Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment (2242 Views)

Cost Of Constructing A Mini Swimming Pool / Dairy Of My 3 Bedrooms Flat( All En-suit) / Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by jaro4u(m): 10:55pm On May 21, 2016
Good day guys. This is my first post EVER! I am in the process of purchasing a plot of land at one of those estates in Simawa.
Since it's installmental payment,I should be through by early next year. I would like you expertise in helping me speculate how much
a common man like me needs to have to complete a 4 bedroom (all en-suited), from foundation level all the way to plastering and painting.

N.B.
I am a complete novice in this housing stuff
Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by agarawu23(m): 4:21am On May 22, 2016
jaro4u:
Good day guys. This is my first post EVER! I am in the process of purchasing a plot of land at one of those estates in Simawa.
Since it's installmental payment,I should be through by early next year. I would like you expertise in helping me speculate how much
a common man like me needs to have to complete a 4 bedroom (all en-suited), from foundation level all the way to plastering and painting.

N.B.
I am a complete novice in this housing stuff
Oga, don't be scared about the exact amount that will build u the house. If you have a stable source of income you are free to go.

I might tell you 3-4m and you wont be able to sleep at night grin

Get your land first and start it with the little u have.

2 Likes

Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by jaro4u(m): 5:48am On May 22, 2016
Thanx @agarawu23. Much appreciate. Will keep the lamp of optimism burning.

1 Like

Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by agarawu23(m): 6:13am On May 22, 2016
jaro4u:
Thanx @agaraw u23. Much appreciate. Will keep the lamp of optimism burning.
well come sir!,

Do tag me along when you are about to start your project.

1 Like

Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by KolaShangOne(m): 3:55pm On May 22, 2016
It's all about taste. It's also good to tailor your taste to your budget if you get what I mean
Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by jaro4u(m): 4:35pm On May 22, 2016
KolaShangOne:
It's all about taste. It's also good to tailor your taste to your budget if you get what I mean

I totally agree with u. I believe in being as comfortable as I can, irrespective of the situation. I've always wished for a home that is both luxurious and cozy. With all necessities for a normal family house for a wife and 3 kids (just have a kid at the moment).
Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by twinskenny(m): 5:24pm On May 22, 2016
jaro4u:

I totally agree with u. I believe in being as comfortable as I can, irrespective of the situation. I've always wished for a home that is both luxurious and cozy. With all necessities for a normal family house for a wife and 3 kids (just have a kid at the moment).

I hope you make diligent research before purchasing the land from the estate.

good luck sir
Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by smiley001(m): 6:18pm On May 22, 2016
Follow nairaland property section keenly... If this is done intermittently and later thoroughly, you would be able to judge by yourself what you think will finish your taste cost - wise.

Why I said nairaland property section is: All you need to build the house till you are handed the keys are here at affordable rates.

-You can get the Simawa land on here or even a better one at a good deal.

-You can get a good Architect also here.

-A good quantity surveyor.

-A good civil/structural engineer

-A good builder etc.

Almost everything or everyone you need for the Build, you get 'em here.

Wish you the best.
Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by johnson232: 7:46pm On May 22, 2016
agarawu23:
Oga, don't be scared about the exact amount that will build u the house. If you have a stable source of income you are free to go.

I might tell you 3-4m and you wont be able to sleep at night grin

Get your land first and start it with the little u have.
sir that amount cant complete a four bedroom bungalow all ensuit..

1 Like

Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by agarawu23(m): 8:11pm On May 22, 2016
johnson232:

sir that amount cant complete a four bedroom bungalow all ensuit..
i used it as an example.

1 Like

Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 22, 2016
jaro4u Please what agent handled your Shirmawa land deal an d just take your house jeje take things slowly as far as you have got your land, that's the most important thing and another thing you need a very supportive and loving wife to encourage you on this project. Start the journey well my brother.

1 Like

Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by maggdon(m): 8:21pm On May 22, 2016
it all depend on ur taste nd how much u re willing to spend.. d first tin is to ve a clear picture of wat u want nd never hold back on quality.. with good budget planning and very good engineer ur house will stand
Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by jaro4u(m): 9:33pm On May 22, 2016
dumo1:
jaro4u Please what agent handled your Shirmawa land deal an d just take your house jeje take things slowly as far as you have got your land, that's the most important thing and another thing you need a very supportive and loving wife to encourage you on this project. Start the journey well my brother.

Both of us inspected the site, and approved. The site is quite strategic both personally and commercially. I see some business prospects over there.
Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by jaro4u(m): 9:38pm On May 22, 2016
maggdon:
it all depend on ur taste nd how much u re willing to spend.. d first tin is to ve a clear picture of wat u want nd never hold back on quality.. with good budget planning and very good engineer ur house will stand

I'm budgeting a sum of 7 - 8M for the project, and hope it would do. With the deteriorating state of the economy, I don't know how next year would be after I acquire the land. Thats why I need to speculate to know if I need to hustle for more KUDI (if u know what I mean) wink
Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by johnson232: 10:38pm On May 22, 2016
agarawu23:
i used it as an example.
okay sir..

but the figure is close though...
Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by agarawu23(m): 6:45am On May 23, 2016
johnson232:

okay sir..

but the figure is close though...
exactly
Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by jaro4u(m): 6:03am On May 24, 2016
agarawu23:
exactly

I was actually budgeting about 7 - 8 mil though. hopefully it would do. Thanks anyway. Cannot wait to own my own home abd shame the landlords always increasing house rents.
Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by agarawu23(m): 6:18am On May 24, 2016
jaro4u:

I was actually budgeting about 7 - 8 mil though. hopefully it would do. Thanks anyway. Cannot wait to own my own home abd shame the landlords always increasing house rents.
sir, you will happily move in with that budget if you aren't passing your boundary. God will help u.

1 Like

Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by KolaShangOne(m): 10:22pm On May 24, 2016
jaro4u:

Good. Get an architect or builder, sit down and plan it out. I worked at Simawa last month at Treasure Park. I saw a man and his wife coming to inspect the estate. Abi it's you?

. Bros, consider the charges first before you buy a land at Simawa
Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by jaro4u(m): 11:45pm On May 24, 2016
KolaShangOne:

Good. Get an architect or builder, sit down and plan it out. I worked at Simawa last month at Treasure Park. I saw a man and his wife coming to inspect the estate. Abi it's you?

. Bros, consider the charges first before you buy a land at Simawa

I actually thougt about it for some time. I am aware of those hidden charges but considering the fact that I would have no issues with the so called omo oniles; coupled with it being an estate with good roads and serene and quiet setting (just to mention a few hopeful qualities of an estate), I think the extra charges could a sacrifice I just have to live with. Who knows maybe those hidden charges might have been eqivalent to omo onile settlement if I was outside the estate setting.
And also I feel you plot of land is more secure from being hijacked.
Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by KolaShangOne(m): 12:12am On May 29, 2016
jaro4u:

I actually thougt about it for some time. I am aware of those hidden charges but considering the fact that I would have no issues with the so called omo oniles; coupled with it being an estate with good roads and serene and quiet setting (just to mention a few hopeful qualities of an estate), I think the extra charges could a sacrifice I just have to live with. Who knows maybe those hidden charges might have been eqivalent to omo onile settlement if I was outside the estate setting.
And also I feel you plot of land is more secure from being hijacked.

Very correct. Took this pic today when i visited Treasure Park estate, Simawa. Belongs to Adron homes.

Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by msogunro: 2:31am On May 29, 2016
jaro4u:

I am aware of those hidden charges

Can you shed some light on those hidden charges?

What are they and how much?
Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by maslow: 2:32am On May 29, 2016
Jaro4u hello brother please I need a bit of your insight.

I was also talking to an agent relating to buying one of the Treasure Park Estate land in Shimawa (phase 2).

I had a cold feet only because they want me to pay 100k deposit and complete the rest with 12 months instalment payment plan but with no written payment plan terms and conditions even though I requested one to be sent to me by official email as I'm not currently in naija.

All relating correspondent I have relating to the purchase of the land is Whatsapp communication from the agent and 2 liners email from yahoo.com that highlight the cost of land and other fees.

If you have completed the purchasing process of the land. Could you please explain your experience and the buying process you encountered to me.

Even though the land seems ok as described but just want to ensure I'm doing the right thing as ill be buying remotely as I will not be in naija until 4 months time.

Thanks Jaro4u and looking forward to your advice.
Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by jaro4u(m): 4:08pm On May 29, 2016
maslow:

I was also talking to an agent relating to buying one of the Treasure Park Estate land in Shimawa (phase 2).

I had a cold feet only because they want me to pay 100k deposit and complete the rest with 12 months instalment payment plan but with no written payment plan terms and conditions even though I requested one to be sent to me by official email as I'm not currently in naija.

All relating correspondent I have relating to the purchase of the land is Whatsapp communication from the agent and 2 liners email from yahoo.com that highlight the cost of land and other fees.

If you have completed the purchasing process of the land. Could you please explain your experience and the buying process you encountered to me.

Even though the land seems ok as described but just want to ensure I'm doing the right thing as ill be buying remotely as I will not be in naija until 4 months time.

Good day,

Just to clarify your assumption, I have not completed payment yet. But the payment plan is quite flexible and convenient, and I also had to do a start up payment.

Secondly only do business with an Adron agent for security sake. I also did. It was after I had testimonies from 7 - 8 colleagues of mine at work that have finished payment before I WAS CONVINCED. i don't know the agent you are using but just be careful.

Thirdly, with respect to the extra charges I feel they are worth it since they would use it constructively in the estate (I hope). They might as well have said they would not collect anything, and we sort out our facilities ourselves.It might run into hundreds of thousands, but won't we have spent close to that to sort out the sets of demands from the omo oniles, from time of land acquisitions to finishing the house. So, to my own assumptions it's a good deal. And your land is secure till when you want to use it.

So,I feel its your choice what you want. You just have to take aleap of faith. like I did and hope for the best. Life on its own is a risk.

Best of luck.
Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by jaro4u(m): 7:37pm On May 29, 2016
maslow:

These were some of the things currently on site on phase 1.

Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by maslow: 11:52am On Jun 04, 2016
Thanks Jaro4u.

I've just taken a "leap of faith" and gone ahead with the purchase.

Hopefully if you don't mind I will like to keep in touch with you and see how yours progresses ( May be I might be able to learn one or two things from you.

Is it okay for me to PM you my whatsapp contact?
jaro4u:

Good day,

Just to clarify your assumption, I have not completed payment yet. But the payment plan is quite flexible and convenient, and I also had to do a start up payment.

Secondly only do business with an Adron agent for security sake. I also did. It was after I had testimonies from 7 - 8 colleagues of mine at work that have finished payment before I WAS CONVINCED. i don't know the agent you are using but just be careful.

Thirdly, with respect to the extra charges I feel they are worth it since they would use it constructively in the estate (I hope). They might as well have said they would not collect anything, and we sort out our facilities ourselves.It might run into hundreds of thousands, but won't we have spent close to that to sort out the sets of demands from the omo oniles, from time of land acquisitions to finishing the house. So, to my own assumptions it's a good deal. And your land is secure till when you want to use it.

So,I feel its your choice what you want. You just have to take aleap of faith. like I did and hope for the best. Life on its own is a risk.

Best of luck.
Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by jaro4u(m): 7:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
maslow:
Thanks Jaro4u.

I've just taken a "leap of faith" and gone ahead with the purchase. I will be in naija in a few months time.

Hopefully if you don't mind I will like to keep in touch with you and see how yours progresses ( May be I might be able to learn one or two things from you.

Is it okay for me to PM you my whatsapp contact?

Yeah, wouldn't mind.
Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by maslow: 5:42am On Jun 23, 2016
Thanks brother.

Ill pm you my contacts.

Cheers,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by maslow: 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2016
Jaro4u.

How are you doing Bro,

Couldn't get through to you on PM.

Could you email me on OlaMaslow@Gmail.com and ill give you my contact.

How's your Shimawa land going.
maslow:
Thanks brother.

Ill pm you my contacts.

Cheers,
Re: Constructing A 4 Bedroom All En-suited Apartment by maslow: 7:38am On Mar 27, 2017
Jaron,

How have you been and your family? Long time.

How's your Shimawa land going. Have you got physical allocation yet?

(1) (Reply)

5 Bedroom Duplex - Open Decking (slab) PHOTOS - 1 Plot / Shop For Sale At Lagos International Trade Fair Complex, Ojo, Lagos / New Alert! 5 Bedroom Luxury Duplex For Sale At Lekki County Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.