Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,847 members, 7,802,707 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

We’re Ready For Burundi – Amuneke - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We’re Ready For Burundi – Amuneke (573 Views)

Emmanuel Amuneke Appointed Coach Of Tanzania / Emmanuel Amuneke Appointed As Coach Of Al Khartoum Watani, Sudanese Club / Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We’re Ready For Burundi – Amuneke by sabacity(m): 8:48pm On May 21, 2016
Flying Eagles coach, Emmanuel Amuneke, has said he is optimistic of victory in Saturday’s first leg Zambia 2017 CAF Under-20 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Burundi in Bujumbura. Nigeria won their seventh African title without losing a match in the competition in Senegal last year. Amuneke, who has named 15 members of the Chile 2015 FIFA Under-17 World Cup winning side for today’s game, declared the readiness of his players for the clash. “We have prepared and have been working pretty hard for the match against Burundi. The players know what is expected of them and collectively as a team. We are looking forward to the match with optimism,” Amuneke told Cafonline. “Individually and collectively, we are doing everything in order to be on the same page and when we get to Burundi, we are going to give a very good account of ourselves as a team.” Burundi qualified for the second round of the qualifiers after the withdrawal of DR Congo from the first round qualifiers while the Flying Eagles got a bye from the first round. Nigeria will bank on Chile 2015 highest scorer, Victor Osimhen, tournament’s Golden Ball winner Kelechi Nwakali and Bronze Shoe winner, Samuel Chukwueze for victory in Bujumbura. Amuneke, who won bronze at the 1991 All Africa Games in Egypt, added, “I’m not under any pressure but our business now is qualification for the tournament in Zambia. I’m not going to discuss what I know about Burundi here but what I know is that we are going to face a formidable team; and I’m confident we would be ready to play them in their home and when they come for the return match. “Though there are factors like high altitude as well as the timing of the match to deal with, our players are psychologically ready for these challenges.” Despite reports that Osimhen, who suffered a shoulder injury in their warm-up match against the national Under-23 team last week, may not be fit for the clash, Amuneke said he was not relying solely on the Wolfsburg-bound player for goals. “Victor is fine but this team is not only about Osimhen. We are not only looking up to Osimhen against Burundi. If he’s not available, there would be somebody to take his place. I don’t depend on only one or two players. We are building a team that can play collectively. Osimhen is important to our team but we have other important players in the team as well,” he concluded. The return leg will take place on the weekend of June 10-12, with the winners advancing to the final round of the qualifiers that will give birth to seven teams to join hosts Zambia for the final tournament from February 26 to March 12, 2017.
http://punchng.com/were-ready-for-burundi-amuneke/

Re: We’re Ready For Burundi – Amuneke by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 21, 2016
too late. I have given up on the eagles sad
Re: We’re Ready For Burundi – Amuneke by sabacity(m): 9:13pm On May 21, 2016
EroticAngelina:
too late. I have given up on the eagles sad

They are subjected to change as well....,let hope they don't disappoint us....

(1) (Reply)

BIG WIN On Nairabet Last Weekend... / Cristiano Ronaldo Throws Reporter's Microphone Into A LAKE! / Chierika Ukogu: First Nigerian Rower At The Olympics 5 Things You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.