Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) (219802 Views)

Security Light Blinks, No Start / Lexus RX330 Rear Hatch Open Indicator Light And Buzzer Stays On / TCS Indicator Light On My Honda Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by waoosa(m): 6:33pm On Aug 19, 2009
NL,
Pls does anybody have an answer to blinking D indicator light in 2003 honda CRV.

I parked thecar and was not used for 2 days. Started it today and saw the light just blinking whether in park mode (P) or drive (D) mode or even in Nuetral(N)

1 Like

Re: Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by jenju(m): 7:13pm On Aug 19, 2009
woosa, long time, how are you? You need to have the CRV connected to a diagnostic tool that can read transmission problem codes.  It could be as simple as replacing a gear sensor, but the computer code will determine the real problem. If it is a sensor that needs to be replaced, make sure they reset the blinking D indicator after the work is done. Good luck.

If you disconnect the negative battery cable, the error code will be reset and the blinking should temporarily stop but the underlying problem will remain. I wouldn't wait long at all, to get the proglem code via a diagnostic tool and make the necessary repairs.

Cheers,
J

3 Likes

Re: Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by larryshow4(m): 8:09pm On Aug 19, 2009
@poster
Careful as your gear Oil needs attention, Probably you get to change the Gear Oil, as its in a dangerous mode having it blinking. I use to have my Honda Oddysea Gear "D4" blinks and my Mechanic told me that i might have ended up buying another gear, if i had not serviced the Gear, saying that the Gear oil has turned light and should've been changed.

2 Likes

Re: Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by waoosa(m): 12:59pm On Aug 20, 2009
Elder J and Larryshow,

Thanks. I did the Diagonistic test and result is P0748 pressure control SOL A. check electrical. am trying to google this now.
I actually disconnected the battry head overnight and the only thing solved is the correct odometer that came back. I posted something on this some weeks back. I mistakenly touched the reset button and kindoff rolled back the odometer to 8200 . now it is back to 078245. The correct reading.

Elder J, I still dey o. na Nigerdelta milantacy struggle dey keep biz low.

I will go for Gear oil replacement first. If problem persists after this, will you be able to get me the sensors from your end. I guess you know the car in question.
Re: Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by bigfather(m): 1:51pm On Aug 20, 2009
larryshow4:

@poster
Careful as your gear Oil needs attention, Probably you get to change the Gear Oil, as its in a dangerous mode having it blinking. I use to have my Honda Oddysea Gear "D4" blinks and my Mechanic told me that i might have ended up buying another gear, if i had not serviced the Gear, saying that the Gear oil has turned light and should've been changed.

That's kinda scary,mine is even off totaly for the past 3mths but it's still driving fine. undecided
Re: Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by waoosa(m): 2:04pm On Aug 20, 2009
Big Father, Is your own off or blinking?
Re: Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by larryshow4(m): 3:46pm On Aug 20, 2009
@bigfather,
Its possible for your D4 Light to be off, that your Fuse for the light on the dashboard to be faulty and that the light sensor does not come up, but i tell you, if its truly off and still driving, its dangerous. anyway, @Waoosa, try to change the gear oil and lets see what happens.

1 Like

Re: Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by jenju(m): 7:35pm On Aug 20, 2009
waoosa:

Elder J and Larryshow,

Thanks. I did the Diagonistic test and result is P0748 pressure control SOL A. check electrical. am trying to google this now.
I actually disconnected the battry head overnight and the only thing solved is the correct odometer that came back. I posted something on this some weeks back. I mistakenly touched the reset button and kindoff rolled back the odometer to 8200 . now it is back to 078245. The correct reading.

Elder J, I still dey o. na Nigerdelta milantacy struggle dey keep biz low.

I will go for Gear oil replacement first. If problem persists after this, will you be able to get me the sensors from your end. I guess you know the car in question.

woosa, P0748 shows that there is a pressure control issue within the transmission. Have your mechanic test all 4 pressure control solenoids on your car, they may find that one or more of them is defective, if so, you replace that item. On the other hand all pressure control solenoids may be fine, in which case they must troubleshoot what is causing the loss of pressure.

If you need any part that is not readily available in your locality, just call me and I'll get it across to you. You've been a good customer and partner, that's the least I can do for you. smiley

Cheers,
J

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by waoosa(m): 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2009
Elder J and larry show,
Thank you very much for your suggestions. I must start to say you helped in cooling my mind first.

Today being saturday, I called my mechanic to my house. Yes I refused to drive the car to his place.

Before he came, I have already checked my transmission oil and found out it wasn't low or dirty. no specks or any black debris on it. and no water.
When he arrived I carried out another diagonostics test in his presence and pointed out that it is an electrical problem and pointing to one of the solenoids or sensors. Men the gear box of this car 2003 Honda CRV has about 10 or more sensors attached to it. Maybe this is the reason people used to say Honda baby boy has gearbox problem and not really checking the fault could be like what I experinced stated below.

He removed the filter and the first sensor we saw already has its wire choped off. apparently by the MONSTER rats[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color] in my compound. On reconnecting the wire and sockets back, the blinking light has disappeared.

Jenju/Larryshow/bigfather, thank you very much.

Elder J, expect business calls from me soon. We having started sensing peace here now.

1 Like

Re: Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by ptconsults(m): 4:41pm On Feb 11, 2010
wasso i have 3 units of 20accord and 1 2009 accord
toks and registered with mileages below 11k on all and the registered is just 7k [bought brand new]

1 Like

Re: Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by Nicholdave(m): 5:02pm On Mar 02, 2010
Hi everyone; it's really good to know that help can be within reach with any auto issue on this forum.
My Mitsubishi Lancer gear selector indicator also started flashing 'N' (Neutral) when the drive or reverse gear is being used.
While it does this, the gear doesn't really select, but rather drives at very low speed with the engine revving. At first, switching off the engine for a while fixes this temporarily, but now, it hardly solves the problem.
My mechanic just told me it's an electric problem involving the gear box and the expert is asking for 10K to fix it.
Please does anyone have a clue on this issue? Are they trying to rip me off?
We could consider the fact that the engine was recently replaced with another fairly used one; does this have any relation to the problem?
Re: Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by choice2(m): 6:46pm On Sep 22, 2011
Can anybody link me up with a good Honda CRV mechanic in Lagos. Thanks
Re: Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by obaf(m): 5:43pm On Jul 25, 2012
pLEASE eLDER j, WHERE IS YOUR WORKSHOP, I HAVE THESE GEAR SENSOR PROBLEM NOW, HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET IT. MY MECHANIC SAID HE'S BEEN TO OYINGBO AND LADIPO BUT NO RESULT. PLS IF ANY ONE KNOWS ANY GOOD MECHANIC THAT CAN HELP TOO. THANKS
Re: Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by ayomury: 9:39am On Apr 26, 2013
My Honda CRV 2004 drive light just started flashing on motion even when I shift to a lower gear, the D light still keeps flashing.
While it does this, the gear doesn't really select, but rather drives at very low speed with the engine revving. At first, switching off the engine for a while fixes this temporarily, but now, it hardly solves the problem. My mechanic is telling me that i need to replace my gear
Re: Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by patrickbriggs17: 11:57pm On Oct 10, 2013
ayo.mury:
My Honda CRV 2004 drive light just started flashing on motion even when I shift to a lower gear, the D light still keeps flashing.
While it does this, the gear doesn't really select, but rather drives at very low speed with the engine revving. At first, switching off the engine for a while fixes this temporarily, but now, it hardly solves the problem. My mechanic is telling me that i need to replace my gear
u need to inspect all the gear wires
Re: Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by gbadaniyi(m): 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
Naija are forms of Tokunbo$ used cars. And Tokunbo cars always come with one key, due to advancement of technology of the censor/ programming keys and so call smart key, push/ press bolting. U will need to make a duplicate of ur car key, which as to be programmed by electronic machine, diagonis and computerize on d immobilizer of d car.
MAKE YOUR SPARE KEY AT Am saab KEY CLINIC
Call on 08077983808
Re: Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by micdipo: 10:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
My security red light stop blinking in my Accord instrument dashboard. What do I do to fix it
Re: Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by honmusa(m): 5:41am On Dec 06, 2016
micdipo:
My security red light stop blinking in my Accord instrument dashboard. What do I do to fix it
if I were you ,I will open a fresh thread to get more attention.
Re: Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by peejay4vision(m): 6:22am On May 20, 2017
My Honda Accord 1998 model blinks D4 light continually and I noticed it drags and starts when in any gear. Please I need urgent solution.
Re: Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by greatrexlaw: 10:44am On Jun 13, 2017
My 2001 Honda Accord automatic drive slips quickly and jerk at the same time when changing from speed 1-2, it also gives a jerking sound when returning to speed 1 from 2, I had only seen the D4 light blink ounce and it went off ever since. Kindly help what steps to take to fixing this problem.
Re: Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by segun23(m): 2:21am On Jun 20, 2017
jenju:
woosa, long time, how are you? You need to have the CRV connected to a diagnostic tool that can read transmission problem codes.  It could be as simple as replacing a gear sensor, but the computer code will determine the real problem. If it is a sensor that needs to be replaced, make sure they reset the blinking D indicator after the work is done. Good luck.

If you disconnect the negative battery cable, the error code will be reset and the blinking should temporarily stop but the underlying problem will remain. I wouldn't wait long at all, to get the proglem code via a diagnostic tool and make the necessary repairs.

please I am having similar issue the d light is blinking while driving so I run scan on it and it gave me p0717 so I what to know after replacing how do I reprogram it for the computer to see the new vss
Cheers,
J

1 Like

Re: Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by GOFON(m): 5:52pm On Jul 24, 2017
@LARRY,

Please help. my 2007 Honda Civic is also having a blinking light on D. i have changed the gear oil and even tried a new gear switch, all to no avail.
please help
Re: Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) by mayor2013: 7:02pm On Jul 24, 2017
GOFON:
@LARRY,

Please help. my 2007 Honda Civic is also having a blinking light on D. i have changed the gear oil and even tried a new gear switch, all to no avail.
please help

Scan your car. Get your scan result and have it posted here. If you are in Lagos and need to fix the problem call 08156087872 or 08165520837

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

BMW Owners' Forum / Club-Lexus / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.