Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,878 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:51 AM

How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law (7058 Views)

Girl Being Breastfed By Her Mum In Taraba After In Viral Photo Has Died / What Do You Do To A Father Who Batters And HumiliatesYour Mum In Front Of You? / I Lost My Mum In The 3rd Mainland Bridge Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Kaira333: 8:20am On May 23, 2016
Acidosis:
you sef, why is your husband 'lean'
Hahahahah no problem on a very Good day u will see how slim he is.
Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Kaira333: 8:23am On May 23, 2016
Ewuro4:

You're not welcome.
who cares? Lolxxxxxxxxxxxxx sad woman

1 Like

Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Acidosis(m): 8:30am On May 23, 2016
Kaira333:
Hahahahah no problem on a very Good day u will see how slim he is.
Lol, that your MIL stubborn sha.

just concentrate on her good side; and ignore the negative comments. Your husband will appreciate your silence, as long as you keep doing good.
Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Miami11: 9:54am On May 23, 2016
Kaira I will come to your defence on needing help

You sure need help after c section don't let anyone fool you and don't feel guilty

I worked myself after c section, do you know my abdominal incision opened not entirely though. They almost opened me up again. Healing was slow and hard. I'm still going for check ups and pain is still there on an off almost a year after surgery.
If you must seek help please do it. But not your mother in law.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Eketem: 10:16am On May 23, 2016
cococandy:

I just want to make an observation to you and Ewuro's post.
Sometimes people need help not out of laziness but out of necessity.
I'll use myself for example. Going to school full time and working part time leaves me no chance to be home all day with my lil' one.
And of course DH can't resign from his job to sit with her all day. How will we survive? Therefore we need help.
I'd rather a family member stay with her than take her to strangers when she's just weeks old.
Everyone's situation is not the same.

You are right

1 Like

Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Eketem: 10:17am On May 23, 2016
Kaira333:
I have seen how mannered you are, clap for urself, inugo? I don't know why u are too sad and bittered, anyway its non of my biz. I thought u are a super woman? Y did u invite ur mil to come at first. Besides when u read try to read with understanding don't just rush and started typing like a fool. Get it right hubby suggested we invite Mil's sister instead of her. I know it's very unfair to her and it will bring serious trouble at the long run. Keep on talking trash like I said earlier its ur right OK? I know it serves me right therefore don't bother disturbing urself with dat. Nwanyi OMA inugo?

Cool down my dear there is no need to fight.
Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Nobody: 11:01am On May 23, 2016
Eketem:
Ewuro you are right
We took care of our child on our own and believe me we are best for it. Parents should stop being so lazy.

I never knew having a family member around post birth equates to laziness?

Naive me. What do I know. I'm learning.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Kaira333: 12:18pm On May 23, 2016
Miami11:
Kaira I will come to your defence on needing help

You sure need help after c section don't let anyone fool you and don't feel guilty

I worked myself after c section, do you know my abdominal incision opened not entirely though. They almost opened me up again. Healing was slow and hard. I'm still going for check ups and pain is still there on an off almost a year after surgery.
If you must seek help please do it. But not your mother in law.
My dear, as if u know. I tried doing things my self and d place started leaking. Dats y I don't have anything to tell those dat are saying parents shouldn't be lazy bla bla bla... Now am better I don't think any of them see my back in terms of taking good care of my baby and other house hold issues.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by byvan03: 1:34pm On May 23, 2016
Please let's maintain civility abeg.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by byvan03: 1:36pm On May 23, 2016
Ewuro4:

grin grin grin

Mom will start complaining about her weak joints every night so she won't have to wake up early to help the girls ( hubby already ironed & laid out their uniforms on their dressers so we don't need her sef) ... and when she gets up, you better get her moinmoin or akara & custard/akamu w evaporated milk ready on the table & make sure NTA news is on... na that one you wan send errand?

Before you say jack, she will tell you she wants to go to Nigeria to sign for this yeye pension again. I wonder what the pension stunt is all about, can't a family member sign on their behalf?

She can do whatever as I care less.

Old folks don't play with pension money, even if it is 5k. They do go for verification so no one can sign on their behalf. Your mum is funny grin.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by byvan03: 1:39pm On May 23, 2016
I totally agree on enjoying a good relative that is willing to help out because it's actually ideal but when such relative doesn't exist, it will be easier to tough it out than invite karashika.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Ewuro4: 2:02pm On May 23, 2016
Phew, another epistle...
Kaira333:
I have seen how mannered you are, clap for urself, inugo? I don't know why u are too sad and bittered, anyway its non of my biz. I thought u are a super woman? Y did u invite ur mil to come at first. Besides when u read try to read with understanding don't just rush and started typing like a fool. Get it right hubby suggested we invite Mil's sister instead of her. I know it's very unfair to her and it will bring serious trouble at the long run. Keep on talking trash like I said earlier its ur right OK? I know it serves me right therefore don't bother disturbing urself with dat. Nwanyi OMA inugo?

Girl I don't understand why you're trying too hard to suck me into your never ending spinning sob story, not my fûcking beeswax whom you chose to invite,

bottom line is you didn't listen to your husband who happened to know his family more than you. But your goody-two-shoes-eye-service-busy-body-self ( grin) failed to put your useless brain into good use.

My dear, MIL don't need an invitation to my home dunce, my home is open to ALL , all she needed was a freaking local flight ticket and she's (or anyone else) not obligated, she was never here 'first' as you implied , We didn't need anyone, He was enough, we are a team.... So , HELL YEAH I'm a super woman. cool

Kaira333:
who cares? Lolxxxxxxxxxxxxx sad woman

Go and feed the miserable dude that gets to spend days & nights with you. You need help with that too? Mannerless girl

People keep appealling you 'not get angry' online yet think you don't need a time out and reevaluate yourself? I hope that grandma teaches gives you the home training you failed to adhere to in your parents' house.

As for me,brrr I'm gonna bake some fresh cheese bread and make peppercorns omelette, & hot cocoa w marshmallow for my amazing fam.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Ewuro4: 2:04pm On May 23, 2016
byvan03:

Old folks don't play with pension money, even if it is 5k. They do go for verification so no one can sign on their behalf. Your mum is funny grin.

E tire me jare. She's a character grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Enoquin(f): 3:36pm On May 23, 2016
Kaira333:
What is this one saying? Sold whose mum short? In case u want to know y she couldn't make it. She is working for her pension stuff and couldn't travel outside d country OK? Please if u don't have anything to say please shut up ur dirty mouth and don't annoy urself please.

Was the emboldened insult necessary?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by cococandy(f): 3:59pm On May 23, 2016
byvan03:
Please let's maintain civility abeg.
yes Aunty smiley

That's why I like you
Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by byvan03: 4:03pm On May 23, 2016
cococandy:

yes Aunty smiley

That's why I like you

grin grin Real aunty, how your side dear?
Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by cococandy(f): 4:14pm On May 23, 2016
byvan03:

grin grin Real aunty, how your side dear?
I'm fine darl. Still dragging my lazy ass in bed.

Have to get up and go to the gym and then go to work.
Gosh why is today Monday. Why can't everyday be Saturday? cry
Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by byvan03: 4:27pm On May 23, 2016
cococandy:
I'm fine darl. Still dragging my lazy ass in bed.

Have to get up and go to the gym and then go to work.
Gosh why is today Monday. Why can't everyday be Saturday? cry

Wish the gym can fit into my schedule. I left work since 11.00 am (on code though cheesy). Lazy is cool mehn...a total luxury!

You can make everyday your Saturday nah, that one no hard grin.
Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Kaira333: 4:28pm On May 23, 2016
Ewuro4:
Phew, another epistle...

Girl I don't understand why you're trying too hard to suck me into your never ending spinning sob story, not my fûcking beeswax whom you chose to invite,

bottom line is you didn't listen to your husband who happened to know his family more than you. But your goody-two-shoes-eye-service-busy-body-self ( grin) failed to put your useless brain into good use.

My dear, MIL don't need an invitation to my home dunce, my home is open to ALL , all she needed was a freaking local flight ticket and she's (or anyone else) not obligated, she was never here 'first' as you implied , We didn't need anyone, He was enough, we are a team.... So , HELL YEAH I'm a super woman. cool

Go and feed the miserable dude that gets to spend days & nights with you. You need help with that too? Mannerless girl

People keep appealling you 'not get angry' online yet think you don't need a time out and reevaluate yourself? I hope that grandma teaches gives you the home training you failed to adhere to in your parents' house.

As for me,brrr I'm gonna bake some fresh cheese bread and make peppercorns omelette, & hot cocoa w marshmallow for my amazing fam.

Ok dear. Noted!! E pain u well well. Hahahahahahahahaha sad woman spotted grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Ewuro4: 1:08am On May 24, 2016
Kaira333:
Ok dear. Noted!! E pain u well well. Hahahahahahahahaha sad woman spotted grin

Lost cause undecided
Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Miami11: 1:25am On May 24, 2016
Ewuro4:

Lost cause undecided
Ewuro and kaira is this bickering really worthy it

Kaira go take care of baby

Ewuro it's alright to give advice and move on

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Nobody: 1:53am On May 24, 2016
Every good mother would lash out if her caring ability as a mother is questioned. I guess it is only natural. undecided

Moving on...your mother in law

I repeat tell your husband to speak to her or you will. He will choose one grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Ewuro4: 2:07am On May 24, 2016
Miami11:

Ewuro and kaira is this bickering really worthy it

Kaira go take care of baby

Ewuro it's alright to give advice and move on

Bickering with who?

You just can't stand my posts anymore eh ? grin I have that effect on people ... take your own advice and scroll past them.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Mayflowa(m): 3:04am On May 24, 2016
Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Mayflowa(m): 3:22am On May 24, 2016
To be frank, Kaira333 is too emotional about things. I think you need to calm down and read book on anger management. First of all, your mother's talk can never changed your husband. He is not a child. He recognizes your contributions. He is as perplexed as you whenever your MIL spills her misgivings. What man required the help of a woman to look fairer. It is funny you try to offer toning cream! lol. If your husband feels he has gone darker, he would handled that.

secondly, your husband is to blame. He could have shut the mum up with a small simple lie. If he had rose to your defence by saying, mummy, Kaira is trying ooo. She does this, this and that. Even the money and business you speak of, do you know if she borrowed me money to start? but his Ego will not let him lower himself before his mum in order to raise you up.

I will advise you not to even open mouth to talk to his mum. Clearly, you don't know how to communicate your feeling without trouble. Just look at how you ruined your thread because you couldn't use simple criticism to your advantage with a stranger let alone somehow you have started developing hate for. For no clear reason, you started throwing invectives about. This is absurb for a thread OP. OPs are the leaders of their thread and they guide the tone of their thread. Honestly, you have failed us here. Please buy the book I told you about. The tongue is a powerful tool. I have attached these two books for you to read. You will relate better after it. Don't overlook this. This is coming from a poster that has never insulted anyone in 6 years of being here with over 1000+ posts. Its a little character flaw but with huge consequences.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by frozenSun(m): 6:39am On May 24, 2016
Kaira333:
My dear nobi today ooo. I don de shine teeth since but it's not working out. What made me to create dis thread happened just today. Ok, After several disturbances dat her son is too dark (which no body is complaining na only her oo) dat I should go to d market and change his cream. I told hubby since am fair maybe let's be using my own cream together. He accepted only for her mum to come out today again to tell me to my face dat upon everything her son is doing for me dat I don't take care of him. My hrt is so heavy dis morning. Honestly I need to put an end to this.

that was an error. you shouldn't have gone to change his body Cream. you should have told your MIL that your hubby loves his body the way he is right now and he is perfect FOR YOU just how he is cos that is how he was when you met him.

you should learn how to throw soft diplomatic punches as well as put up defences. when she says stuff like that, do not make it seem like you are defending yourself, but make it be a defense for you and your husband.

you already know that she will always nag and complain, probably till she dies. so u better take her that way and learn how to dance with her till she gets tired of dancing.

when she says UPON ALL HE IS DOING FOR U... tell her right there in front of your husband that your husband is truly a wonderful person and God has blessed YOU BOTH and there is no way you both can repay each other for what you do for each other but thank God for sex and kisses. then kiss your husband right in front of her or hug him tight of tell him you love him right in front of her.. as watch her reaction, watch ur husbands reaction to see if he is still a mama's boy or a bold husby. shey he LOVE YOU DIE.. can he reciprocate right in front of his mother? if YES, then you have won round 2 (u won round one when u married her precious son) and she will not like to see you guys kiss again so she will have to reduce her utterances. if NO, then I wish u serious good luck with her.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Bibol(f): 7:29am On May 24, 2016
Unfortunately the OP won't like the truth but I'll give my opinion. You come across as someone who will be very difficult to correct. It's not a crime to get help from family but since your husband had already warned you, you should have just played safe and listened but you wanted to please her and that's why you are in this mess now.

Also, sorry to state the obvious but your husband is still a mummy's boy. The earlier you realise that, the better for you. He's still tied to his mum's strings and the problem now is he may already be nursing some thoughts based on all his mum's complaints. I hope that's not the case. I think you should have a sincere conversation with him, tell him how you feel about the hurtful comments and how you will appreciate him stepping up for you but if he doesn't take any action, keep praying and learn not to talk back at your MIL in a disrespectful manner. I have doubts you will be able to pull that off based on your uncouth attitude to people here but this is your problem so you have to deal with it. Be firm, diplomatic but polite. You really need wisdom but I won't advise you to keep swallowing all the things she is doing. Avoid confrontation but don't leave space for her to rain abuses on you or your family.

Your MIL is playing on your age and experience to make you feel intimidated. Don't allow it by just standing there and accepting fate, get to do stuff as much as possible for yourself around the house more often. As in don't rely on her help, you can do it my dear. We women are stronger than we think we are.

And next time, when your husband advises you about inviting her or any troublesome relative, stick with his decision. We learn everyday so take the lessons you have learnt from this situation and utilize them in the future. You can't please everyone. Take the advise already given here and do what works for your predicament.

Stay strong

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Kaira333: 7:59am On May 24, 2016
frozenSun:

that was an error. you shouldn't have gone to change his body Cream. you should have told your MIL that your hubby loves his body the way he is right now and he is perfect FOR YOU just how he is cos that is how he was when you met him.

you should learn how to throw soft diplomatic punches as well as put up defences. when she says stuff like that, do not make it seem like you are defending yourself, but make it be a defense for you and your husband.

you already know that she will always nag and complain, probably till she dies. so u better take her that way and learn how to dance with her till she gets tired of dancing.

when she says UPON ALL HE IS DOING FOR U... tell her right there in front of your husband that your husband is truly a wonderful person and God has blessed YOU BOTH and there is no way you both can repay each other for what you do for each other but thank God for sex and kisses. then kiss your husband right in front of her or hug him tight of tell him you love him right in front of her.. as watch her reaction, watch ur husbands reaction to see if he is still a mama's boy or a bold husby. shey he LOVE YOU DIE.. can he reciprocate right in front of his mother? if YES, then you have won round 2 (u won round one when u married her precious son) and she will not like to see you guys kiss again so she will have to reduce her utterances. if NO, then I wish u serious good luck with her.
lolxxxxx thanks dear. D drama tight and funny oooo. Thanks once more I appreciate
Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by frozenSun(m): 8:09am On May 24, 2016
Kaira333:
lolxxxxx thanks dear. D drama tight and funny oooo. Thanks once more I appreciate

you are welcome dear. but enjoy the piece and read it again and wear your armour. welcome your mama in law with a hug and deep breath next time u c her so she will be thrown off balance and be wary of you.

You really need to make ur husband see that his mama is killing your spirit and those words are gradually succeeding in making you run mad because such words have their psychological AFTER EFFECTS.
Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Kaira333: 8:20am On May 24, 2016
Mayflowa:
To be frank, Kaira333 is too emotional about things. I think you need to calm down and read book on anger management. First of all, your mother's talk can never changed your husband. He is not a child. He recognizes your contributions. He is as perplexed as you whenever your MIL spills her misgivings. What man required the help of a woman to look fairer. It is funny you try to offer toning cream! lol. If your husband feels he has gone darker, he would handled that.

secondly, your husband is to blame. He could have shut the mum up with a small simple lie. If he had rose to your defence by saying, mummy, Kaira is trying ooo. She does this, this and that. Even the money and business you speak of, do you know if she borrowed me money to start? but his Ego will not let him lower himself before his mum in order to raise you up.

I will advise you not to even open mouth to talk to his mum. Clearly, you don't know how to communicate your feeling without trouble. Just look at how you ruined your thread because you couldn't use simple criticism to your advantage with a stranger let alone somehow you have started developing hate for. For no clear reason, you started throwing invectives about. This is absurb for a thread OP. OPs are the leaders of their thread and they guide the tone of their thread. Honestly, you have failed us here. Please buy the book I told you about. The tongue is a powerful tool. I have attached these two books for you to read. You will relate better after it. Don't overlook this. This is coming from a poster that has never insulted anyone in 6 years of being here with over 1000+ posts. Its a little character flaw but with huge consequences.
Dear thanks so much I appreciate. As for praising me in presence of her mum, thumbs up to him. He normally tell her in my presence dat since I joined him, that his business has changed massively for good (all thanks to God) dat he was neva connected d way he is now. As for d anger stuff, Dear am not d type but I hate nonsense. How can someone jumb out from no where and was saying dat I sold short my own mum and so on, dats y she couldn't come for my omugwo. Omo I can't take dat because my mum has been everything to me b4 marriage separated us to some extent. Thanks for the books, if I see any around me I must surely go through it to learn more. Thank u.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Kaira333: 8:23am On May 24, 2016
frozenSun:

you are welcome dear. but enjoy the piece and read it again and wear your armour. welcome your mama in law with a hug and deep breath next time u c her so she will be thrown off balance and be wary of you.

You really need to make ur husband see that his mama is killing your spirit and those words are gradually succeeding in making you run mad because such words have their psychological AFTER EFFECTS.
Exactly,, God bless you.
Re: How Can I Confront My Annoying Mum- In-law by Kaira333: 8:41am On May 24, 2016
Bibol:
Unfortunately the OP won't like the truth but I'll give my opinion. You come across as someone who will be very difficult to correct. It's not a crime to get help from family but since your husband had already warned you, you should have just played safe and listened but you wanted to please her and that's why you are in this mess now.

Also, sorry to state the obvious but your husband is still a mummy's boy. The earlier you realise that, the better for you. He's still tied to his mum's strings and the problem now is he may already be nursing some thoughts based on all his mum's complaints. I hope that's not the case. I think you should have a sincere conversation with him, tell him how you feel about the hurtful comments and how you will appreciate him stepping up for you but if he doesn't take any action, keep praying and learn not to talk back at your MIL in a disrespectful manner. I have doubts you will be able to pull that off based on your uncouth attitude to people here but this is your problem so you have to deal with it. Be firm, diplomatic but polite. You really need wisdom but I won't advise you to keep swallowing all the things she is doing. Avoid confrontation but don't leave space for her to rain abuses on you or your family.

Your MIL is playing on your age and experience to make you feel intimidated. Don't allow it by just standing there and accepting fate, get to do stuff as much as possible for yourself around the house more often. As in don't rely on her help, you can do it my dear. We women are stronger than we think we are.

And next time, when your husband advises you about inviting her or any troublesome relative, stick with his decision. We learn everyday so take the lessons you have learnt from this situation and utilize them in the future. You can't please everyone. Take the advise already given here and do what works for your predicament.

Stay strong
True talk dear, like I said earlier I have learnt my lessons. remain blessed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MOGs With Swag / Women Aren't Getting The Promotion Because They Don't Want It - Bloomberg / My Husband Wants To Divorce Me Because I Am Not A Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.