Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Meet Ayo Otun – Nigerian Student Who Won (USA) Most Outstanding Student 2016 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Ayo Otun – Nigerian Student Who Won (USA) Most Outstanding Student 2016 (877 Views)

Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) / UNILORIN Student Who Won A Master's Scholarship Abroad (Photos) / My Student 2016 WAEC Result. I Am Proud To Be Your Teacher. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet Ayo Otun – Nigerian Student Who Won (USA) Most Outstanding Student 2016 by BrosMayowa(m): 9:55am On May 21, 2016
Meet Ayodamola Otun, the Nigerian student who won IUPUI’s (Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, USA) Most Outstanding Student for 2016. Ayo, as he likes to be called majored in Biology.

Here is his response to questions he was asked by IUPUI International Student Ambassadors.

Tell us more about being a Top 100 student at IUPUI?

Being a Top 100 student at IUPUI means of the over 22000 students at IUPUI, you are one of the 100 most outstanding students. It means you have taken advantage of the opportunities that IUPUI provides. It means you have succeeded academically. It means you have civic engagement and have offered service to IUPUI and its community. It means you are involved in extra-curricular activities on the campus. It is a great honor.

How will study at IUPUI help you reach your future goals?

I want to become a neurosurgeon and researcher in neurobiology. At IUPUI, I have been able to complete pre-requisites to apply to medical school. I also got opportunities to explore both careers through research, internship and shadowing. I actually discovered my passion for research through my involvement in research through research programs at IUPUI. IUPUI has helped me develop into an all-rounded student.

What advice or encouragement would you give to international students who are considering coming to IUPUI?

Do not limit yourself. Get involved as much as possible. It will help you create a network system. Seek assistance if you need assistance, it will make college easier than it seems. Have fun and do what you are passionate about while also being open minded and trying out new things and opportunities.

Re: Meet Ayo Otun – Nigerian Student Who Won (USA) Most Outstanding Student 2016 by BrosMayowa(m): 9:55am On May 21, 2016
source afterschoolafrica.com/12482/ayo-otun-iupui-outstanding-student/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blisscareer+%28After+School+Africa+Newsletter%29

(1) (Reply)

Reasons To Avoid Cultism In School / ..gdv / Easiest And Cheapest Way To Pass Waec,jamb,gce&neco Exams With Fly Colour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.