did not sit down in self-pity or wait for someone to help him fund his dreams of going back to school. He took it upon himself to fight for the manifestation of his dreams. Today, he is the better for it.

What have I been trying to pass across all along?

The ability to get finance for your dream is already installed in you. Take time to sit down and look at services you can offer to money to save in order to finance your intended business.

The question is, will you be humble enough?

1 Like

Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 8:45pm On May 23, 2016
Good day everyone,

How has your day been?

Thanks for reading through this thread. I hope we all are learning. Please don't hesitate to ask any question you have in mind. I will try as much as possible to answer to the best of my ability.

The next sub-topic I will be discussing is this:

What are the different types of skills? (Looking within yourself to see that overlooked or underrated skill)

I will try as much as possible to explain this in my own language. While I'll bring you some educated definitions and concepts, my aim is not to flow with the tide of academic sense but to show you the nitty-gritty of what it takes to be skillful and how to tap into it.

According to wikipedia.org, the following are the different categories of skill:

Labor skills
Skilled workers have long had historical import as electricians, masons, carpenters, blacksmiths, bakers, brewers, coopers, printers and other occupations that are economically productive. Skilled workers were often politically active through their craft guilds.

Life skills
Life skills are problem-solving behaviors that are used appropriately and responsibly in the management of personal affairs. They are a set of human skills, acquired via learning (teaching) or direct experience, that are used to handle problems and questions commonly encountered in daily human life. The subject varies greatly depending on societal norms and community expectations.

People skills
According to the Portland Business Journal, people skills are described as:

understanding ourselves and moderating our responses talking effectively and empathizing accurately building relationships of trust, respect and productive interactions.

A British definition is “the ability to communicate effectively with people in a friendly way, especially in business.”

The term people skills is used to include both psychological skills and social skills, but is less inclusive than life skills.

Social skills
Social skill is any skill facilitating interaction and communication with others. Social rules and relations are created, communicated, and changed in verbal and nonverbal ways. The process of learning such skills is called socialization.

Soft skills
Soft skills is a sociological term relating to a person's "EQ" (Emotional Intelligence Quotient), the cluster of personality traits, social graces, communication, language, personal habits, friendliness, and optimism that characterize relationships with other people. Soft skills complement hard skills (part of a person's IQ), which are the occupational requirements of a job and many other activities.

Hard skills
Hard skills are any skills relating to a specific task or situation. These skills are easily quantifiable unlike soft skills which are related to one's personality.

Continued in the next post...

1 Like

Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 9:00pm On May 23, 2016
While the post above tried explaining the different types of skill according to academic sense, I am only interested in helping you discover that unique skill that is peculiar to you which when honed properly, it will stand you out and become a magnet to earn consistent income.

To this end therefore,

- If you can polish shoes very well, you already have a skill.

- If you can make hair for others, you have a money making skill.

- If you can fry puff-puff, you have a skill.

- If you can tie head-gear (gele) very well, you are sitting on a money making bomb.

- If you are good at organizing things and ensuring things are put in place properly, you have a skill.

- If you have muscle like power Igor, you have a money making skill my friend.

- If you know the prices of commodities in the market and know how to negotiate very well, you have a money making skill in you.

- If you are good at giving good financial advice to others due to your knowledge and experience over the years in financial matters, money is in you.

- If you are good at compering occasions and putting smiles on the faces of people, look no further, your skill is in you.

- If you understand a subject and know how to teach your colleagues, you are sitting on tutorial money.

- If you know how to fix technical things, why are you complaining you don't have money?

- If you know how to write well, why are you not making money from your writing skill?

- If you know how to talk sense, why are you suffering? Why are you not talking sense into people's heads and making money off it?

- ETC....

The reason why I wrote out the above skills is to let you see that your skills don't have to be something that is outside of you, it could have been inside of you for ages and lying fallow without you doing anything about it.

In my subsequent posts, I will reveal to you how I make money from my writing skill right here on Nairaland and how you can also position "any" skill you have to make money at anytime you wish.

I believe we are all learning.

Joseph 'Your-skill-is-in-you' Philip

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by SlimHan(f): 12:19am On May 24, 2016
Hmmmm eye opener

1 Like

Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Analee(f): 12:39am On May 24, 2016
[quote author=Bigdpost=45905576].tnx 4 u piece of advic,y nt notn s 2 smal n notn s 2 big,can start 4m anywer,so far it can get 2 a stag of financin d biz,wil do it.
Thanks for following this thread
In respect of your question, here is my piece of advice:

There is a place called beginning. It is the first step to take when dreams are being pursued.

Finance is not your problem. You have the solutions in your heart. You don't need to borrow before you finance yourream. You can start working for a considerable fee in order to save and start your business. If you will be humble enough, you will see opportunities around that will empower you to finance your dream.

I don't know if of late, you came across the news of that young man who lost his dad but decided to clean windscreens of cars while putting on his suit. He has been rewarded of late as a notable person in Nigeria here got his contact and invited him over. CNN also broadcasted his efforts too.

What does that show you?

It shows that the young man had a vision which would have been hampered by his lack of finance.

What did he do?

He did not sit down in self-pity or wait for someone to help him fund his dreams of going back to school. He took it upon himself to fight for the manifestation of his dreams. Today, he is the better for it.

What have I been trying to pass across all along?

The ability to get finance for your dream is already installed in you. Take time to sit down and look at services you can offer to money to save in order to finance your intended business.

The question is, will you be humble enou
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by boladale(f): 12:57am On May 24, 2016
Thx op, looking forward to your new posts
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 3:50am On May 24, 2016
Analee:
tnx 4 u piece of advic,y nt notn s 2 smal n notn s 2 big,can start 4m anywer,so far it can get 2 a stag of financin d biz,wil do it.

You are welcome. I would advise that you please stop typing in abbreviations. It doesn't help you in any way. Communicating well is an important skill you need to have no matter the skill you possess and want to convert to cash. Please, start typing in full. It doesn't waste your time rather it improves your life.

Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 3:52am On May 24, 2016
SlimHan:
Hmmmm eye opener

Thanks for following.

boladale:
Thx op, looking forward to your new posts

You are welcome. With God's help, I definitely will share more.

Thanks.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 3:24pm On May 24, 2016
Good day all,

Thanks for following this thread so far.

If you have any question, please kindly ask.

I'm sure we all will benefit from the answers provided.

Thank you.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 8:53pm On May 24, 2016
Good day everybody,

I'm really excited teaching as much as I believe you are also learning life lessons. It is a thing of joy to put smiles on the faces of others as you draw out of your own well to refresh them. Once they are refreshed, you also will be refreshed.

I hope you are reading all these posts of mine and making use of them.

I want you to succeed.

I'm so happy you are following this thread.

Today, I'll be teaching this - "Why do you need to monetize your skills?"

Hmmm...

1. You need to monetize your skills because you need money to be able to live a good life.

2. You must monetize your skills because it will help save a lot of people from heartaches and troubles.

3. Monetizing your skills helps to set you apart from others and make you the go-to person when there is a need for your services.

4. You must monetize your skills else you'll be frustrated jumping from one business to the other without any meaningful returns.

5. Skills you monetize help you to grow and become better than when you initially started.

6. Monetizing your skills has the ability to shoot you from a largely unknown person to a globally recognized individual who is respect for his/her outstanding contributions to solving the problems of others.

7. Skills monetization is very important in this present age because it can put food on your table and save you from hunger.

8. Monetizing your skills will ensure that you meet more people who will in one way or the other tell others about your services.

9. Monetizing your skills is needed in this dispensation due to the rising cost of living. You need to monetize your skills so that you can be financially free.

1 Like

Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by JosephPhilip: 11:00am On May 28, 2016
Hello everyone,

This is Bigdreams. My account was banned and therefore had to use this account to post here now.

I am not abandoning this thread and will definitely finish what I initially set out to achieve.

The ban will wear off this night. Once it does, I'll continue the teaching.

If you have questions, please kindly ask them.

I'll be willing to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

Thank you very much for following.

Do have a great day.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Nobody: 8:12am On May 29, 2016
@Op you are really doing a nice job, please keep it up.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:45am On May 29, 2016
Bigdreams:

You are welcome. I would advise that you please stop typing in abbreviations. It doesn't help you in any way. Communicating well is an important skill you need to have no matter the skill you possess and want to convert to cash. Please, start typing in full. It doesn't waste your time rather it improves your life.

Thank you.

Thanks for pointing that out. Abbreviation is killing written English of our youth these days.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Sunnylink(m): 3:16pm On May 29, 2016
Hello op I m an herbalist i have taught many people how to reverse deadly and incurable disease using herbs. how can i make money with this skills Online or offline? Am tired of given this idea for free.
My challange is that am not good in writing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Recycling Plant And Recycling Company Needed To Buy Waste Plastic Bottle / Make Money From Smartphone And Tablet Apps / Nigeria’s Crude Oil Production Hit 2.025mbpd In June

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.