Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

How Can I Tame My Mother In-law - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Tame My Mother In-law (2822 Views)

Pablo Classic Fasaki's Mother, Bola Fasaki. Is She The Youngest Mother-In-Law? / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) / Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by Nobody: 9:45am On May 21, 2016
How do I tame my mother in-law to be?my fiance has been telling me about his mum, how harsh and strict she is, even my fiance in-law,has told one or two things about her and now I'm scared, what if she doesn't like me, what will I do
Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by Tallestniqqa: 9:58am On May 21, 2016
Becqueen:
How do I tame my mother in-law to be?my fiance has been telling me about his mum, how harsh and strict she is, even my fiance in-law,has told one or two things about her and now I'm scared, what if she doesn't like me, what will I do
You might try to be nice or more composed,
The truth is be yourself, if she likes you now,and later she discovers you just put on an act it wont be funny at all

1 Like

Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by Greatzeus(m): 9:59am On May 21, 2016
You cant tame her,she is your mother in law not your kid or younger one.
What if she doesnt like me? Dont worry about her liking you,if you are God fearing,respectful,humble,good cook,independent,hospitable especially to your in laws,she wont have any reason not to like you.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by thorpido(m): 10:01am On May 21, 2016
You want to tame your mother-in-law?Don't start that way or you will be at loggerheads.
Just be yourself,be good and be sure you have a fiance who will stand by you.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by Creamish(f): 10:02am On May 21, 2016
Becqueen:

If ur sure about ur hubby, then get into d marriage first. U tame strict MILs wit good attitude n respect. I hope for ur sake that ur hubby luvs u and is ready to stand with u when MIL is acting all out mean. No matter what, dont disrespect her. This will encourage hubby to stand by u.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by Project400: 10:03am On May 21, 2016
...be good to her son; that's all cool

1 Like

Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by rheether(f): 10:24am On May 21, 2016
Them never marry you and you are already thinking of taming your mother inlaw. God is watching you.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by pretydiva(f): 10:34am On May 21, 2016
Greatzeus:
You cant tame her,she is your mother in law not your kid or younger one.
What if she doesnt like me? Dont worry about her liking you,if you are God fearing,respectful,humble,good cook,independent,hospitable especially to your in laws,she wont have any reason not to like you.
best advice op
Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by misreal(m): 10:34am On May 21, 2016
Creamish:

If ur sure about ur hubby, then get into d marriage first. U tame strict MILs wit good attitude n respect. I hope for ur sake that ur hubby luvs u and is ready to stand with u when MIL is acting all out mean. No matter what, dont disrespect her. This will encourage hubby to stand by u.

Cheers!
op come take food sharp sharp
Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by PresVA: 10:38am On May 21, 2016
rheether:
Them never marry you and you are already thinking of taming your mother inlaw. God is watching you.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ... she's proactive grin grin
Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by Nobody: 11:35am On May 21, 2016
tame kwa?
Is she a wild carnivorous animal? shocked

10 Likes

Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by MizMyColi(f): 12:27pm On May 21, 2016
You are making assumptions based on what he told you.

You should experience her for yourself.

I was told that mine is this way and that way...
I was scared initially.

But I told myself that I would do just fine.
I would be myself. Who am I?
I am Love personified.

She keeps talking about our first meet.
I did not kneel to greet her or do or say stuff I wouldn't do for my own mum. If I love my mum, it shouldn't be hard to extend same to another mum.

The title of your thread should be "How can I love my MIL"
Respond in Love, Do not react.
Discard pride and ego, but maintain ur sense of dignity.
Don't give her the feeling you have come to usurp her place in her son's heart.

Be the factor that unites, not divide.
It is well with you.

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by byvan03: 1:17pm On May 21, 2016
Solution, be courteous and always maintain a healthy distance. Be yourself and don't try too hard.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 21, 2016
MizMyColi:
You are making assumptions based on what he told you.

You should experience her for yourself.

I was told that mine is this way and that way...
I was scared initially.

But I told myself that I would do just fine.
I would be myself. Who am I?
I am Love personified.

She keeps talking about our first meet.
I did not kneel to greet her or do or say stuff I wouldn't do for my own mum. If I love my mum, it shouldn't be hard to extend same to another mum.

The title of your thread should be "How can I love my MIL"
Respond in Love, Do not react.
Discard pride and ego, but maintain ur sense of dignity.
Don't give her the feeling you have come to usurp her place in her son's heart.

Be the factor that unites, not divide.
It is well with you.

Words of Wisdom! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by MizMyColi(f): 3:19pm On May 21, 2016
Mindfulness:

Words of Wisdom! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Right back at'chyagrinkisssmiley
kisskisskiss

1 Like

Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by EfemenaXY: 3:42pm On May 21, 2016
Becqueen:

Are you a control freak?

Aside from sounding rude and obnoxious, why would you think of "taming" someone old enough to be your mother? How rude.

Image a young girl I've never met hoping to marry my son, asking how she can "tame" me. You never start.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by cococandy(f): 4:19pm On May 21, 2016
Tame? How derogatory. Is she a wild animal?
You should be asking how you can get along with her not 'tame' her.

Some people and their use of words. undecided

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by cococandy(f): 4:21pm On May 21, 2016
Ha. I thought I was the only one who saw the inappropriate title.

EfemenaXY:

Are you a control freak?
Aside from sounding rude and obnoxious, why would you think of "taming" someone old enough to be your mother? How rude.
Image a young girl I've never met hoping to marry my son, asking how she can "tame" me. You never start.
Kachisbarbie:
tame kwa?
Is she a wild carnivorous animal? shocked
Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 21, 2016
..and they haven't married you into the family yet? chukwu ekwe na ka ngwere gua a ji
Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 21, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Are you a control freak?

shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin grin

I wouldn't but the odds are EXTREMELY low that your prospective daughter-in-law will hear such things about you. wink kiss
Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by edwife(f): 6:50pm On May 21, 2016
Wow! reading comments like hmmmmm shockedshocked

[size=2pt]** goes back to sipping pina colada**[/size]
Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by EfemenaXY: 7:38pm On May 21, 2016
edwife:

[size=18pt]** goes back to sipping pina colada**[/size]

cheesy cheesy

Mindfulness:

shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin grin grin
I wouldn't but the odds are EXTREMELY low that your prospective daughter-in-law will hear such things about you. wink kiss

True that.

But the biased, judgemental, post is breath taking. The MIL has been found guilty based on blind assumption.
Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 21, 2016
EfemenaXY:

True that.

But the biased, judgemental, post is breath taking. The MIL has been found guilty based on blind assumption.

She is prejudiced because people told her the worst of stories. Didn't even the boyfriend / son himself paint his mother as the Leader of the Association of Village Witches? cheesy

This girl is scared that she is going to meet the devil's widow. cheesygringrin

Sipping cheap champagne with strawberry flavor.
Edwife, cheers! smiley smiley smiley

I like your new style of writing with longer, not so compressed epistles . cheesy
Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by EfemenaXY: 7:53pm On May 21, 2016
Mindfulness:

She is prejudiced because people told her the worst of stories. Didn't even the boyfriend / son himself paint his mother as the Leader of the Association of Village Witches? cheesy

This girl is scared she is going to meet the devil's widow. cheesygrin

Another example of a weakling.

Only very weak and I dare say dangerous people make their judgement(s) off the back of other's assumptions. She obviously hasn't got a mind of her own.

If someone tells her, "poison your mother-in-law, she's evil", @ op will do it without a second thought based on someone's say so.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by Bolade005: 7:57pm On May 21, 2016
If you want to tame your MIL, just buy a dog leash and put around her neck since she's an animal to you. Smh

I hope your guy sees this thread and know the kind of woman he's about to be forever hooked to.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 21, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Another example of a weakling.

Only very weak and I dare say dangerous people make their judgement(s) off the back of other's assumptions. She obviously hasn't got a mind of her own.

If someone tells her, "poison your mother-in-law, she's evil", @ op will do it without a second thought based on someone's say so.

I didn't know it was that bad. undecided
Poisoning was not in the immediate vicinity of my mind in the context of this thread.
Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by EfemenaXY: 8:04pm On May 21, 2016
Mindfulness:

I didn't know it was that bad. undecided
Poisoning was not in the immediate vicinity of my mind in the context of this thread.

With a mindset like that, anything's possible.
Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by edwife(f): 8:37pm On May 21, 2016
EfemenaXY:

cheesy cheesy

winkgrin Efe how many smiley are there? [size=2pt]***whispers am i tipsy?***[/size]

Mindfulness:

Sipping cheap champagne with strawberry flavor.
Edwife, cheers! smiley smiley smiley
I like your new style of writing with longer, not so compressed epistles . cheesy

I don't like writing long epistles unless very necessary and also i am not so good with arguments, i might start writing French. I sometimes run out of English words. gringrin Do you know how long it can take for me to write one long epistle? grin That time can fetch me good money coding. tongue

Champagne? Strawberry? nice! cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by EfemenaXY: 8:41pm On May 21, 2016
edwife:

winkgrin Efe how many smiley are there? [size=18pt]***whispers am i tipsy?***[/size]

Oui mademoselle. Tu est beaucoup drunk, au je d'ui. cheesy cheesy

To answer your question: Il est Dix smilies tongue
Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by edwife(f): 8:45pm On May 21, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Oui mademoselle. Tu est beaucoup drunk, au je d'ui. cheesy cheesy

But Efe why evil na? cheesy why are you enlarging my words? cheesy

dix? non jamais. I can still see clearly, well most. grin
Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by EfemenaXY: 8:47pm On May 21, 2016
edwife:

But Efe why evil na? cheesy why are you enlarging my words? cheesy
dix? non jamais. I can still see clearly, well most. grin

Why not babes? kiss kiss
Re: How Can I Tame My Mother In-law by cococandy(f): 8:47pm On May 21, 2016
edwife:

[size=2pt]** goes back to sipping pina colada**[/size]
Off topic sha.

pls Don't remind me of Bahamas island last year and their authentic pina colada.I've missed it ever since. What we get here doesn't compare.
I almost feel bad I can't go anywhere this year because of this tiny omomo.

I have this topic derailing habit that I need to overcome.

Back to topic.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Best Thing To Do? Matured Men Only. / . / How Do You Cope With The Death Of Your Child/children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.