Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media (41369 Views)

Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) / 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now / See Why You Should Stop Putting Your Phones On A Bed While Charging (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by CaptainEColeJnr: 7:48pm On May 21, 2016
Hello Nairalanders!
As we all know, we're in the 21st century, and technology has really made life easy and sweet and it has also connected the world together irrespective of distance or language barrier.
Social Media has really played a vital role in Communication and making the world a "Global Village".
But despite being so useful and enjoyable, there is a need we apply restraints when using Social Media .. at least for our own good. There are certain things we mustn't do on Social Media. Excerpts below :
1.Thanking A girl/boy for accepting your friend request : This is peculiar to Facebook, like seriously? do you really have to thank him/her for accepting your request? That only makes you look childish and desperate as if you were begging him/her before. Its definitely not smart!
2.Overusing hashtags : You see someone who posted a comment on Facebook or twitter and at the end of the comment you see stuffs like #21May #WeLoveU #LetsKeepitrolling .. come-on bro! do you really need to write that many hashtags? That will only look childish and make the post look so annoying to read. #Fact (I just used one grin)
3.Asking people to follow you back : Why must you make yourself look so desperate? Why not create a little self pride at least! Asking people to follow you back will just make you look more or less like a roadside beggar begging for some little change!
4. Asking for a lady's nude pictures :Most guys are guilty of this, you strike up a conversation with a girl on Facebook, and after chitchatting and getting on well with her,then you suddenly demand for her nude.s, come-on bros! You are only showing her that you're pervert who is only after sex, Be a gentleman!
5. Plagiarism :When you see an inspirational post or a funny tweet or a unique photo,and you feel the need to show your friends and followers,then you must at least give credit to the owner or original writer of the content.. but reverse seems to be the case,people on social media copy and paste contents and parade it as though they were the original writer.. and that is not good! Plagiarism is a serious offence in most countries, I dunno about Nigeria
6. Posting the same content over and over again : There's this annoying guy that I have in my Facebook, he keeps posting one particular picture over and over again, I dunno really know why he does that ,perhaps because he wore a nice suit in the photo.. I got so tired of seeing the photo.. and the funny thing is that he hardly even get one 'like' .. lol.. why post the same old thing over again, it ain't cool.
7. Posting revealing photos : This goes to mostly the girls,why must you go half-naked on social media just because you wanna get likes and comments.. silly comments like "you're hot" "dope bae" "sexy momma" .. not knowing that you're giving the impression that you're an "olosho" .. Real talk!
Decency pays, you know cool
8. Sharing your home address : Hehehe .. I was going through one of my Guy's. Facebook profile, then I saw "17B Olusanya street,Maryland".. I was like WTF!!! .Who asked you to share such a personal info? Are you running an office in your house? C'mon dude!
9. Constantly bragging about yourself : Some people are so good at show-offs on social media, especially those who are broke-asses in real life.. Must you snap in front of a mirror just to show us your new phone? .. you're definitely not the first to buy such phone sef undecided .. you mustn't show us your new Timberland or your new wristwatches.. niggah keep it to yourself .. no one asked you to show us.. duurrh!
Lets be real!
Getting into arguments : Lol .. I used to be guilty of this before
. but I realised that there's absolutely no point in getting into arguments with anyone on social media.. cuz people aren't always the way you see them on social media, they might be different you know! .. Why not just ignore if someone tries to pick a fight.. in real sense,that makes you look cool and the person dumb! hehehe

I rest my fingers at this moment, Like some people will always say, "Do not take anything on social media too serious .. they might be joking. lol..

Original writer: Me

104 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by oluwafreshkid(m): 8:13pm On May 21, 2016
Spectranet

Modified:

I know it won't let me down...

Back to the topic; we must have troll for Internet and social media to be an interesting community

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 21, 2016
True. People seriously need to stop these things.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by Darkseid(m): 8:25pm On May 21, 2016
Just in case.
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by CaptainEColeJnr: 8:34pm On May 21, 2016
oluwafreshkid:
Spectranet
what about spectranet?
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by CaptainEColeJnr: 8:36pm On May 21, 2016
juhan:
True. People seriously need to stop these things.
yeah..dear thanks

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by allytinted: 8:50pm On May 21, 2016
nice one OP....
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by CaptainEColeJnr: 9:20pm On May 21, 2016
allytinted:
nice one OP....
thanks bro

cc lalasticlala
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by sorextee(m): 9:30pm On May 21, 2016
D one dat annoys me d most, u see guys forming Street in the hood, but will be thanking a small girl for accepting his friend request.. That one Is extremely annoying..
The issue of plagiarism, well, dat one cannot stop.. Most times, pple steal my posts on fb, and paste on their wall. I don't really care about that anyway.. Although, if I want to use ur write-up, I would seek ur permission first.. Then edit it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by Youngpo413: 9:40pm On May 21, 2016
Thanks to Oasis Feng.
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by kesikeller(m): 9:50pm On May 21, 2016
@op what's d fun of social media if you stop all those things?

18 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by kingDELE(m): 10:11pm On May 21, 2016
Asin ehn, d wea some pple dey beg 4 follow back, u go think say money dey involve

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by omanifrank(m): 10:17pm On May 21, 2016
ok o
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by firstolalekan(m): 10:18pm On May 21, 2016
Dedicating this thread to all those mofos on nairaland

They see that a topic has hit front page since yesterday, the mumus will still create another copy of it.... angry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by titiakins: 10:19pm On May 21, 2016
If we don't do these things don't you think the Internet will be a boring place to be?

I agree with some things on the list sha

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by boman2014: 10:19pm On May 21, 2016
pretty kool
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by Olukokosir(m): 10:20pm On May 21, 2016
K
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 10:20pm On May 21, 2016
Complaining of everything u see on NL FP;
snake,tonto,cossy,buhari,ip0b,FFK,Tecno,blog e.t.c.

My Alobam! That is why ur phne have Scrolling Tab.

If e pain u Scroll Over!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by Wuuworld(m): 10:20pm On May 21, 2016
STALE!!!
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by nbright: 10:20pm On May 21, 2016
Thank Chineke I no see stop abusing/insulting the presidiot.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by shamsuRana(m): 10:21pm On May 21, 2016
wink

Ohk..

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by SmithHumble50: 10:21pm On May 21, 2016
Abegs tell dem..

I hate that Thanking u for accepting me undecided
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by VocalWalls: 10:21pm On May 21, 2016
The plagiarism can be so annoying.
You'll read a funny post somewhere and a few minutes later, everyone's pasting the same thing.
www.vocalwalls.com
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by banme1(m): 10:22pm On May 21, 2016
Op u just copied my stuff and paste here.
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 21, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
Hello Nairalanders!
As we all know, we're in the 21st century, and technology has really made life easy and sweet and it has also connected the world together irrespective of distance or language barrier.
Social Media has really played a vital role in Communication and making the world a "Global Village".
But despite being so useful and enjoyable, there is a need we apply restraints when using Social Media .. at least for our own good. There are certain things we mustn't do on Social Media. Excerpts below :
1.Thanking A girl/boy for accepting your friend request : This is peculiar to Facebook, like seriously? do you really have to thank him/her for accepting your request? That only makes you look childish and desperate as if you were begging him/her before. Its definitely not smart!
2.Overusing hashtags : You see someone who posted a comment on Facebook or twitter and at the end of the comment you see stuffs like #21May #WeLoveU #LetsKeepitrolling .. come-on bro! do you really need to write that many hashtags? That will only look childish and make the post look so annoying to read. #Fact (I just used one grin)
3.Asking people to follow you back : Why must you make yourself look so desperate? Why not create a little self pride at least! Asking people to follow you back will just make you look more or less like a roadside beggar begging for some little change!
4. Asking for a lady's nude pictures :Most guys are guilty of this, you strike up a conversation with a girl on Facebook, and after chitchatting and getting on well with her,then you suddenly demand for her nude.s, come-on bros! You are only showing her that you're pervert who is only after sex, Be a gentleman!
5. Plagiarism :When you see an inspirational post or a funny tweet or a unique photo,and you feel the need to show your friends and followers,then you must at least give credit to the owner or original writer of the content.. but reverse seems to be the case,people on social media copy and paste contents and parade it as though they were the original writer.. and that is not good! Plagiarism is a serious offence in most countries, I dunno about Nigeria
6. Posting the same content over and over again : There's this annoying guy that I have in my Facebook, he keeps posting one particular picture over and over again, I dunno really know why he does that ,perhaps because he wore a nice suit in the photo.. I got so tired of seeing the photo.. and the funny thing is that he hardly even get one 'like' .. lol.. why post the same old thing over again, it ain't cool.
7. Posting revealing photos : This goes to mostly the girls,why must you go half-naked on social media just because you wanna get likes and comments.. silly comments like "you're hot" "dope bae" "sexy momma" .. not knowing that you're giving the impression that you're an "olosho" .. Real talk!
Decency pays, you know cool
8. Sharing your home address : Hehehe .. I was going through one of my Guy's. Facebook profile, then I saw "17B Olusanya street,Maryland".. I was like WTF!!! .Who asked you to share such a personal info? Are you running an office in your house? C'mon dude!
9. Constantly bragging about yourself : Some people are so good at show-offs on social media, especially those who are broke-asses in real life.. Must you snap in front of a mirror just to show us your new phone? .. you're definitely not the first to buy such phone sef undecided .. you mustn't show us your new Timberland or your new wristwatches.. niggah keep it to yourself .. no one asked you to show us.. duurrh!
Lets be real!
Getting into arguments : Lol .. I used to be guilty of this before
. but I realised that there's absolutely no point in getting into arguments with anyone on social media.. cuz people aren't always the way you see them on social media, they might be different you know! .. Why not just ignore if someone tries to pick a fight.. in real sense,that makes you look cool and the person dumb! hehehe

I rest my fingers at this moment, Like some people will always say, "Do not take anything on social media too serious .. they might be joking. lol..

Original writer: Me
you are pointless here thr is nothing bad in askin for a follow bak

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by DuchessGloriana(f): 10:22pm On May 21, 2016
nairalanders really needs this
its more common on Facebook though

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by drrid(m): 10:23pm On May 21, 2016
Thanks for accepting my friend request, lol

I no get time for Dat nonsense

He or she to thank God that I sent him friend request

Team #no time to waist time
Hustler

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by logicalhumour: 10:23pm On May 21, 2016

Wow...ive learnt something...I will never do those again!

#Repainted #Noted #No-More-TooMany-hashTags--Sad #thanks #Nairaland #Need2Sleep #But-I-Need-to-poo-First #Finished-pooing-It-Was-GREAT #Like-or-follow-My-Sh*t #Follow-My-Pet-On-Twitter #Ok-Ill-sleepNow #laterThings

Oh oh oh...before i forget. Friends as soon as I wake up i'll post something inspirational...endaavour to like it and invite your friends to do so too!

#CaptainEColeJnr #ThatsAll4Now

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by mrlaw93(m): 10:23pm On May 21, 2016
k
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by 0955eb027(m): 10:24pm On May 21, 2016
Firs
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by gerrardomendes(m): 10:24pm On May 21, 2016
tagging people in stupid posts

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MTN, 9mobile, Airtel And Glo Important Service Codes You Should Know / How New Whatsapp Policy Threatens Security Of Nigerians And Other Alternatives / Why Do People Buy & Sell Old Social Media Accounts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.