Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,810 members, 7,798,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 (8653 Views)

Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) / Nigeria’s 2016 Worst Performing Governors / 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by OBAFEMIawolowo: 9:58am On May 21, 2016
Movic1:
So you didnt knw that lagos is a country inside another country. Everybody wannna live in lagos. Those figures you see up there re the actual figures. They re more people in ibdan than Ph bcoz it is the second largest yoruba city and that of Abj more populated than Ph, Abj is still the capital of Nigeria the last time i checked.
is okene more populated than akure and osogbo?

1 Like

Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by Ooni: 10:02am On May 21, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
Ibadan is not a slum, though you will find lot of rural settlements there but you also find such in other cities like obiagu, most part of abakpa and ugbene in enugu.
liar!
Learn to say the truth a all times

80% of Ibadan are slum and shanties. My uncle who returned from US went to Ibadan and came back with gory tales. Lets always say the truth. Who knows we might find help someday.
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by Ooni: 10:05am On May 21, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
I still find it difficult to believe that okene is more populated than these cities

Makurdi
Owerri
Umuahia
Calabar
Uyo
Awka
Akure
Ijebu ode
i know my people. Pls disregard those startistics coming from us. Sometimes ago my own govenor made some claims using statistics and it later backfired. Since then i stopped taking our data here in SW serious
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by dimieprincess(f): 10:06am On May 21, 2016
Movic1:
So you didnt knw that lagos is a country inside another country. Everybody wannna live in lagos. Those figures you see up there re the actual figures. They re more people in ibdan than Ph bcoz it is the second largest yoruba city and that of Abj more populated than Ph, Abj is still the capital of Nigeria the last time i checked.
I hate tribal bigots like u.
I am Yoruba and I make bold to challenge u dat Ibadan is not more populated than PH. What is Abuja? hissssssssss!!!
The most populated part of Abuja is Nyanya and nothing like population there. Are u counting Maraba and Masaka as Abuja ni?
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by dimieprincess(f): 10:08am On May 21, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
is okene more populated than akure and osogbo?
Don't mind the useless post. I don't know y d mods decided to live ds post here, it should be relegated to the garbage. Ijebu Ode is far more than Okene, Warri is far more than Okene and even Sapele, Ughelli all in Delta, Ado Ekiti what have you
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by dimieprincess(f): 10:12am On May 21, 2016
It is only a fool who will take ds garbage serious. look at the population of Oyo town. lol, what is the total population of Oyo state as a whole that Oyo town will have 1m. useless post from tribal bigot
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by Nobody: 10:17am On May 21, 2016
Ooni:
liar!

80% of Ibadan are slum and shanties. My uncle who returned from US went to Ibadan and came back with gory tales. Lets always say the truth. Who knows we might find help someday.
how long do you want to keep impersonating a Yoruba man?

how much has it added I to your pockets?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by RockHard: 10:18am On May 21, 2016
dimieprincess:

I am Yoruba and I make bold to challenge u dat Ibadan is more populated than PH. What is Abuja? hissssssssss!!!
The most populated part of Abuja is Nyanya and nothing like population there. Are u counting Maraba and Masaka as Abuja ni?

First of all, no one cares whether you are Yoruba or not (besides, how does one even prove that? With impostors like Ooni and olaitoro or whatever obviously pretending to be what they're not via their monikers), you are not even presenting any tangible fact to disprove this data, yet you are arguing blindly?? Or are we supposed to just believe you coz you ...say so?? At no point in the history of this country has PH been as populated as Ibadan, not even once, neither will it ever be coz like Movic said earlier, it's the second major/largest city of the second most populous ethnic group (Yorubas) in Nigeria -- many of the important personalities in the region have homes there, from Mike Adenuga, to Fayemi, Fayose, Oba Otudeko, e.t.c. Obviously Abuja is consistently growing owing to its position as the FCT, that's just common sense. Quit arguing blindly abeg.

6 Likes

Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by Ooni: 10:20am On May 21, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
how long do you want to keep impersonating a Yoruba man?

how much has it added I to your pockets?
truth is so bitter
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by Nobody: 10:21am On May 21, 2016
I don't cosign this list. How did they arrive at the figures?

One bonobo up there said PH is more populated than Ibadan. PH ko

I don't even believe Kano is more populated than Ibadan sef but we gats swallow am anyway

1 Like

Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by Ajibel(m): 10:21am On May 21, 2016
The thread reads most populated cities in Nigeria, yet Lagos was listed with an outrageous 21 million inhabitants.

The problem here is some cant differentiate between a City and a State smh.

3 Likes

Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by OBAFEMIawolowo: 10:22am On May 21, 2016
RockHard:

First of all, no one cares whether you are Yoruba or not (besides, how does one even prove that? With impostors like Ooni and olaitoro or whatever obviously pretending to be what they're not via their monikers), you are not even presenting any tangible fact to disprove this data, yet you are arguing blindly?? Or are we supposed to just believe you coz you ...say so?? At no point in the history of this country has PH been as populated as Ibadan, not even once, neither will it ever be coz like Movic said earlier, it's the second major/largest city of the second most populous ethnic group (Yorubas) in Nigeria -- many of the important personalities in the region have homes there, from Adenuga, to Fayemi, Fayose, Oba Otudeko, e.t.c. Obviously Abuja is consistently growing owing to its position as the FTC, that's just common sense. Quit arguing blindly abeg.
answer these questions

1. Have you been to okene?

2. Do you think okene is more populated than akure, owerri, calabar and warri?

3. Have you been to onitsha?

4. Do you believe ogbomoso is more populated than Jos, enugu and onitsha?

We need to be truthful to ourselves.
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by dimieprincess(f): 10:24am On May 21, 2016
RockHard:

First of all, no one cares whether you are Yoruba or not (besides, how does one even prove that? With impostors like Ooni and olaitoro or whatever obviously pretending to be what they're not via their monikers), you are not even presenting any tangible fact to disprove this data, yet you are arguing blindly?? Or are we supposed to just believe you coz you ...say so?? At no point in the history of this country has PH been as populated as Ibadan, not even once, neither will it ever be coz like Movic said earlier, it's the second major/largest city of the second most populous ethnic group (Yorubas) in Nigeria -- many of the important personalities in the region have homes there, from Adenuga, to Fayemi, Fayose, Oba Otudeko, e.t.c. Obviously Abuja is consistently growing owing to its position as the FTC, that's just common sense. Quit arguing blindly abeg.
If u r knowledgeable enough, u can decipher my assertion through my write ups.
I never disagreed with just PH, but I also said Okene can't have population up to Ado Ekiti, Ijebu Ode, Warri, Sapele, Ughelli and what have you. But because u r a tribal bigot you picked interest in just the Ibadan aspect. My father is from Ondo town in Ondo State and mother is from Bomdadi in Delta State.
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by OBAFEMIawolowo: 10:25am On May 21, 2016
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by OBAFEMIawolowo: 10:26am On May 21, 2016
Whathaveidone:
I don't cosign this list. How did they arrive at the figures?

One bonobo up there said PH is more populated than Ibadan. PH ko

I don't even believe Kano is more populated than Ibadan sef but we gats swallow am anyway

if we can be truthful to ourselves, the most populous cities will be

Lagos
Kano
Ibadan
Abuja
PH
Aba
Benin
Onitsha
Kaduna
Jos
Enugu
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by dimieprincess(f): 10:27am On May 21, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
answer these questions

1. Have you been to okene?

2. Do you think okene is more populated than akure, owerri, calabar and warri?

3. Have you been to onitsha?

4. Do you believe ogbomoso is more populated than Jos, enugu and onitsha?

We need to be truthful to ourselves.
Ogbeni eseun o, live the man let him keep hallucinating. It is not just foolish to assert that Abuja is more populated than PH or Okene is in per with Warri. What is in that Okene self, what is the total population of Igbira generally that Okene will have 900, 000. Is it that some person can't think outside the box of tribalism and favouritism?
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by dimieprincess(f): 10:30am On May 21, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
if we can be truthful to ourselves, the most populous cities will be

Lagos
Kano
Ibadan
Abuja
PH
Aba
Benin
Onitsha
Kaduna
Jos
Enugu
pls correct yourself, Abuja can never be populated than PH. Only Obio/Akpor will be in a battle with Abuja metropolis let alone Rivers state. Abuja has the smallest population in Nigeria from the census. Rivers population is 70%concentrated in Port Harcourt.
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by RockHard: 10:32am On May 21, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
answer these questions

1. Have you been to okene? No

2. Do you think okene is more populated than akure, owerri, calabar and warri? I don't know and therefore can't make any judgement on that as I've only been to Akure and Warri but not Okene.

3. Have you been to onitsha? Yes, just twice. I think the population of the city is fluid and ever changing due to its commercial character (people go in and out of the city to buy and sell daily), therefore it can be challenging to ascertain exactly how populated it actually is

4. Do you believe ogbomoso is more populated than Jos, enugu and onitsha? Ogbomosho is definitely more populated than Onitsha by my reckoning. And I saying so with emphasis sef. Ogbomosho is the second largest city in Oyo state and very densely populated. Even Saki in Saki West LGA Oyo (if you've been to Porto Novo, then you've prettymuch been to Saki coz they are strikingly similar), which doesn't even feature on the list, by my reckoning may be as or more populated than Akure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by OBAFEMIawolowo: 10:32am On May 21, 2016
dimieprincess:

Ogbeni eseun o, live the man let him keep hallucinating. It is not just foolish to assert that Abuja is more populated than PH or Okene is in per with Warri. What is in that Okene self, what is the total population of Igbira generally that Okene will have 900, 000. Is it that some person can't think outside the box of tribalism and favouritism?
and i ask myself again ooo, is it not that same okene along abuja road? Haba, people no dey fear God brother.
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by Nobody: 10:32am On May 21, 2016
Ajibel:
The thread reads most populated cities in Nigeria, yet Lagos was listed with an outrageous 21 million inhabitants.

The problem here is some cant differentiate between a City and a State smh.

Na true sef . Why add up the whole Lagos and then split other states into cities
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by Movic1(m): 10:32am On May 21, 2016
dimieprincess:

I am Yoruba and I make bold to challenge u dat Ibadan is not more populated than PH. What is Abuja? hissssssssss!!!

It is normal to hate. What's the total population of Oyo state and River state before we move further?
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by OBAFEMIawolowo: 10:35am On May 21, 2016
RockHard:

well I have been to ogbomoso, onitsha and okene and I say there's no way ogbomoso will be more populated than onitsha. Okene is more of a village than a town, it shouldn't be considered at all.
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by access081: 10:35am On May 21, 2016
Hahahahaha very funny,, just students in Esut and IMT enugu is more than 5million...
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by dimieprincess(f): 10:37am On May 21, 2016
Movic1:

It is normal to hate. What's the total population of Oyo state and River state before we move further?
look at the whole population for the two states.
Oyo State . 5,591,589. Rivers State. 5,185,400
as at 2006.
Oyo population is relatively spread across Ibadan, Oyo, Ogbomosho and what have you.
On the other hand, Rivers state population is concentrated in PH. PH has over 70% of the population of the state. So answer me how Ibadan as a town is more populated than PH.

SOURCE: http://macosconsultancy.com/Lists%20of%20Nigerian%20State%20by%20Landmass%20and%20Population%20Densityyy.html
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by juman(m): 10:37am On May 21, 2016
Movic1:

If the entire yorubaland is a slum bcoz of bad leaders then Nigeria is also a Slum. Coz Nigeria herself aven't experience any good leadership since she was created....

Hmmm.

Even buhari confused government has not done anything in their one year government.
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by Ajibel(m): 10:38am On May 21, 2016
Whathaveidone:

Na true sef . Why add up the whole Lagos and then split other states into cities

Lagos as a state has a population of about 21 million. No city in Lagos can have more than 2 million.

Alimosho local govt in Lagos is the most populated LGA in Nigeria but doesnt have up to 3 million inhabitants.
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by Movic1(m): 10:39am On May 21, 2016
Ooni:
liar!

Guy u fit lie. Shea ur uncle know road to airport ,not to talk of london cheesy grin. by the way. wetin ur londoner uncle find go ibadan since ibadan na slum

3 Likes

Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by dimieprincess(f): 10:39am On May 21, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
and i ask myself again ooo, is it not that same okene along abuja road? Haba, people no dey fear God brother.
I wonder o, o ma se o. Tribalism has killed Nigeria
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by RockHard: 10:44am On May 21, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
well I have been to ogbomoso, onitsha and okene and I say there's no way ogbomoso will be more populated than onitsha. Okene is more of a village than a town, it shouldn't be considered at all.

Well, you're entitled to that opinion (especially as it relates to Ogbomosho vs. Onitsha) even though it contradicts my experience. undecided
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by MrAnalyst: 10:45am On May 21, 2016
That Abuja stat is total hogwash. Even Ogbomosho and Okene. Stupid stats.
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by Movic1(m): 10:48am On May 21, 2016
dimieprincess:

look at the whole population for the two states.
Oyo State . 5,591,589. Rivers State. 5,185,400
as at 2006.
Oyo population is relatively spread across Ibadan, Oyo, Ogbomosho and what have you.
On the other hand, Rivers state population is concentrated in PH. PH has over 70% of the population of the state. So answer me how Ibadan as a town is more populated than PH.

SOURCE: http://macosconsultancy.com/Lists%20of%20Nigerian%20State%20by%20Landmass%20and%20Population%20Densityyy.html

Ẹ̀bá-Ọ̀dàn , meaning 'the city at the edge of the savannah' is the capital city of Oyo State and the third largest metropolitan area, by population, in Nigeria , after Lagos and Kano, with a population of over 3.5 Million, and the country's largest metropolis by
geographical area.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibadan
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by dimieprincess(f): 10:51am On May 21, 2016
MrAnalyst:
That Abuja stat is total hogwash. Even Ogbomosho...
God bless u.
Abuja total population from 2006 census is d smallest followed by Bayelsa state. Obio/Akpor alone is more than Bwari, Gwagwalada, Kuje and Garki

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target / 22 Illegal Accounts Operated By NDDC / Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Rode On A Horse To Celebrate Xmas With Lagosian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.