Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,699 members, 7,805,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. (90322 Views)

Oyo Building Most Advanced Silos In Nigeria (Photos) / 6 Infrastructurally Most Backward States In Nigeria/geopolitical Zone / Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 22, 2016
oboy3:

yeah

ibadan is even way ahead of New york,,,lol

[img]http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/07/laughs-gif-2015.gif
[/img]

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by OBAFEMIawolowo: 2:22pm On May 22, 2016
xharder:

How do you define infrastructure?

Is it by having good roads, steady light, access to clean water, standard of living of the people, or by recreational centers, security, service industry(hotels,good transport,eateries,mail, plaza) or by commerces and economics activities?

I ask this because a friend once asked me where is more developed between a dilapidated town that has good roads built by the government and a new urban centers with yet to be built roads but with individuals buying lands and putting up gigantic and modern structures both for residential and commercial uses?

So what is your definition of infrastructure and development in that context. Can you educate me on that
i cannot define infrastructure for you.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 22, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
i cannot define infrastructure for you.

Yet you can rate most infrastructurally advanced cities in nigeria without giving any yardstick for your rating.

You see why kids like you should not be taken serious atimes.

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Abagworo(m): 2:25pm On May 22, 2016
xharder:

How do you define infrastructure?

Is it by having good roads, steady light, access to clean water, standard of living of the people, or by recreational centers, security, service industry(hotels,good transport,eateries,mail, plaza) or by commerces and economics activities?

I ask this because a friend once asked me where is more developed between a dilapidated town that has good roads built by the government and a new urban centers with yet to be built roads but with individuals buying lands and putting up gigantic and modern structures both for residential and commercial uses?

So what is your definition of infrastructure and development in that context

You gave the answer in 1st paragraph.

Having good roads, steady light, access to clean water, standard of living of the people, or by recreational centers, security, service industry(hotels,good transport,eateries,mail, plaza)
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by taurusmena1(m): 2:25pm On May 22, 2016
I concur
eshietIntrepid:
I agree from One to three, four should be either calabar and kano, eight to ten is ok.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by OBAFEMIawolowo: 2:27pm On May 22, 2016
xharder:

Yet you can rate most infrastructurally advanced cities in nigeria without giving any yardstick for your rating.

i thought u should know what infrastructure is.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Panzerfaust(m): 2:27pm On May 22, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
The list should be

1. Lagos
2. Abuja
3. Port Harcourt
4. Enugu
5. Ibadan
6. Kaduna
7. Calabar
8. Kano
9. Uyo
10. Owerri.

My opinion though
IBADAN doesnt belong on that list.

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by OBAFEMIawolowo: 2:29pm On May 22, 2016
Panzerfaust:
IBADAN doesnt belong on that list.
which city should be there? Onitsha?
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 22, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
i thought u should know what infrastructure is.

I guess you are looking for an escape route..

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by rbjimoh: 2:30pm On May 22, 2016
Ilovemystate:
Ibadan that I know, three skyscrappers in middle of slum, is that what you called infastructure
. It is the uneven topography of Ibadan that made you to see the proudly rusty roofs, the city comes third to Lagos nd Abj
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Bollinger(m): 2:32pm On May 22, 2016
thesicilian:
Apart from houses and roads filled with potholes, what other infrastructure are you talking about?

Good question. These dilapidated things are what Nigerians term as infrastructure. Ok. Make una de hail una self.

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by BankeSmalls(f): 2:34pm On May 22, 2016
rbjimoh:
. It is the uneven topography of Ibadan that made you to see the proudly rusty roofs, the city comes third to Lagos nd Abj

Proud of rusty brown roofs, and maybe bed bug infested bedrooms and dilapidated kitchens, I love Ibadan grin grin
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by OBAFEMIawolowo: 2:34pm On May 22, 2016
xharder:

I guess you are looking for an escape route..

what do you want? You want me to replace Ibadan with onitsha?
Would that make you happy?
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by asha90: 2:35pm On May 22, 2016
Chidiebere Nwabekeyi how far? Chai cheesy cheesy

OBAFEMIawolowo:
Let's stop deceiving ourselves

Southwest is Lagos, Ibadan and akure

Southeast, its Aba

North its, abuja, kano, Kaduna.

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by YourFatherYansh: 2:35pm On May 22, 2016
Ilovemystate:
Awka
Mediocrity at its best.....,so u dey show us poorly designed bridge, a poor prototype of dis particular bridge in NY. ...FOR ur mind mak we rate Akwa among the list becoz of diz bridge abi.... undecided

2 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by asha90: 2:36pm On May 22, 2016
Chidiebere replace it with Aba... cheesy

OBAFEMIawolowo:
what do you want? You want me to replace Ibadan with Aba?
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 22, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
what do you want? You want me to replace Ibadan with onitsha?
Am only trying to understand your yardstick for compiling the list...I can understand your insecurity
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by asha90: 2:39pm On May 22, 2016
The guy is lost. He is the same person as customized13, menabadoo, lolzzz, Nwabekeyi etc. He is marketing this monika(obafemiawolowo) so that yorubas will be confused but keep unmasking him.. cheesy

xharder:

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by OBAFEMIawolowo: 2:40pm On May 22, 2016
xharder:

Am only trying to understand your yardstick for compiling the list...I can understand your insecurity
the yardstick is infrastructure, if you don't know what infrastructures are then I can't help you.

What I know is that there's no way Ibadan will not make the list
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by asha90: 2:41pm On May 22, 2016
What is infrastructure? Define it my man? Tell us why Aba did not make the list Chidiebere? cheesy

OBAFEMIawolowo:
the yardstick is infrastructure, if you don't know what infrastructures are then I can't help you.

What I know is that there's no way Ibadan will not make the list
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by mandax: 2:43pm On May 22, 2016
Owerri is sucking dry the rest of the towns and Lgas in Imo state. By accident, all five universities and polytechnics in Imo state got located only in Owerri mostly during the military administrations.
Owerri now fights any governor of the state who thought of relocating any one of the tertiary institutions to a place outside Owerri area.

Nearly every infrastructure in Imo state is in Owerri.

The present governor Okorocha worsened every thing as he no longer see any other place outside Owerri as part of Imo state deserving of development infrastructure. Okorocha government even establishes more government tertiary institutions in or near Owerri.

The rest of Imo state outside Owerri remain pre-independence status or glorified villages.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by HomeOfMe(f): 2:44pm On May 22, 2016
1.Lagos 2.Abuja 3.Porthacourt 4Ibadan 5.Calabar 6.Enugu

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Iprofit: 2:45pm On May 22, 2016
drtwist:
Thou you said your opinion, but it's good for your opinion to always have back up. You have to ask yourself which of these state have I travel to, or provide pics. Places like Owerri, ancient City of Ibadan, and KD on list can never be ahead of Delta and Anambra. Even Ogun is expected to be ahead of them. They are just being over hype on the media.
Are you drunk

Ogun,Anambra,ahead of owerri...

Have you been to any of the state
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by tdayof(m): 2:47pm On May 22, 2016
Adaure4ever:
there is nothing in ibadan, I have been to ibadan before so you will not tell me about the city.
It is an unorganised city with many ancient houses that looks like it wanna collapse, rusted zincs, dusty roads, and there are many slums in it.
Akure is even managable than ibadan.

Ibadan is popular mainly because it was the capital of the western region.

Must you lie?

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by DifferentBoy1(m): 2:51pm On May 22, 2016
All hail PH city
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Enesi47: 2:52pm On May 22, 2016
AnamCity:

Well I don't have time for back and forth as Awka is a well planned laid out city with beautiful houses. Firstly you made a comment I confronted you with some pictures of different parts. Go on with whatever you believe it does not change what is on ground here.
is this what you call city?abule egba here is far better than above pictures, lol, you guys make me laugh sha

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by asha90: 2:54pm On May 22, 2016
You should have posted abule egba so that you can compete with the guy's pix. Even Asokoro and Ikoyi has nothing on that pix the guy posted if na lie post your own.. cool

[s]
Enesi47:
is this what you call city?abule egba here is far better than above pictures, lol, you guys make me laugh sha
[/s]
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Enesi47: 2:57pm On May 22, 2016
asha90:
You should have posted abule egba so that you can compete with the guy's pix. Even Asokoro and Ikoyi has nothing on that pix the guy posted if na lie post your own.. cool

[s][/s]
Hahahahaha! Why so late, I have been waiting for masturbation since, you even compare trash woth asokoro and Ikoyi
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by mandax: 2:57pm On May 22, 2016
Abagworo:

You gave the answer in 1st paragraph.

Having good roads, steady light, access to clean water, standard of living of the people, or by recreational centers, security, service industry(hotels,good transport,eateries,mail, plaza)

When a state governor like your friend, Rochas Okorocha believes that only the state capital, Owerri, that houses less than 10% of population of entire Imo population, is worthy to be provided with modern development infrastructure, is he providing for the people all over the state?

From Okorocha's recent speeches to the media, every new day, Okorocha furthers his shrinking to being the Mayor of Owerri Metropolis, than being the governor of Imo state.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by quickly: 2:59pm On May 22, 2016
All of the above are not advanced. Most parts of LAgos looks like slum if not for a progressive gov like fashola
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by asha90: 2:59pm On May 22, 2016
Haba why you dey vex nah? I said post your own pix let us compare it to the one the guy posted. Is that why you dey vex? Let pix speak.. cheesy

Enesi47:
Hahahahaha! Why so late, I have been waiting for masturbation since, you even compare trash woth asokoro and Ikoyi
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by freshdude99(m): 3:00pm On May 22, 2016
onomefm:
Warri and Asaba should be on the top 10.
Pls where for Asaba abeg bcz I have been here since November last year, nothing to show off in this place o. Just one road, nnebisi road and that's all. Boring town, no good drainage system...
I can keep making bro, am sorry if it gets some people upset but its the bitter truth. Had I known I for just served for Anambra honestly. Am so disappointed with Asaba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

MC Tagwaye Meets Abdul’aziz Musa Yar’adua, Umaru's Younger Brother / A Wounded Soldier Salutes The COAS On His Sick Bed -photo / President-Elect Bola Tinubu Moves Into Defense House, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.