Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,459 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. (90284 Views)

Oyo Building Most Advanced Silos In Nigeria (Photos) / 6 Infrastructurally Most Backward States In Nigeria/geopolitical Zone / Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by BankeSmalls(f): 10:28am On May 22, 2016
Movic1:
What should i do with this long speech?If ibadan is not safe for U, Pack your bags and leave Simple as APC or sorry ABC ..

And leave my brethren to be slaughtered by armed robbers in Ibadan?
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by mideactive: 10:30am On May 22, 2016
Afofungbemu,ibadan is bigger dan all d states in SE combined,wat do u expect?use ur brain nah..

Ilovemystate:

Ode! Idadan is third city with highest slum after Lagos and Kano, that how big Ibadan is, city with three skyscrappers in middle of slum

2 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by bender79: 10:31am On May 22, 2016
Innovator90:
Goodness me...Awka and Onitsha skylines look like Pretoria and Johannesburg respectively. I swear I'll never believe that was Onitsha. Onitsha ought to be given award for well organized, arranged high rise buildings...
Awka starts and ends on Enugu Onitsha express road..so don't be decieved

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by AnamCity: 10:39am On May 22, 2016
bender79:
Awka starts and ends on Enugu Onitsha express road..so don't be decieved

It's far from truth. Awka is presently one of the few fastest developing cities in Nigeria. 1 & 2nd pix are other sections of the city while the 3rd & 4th are newer areas called Millennium city that being developed right now.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Movic1(m): 10:39am On May 22, 2016
BankeSmalls:

embarassed
BankeSmalls:

You guys can relocate together now

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Iblawi1: 10:41am On May 22, 2016
FlyoruB:

You be proper mumu. Why Phyno and Zoro dey show the ghetto sides of Enugu here: cheesy

Cc: onomefm, movic1, Adaure4ever. grin
O boy see brown roof for south east o. E b like say e pass ibadan own sef. Phyno don expose una.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by BankeSmalls(f): 10:42am On May 22, 2016
Movic1:
embarassed You guys can relocate together now

You mean the whole ibadan to relocate and run away to Oshogbo because of armed robbers?
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by BankeSmalls(f): 10:44am On May 22, 2016
Iblawi1:

O boy see brown roof for south east o. E b like say e pass ibadan own sef. Phyno don expose una.

Nowhere in the world has as much zinc oxide like ibadan, its our natural resources grin
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Billiondoe: 10:45am On May 22, 2016
Adaure4ever:
1) Ibadan ahead of Onitsha, Uyo, Awka and Owerri? Are you joking or what?
2) Kaduna ahead of Kano? Wtf
how did you rate this crap?
In my own rating.
1. Lagos
2. Abuja
3. Port Harcourt
4. Enugu
5. Calabar

Same Onitsha that was just rated most polluted city in the world? *sighs*

5 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by mandarin: 10:45am On May 22, 2016
Nigerian youths(many are actually children). In term of infrastructures in Nigeria, Abuja city is number 1. When you begin to break it down as per states then maybe you can begin to compare FCT with Lagos.Even the Dutse Alhaji I saw in the list of slums displayed by someone is now a really fast developing town.
If you pick Lagos after Abuja, then you can begin to look at the next city. As someone who has traveled Nigeria, you will be pressed between large and small cities; large like Ibadan, Kano, Kaduna and small cities like Porthacourt, Enugu, Ilorin, Akure, Owerri and calabar, sokoto, Gombe, Abeokuta, Zaria
Challenging cities such as Aba, Umuahia, Ogbomoso, Oyo, Onitsha, Okene, otta,Warri,Maiduguri, Bauchi, Ilesa, Ife,
Much smaller cities like Minna, Ondo, Ado Ekiti, Uyo, Asaba, Osogbo, Ijebu Ode
You see, these are in different categories and it may be difficult to categorize them together. There are also emerging cities like Lafia, Lokoja, Katsina,Gusau, Nsukka, Abakaliki etc
They are faced with different challenges and are at different socioeconomic.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Billiondoe: 10:49am On May 22, 2016
BankeSmalls:

Ibadan, Oyo State in general is very peaceful. Armed Robbery is very low compared to Lagos that you can get robbed anywhere. Low crime rate, no thuggery again unlike the PDP era. Please stop the misinformation.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:50am On May 22, 2016
mideactive:
Afofungbemu,ibadan is bigger dan all d states in SE combined,wat do u expect?use ur brain nah..

So, because it's big, the slum predominance is justified? USA gotta be one big slum then

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by BankeSmalls(f): 10:53am On May 22, 2016
Billiondoe:

Ibadan, Oyo State in general is very peaceful. Armed Robbery is very low compared to Lagos that you can get robbed anywhere. Low crime rate, no thuggery again unlike the PDP era. Please stop the misinformation.

Ibadan is largely unsafe. I'm tired. You're not safe at home, at work , on the streets, everywhere. People who have met me know I don't have a lifestyle that exposes me to things like this.

A very good business mentor and owner of GTIN motors (MR Chris) in ibadan was shot dead and his car stolen around Oluyole area of Ibadan on Monday while returning from work. This man fully relocated from Germany 2 years ago to start GTIN motors in Nigeria and now he's dead.

A very rich man, deals in Luxury cars. He should have just stayed back there. If you are abroad and govt is telling you to come back and establish a business here, tell them to provide security first 

Do you mean the same Iyangaku GRA where most political assassination in Ibadan happened is one of the most secure areas? It can't be. I schooled in the GRA and I cannot count the number of assassinations and failed attempts that were carried out during that time. 

Of recent, Bola Amole, the owner of BIMS African Food Store UK was killed there. 

________
Alalubosa GRA

Don't remind me! I lost a cousin who's a week older than me to those boys who were trying to rob him at gun point inside the estate about 12 years ago. 
I also lost a friend there too by Alalubosa river which is the escape route. 

Same thing with NIHORT, Jericho, Onireke GRA, Aleshinloye, Forestry. Those areas are just too silent which makes it easy for those boys to operate. 
_______
Bodija Estate

I can only ask which Bodija is it. Is it Bola Iges? Or Sunday Alalades? Or where Akala's driver was shot dead? Or the regular Kara Mayhem? Or where Mrs Adesiyan (Wife of the Police Affairs Minister) was abducted? Or where a family of 3 who just relocated to Nigeria after 18 years sojourn in Canada were burnt to death few weeks after arriving motherland?

Apologies.. but AriseKola was a big time tout who profited from the Abacha regime if you know the history of how he became rich. Asides him having Major guns, major Jazz and Major money to hire major touts, he is alsi protected by Nigeria Police etc.. 

I will delete this post later. 

People like Fele, Sunday Igbowo work with political giants o.. you can't pay them 

Igbowo works with Ladoja

Do you know the place they call Koto? It's in Mokola. Find out what they do there. [/quote]

I know Ibadan like the back of my hand. A police station is at Mokola directly in front of Sabo where 90% of stolen items are sold. APete is known for cult activities and robbery. Mokola is known for same (Ask about Koto boys )

This last one, I was coming from the mall at Sango, drove through General gas and was heading to a house just before Dizenghoff. I got to the gate of the house I was going to, parked and as I was stepping out, the boys came on a bike and the whole shebang happened around 8pm. 

There are also guys that touch the wall of your house and everyone sleeps off. Confirmed Jazz.

We also have car snatches and the likes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Movic1(m): 10:57am On May 22, 2016
BankeSmalls:

You mean the whole ibadan to relocate and run away to Oshogbo because of armed robbers?

Kindly relocate to your Abia, aba, onitaha or owerri! The safiest place/region.

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Billiondoe: 11:17am On May 22, 2016
BankeSmalls:

Ibadan is largely unsafe. I'm tired. You're not safe at home, at work , on the streets, everywhere. People who have met me know I don't have a lifestyle that exposes me to things like this.

A very good business mentor and owner of 2 years ago to start GTIN motors in Nigeria and now he's dead.

A very rich man, deals in Luxury cars. He should have just stayed back there. If

Do you mean the same Iyangaku GRA where most political assassination in Ibadan happened is one of the most secure areas? It can't be. I schooled in the GRA and I cannot count the number of assassinations and failed attempts that were carried out during that time. 

Of recent, Bola Amole, the owner of BIMS African Food Store UK was killed there. 

_______
Bodija Estate
I can only ask which Bodija is it. Is it Bola Iges? Or Sunday Alalades? Or where Akala's driver was shot dead? Or the regular Kara Mayhem? Or where Mrs Adesiyan (Wife of the Police Affairs Minister) was abducted? Or where a family of 3 who just relocated to Nigeria after 18 years sojourn in Canada were burnt to death few weeks after arriving motherland?

Apologies.. but AriseKola was a big time tout who profited from the Abacha regime if you know the history of how he became rich. Asides him having Major guns, major Jazz and Major money to hire major touts, he is alsi protected by Nigeria Police etc.. 

I will delete this post later. 

People like Fele, Sunday Igbowo work with political giants o.. you can't pay them 

Igbowo works with Ladoja

Do you know the place they call Koto? It's in Mokola. Find out what they do there.

I know Ibadan like the back of my hand. A police station is at Mokola directly in front of Sabo where 90% of stolen items are sold. APete is known for cult activities and robbery. Mokola is known for same (Ask about Koto boys )

This last one, I was coming from the mall at Sango, drove through General gas and was heading to a house just before Dizenghoff. I got to the gate of the house I was going to, parked and as I was stepping out, the boys came on a bike and the whole shebang happened around 8pm. 

There are also guys that touch the wall of your house and everyone sleeps off. Confirmed Jazz.

We also have car snatches and the likes.

You try, you know Ibadan small but you can't me more "Ibadan" than I am. Apart from the recent robbery and assassination you stated, all others you stated were years ago when PDP was ruling the state with Thugs and Hooligans. The Fele you mentioned has stabilized NURTW since he became the chairman, when last did you hear them killing and fighting over Control of garage? To add a comic relief, I can make a call in traffic and roll down my car windows in Ibadan without fear of my phone been snatched like Lagos. I can park my car anywhere on the street without fear of my brain box or other parts stolen. I love Ibadan night life. I can drive at anytime without fear or molestation. When last did you hear of fights from Iwo Road to Idi Ape to BusStop/ Gate to Oje to Beere to Molete to Orita Challenge to Ring Road or Apata.
If there is anything Ajumobi got right, it's the peace and tranquility in Ibadan City. I can spend months in Lagos but I love to retire to Ibadan peacefully. Even the cult boys at Apete have cooled down. Give kudos. I'm sorry but people that were killed like you said, RIP to them. We are told not to speak ill of the dead but who knows the kind of shady deals they got themselves involved in? May we not offend people that NEVER FORGIVE AND FORGET. My dear don't be scared. If you can't live in Ibadan peacefully, how do you want to live in LAGOS.

12 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by mercyville: 11:26am On May 22, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

So, because it's big, the slum predominance is justified? USA gotta be one big slum then
Lagos is small,has more slums but has the largest infrastructures.Rio de janeiro has more slums than Abuja and Lagos but has more infrastructures.I think it would be worthwhile if pix are used for reference and evidence purposes.No state in the SE can be compared to Ibadan infrastructurally.

IBADAN

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Rolings: 11:26am On May 22, 2016
Ilovemystate:

As big as your Oyo state this is their financial transaction for past five years, a state that's bigger than the whole southeastern state- according to Ibadan media grin

NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS 2010-2015

BANK CREDIT AND DEPOSIT BY STATES IN NIGERIA

Bank credit/deposit in each state may be used as an indicator of the level of activity and well being of operators (households and businesses) in a particular state as it shows what residents are borrowing and the amount deposit in banks

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/report/384

Anambra state bank transactions 2010-2015
Bank deposit in Anambra state #1'844'434.75
Bank Credit # 258'716.37
Balance #1'585'718.38

Oyo state bank transactions 2010-2015
Bank deposit in Oyo #1'617'678.48
bank credit #598'298.6
balance #1'019'379.88

Pic 1 and 2 Ibadan

Pic 3 and 4 Onitsha

You are quoting a state data for a city within the state
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Rolings: 11:28am On May 22, 2016
mandarin:
Nigerian youths(many are actually children). In term of infrastructures in Nigeria, Abuja city is number 1. When you begin to break it down as per states then maybe you can begin to compare FCT with Lagos.Even the Dutse Alhaji I saw in the list of slums displayed by someone is now a really fast developing town.
If you pick Lagos after Abuja, then you can begin to look at the next city. As someone who has traveled Nigeria, you will be pressed between large and small cities; large like Ibadan, Kano, Kaduna and small cities like Porthacourt, Enugu, Ilorin, Akure, Owerri and calabar, sokoto, Gombe, Abeokuta, Zaria
Challenging cities such as Aba, Umuahia, Ogbomoso, Oyo, Onitsha, Okene, otta,Warri,Maiduguri, Bauchi, Ilesa, Ife,
Much smaller cities like Minna, Ondo, Ado Ekiti, Uyo, Asaba, Osogbo, Ijebu Ode
You see, these are in different categories and it may be difficult to categorize them together. There are also emerging cities like Lafia, Lokoja, Katsina,Gusau, Nsukka, Abakaliki etc
They are faced with different challenges and are at different socioeconomic.

A fair analysis from someone who knows what they are talking about and has travelled this country .

2 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by 989900B: 11:30am On May 22, 2016
I know it's a dick measuring contest. However, if you've not lived or stayed some considerable time in those cities, or have some other admissible info, your 'opinion' is just that . . .
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by bender79: 11:32am On May 22, 2016
AnamCity:

It's far from truth. Awka is presently one of the few fastest developing cities in Nigeria. 1 & 2nd pix are other sections of the city while the 3rd & 4th are newer areas called Millennium city that being developed right now.
My friend I have been to awka a couple of times the express gives it a city status but going further there is a lot of unplanning...more work needs to be done

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by AmericanQuarter: 11:37am On May 22, 2016
shocked
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by AnamCity: 11:43am On May 22, 2016
bender79:
My friend I have been to awka a couple of times the express gives it a city status but going further there is a lot of unplanning...more work needs to be done

Well I don't have time for back and forth as Awka is a well planned laid out city with beautiful houses. Firstly you made a comment I confronted you with some pictures of different parts. Go on with whatever you believe it does not change what is on ground here.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Remii(m): 12:01pm On May 22, 2016
Ilovemystate:
Ibadan that I know, three skyscrappers in middle of slum, is that what you call infastructure
don't beef Ibadan ignorantly, Ibadan had almost everything before others, first tv, radio, research institute, university. You can live quality live in Ibadan at moderate cost.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by BankeSmalls(f): 12:12pm On May 22, 2016
Remii:
don't beef Ibadan ignorantly, Ibadan had almost everything before others, first tv, radio, research institute, university. You can live quality live in Ibadan at moderate cost.

I get am before no bi property angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by drtwist(m): 12:17pm On May 22, 2016
DropShot:

Funny you! Please tell me what makes Delta and Anambra to be more infrastructurally more developed than Ibadan.

Have you been to Onitsha/ awka and ASABA/Warri. Have tour some of these places including Ibadan and to me Ibadan is ancient and over hype. Owerri is not even suppose to be in dat list.

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by drtwist(m): 12:20pm On May 22, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Which city in ogun is presentable?
Have you been to Ota, Agbara and abaekuta ?

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Remii(m): 12:24pm On May 22, 2016
BankeSmalls:

they are still there , I don't live in Ibadan and not from Oyo, I drive through often.

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by mercyville: 12:24pm On May 22, 2016
BankeSmalls:

lol....you are wrong.Na property if the property never lost and you still dey enjoy am.

IBADAN

5 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Billiondoe: 12:29pm On May 22, 2016
DropShot:

grin cheesy

I spent eight years in Delta. Specifically, Warri, Ekpan, Effunrun, Edjeba, Jakpa, Asaba, Orunworun, Estate, etc were just a few of places I know inside out.

I schooled in Dom Domingos College, Edjeba.

So, stop running your mouth here. grin

Bros no city in Niger Delta can ever, I mean ever be as developed as Ibadan. ND lacks a lot of infrastructures or what are you people fighting for? Una no go schools, Una no learn trade, Una no get orientation, Una no dey civilised, Una still dey live in the ancient times. No even carry that once come here Oga Ade. A guy I know that was part of the Amnesty boys sent to school in Lead City in Ibadan confessed to myself and other friends that their eyes opened when they got to Ibadan. Ibadan is the center of civilization in the South West and also the political capital of South West. ND boys that dress like Agbero when they first came, tie wrapper about in school hostels, now they wear Suits and Tie plus Shoe. Guy forget that one wey you talk. I served in Warri and them no Ja! I'm no tribalist o. In fact I love them ND boys that time in school o

Bro this is for that dude that was running his mouth. Please mention him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Iblawi1: 12:31pm On May 22, 2016
BankeSmalls:

Nowhere in the world has as much zinc oxide like ibadan, its our natural resources grin
Those brown roof houses were built in the 50s, 60s and 70s when your people were still leaving in bushes. Go look at newly built up areas in ibadan and you will know you are far behind. Ibadan is a major city by any standard and the state still add more value to Nigerian economy than any south east state.

It is really funny when people compare old built up area in ibadan to the best in south east. It simple means we are far ahead of you.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by BankeSmalls(f): 12:31pm On May 22, 2016
Remii:
they are still there , I don't live in Ibadan and not from Oyo, I drive through often.

You still dey watch the first tv station in Ibadan?
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by iokpebholo: 12:34pm On May 22, 2016
eshietIntrepid:
I agree from One to three, four should be either calabar and kano, eight to ten is ok.
bros which calabar?abeg oh, na only round about full calabar,common drainage sef no dey

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Evidence Of How Rivers State Was Rigged - David Hundeyin / MC Tagwaye Meets Abdul’aziz Musa Yar’adua, Umaru's Younger Brother / Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.