Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,524 members, 7,801,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. (10831 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Nairaland Literature Section Awards 2014..... Your Thoughts. / What Are Your Thoughts On This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 12, 2009
there,s something i use to worry about, my taste in music, while my friends where listening to all kinds of raps and hip hop, even though i use to listen as well, it didn,t get me as much as, what, some call white music. my friends will look at me speechless, jumping to pet shop boys, even when i,d never set foot on oyinbo man country then. and i always wonder, why my own different? imagine me listening to tom snare,s philosophy and actually feeling it, i use to hide it back then, using earphones to listen to deepforest and co, but now i don,t give a fukc, i got them, blasting in my car every now n then. just a thought.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by sino(m): 3:36pm On Dec 23, 2009
i've got crazy thoughts lately, wishing i had supernatural powers, how life would have been so wonderful. well i dont believe in the notion which states that: "with great powers comes great responsibilities", my powers are for my personal gains. call me selfish, nature is too, and its all man for himself.im really interested in teleportation & invisibility, that is where the fun is. cool
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by adebayo201: 3:45pm On Dec 23, 2009
Where una don go resurrect diz thread
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by sino(m): 3:50pm On Dec 23, 2009
lol from the bottom lol
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by chiogo(f): 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2009
LOL Yay!!!! I was too lazy to resurrect the thread from the bottom tongue How are y'all preparing for Christmas? Can't wait!!

My thoughts: Looking forward to getting loads of Christmas gifts. Aye!!! smiley
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by ravenzord(m): 1:46am On Dec 24, 2009
Ok. . . Sino's done a good job resurrecting this thread,gotta try 2 kip it afloat.

My thought 4 2day:
How come Chiogo's expecting so many gifts and I'm definitely not getting any? tongue

Ok,seriously,my thought's on Xmas. . .I've recieved so many texts talking bout remembering the reason 4 d season,and I can't help but remember that the celebration was originally a Nordic festival where the pagans feasted in celebration of a new year. Now I'm sure this isn't the reason 4 the season all my folks have been reminding me about,but my question is; Does the pagan origin of d celebration automatically negate it's Christian validity as the Jehovah's Witnesses would have us believe,or is it only our motives 4 celebrating that matter? Whatever d answer sha,I must party on that Xmas day,and I won't mind gifts either,strictly of the monetary kind. . .recharge cards will be considered. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by chiogo(f): 5:21pm On Dec 24, 2009
Aww, no gifts for you?
LOL you're not supposed to ask for monetary gifts, it's Christmas!! tongue

As to your question, only our motives for celebrating Christmas should matter. Yes oo, I'm getting ready for all the food I'll be dealing with tomorrow grin

Merry Christmas!!!, Y'all.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by ravenzord(m): 11:55am On Jan 02, 2010
Hey, I'm getting kinda tired of having to resurrect this thread over and over again, my name's Ravenzord not Jesus tongue.
K, Happy New Year all ye my fellow thinkers,how did your 2009 end? Were your resolutions kept? Were your goals met? Did you feel fulfilled at the end of the year? Personally I don't really do resolutions,but last year I decided to talk less and listen more,and I succeeded. I also found out that when you don't talk much, you make far more sense than other blabbermouths when you finally decide to talk. Do I feel fulfilled? Not really, but I don't feel unfulfilled either, I feel. . .just there. Didn't even know when I crossed into the new year,was too busy facing my peppersoup. This brings me to my dumbass question for the day: Do you feel any different for changing years? Do you think there's too much hype about the New Year? Afterall the Muslims had their New Year months ago. Answers. . .

P.S: Y'all should resolve not to let this thread die again, let your thoughts take flight here. Paix
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by sofadj(m): 12:09am On Jan 31, 2010
this thread shuld be permanently on the top of the list
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by sofadj(m): 6:26am On Jan 31, 2010
SERIOUSLY WE YOUTHS NEED TO DO SOMETHING!

"Nigeria can't be better" Have you ever heard someone say this? i'm sure your answer would be "Yes".
A couple of weeks ago, I had a conversation with an elderly man. He made a statement and I quote " I dont pray for Nigeria to be good in my time" Those that were around and heard those words laughed at his utterance and clowned it off. For a minute I was baffled at how much hope has been lost in the country. I ruminated on his statement for a while, how could a country be so hopeless that even prayers have stopped flowing to God concerning her. I wept in my heart for the nation. The next minute I was ferocious at the man in my mind.
Just when I was about to make a curse in my mind for him not to witness Nigeria being good i was jerked into a new realization. I caught the sense in what he said. The man was only being realistic. All other things being equal, under the normal passage of time and life an elderly man(like his) will exit this world before a youth(like moi).
If the worst is to become of the country in the near future he might not even be a witness to it. Just as he wasnt hoping to witness Nigeria being better he certainly wouldnt consider being alive if things grow from bad to worst. The same does not apply to me. Whatever happens in Nigeria today determines what holds of the country in the future.My heart beat raced and i became scared for my future that of Nigerian youths in general.

Many of us have predicted the worst of conditions in the country in the future. Recently a private organization predicted Nigeria's collapse come 2030. If all these predictions come to past, who is going to bear the calamity- the youth of today.
The leaders/elders of today by then would have supposedly passed on. The greedy politicians of today would have left all they acquired during their lifetime, including national debt, distrust , for us to inherit.

Sad indeed it is unfortunatly, that the youth of today fail to reason in this path.
The alienation syndrome in the youths of today has not helped the matter and in fact is a major contributing factor to the act of withdrawal from national issues - issues that will shape their future. Many of our youths are concerned more with the affairs of the western world than indigenous. From entertainment even to politics.
The largely intense desire to exit the country ofcourse is another issue worth mentioning.
The truth is that no matter how much the craving for western migration is , the great percentage of us will remain here in Nigeria, and even those that leave will not amount to much in the foreign land because of their insignificance(number).

Something happened in a higher institution of recent. A man(aristo) who dates young university ladies was mobbed and killed by some male students. The guys that perpetrated that act were arrested but they were not repentant. They believed they had done the right thing. Yes why would they be sober, they were protecting their future, they knew if all ladies were abused by these rich men there will be none left for them to marry in the future. Unfortunately these young male students will refuse to take actions when a more disastrous abuse is carried out by political office holders.

A Longtime ago, (cant remeber the year now) a pact was to be signed between Nigeria and another country. Ofcourse the agreement had a short term benefit for Nigeria but in the long run will better the lot of the other country. The then Nigeria youths rose and gathered in masses against the pact. Nigerian youths of today on the hand step aside from national issues as if these things dont concern them.
Ironically the onlly time youths make impact in Governance is during elections and sadly in a negative way. They are used as tools for electioneering, thuggery, rigging, e.t.c.

If only these political thugs know that they are tampering with their own future. Can someone please tell them that the poliicians that usually hire them for personal interests have their own children in foreign schools studying away from the unrest and mayhem that usually characterize our elections.

It is time for we youths to rise up and take control of our future. We cant let these old fools continue to abuse what will soon be ours. We've been dormant for too long.
It's time for sensitization.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by Scofield007(m): 6:52am On Jan 31, 2010
Back
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by ravenzord(m): 3:53am On Feb 16, 2010
@ sofa-dj: First off, thanks for resurrecting the thread, I've just been too busy to channel my thought processes into any form of writing, and I didn't have the heart to resurrect without some piece-writing.

Now to today's TOD: The Youth. The first question I'll have to ask is: 'Are there any young people anymore?' The answer is no, cos the youth are not labelled as such just cos of their age, youth is also a function of our view of life, the things we see as important. The youth are s'pozed to be optimistic, believe in the goodness of man, see life through rose-tinted glasses. Unfortunately the state of the society at the moment brings out the cynicism in all of us, zaps our youth, makes us all old before our time. The sad thing is that almost everyone has adopted the "if you can't beat'em you join'em" attitude. In the last SUG elections conducted in my school, a good friend of mine ran for the post of Financial Secretary and won, and he didn't even have to lie about having plans for the students, all he had to do was buy beer for as many people as possible, and all these people voted for him. This friend of mine intends to go into full time politics to, in his own words: "chop my part of the national cake", and I can't say I blame him, that's the norm. The problem with this country is our leaders, or lack of them, and I can guarantee you that if a million youths took to the streets today to peacefully protest anything it would have no effect, at least the last ASUU strike proved that. The people at the helm of affairs are more concerned with lining their pockets, and that's why recurrent expenditure is the major money-guzzler in our yearly budgets, while our hospitals are left unmanned and our schools are left unequipped. The fact is, even if we had a good man as president, he'd still have to answer to the godfathers who put him there and expect returns on their investments. It will be very difficult for a good government to arise from a corrupt system, so what we need is a complete overhaul of the present system, unfortunately I don't think we Nigerians are ready to get out of our comfort zones, we're too busy "managing". We keep praying for God to help us, forgetting that the voice of the people is the voice of God. May we help us, amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

6 Missed Calls!!!! A Must Read! / Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! / Common Proverbial Expressions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.