Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS - Celebrities (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS (148340 Views)

Famous Celebrities From Abia / Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland / Celebrities From Ogun State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by AkaGum(m): 10:02pm On May 23, 2016
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by Scarpon(m): 11:13pm On May 23, 2016
AmericanQuarter:

Phyno is from Awka while Chika is from Ekwulobia both in Anambra State. Use your google please.
that will do

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by oboy3(m): 12:12am On May 24, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:
Wanna correct a few mistakes.
Alex Iwobi is from Delta state.
Mike Ezuruonye is from Abia state and [b[Chinyere Udoma is from Enugu state.[/b]
My fellow Igbos,remember this is thread to celebrate igbo sons and daughter of Anambra origin,it's not a thread to cause division,rancor or mock other Igbo states. Whatever we have achieved in our respective states,is for the collective advancement of the Igbo race.
Ndewo nu.
I dont know about the others but chinyere Udoma is from Nnokwa in idemili south,Anambra

Her husband is from my hometown,(Alor),alor has a common boundary with nnokwa

2 Likes

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by oboy3(m): 12:20am On May 24, 2016
Noneroone:
nobody said Alex iwuobi and Mike ezuronye are from Anambra so why the correction?

Chinyere Udoma is from Nnokwa by birth and from Alor by marriage both in idemmili south LGA in Anambra
U know Chinyere quite well,are you from Nnokwa?

Btw,I dont know if i should make a thread on Idemili celebrities and famous people the gozie okekes,tony umez,bob manuel,amaechi muonagor etc
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by asha90: 5:49am On May 24, 2016
Imo state has celebrities but it is just 1/10th of what Anambra parades. Check this thread from page 1 to see the caliber of actors and actresses we roll out from the father of the industry- Pete Edochie to the rest of the giants.

[s]
maestroferddi:
Ogun State is strong in political figures cue Awolowo, Shonekan, Obasanjo and the rest; in the area of entrepreneurs/ captains of industry, Anambra is clearly in the lead; when it comes to film, theatre and performing arts, the reference point is without question, Imo State.

Take a peep: Genevive Nnaji, Rita Dominic, Stephanie Okereke, KOK, Florence Onuma, Clems Ohameze, Emeka Ike, Sandra Achums all from Imo State. If a top 20 Nollywood Who's Who were to be conducted at any time, I am sure Imo State will provide, at least, 30% leaving the rest of Nigeria to scramble for the remaining 70%.
[/s]
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by Geogranite: 7:35am On May 24, 2016
People can be funny , if you don't know what to type here pls ignore the post. That chinyere Udoma is from Enugu. Chinyere Udoma was born in Nnokwa town, and married Alor man by name ifeanyi Udoma. We are lived together in Omagba before we relocated to GRA Onitsha. If she is from Enugu which village let me inquire, likewise phyno. We should stop confusing people here.

2 Likes

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by maestroferddi: 10:04am On May 24, 2016
asha90:
Imo state has celebrities but it is just 1/10th of what Anambra parades. Check this thread from page 1 to see the caliber of actors and actresses we roll out from the father of the industry- Pete Edochie to the rest of the giants.

[s][/s]
See this one o.

We are not talking of "waka pass" celebrities but A-listers. Just look at the list of veterans I gave you. Apart from Pete Edochie, Bob Manuel Udokwu, Ngozi Ezeonu and one or two others, which other premier actors and actresses are from Anambra?

While Pete Edochie is an accomplished thespian, may I remind you that he was a belated entrant to the global success called Nollywood. Nollywood is more or less an Imo affair from its formative years. Do we even consider the fact that Pete allowed himself to be benched in the mainstream of royal typecasting and similar characterization by Olu Jacobs that he had to resort to making unfortunate public outbursts.

Leave that thing, it is just that we are not loud in Imo state. We are not known for blowing our trumpet. Anambra peeps are successful but so are people from Imo State. The gap is infinitesimal...

2 Likes

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by asha90: 10:16am On May 24, 2016
What am even arguing with you!

The list is here already. Stop bringing Olu Jacob who is a junior to Pete just to divert attention. Pete is seen as the father and a frontline act in the industry. Post any act from Imo state that can stand Pete Edochie for instance.

The only act from Imo state of note is just KOK and Genevive others are just inconsequential lots.

When it comes to Nollywood acts, musicians and celebrities at large leave the cup to Anambra State. Have we mentioned Psquare? Emoney? Kcee? Phyno? Flavor? etc etc..I wonder if your state has such squad that can stand Anambra list. What of Oge Okoye? Chioma Chukwuka? Chukwura? Ebube Nwagbo? Queen Nwokoye? Your state is trying but it is still far behind when compared to Anambra intimidating list..

maestroferddi:
See this one o.

We are not talking of "waka pass" celebrities but A-listers. Just look at the list of veterans I gave you. Apart from Pete Edochie, Bob Manuel Udokwu, Ngozi Ezeonu and one or two others, which other premier actors and actresses are from Anambra?

While Pete Edochie is an accomplished thespian, may I remind you that he was a belated entrant to the global success called Nollywood. Nollywood is more or less an Imo affair from its formative years. Do we even consider the fact that Pete allowed himself to be benched in the mainstream of royal typecasting and similar characterization by Olu Jacobs that he had to resort to making unfortunate public outbursts.

Leave that thing, it is just that we are not loud in Imo state. We are known for blowing our trumpet. Anambra peeps are successful but so are people from Imo State. The gap is infinitesimal...
[/s]
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by Kfed4ril(m): 5:09pm On May 24, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:
Wanna correct a few mistakes.
Alex Iwobi is from Delta state.
Mike Ezuruonye is from Abia state and Chinyere Udoma is from Enugu state.
My fellow Igbos,remember this is thread to celebrate igbo sons and daughter of Anambra origin,it's not a thread to cause division,rancor or mock other Igbo states. Whatever we have achieved in our respective states,is for the collective advancement of the Igbo race.
Ndewo nu.

U are the only reasonable person on this thread
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by maestroferddi: 7:53pm On May 24, 2016
asha90:
What am even arguing with you!

The list is here already. Stop bringing Olu Jacob who is a junior to Pete just to divert attention. Pete is seen as the father and a frontline act in the industry. Post any act from Imo state that can stand Pete Edochie for instance.

The only act from Imo state of note is just KOK and Genevive others are just inconsequential lots.

When it comes to Nollywood acts, musicians and celebrities at large leave the cup to Anambra State. Have we mentioned Psquare? Emoney? Kcee? Phyno? Flavor? etc etc..I wonder if your state has such squad that can stand Anambra list. What of Oge Okoye? Chioma Chukwuka? Chukwura? Ebube Nwagbo? Queen Nwokoye? Your state is trying but it is still far behind when compared to Anambra intimidating list..

[/s]
How old are you?

So Rita Dominic, Stephanie Okereke, Clems Ohameze, Emeka Ike, St Obi, Florence Onuma are from your village?

We are talking of veterans and trailblazers and you are talking of actors and actresses in the grade of Benedict Johnson, Uche Odoputa, Dede One Day, Victor Osuagwu, Chiegene Alisigwe, Sandra Achums etc.

I still put it to you that Olu Jacobs has long stolen Pete Edochie's thunder in landing key roles even in Igbo plots! BTW the three frontline acts/icons of Nollywood are Genevive Nnaji, Omotola Jolade Ekeinde while the third slot should be determined from any of Pete Edochie, Olu Jacobs,Alex Usifo and KOK.

Popular as the P-Square duo are but can they hold a candle in terms of impact and cultural significance to any of Onyeka Onwenu, Charly Boy or even Alex O, the musical art that made the rest of the world pause and take notice of African hip-hop?

Imo State my guy is the land of performing arts: it is in the blood. Anambra State is a giant in their own right but it is insulting to suggest that Imo state pales in comparison...

1 Like

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by asha90: 8:16pm On May 24, 2016
I don't know why you are wasting your time here. The list is here already, look at it and tell me if imo is anywhere near Anambra when it comes to human capital from academia to entertainment etc. Anambra completely trounced imo state.

Infact there is no basis for comparison. All those guys you mentioned are too junior to stand where the likes of Bob Manuel, Mokeme etc are standing. Can you imagine, he is busy mentioning Dede One day, Osuagwu etc what an insult.

Who is Charley boy to compare him to Psquare in wealth and popularity across the world? Lol! Who is Onwenu to compare her to Nelly Uchendu? Charley boy is a pure local champion that keeps seeking for attention. Lol.

What about Phyno, Emoney, Kcee, Flavor etc, do you have their equivalents imo state? Lol

Olu Jacob is a toy where Pete is. In fact Pete Edochie is the father of Nollywood. You can't bench your father. Go and watch Nollywood movies channels, TRACE and MTV to cure your ignorance.

I have told you that imo state is still learning where Anambra is. Go through this thread and be sincere to yourself for once. Anambra does not drag human capital with anyone.

[s]
maestroferddi:
How old are you?

So Rita Dominic, Stephanie Okereke, Clems Ohameze, Emeka Ike, St Obi, Florence Onuma are from your village?

We are talking of veterans and trailblazers and you are talking of actors and actresses in the grade of Benedict Johnson, Uche Odoputa, Dede One Day, Victor Osuagwu, Chiegene Alisigwe, Sandra Achums etc.

I still put it to you that Olu Jacobs has long stolen Pete Edochie's thunder in landing key roles even in Igbo plots! BTW the three frontline acts/icons of Nollywood are Genevive Nnaji, Omotola Jolade Ekeinde while the third slot should be determined from any of Pete Edochie, Olu Jacobs,Alex Usifo and KOK.

Popular as the P-Square duo are but can they hold a candle in terms of impact and cultural significance to any of Onyeka Onwenu, Charly Boy or even Alex O, the musical art that made the rest of the world pause and take notice of African hip-hop?

Imo State my guy is the land of performing arts: it is in the blood. Anambra State is a giant in their own right but it is insulting to suggest that Imo state pales in comparison...

[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by classicada(f): 8:19pm On May 24, 2016
Ex Miss Nigeria"11
Sylvia Nduka Is From Isuofia, Aguata LGA Anambra State

1 Like

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by Reeberry: 2:33am On May 25, 2016
See Anambrans invaded the thread.
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by Themandator: 3:47am On May 25, 2016
slysteel:
lemar is from udi in enugu not anambra.

I heard about him as a Nigerian when late Stella Obasanjo brought him to perform. NTA specifically stated that he is from Onitsha
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by maestroferddi: 8:04am On May 25, 2016
asha90:
I don't know why you are wasting your time here. The list is here already, look at it and tell me if imo is anywhere near Anambra when it comes to human capital from academia to entertainment etc. Anambra completely trounced imo state.

Infact there is no basis for comparison. All those guys you mentioned are too junior to stand where the likes of Bob Manuel, Mokeme etc are standing. Can you imagine, he is busy mentioning Dede One day, Osuagwu etc what an insult.

Who is Charley boy to compare him to Psquare in wealth and popularity across the world? Lol! Who is Onwenu to compare her to Nelly Uchendu? Charley boy is a pure local champion that keeps seeking for attention. Lol.

What about Phyno, Emoney, Kcee, Flavor etc, do you have their equivalents imo state? Lol

Olu Jacob is a toy where Pete is. In fact Pete Edochie is the father of Nollywood. You can't bench your father. Go and watch Nollywood movies channels, TRACE and MTV to cure your ignorance.

I have told you that imo state is still learning where Anambra is. Go through this thread and be sincere to yourself for once. Anambra does not drag human capital with anyone.

[s][/s]
Oga, are you a joker or what?

Anambra might outperform Imo State in some areas of human endeavour but you see in acting, we are the clear leaders. It is just that people from Imo State are naturally humble and self-effacing.

Apart from Jim Iyke, Pete Edochie, Bob Manuel and possibly Ngozi Ezeonu, which actor from Anambra can measure up to a veteran actor like Francis Duru from Imo State. Francis has been one of the most prolific and evergreen actors since the inception of Nollywood.

In music, in case you dont know, Chidinma, Naeto C, IllBliss, Samclef and so many others you dont know are Imo sons and daughters. When people from Imo State were doing pioneering works in pop and hip-hop, Anambra peeps were restricted to high life music. We had Tony Okoroji and Alex O when Osadebey and Oliver De Coque were the standard bearers in Anambra.

Comparing Nelly Uchendu to Onyeka Onwenu is like comparing Morocco Maduka to Sunny Ade. Nelly was a gifted musician but she is never in the class of Onyeka. Onyeka Onwenu is easily Nigeria's greatest musician of all time trumping the likes of Evi Edna Ogoli and Christy Essien Igbokwe. Nelly is hardly known outside Igboland while Onyeka with more than four decades of industry relevance is a national figure.

Stephanie Okereke is so good that she is probably the only Nigerian thespian to make the breakout from Nollywood to Hollywood. So leave it at that...
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by asha90: 8:32am On May 25, 2016
Stop blabbing.

In academia, movies/acting, singing etc Anambra trounced Imo state by far. There is no point about that. Go through this thread from page 1 down and go through similar thread for imo state and compare.

The greatest highest kings (Oliver and Osadebey) are all from Anambra. The greatest hip-hop singers in Nigeria and Africa at large are all from Anambra. There is no basis for comparison.

Anambra has 30% of celebrities in Nigeria. #FACT!

[s]
maestroferddi:
Oga, are you a joker or what?

Anambra might outperform Imo State in some areas of human endeavour but you see in acting, we are the clear leaders. It is just that people from Imo State are naturally humble and self-effacing.

Apart from Jim Iyke, Pete Edochie, Bob Manuel and possibly Ngozi Ezeonu, which actor from Anambra can measure up to a veteran actor like Francis Duru from Imo State. Francis has been one of the most prolific and evergreen actors since the inception of Nollywood.

In music, in case you dont know, Chidinma, Naeto C, IllBliss, Samclef and so many others you dont know are Imo sons and daughters. When people from Imo State were doing pioneering works in pop and hip-hop, Anambra peeps were restricted to high life music. We had Tony Okoroji and Alex O when Osadebey and Oliver De Coque were the standard bearers in Anambra.

Comparing Nelly Uchendu to Onyeka Onwenu is like comparing Morocco Maduka to Sunny Ade. Nelly was a gifted musician but she is never in the class of Onyeka. Onyeka Onwenu is easily Nigeria's greatest musician of all time trumping the likes of Evi Edna Ogoli and Christy Essien Igbokwe. Nelly is hardly known outside Igboland while Onyeka with more than four decades of industry relevance is a national figure.

Stephanie Okereke is so good that she is probably the only Nigerian thespian to make the breakout from Nollywood to Hollywood. So leave it at that...
[/s]
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by Amberon11: 7:30am On May 28, 2016
ok
Adaure4ever:
which Delta? Who born delta?
Anambra is far ahead of delta state in all positive classifications.
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by igboboy3(m): 11:01pm On May 28, 2016
Baroba:

That's a mature comment, not the disparaging comment on Enugu dialect made by someone on this thread, you are correct bro.. My mum is from Ngwo, she is well educated and proud of her dialect..

A little history, back in the day Enugu (042, Capital) was seen as a town full of cultured and educated people irrespective of state of origin, it was more of an administrative capital full of civil servants , Students, yuppies, guy men with no money but a na adoga and small to medium businesses owners. Around mid nineties to early 2000, a lot of business men and women both legit and illegal started investing in hotels and the hospitality sector( joints, ebe a na aku), remember O' Neil, Polo, Mcdavos, bubbles, Hobbies, Nourisha ( there meatpie na die back then grin)etc even old warhorse Presidential hotel had a make shift club to tap into this booming sector.. With the proliferation of these joints and hotels plus the serene calm and peaceful nature of Enugu,
Traders,Businessmen, ndi na acho ebe a na akacatch fun, found Coal City a worthy place to escape the hustle and bustle of commercial towns such as Nnewi, Onitsha, Obosi on weekends.These guys came with what Enugu folks use to call ndi omata slangs, Omatas are seen as loud mouthed, uncouth, uneducated money miss road.. Girls are not happy to show them off but these guys are loaded and had no problem collecting your babe if you no sharp.. Then you will hear slangs such as, nna, one omata guy gbaji m aka meaning, " a rich trader don collect my bae" grin.. There slangs started becoming popular and was spreading faster than you can imagine among young people, you hear them in Campus halls especially in Esut and IMT, UNN was still fighting hard to keep there fake funne, but it wasnt long before they were equally swept off by this huge Tsunami that was Omateeee slangs..Back then you will hear phrases such as " gbalu ogwu nwuo, ifea last bus stop, Nwanne analie m, Nwanne parkia, friends asking you for a drink at a bar will say " Nwanne kpuo m isI akpulu Albert".. Girls are no longer babes, Enugu folks even started using the same slang which was considered derogatory or not classy to describe girls..e.g Nwa mbo, akwa nwa, akwa baby, umu, Nwa, so nwa, egovin, udala to recent one such as pino pino ,nnunu. The moment young musicians from ogbes such Achara Layout, Abakpa, Uwani, Ogui started infusing these slangs into their songs mixed with slangs coined and made in Enugu,the rest is history.. Raw, Flavour, even to current guys like Zoro and Phyno for me are the ones driving this whole trend. Zoro's current hit Ogene is typical of what's happening right now, a combination of Enugu dialect and bits from Anambra. You can even hear it when listening to Stormrex or some of Flavours songs..

If i see an Enugu guy man talking, whether in NY or London , i will know immediately..
These are my experience , from Ogui as a kid to Trans Ekulu i lived through it, i dont claim it to be gospel by the way.. Udo

Slow dog, Flavour, Phyno, Selebobo Didi nna men are all from Anambra, Zoro is from Agwu, Stormrex Ezeagu.. Enugu been an old colonial capital, former An am bra before states were carved out was a melting point, and is still is, for Igbos from different states, then you get Hausas, Delta folks, middle belt and small Yoruba population ( na them sow trado wear pass for Owerri road) Huge deposits of Coal meant lots of families moved to Enugu to work from other regions back them, there were no states back then, listen to Onuigbo by Late Osadebe, he told a story of Onuigbo, a man who went to mine coal in Enugu and no one knew what happened to him.. Anyway, apart from the hausas all of them mingle and see themselves as ndi 042.. I know a lot of Imo people that have lived all their lives in Enugu ( ndi ala wu otu) but hardly go to there villas, we usually give them house keys when we go for Xmas hols.. The see themselves as full 042 peeps and nothing more..Good times..

With regards to the topic, I have a healthy respect for Anambra folks, they sure have there sheer number of people na eme ofuma just like every where else..

This is some deep history mehn. cheesy cheesy
You really grew up in Enugu
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by fullblast(m): 11:25am On Jun 01, 2016
munaluv:
Proudly ANAMBARIAN

Happy birthday as you celebrate God's love over ur life, Muna
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by bigfrancis21: 7:17am On Jul 11, 2016
Beowulf:

Bro you are 100% right!! That is why most of us from 042 actually understand Phyno and Flavour cause all their slang are 042 slang we all grew up to meet in Enugu. If you grew up on the streets of Ogui, Abakpa, Obiagu, Afia 9, Achara Layout, Nike, Uwani, Coal Camp, Asata, Emene you will know what I am talking about.

Most of us that grew up in Enugu have distinct Enugu urban dialect of Igbo. It is not Anambra at all. It is a fusion of different Enugu dialects especially Ngwo and the wider Udi, Nkana, Ezeagu cause people from the places make up most of the Enugu urban population and their dialects now fuse with us that were not from Enugu but taught our own dialects at home!

042! I rep 042 like crazy any day! Just like many Anambrarians born or who lived in Enugu, we are from Anambra but rep the city of 042. I'm from Anambra and my mom is from Enugu - A bu m nwa agaba n'Enugu state. My 2 legs are spread across both states. As at the time of my parents' marriage, Enugu was still part of Anambra state and it was an 'Anambra' wedding then. I still remember reading their wedding card. A year after, Enugu was split from Anambra state.

My maternal cousins live right at Afia 9, and I went to UNN Nsukka. I'm currently in the US now and I enjoyed every bit of my time at Enugu and Enugu is the one place I would settle in had I been in Nigeria.
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by bigfrancis21: 7:22am On Jul 11, 2016
NRIPRIEST:

Correct Anambra pikin...Enugu Ukwu.

Osi Umenyiora is from Enugwu-Ukwu?
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by bigfrancis21: 7:46am On Jul 11, 2016
Scarpon:
that will do

My dear, read the image you posted again. Wikipedia confirms Phyno was born in Enugu but he is actually from Anambra state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by Jozze: 8:07pm On Mar 10, 2017
Is the schoal well organised or not if orgainsed hw are we sure is not 419Is the schoal well organised or not if orgainsed hw are we sure is not 419Is the schoal well organised or not if orgainsed hw are we sure is not 419
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by BeijinDossier: 1:11pm On Aug 14, 2018
This is the exploits of Emeagwali, show us the exploits of your faceless echeruo. cheesy

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by BeijinDossier: 1:18pm On Aug 14, 2018
With all your fake educational exploits, your state is yet to produce anyone of Chimamanda status. Anambra is ahead of you. cheesy

Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by BeijinDossier: 1:19pm On Aug 14, 2018
I am waiting for your replies in all that I have loaded here already. cheesy
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by cally10(m): 3:02pm On Sep 07, 2018
Bro thanks for the information,proudly Anambrarian, but you failed to mention some people like sir chief Emmanuel Nwakamma(CEO OF APPLE AND OZONE COSMETICS) Chief Francis Nwakamma (CEO OF PETALS AND BEVA COSMETICS) Mrs Adaora Umeoji ( Executive director of zenith bank ) the highest woman in the banking industry in Nigeria, Ekulo groups (makers of Eva soap ) and so on
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by Nature8(m): 8:21pm On Dec 02, 2018
AmericanQuarter:
Anambra arguably has the highest number of celebrities in Nigeria. When I say celebrities, I mean the top of the class celebrities of which Anambra leads the rest of Nigeria. I may be wrong or right if I say that Anambra produced well over 30% of celebrities in Nigeria. I will be uploading their dossier with pictures as we go on.

Proud Anambrarian cheesy
Re: Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS by superlightning: 9:32am On Jan 09, 2021
Ilovemystate:
international supermodel Oluchi Onweagba

(born August 1, 1982) is a model. who grew up in the suburbs of Lagos, Nigeria with her two brothers and sisters. She is the daughter of a civil servant father and mother who was a nurse. When Onweagba was 16 years old, she won the “Face Of Africa” contest. In August 2005, she married her longtime companion, Italian fashion designer Luca Orlandi. Onweagba’s first name comes from the Igbo language and means “God’s Work”.
She was urged by a family friend to enter into the M-Net “Face of Africa” preliminary screening at the M-Net office in Victoria Island, Lagos. The agency groomed her to be one of Nigeria’s entrants for the 1998 competition (now called the Nokia Face of Africa). This despite the fact that, growing up, she had maintained a relative ignorance towards fashion and modeling, but with the support of her family and friends, she decided to compete in the inaugural edition of the Face of Africa in 1998. This was the first-ever continent-wide model competition, organized by the South African channel M-Net in collaboration with Elite Model Management. She won the competition. She was just seventeen years old. Elite Model Management awarded Onweagba a three-year modeling contract.
After moving to New York City, where she still lives, Onweagba graced the covers of Italian Vogue, i-D, ELLE, Untold, and Surface; she also was featured in Nylon, Marie Claire, Allure, and other national editions of Vogue around the world. She became the face of campaigns for Gianfranco Ferré, Gap, Express, Banana Republic, and Ann Taylor, as well as working for Victoria’s Secret. Onweagba’s runway experience has been with John Galliano, Christian Dior, Costume National, Chanel, and Giorgio Armani, amongst others, in London, Milan, Tokyo and Paris. She has worked with such notable photographers as Steven Meisel, Nick Knight, and Patrick Demarchelier.

Oluchi Onweagba-Orlandi is from ISIUKWUATO, ABIA STATE.

Please Leave Abians alone biko.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Stephanie Okereke Vs. Genevieve Nnaji / Meet Onyi Adaba, Ken Erics Wife & More Photos From Their Traditional Wedding / Breaking News: Tuface Idibia Is Dead (Rumour)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.