Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) (39319 Views)

Ibibio Cuisines To Try / Yoruba Cuisines To Try / Well Packaged Nigerian Dishes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by aimuan(m): 4:12pm On May 21, 2016
Op, u should have consider those in diaspora like me,before posting this delicious soup/meal here.where I go see this one chop today now?chia,deris God o.No place like home.

1 Like

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by CUM4WHAT(m): 4:14pm On May 21, 2016
Mouth Gig:
DUMMHEIT.... grin grin..SAI BABA.
hmm
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by temmyo: 4:14pm On May 21, 2016
colossus2:
OP put Ujuju eaten by Agbor people.
Edible worm and kpokpo garri also na delicacy.
edible worm and kpokpo garri aka ikolo and feniye...chai...let me call my grandmother

1 Like

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 21, 2016
colossus2:
OP put Ujuju eaten by Agbor people.
Edible worm and kpokpo garri also na delicacy.
Edible worm? I'd love to try that one
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by NovusHomo(m): 4:17pm On May 21, 2016
BossDanniee:
Bonus; Sapele water (Ogogoro)
Lol! 'Ogogoro' as it is mostly called is a west African alcoholic
drink, usually brewed locally. It is most
popular in Nigeria , where it is known as the
country's homebrew. It is called Aka mere , Agbagba in [Urhobo] and has the power and ability to knockdown your brain! Lol, believe me!

No wonder they are blowing up pipelines. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by blowjob: 4:21pm On May 21, 2016
CUM4WHAT:
hmm
IN DEUTSCH ,STUPITY AT HIGHEST LEVEL...SAI BABA.. grin
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by Efe3: 4:23pm On May 21, 2016
this list is dry na
what about Okro, Ogbono, Egusi, Onugbu, owo and starch...
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by vRendoh(m): 4:24pm On May 21, 2016
grin grin
ABAVO o!

my mouth don wet! especially the owoh and starch!...Guy! grin grin grin
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by captain247: 4:24pm On May 21, 2016
BossDanniee:
Banga Soup (Ofe Akwu)
Nigerian Banga Soup or Ofe Akwu is native to
the Niger Delta and the South Eastern parts of
Nigeria. In the Niger Delta areas, Banga soup
is commonly eaten with various fufu recipes:
Starch, Pounded Yam, Semolina, Garri and
Cassava Fufu. In the South Eastern parts of
Nigeria, Banga Soup is referred to as Ofe Akwu
where Ofe means Soup / Stew and Akwu
means palm fruit and is used mainly as stew
for Boiled White Rice. This soup is popular in my hometown Ika (Ika Nation).

Cc; Lalasticlala

You make brain in this your write up but this banga soup is the igbo banga stew . Urhobo banga soup is not prepared with pumpkin leaf, its either dry or fresh bitter leaf depend on the fish type it could be dry fish or fresh fish or ebenetete.

2 Likes

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by Ganjafama(m): 4:25pm On May 21, 2016
BossDanniee:
Owgho Soup
It is pronounced Oh-W-Oh
soup, a culinary delight of the Urhobo people. The Urhobo’s are very proud of this dish. So
proud, in fact it is considered one of their
celebratory dishes. It is served with Starch or Yellow Garri.

Cc; Dominique
Point of correction, Ohwo soup is a dish peculiar to almost all tribes in Delta State, not just the Urhobos. The Itsekiris love eating it with starch.

2 Likes

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by captain247: 4:30pm On May 21, 2016
nairaman66:
Correct OP

Where is Egusi Pepper Soup and Ghana Pepper Soup??

Right now my mouth is watery!! grin

Also okro pepper soup
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by martineverest(m): 4:31pm On May 21, 2016
Deltans thieving edo soups since 3bc

1 Like

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by 9jatatafo(m): 4:39pm On May 21, 2016
Oniovo ma vo! Which one be cassava fufu again? We get another fufu like eba fufu abi yam fufu. Make u clear me
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by thugthang(m): 4:39pm On May 21, 2016
U 4got to name banga rice,kpokpo gari and pig rice?I am a fulani but banga rice was my favourite meal when I was in warri.
Opharhe:
Korrect. Make i drop dis one first... Infact, this is what i ate this morning. I represent Urhobo 100%. Wadoo!

Hot and spicy Ukodo
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by mitchyy(f): 4:41pm On May 21, 2016
These pics didnt do justice at all to our meals. What kind of Owho soup is that? Looks like stew. And if u want to post pic of correct delta banga soup, make sure its inside ewere. The starch too sef looks like Eba.
Let me snap the owho soup and starch in my kitchen right now.
By the way, where banga rice, okro peppersoup, and erhibotor? What of kpokpo garri soaked in water and mixed with sugar and sardine? I know you said "popular dishes" but we get food o.

2 Likes

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by Ganjafama(m): 4:41pm On May 21, 2016
Okro peppersoup and egusi peppersoup is not listed. Op you dey fall our hand o. Those two dishes brings back memories of my childhood in sapele.
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by mitchyy(f): 4:44pm On May 21, 2016
9jatatafo:
Oniovo ma vo! Which one be cassava fufu again? We get another fufu like eba fufu abi yam fufu. Make u clear me

I doubt if the OP grew up in delta
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by JVgal(f): 4:45pm On May 21, 2016
My mum can't go a week without banga soup.
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by 9jatatafo(m): 4:46pm On May 21, 2016
mitchyy:

I doubt if the OP grew up in delta

I swear! The OP fall my hand big time

1 Like

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by sweatlana: 4:49pm On May 21, 2016
calitosprince:
proudly deltan
I love delta eh. I'm so happy my mum is isoko!

1 Like

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by Opharhe: 4:52pm On May 21, 2016
thugthang:
U 4got to name banga rice,kpokpo gari and pig rice?I am a fulani but banga rice was my favourite meal when I was in warri.
Oooh! Fulani eating Banga rice? That's interesting. I didn't forget anyone sir. Just put up one of my favourite which i happen to have eaten this morning. Wow! I'm impressed o. I'm very sure you don't eat 'pig rice' because of the pork abi? Where exactly did you live in Warri? I guessing Igbudu(Hausa quarter) or main market area.
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by colossus2: 4:58pm On May 21, 2016
nma24:
Edible worm? I'd love to try that one
Its nice grin

1 Like

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by Zidjay(f): 4:59pm On May 21, 2016
Egusi pepper soup!!!! 1 soup i learnt from a deltan lady, boy, anytime I announce say I wan prepare the soup, everyone in the house would start jubilating cheesy. From the online recipe, owho soup seem quite difficult sad I wished I could make it, but wait o,na only starch dem dey use chop owho soup? What of eba, semo, or fufu?
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by nkemdi89(f): 5:06pm On May 21, 2016
One sided, what of ofune, oruru, egusi ocha.
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 21, 2016
colossus2:

Its nice grin
Its Huge!!! shocked
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by ewosk: 5:14pm On May 21, 2016
Evestar200:
See the real banga soup here
confam

1 Like

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by otokx(m): 5:32pm On May 21, 2016
There is difference between banga soup and ofe akwu.

You can also add variants of banga soup to include banga okro soup.

There is also palm oil stew which you prepare with little or no tomato, good for eating white rice.

1 Like

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by ikukuhero: 5:44pm On May 21, 2016
BossDanniee:
Banga Soup (Ofe Akwu)
Nigerian Banga Soup or Ofe Akwu is native to
the Niger Delta and the South Eastern parts of
Nigeria. In the Niger Delta areas, Banga soup
is commonly eaten with various fufu recipes:
Starch, Pounded Yam, Semolina, Garri and
Cassava Fufu. In the South Eastern parts of
Nigeria, Banga Soup is referred to as Ofe Akwu
where Ofe means Soup / Stew and Akwu
means palm fruit and is used mainly as stew
for Boiled White Rice. This soup is popular in my hometown Ika (Ika Nation).

Cc; Lalasticlala

Thanks. But, in Ika, it's called Ofe Ekwu or Ofe Eku, not Akwu. Ika's call palm fruits ekwu or eku, not akwu. Ask your aged one's at Agbor, Abavo and Owa areas.
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by Evestar200(f): 5:48pm On May 21, 2016
ewosk:

confam
yes o
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by ikukuhero: 5:50pm On May 21, 2016
How could you have left out all delicious ujunjun and onunu abun soups cooked with dried fish, stock fish and prawns, eaten with pounded yellow yam. That's the ultimate of them all.
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by Evestar200(f): 5:52pm On May 21, 2016
colossus2:

You na daughter of the soil oh.
But I no like this two food sha.
Which part of central you come from and where be your location ?
Olomu Town in Ughelli South Local Goverment Areal. bt i reside in warri.
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by Evestar200(f): 5:54pm On May 21, 2016
OKorowanta:

Lol..iribotor
Beta wack.
i nor dy use that soup play, that soup alone na medicine to d body o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State / Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? / A Nairalander Bought This Big Fish To Celebrate His Easter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.