Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,836 members, 7,806,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review (4743 Views)

Tecno Camon CX Unboxing And Quick Review Video / Tecno Camon CX Unboxing And Quick Review / My Tecno L8plus Just Hanged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by ghostofsparta(m): 6:34am On May 22, 2016
TeeFeh:
When I copy a number instead of making another move to paste the number it automatically ask(see screenshot)...

Is it only my Tecno L8 that does it?? grin allow me to feel fly for the whole weekend,its not easy to buy a smartphone shocked
In as much as I criticized Tecno phones for been so off-track like in the past, I never would have believe I'd be enjoying one today. I had to settle for the Tecno L8plus which I got for N33,500 a week and a half ago. So far so good - I'd say despite few noticeable flaws (such as typographical error; improper text spacing in some of it 'pre-captioned prompt') I think it's pretty much an excellent phone that does me everything the ridiculously exorbitant iPhone can and can't do. The capture quality of its cameras may not be in par with the more costly Boom J8 or the costlier Phantoms' but it's snaps are pretty decent even at low-light and moreover it's swift performance did compensated for that as I filled up the available by default 10GB with plethora of applications while I usually run it on 'Battery Saver' mode to further churn out more 'stand-by' time from its massive non removable 5,050mah battery. It's capability to reverse charge is another key feature that comes with the 5.5" phablet but that which I'm certain will use seldomly, because to me, not only does every juice counts, but also would a sustained use of it to charge other device result in an untimely depreciation of its battery cells. Finally, it's sad to know that there exist no 'temper glass' from either Tecno and sellers of phone accessories to protect the protecting flimsy screen guard protecting the touchscreen surface. Regardless of which, at 2GB running Android 5.1 (HiOS) on quad MTK CPU, I'd say it's the perfect phone for those with tight budget.

BTW, I'm curious to know how much you got yours ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by Efisko1(m): 6:56am On May 22, 2016
In calabar....i an my mom bought on Tuesday 17th of may being her bithday....
Dey sum of #31,500
An shes said dat day "bobo u knw i dnt like tecno....hmmmmm if dis phone dare get hot or missbehave...."

I told her mom, u hv my words its a nyc phone... grin

1 Like

Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by Efisko1(m): 6:59am On May 22, 2016
grin

Nice tecno i hv ever used so farfar grin

Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by driand(m): 7:12am On May 22, 2016
ghostofsparta:
In as much as I criticized Tecno phones for been so off-track like in the past, I never would have believe I'd be enjoying one today. I had to settle for the Tecno L8plus which I got for N33,500 a week and a half ago. So far so good - I'd say despite few noticeable flaws (such as typographical error; improper text spacing in some of it 'pre-captioned prompt') I think it's pretty much an excellent phone that does me everything the ridiculously exorbitant iPhone can and can't do. The capture quality of its cameras may not be in par with the more costly Boom J8 or the costlier Phantoms' but it's snaps are pretty decent even at low-light and moreover it's swift performance did compensated for that as I filled up the available by default 10GB with plethora of applications while I usually run it on 'Battery Saver' mode to further churn out more 'stand-by' time from its massive non removable 5,050mah battery. It's capability to reverse charge is another key feature that comes with the 5.5" phablet but that which I'm certain will use seldomly, because to me, not only does every juice counts, but also would a sustained use of it to charge other device result in an untimely depreciation of its battery cells. Finally, it's sad to know that there exist no 'temper glass' from either Tecno and sellers of phone accessories to protect the protecting flimsy screen guard protecting the touchscreen surface. Regardless of which, at 2GB running Android 5.1 (HiOS) on quad MTK CPU, I'd say it's the perfect phone for those with tight budget.

please stop deceiving urself, I've used tecno and infinix and the truth remain that chinko is chinko, now I use HTC one M8 , brother if you touch this device you'll never spend your money on low quality Chinese phones again, I'm not referring to the likes of Huawei and xiaomi oo
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by MizMyColi(f): 8:00am On May 22, 2016
driand:
please stop deceiving urself, I've used tecno and infinix and the truth remain that chinko is chinko, now I use HTC one M8 , brother if you touch this device you'll never spend your money on low quality Chinese phones again, I'm not referring to the likes of Huawei and xiaomi oo

Honestly,
I don't understand why you lot won't let others be with their choices.

Why should you badmouth a product someone got with his hard earned money?

Have you used W4, J8 or this L8 plus he's talking of now? Or are you just stereotyping? Kindly riddle me this.

Has HTC always made dapper phones?

Have you ever heard of technological advancements in smartphones production?

Yes, it pains me to see people who think they can "afford" something better put other's choices down.

The reality is that most of us are hooked on Tecno, infinix, gionee and whatever device out there that offers us what the S7s of this world can offer at more affordable prices.

I use Tecno w4 which costs just 23k btw, LG G3 vigor, and a blackberry Q10. My post is enough to indicate which I prefer the most.

My point is that you can always hype your own device without sounding derogatory to the choice others make.

Africans, generally aren't after flagship phones.
A budget phone which gives them the value they desire for less is more than Enough!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by MizMyColi(f): 8:11am On May 22, 2016
I just looked up the HTC one M8 phone.

The only cute thing about the device is the platform it runs on.
Snapdragon, Adreno, Quad core, upgradable to 6.0.

It is not even a double Sim phone to begin with.
4MP camera.
2600mAh battery
smh.

I expected something that's made in heaven.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by McPhilz8(m): 8:28am On May 22, 2016
Damn good. They wouldn't know till they use it.
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by McPhilz8(m): 8:33am On May 22, 2016
driand:

"stop deceiving yourself" what's up with that? HTC is your choice,could you plz let others make their own choice. Thanks
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by NCP: 9:05am On May 22, 2016
driand:

very right bro
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by amAZEing: 9:18am On May 22, 2016
NCP:

very right bro

What do you mean by this statement?
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by driand(m): 10:18am On May 22, 2016
MizMyColi:

Honestly,
I don't understand why you lot won't let others be with their choices.

Why should you badmouth a product someone got with his hard earned money?

Have you used W4, J8 or this L8 plus he's talking of now? Or are you just stereotyping? Kindly riddle me this.

Has HTC always made dapper phones?

Have you ever heard of technological advancements in smartphones production?

Yes, it pains me to see people who think they can "afford" something better put other's choices down.

The reality is that most of us are hooked on Tecno, infinix, gionee and whatever device out there that offers us what the S7s of this world can offer at more affordable prices.

I use Tecno w4 which costs just 23k btw, LG G3 vigor, and a blackberry Q10. My post is enough to indicate which I prefer the most.

My point is that you can always hype your own device without sounding derogatory to the choice others make.

Africans, generally aren't after flagship phones.
A budget phone which gives them the value they desire for less is more than Enough!
sorry if I may have sounded derogatory like you said, but I still maintain my stance on the Chinese brands,..

Talking about affordability, you buy an l8 for 30k plus and j8 for 40k plus, still the same range you get a used Galaxy s5 or an M8 in very good condition..

My pains with the Chinese devices are numerous, e.g you buy an infinix hot note of 4,000mah and in less than 6 month it it can hardly give you 12hours of power on 3g, a phone of octa-core 1.3gh and 2gig ram cannot play games with quality graphics(fifa16) and more
You hardly get their spare parts, let me stop there cuz their are loads of user complaints...

So bro I don't derail because these phones are cheap.
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by hungryboy(m): 10:28am On May 22, 2016
MizMyColi:
I just looked up the HTC one M8 phone.

The only cute thing about the device is the platform it runs on.
Snapdragon, Adreno, Quad core, upgradable to 6.0.

It is not even a double Sim phone to begin with.
4MP camera.
2600mAh battery
smh.

I expected something that's made in heaven.

i no need be CIA to know say dis woman dey work for Tecno.
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by hungryboy(m): 10:30am On May 22, 2016
Efisko1:
In calabar....i an my mom bought on Tuesday 17th of may being her bithday....
Dey sum of #31,500
An shes said dat day "bobo u knw i dnt like tecno....hmmmmm if dis phone dare get hot or missbehave...."

I told her mom, u hv my words its a nyc phone... grin
Efisko na where for Cally you buy am?
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by DoPeRoSa(f): 11:25am On May 22, 2016
how long does diz phone take to charge fully??
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by MizMyColi(f): 11:39am On May 22, 2016
hungryboy:
i no need be CIA to know say dis woman dey work for Tecno.

Yes, I have built a house and own quite a number of choice properties around town.

It pays to work for Tecnoundecided

1 Like

Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by Youngpo413: 12:12pm On May 22, 2016
Abuse of apps....
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by Youngpo413: 12:13pm On May 22, 2016
Very soon una go tire.
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by TeeFeh(f): 2:58pm On May 22, 2016
ghostofsparta:

Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by TeeFeh(f): 3:02pm On May 22, 2016
DoPeRoSa:
how long does diz phone take to charge fully??
less than 2hours
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by TeeFeh(f): 3:08pm On May 22, 2016
driand:
that's your own choice nah,your mates can afford iPhone 6,see ur life inside konga sure using ordinary HTC
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by driand(m): 5:31pm On May 22, 2016
TeeFeh:
that's your own choice nah,your mates can afford iPhone 6,see ur life inside konga sure using ordinary HTC
if you're not a novice you won't compare iPhone 6 to HTC one M8,
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by Efisko1(m): 5:34pm On May 22, 2016
hungryboy:
Efisko na where for Cally you buy am?

UDEC at calabar road beside dey mosque. Do u get?
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by hungryboy(m): 6:25pm On May 22, 2016
Efisko1:

UDEC at calabar road beside dey mosque. Do u get?
dat Yoruba mosque abi?
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by Efisko1(m): 6:29pm On May 22, 2016
hungryboy:
dat Yoruba mosque abi?

Yesssss
So dat 1 is always yoruba mosque....
I never knw,,was tinking its Hausa
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by hungryboy(m): 6:33pm On May 22, 2016
Efisko1:

Yesssss
So dat 1 is always yoruba mosque....
I never knw,,was tinking its Hausa
na yoruba mosque oh, hausa mosque na the one were dey Bogobiri.
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by Efisko1(m): 6:41pm On May 22, 2016
hungryboy:
na yoruba mosque oh, hausa mosque na the one were dey Bogobiri.

I get bro....
So u don keep uronry complete
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by hungryboy(m): 6:53pm On May 22, 2016
Efisko1:

I get bro.... So u don keep uronry complete
uronry?
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by Efisko1(m): 8:10pm On May 22, 2016
hungryboy:
uronry?

Sorry did nt even review wat i typed
I meant "ur money"
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by TeeFeh(f): 8:54pm On May 22, 2016
driand:
if you're not a novice you won't compare iPhone 6 to HTC one M8,
that's ur choice..mine is tecno
Kill yourself
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by ghostofsparta(m): 2:20am On May 23, 2016
driand:
Your ignorance is so titanic that you fail to realize that China is where every other phones out there are manufactured from Apple iPhones to Blackberry, including your HTC One M8. But they are made to the specification of a given schematic, quality and condition. Your insolence is so uncontrollable that its get the best of you, didn't you read where I said "I used to criticize Tecno phones in the past" ? I don't need you to inform me on what makes Nigeria-nurtured mobile devices as Tecno, Malata, Infinix, Gionee, Itel differes from the likes of HTC, Samsung, Huawei etc which you didn't even state, of which I doubt you do know if asked.

driand:
sorry if I may have sounded derogatory like you said, but I still maintain my stance on the Chinese brands,..
Talking about affordability, you buy an l8 for 30k plus and j8 for 40k plus, still the same range you get a used Galaxy s5 or an M8 in very good condition..

Despite I not been an active Android user for a very long time until now, I know enough about Android OS all the while I used Blackberries and Lumias. It's a shame the majority of you phonbies who're quick to condemn one Android device over another ignorantly do so not on technical ground but on emotional usage of it. Do you know only here in Nigeria does MTK fitted Android devices appears to be advantageous over non-MTK Android phones ? For instance - in respect to the proper functioning of certain .APKs and connectivity. So your Samsung S7-Ultra+VR would fail to respond properly in areas where a N11k Malata will flow with ease.
driand:
My pains with the Chinese devices are numerous, e.g you buy an infinix hot note of 4,000mah and in less than 6 month it it can hardly give you 12hours of power on 3g, a phone of octa-core 1.3gh and 2gig ram cannot play games with quality graphics(fifa16).
Yet another observation based on stark ignorance. Even a 12,000mha phone will depreciate in cell energy in less than 2 months if used carelessly, Nigerians who don't know how to conserve battery will have screens brightness maxed, multitasking 5-10 apps; after forgetting to close camera already invoked at an earlier time idling there in the background, one or two games also in the background, and not to mention one or two of real-time notifying active apps like BBM, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat and at least 1 browser on with several tabs. Some would just have their Bluetooth, WiFi, Hotspot and GPS switched ON all the time. All of these and they'd still expect it the battery to last forever. There's someone who complained to me how her Samsung Galaxy Note 3 kept lasting not more than 30minutes after each full charge, asking me if the 'battery-saving' app she used in her previous but stolen Infinix phone would make her Note 3 last more higher, bottom line is she does worse than the aforementioned abuse to her Note 3 without her even realizing it like the many phonbies throughout Nigeria do without them realizing. Well, I guess the manufactures prefers abuse-causing quick spoils so you all will need to buy high ones one way or the other.
Youngpo413:
Abuse of apps....
Orderliness of organized apps, it becomes abuse when they aren't used. Besides I've begun uninstalling many after testing if device would still run fine when crammed with applications installed only for the purpose of APK tests-running from my library of APKs.
TeeFeh:
When ?

1 Like

Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by pryme(m): 7:18am On May 23, 2016
ghostofsparta:

any sound chip on board? DTS or Dolby Digital or Hi-fi?
How is the sounds on headphones?
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by ghostofsparta(m): 10:33pm On May 23, 2016
pryme:

any sound chip on board? DTS or Dolby Digital or Hi-fi?
How is the sounds on headphones?
Nada....just the usual stereo-processed audio feedback.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sold / This Must Stop. / Samsung Galaxy S5 Vs Lg G3 Vs Sony Z2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.