Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,399 members, 7,800,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. (90274 Views)

Oyo Building Most Advanced Silos In Nigeria (Photos) / 6 Infrastructurally Most Backward States In Nigeria/geopolitical Zone / Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by scholes0(m): 5:20pm On May 22, 2016
booqee:
lol why do u guys always use that line that you've been there before, when u want to make a point.. its clear you're a liar..u never travelled out of mbaise

hahahahhahahaa.....

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Billiondoe: 5:23pm On May 22, 2016
1. Agodi Gardens, Agodi.
2. Premier Hotel, Mokola Hill
3. Capital Building, Adeoyo RoundAbout
4. Ibadan Praise singers playing the Sékérè

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by scholes0(m): 5:23pm On May 22, 2016
AKURE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by MduZA: 5:25pm On May 22, 2016
Abagworo:

Nigerian cities have little to boast about when brought at per with even 3rd world cities in South Africa. Abuja to an extent is okay but the outlying districts betray the core. It is already turning to typical Naija at the outlying areas and satelite towns.

Actually even the fourth world cities in Zimbabwe are much better...i
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by scholes0(m): 5:25pm On May 22, 2016
AKURE OYEMEKUN

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by scholes0(m): 5:26pm On May 22, 2016
MduZA:

Actually even the fourth world cities in Zimbabwe are much better...i

Oh pls, spare us the talk..
The only things in Zimbo are Bulawayo and Harare.
Nigeria has over 75 cities of over 100,000 people... do you think it is a joke to develop all of them?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by comrChris(m): 5:27pm On May 22, 2016
mandarin:
Nigerian youths(many are actually children). In term of infrastructures in Nigeria, Abuja city is number 1. When you begin to break it down as per states then maybe you can begin to compare FCT with Lagos.Even the Dutse Alhaji I saw in the list of slums displayed by someone is now a really fast developing town.
If you pick Lagos after Abuja, then you can begin to look at the next city. As someone who has traveled Nigeria, you will be pressed between large and small cities; large like Ibadan, Kano, Kaduna and small cities like Porthacourt, Enugu, Ilorin, Akure, Owerri and calabar, sokoto, Gombe, Abeokuta, Zaria
Challenging cities such as Aba, Umuahia, Ogbomoso, Oyo, Onitsha, Okene, otta,Warri,Maiduguri, Bauchi, Ilesa, Ife,
Much smaller cities like Minna, Ondo, Ado Ekiti, Uyo, Asaba, Osogbo, Ijebu Ode
You see, these are in different categories and it may be difficult to categorize them together. There are also emerging cities like Lafia, Lokoja, Katsina,Gusau, Nsukka, Abakaliki etc
They are faced with different challenges and are at different socioeconomic.
you are definitely high on what l don't know,ado ekiti ahead of abakaliki? or is there any other ado ekiti in Nigeria? pls this show you are not a traveller.....abakaliki infra structurally is way ahead of ado ekiti
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by comrChris(m): 5:28pm On May 22, 2016
mandarin:
Nigerian youths(many are actually children). In term of infrastructures in Nigeria, Abuja city is number 1. When you begin to break it down as per states then maybe you can begin to compare FCT with Lagos.Even the Dutse Alhaji I saw in the list of slums displayed by someone is now a really fast developing town.
If you pick Lagos after Abuja, then you can begin to look at the next city. As someone who has traveled Nigeria, you will be pressed between large and small cities; large like Ibadan, Kano, Kaduna and small cities like Porthacourt, Enugu, Ilorin, Akure, Owerri and calabar, sokoto, Gombe, Abeokuta, Zaria
Challenging cities such as Aba, Umuahia, Ogbomoso, Oyo, Onitsha, Okene, otta,Warri,Maiduguri, Bauchi, Ilesa, Ife,
Much smaller cities like Minna, Ondo, Ado Ekiti, Uyo, Asaba, Osogbo, Ijebu Ode
You see, these are in different categories and it may be difficult to categorize them together. There are also emerging cities like Lafia, Lokoja, Katsina,Gusau, Nsukka, Abakaliki etc
They are faced with different challenges and are at different socioeconomic.
you are definitely high on what l don't know,ado ekiti ahead of abakaliki? or is there any other ado ekiti in Nigeria? pls this show you are not a traveller.....abakaliki infra structurally is way ahead of ado ekiti .

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by scholes0(m): 5:28pm On May 22, 2016
comrChris:
you are definitely high on what l don't know,ado ekiti ahead of abakaliki? or is there any other ado ekiti in Nigeria? pls this show you are not a traveller.....abakaliki infra structurally is way ahead of ado ekiti

Stop deceiving yourself.
Abakaliki is waaay below Ado Ekiti in calibre.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by 400billionman: 5:32pm On May 22, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
The list should be

1. Lagos
2. Abuja
3. Port Harcourt
4. Enugu
5. Ibadan
6. Kaduna
7. Calabar
8. Kano
9. Uyo
10. Owerri.

My opinion though

Anambra no dey your list ?
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by scholes0(m): 5:39pm On May 22, 2016
Akure

Hope you guyz are seeing what real infrastructure is ....
Not all those untidy glorified hamlets you guyz are hyping in the east.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by MrAnalyst: 5:44pm On May 22, 2016
People uploading strange pictures. Still maintain Enugu metropolis after Chime's administration floors most of this places being mentioned here. Happy Sunday.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by mercyville: 5:46pm On May 22, 2016
ceejaynnaji:
The Enugu I know,pride of the easth
lol....most of those pix are not Enugu.Does Enugu have monorail?That road is a northern road.The pix is on a thread on nairaland.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by OBAFEMIawolowo: 5:51pm On May 22, 2016
Umuahia

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by asha90: 5:54pm On May 22, 2016
Chidiebere my man..I am still pained you did not put Aba or Abia state on the list! cheesy

OBAFEMIawolowo:
Umuahia

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by CUM4WHAT(m): 5:57pm On May 22, 2016
Billiondoe:
PHOTOS OF IBADAN
1. Palms Mall, Ring Road 2. First Bank, Dugbe 3. Challenge Roundabout at night. 4. Cultural Center, Mokola.
More pictures coming.....
so u from ibadan?
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 22, 2016
Adaure4ever:
1) Ibadan ahead of Onitsha, Uyo, Awka and Owerri? Are you joking or what?
2) Kaduna ahead of Kano? Wtf
how did you rate this crap?
In my own rating.
1. Lagos
2. Abuja
3. Port Harcourt
4. Enugu
5. Calabar

funny to compare Onitsha, Awka and Owerri to Ibadan. No argument, please take a week and visit the 3 cities, be sure to drive round and come back and tell us the same thing above. Must everything be argued for the sake of it? Meanwhile I was in those cities last month, so I think I know what I'm saying.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Abagworo(m): 6:05pm On May 22, 2016
scholes0:

Nigeria has over 75 cities of over 100,000 people... do you think it is a joke to develop all of them?

2 solid cities of 50k is better than 75 slums of 200k people.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by MduZA: 6:08pm On May 22, 2016
scholes0:

There is only one city in Nigeria,Lagos...the rest are towns...
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by scholes0(m): 6:10pm On May 22, 2016
Abagworo:

2 solid cities of 50k is better than 75 slums of 200k people.

That is why Zimbabwe's economy is larger than Nigeria's na.
Because their 2 cities of 50k is better than Nigeria's 100 cities of 100,000.

angry
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by scholes0(m): 6:11pm On May 22, 2016
MduZA:

There is only one city in Nigeria,Lagos...the rest are towns...

Excuse me.... a City is simply a large town, and Nigeria has plenty of that.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by mercyville: 6:14pm On May 22, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
This pix isn't ibadan
lol...you don dey swoon.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by OBAFEMIawolowo: 6:17pm On May 22, 2016
mercyville:
lol...you don dey swoon.
that pix is heritage part ojota/ketu axis.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by thedio(m): 6:20pm On May 22, 2016
Adaure4ever:
there is nothing in ibadan, I have been to ibadan before so you will not tell me about the city.
It is an unorganised city with many ancient houses that looks like it wanna collapse, rusted zincs, dusty roads, and there are many slums in it.
Akure is even managable than ibadan.
Ibadan is popular mainly because it was the capital of the western region.
if truly u av been 2 d city of ib u wil know beta than d crab u posted here mind u those mud houses were build b4 and during colonial era while ur fore fathers were living in thick forest and covering their ass wit banana leaves

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by santori: 6:22pm On May 22, 2016
Ikechu68:

Do not insult delta again. Never insult any part of Delta EVER AGAIN. Not one single part of Delta is as remotely disgusting as Ibadan. I won't lie, we have our slums too but to even dare say Ibadan is more developed than cities in Delta, you have to be very high on some cheap meth. It might hold a candle over the villages but cities? You people make me laugh. Don't insult us again ooo

which delta are you talking about? even warri the most developed part of delta is an eyesore despite all the oil money. which part of delta can you compare with auchi , talk more benin city just next door to warri

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by comrChris(m): 6:23pm On May 22, 2016
scholes0:

Stop deceiving yourself.
Abakaliki is waaay below Ado Ekiti in calibre.
pls have you been to abakaliki? I'm presently in ado ekiti on a visit, l know every where in ado,fajuyi,basiri,okesa,okeila,bank road,nova,ajilosun,adebayo etc..ado is filled with useless houses,mud houses taking greater percentage,not in anyway planned..pls abakaliki is well planned with good streets and standard houses and by far better than ado

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by hoodmenconcept(m): 6:28pm On May 22, 2016
Ilovemystate:
Onitsha

Lol... photoshop is charge!
grin grin shocked shocked grin cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Harwehroh1(f): 6:32pm On May 22, 2016
jst dunno y sum pple get jealous anytym IB is mentioned. I was born, bred, nd buttered in IB nd i still dnt claim ive been to all parts. Yes... dats ow big it is.u cant jst visit ib for few days / mnths nd claim u knw ib. it depends on d area... prob d person u came to visit isnt fortunate to live sumwia beta. ib is a beautiful city. YES... IT DESERVES TO BE ON D LIST

5 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by adimsmt: 6:40pm On May 22, 2016
[quote author=Adaure4ever post=45852872]1) Ibadan ahead of Onitsha, Uyo, Awka and Owerri? Are you joking or what?
2) Kaduna ahead of Kano? Wtf
how did you rate this crap?
In my own rating.
1. Lagos
2. Abuja
3. Port Harcourt
4. Enugu
5. Calabar

[/quote

Onitsha is one of the most built up cities in Nigeria, the problem with Onitsha are the lack of organization and beautification. If Anambra state government would carry out this two things in Onitsha, believe me, Onitsha will stand out as one of the best in Nigeria. Onitsha has some of this European city look if cleaned up.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 22, 2016
booqee:
lol why do u guys always use that line that you've been there before, when u want to make a point.. its clear you're a liar..u never travelled out of mbaise
first of all, am not from mbaise, secondly, I have been to ibadan and stayed there for over 2months.
I repeat there is nothing attractive in ibadan city and the city need an urban renewal.
U got it? Madam sharp mouth.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 22, 2016
No methodology.. Na wa o.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Amberon11: 6:50pm On May 22, 2016
I will forgive your ignorance. It is okay to dream.
mercyville:

Yes,even without oil,Ibadan beats PH infrastructurally.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Jide Tinubu Slumped & Died Of Heart Attack / Evidence Of How Rivers State Was Rigged - David Hundeyin / Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.