Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,042 members, 7,807,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Foiled: Cecilia Ibru’s Attempt To Flee In Jimoh Ibrahim’s Jet; Bank Mds Declared - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foiled: Cecilia Ibru’s Attempt To Flee In Jimoh Ibrahim’s Jet; Bank Mds Declared (2936 Views)

Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV / Video: Insurgents Flee In Multitude As Military Bombards Sambisa Stronhhold / Cbn Threatens To Sack More Bank Mds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foiled: Cecilia Ibru’s Attempt To Flee In Jimoh Ibrahim’s Jet; Bank Mds Declared by asha80(m): 7:56pm On Aug 19, 2009
FOILED: Cecilia Ibru’s Attempt To Flee In Jimoh Ibrahim’s Jet; Bank MDs Declared Wanted-PM News
Written by Tony Orilade/Abuja & Tokunbo Olajide
Wednesday, 19 August 2009 12:22

Cecilia Ibru
Dr. Mrs. Cecilia Ibru, the sacked managing director of Oceanic Bank, would have successfully fled the country to avoid being investigated about on her level of involvement in running down Oceanic Bank, if not for the eagle eyes of the security operatives at the airport, seaports and borders.

Security sources informed P.M.News in Abuja this morning that Mrs. Ibru attempted to escape on Monday night, but was stopped by the State Security Service (SSS).

According to our sources, Mrs. Ibru planned to fly away to Ghana with a private jet allegedly owned by Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim, Chief Executive Officer, NICON group.

This action, it was gathered, necessitated a presidential directive that all the affected officials of the five banks, should not only be stopped from travelling abroad, but that their international passports should be seized by the relevant agencies pending the outcome of investigations into their cases.

The EFCC spokesman, Femi Babafemi, this morning in a telephone interview, confirmed the arrest of 11 chieftains of the resuscitated Skye Bank, adding that anyone who fails to honour the commission’s invitation will be arrested at the close of work today.

“We want to believe they are all gentlemen, but any of them who becomes ungentlemanly will be treated as such,” he said.

In an exclusive interview with P.M.News yesterday, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, said, “there has been serious pressure from the chieftains of the affected banks and highly placed individuals like businessman, politicians and traditional rulers, calling on the president to force me to rescind my decision. But the president told me never to be deterred. He is solidly behind my action.”

Sanusi regretted that in a country of 140 million population, our children have no role models or decent people to look up to.

He said: “The way things are going, if we had not taken the action we took, our children will grow up to discover that honesty and hard work do not pay. They will just believe that the best way to rob a bank is to set up one, allow stakeholders and depositors to put in money and thereafter announce the collapse of the bank and do away with the funds. In my time as CBN governor, I will not allow it.”

Meanwhile, following the arrest of the CEOs and directors of Finbank, Union Bank and Afribank, the anti-graft agency has declared wanted Mr. Erastus Akingbola and Mrs. Cecilia Ibru of Intercontinental and Oceanic banks respectively.

An EFCC source confirmed to P.M.News this morning that the two bank bosses and their directors were declared wanted after they failed to honour an invitation by the agency for them to report for questioning yesterday.

The 24-hour grace given to them expired last night, thus, the EFCC has launched a manhunt for Akingbola and Ibru as well as their directors who are believed to have gone underground to avoid arrest.

P.M.News, however, learnt that Akingbola yesterday instituted a legal suit for his reinstatement as the Chief Executive of Intercontinental Bank Plc.

A Federal High Court sitting in Lagos granted the embattled bank chief leave to apply for a judicial review of his removal last Friday by the CBN.

In the substantive suit where the CBN and its governor, Sanusi, are joined as defendants, Akingbola is seeking among other things, N50 billion as exemplary damages against the respondents.

http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3503:foiled-cecilia-ibrus-attempt-to-flee-in-jimoh-ibrahims-jet-bank-mds-declared-wanted-pm-news&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18
Re: Foiled: Cecilia Ibru’s Attempt To Flee In Jimoh Ibrahim’s Jet; Bank Mds Declared by Fhemmmy: 8:00pm On Aug 19, 2009
Na wa oh.
hard work in Nigeria never pay, na crookism pays
Re: Foiled: Cecilia Ibru’s Attempt To Flee In Jimoh Ibrahim’s Jet; Bank Mds Declared by JamesG: 8:15pm On Aug 19, 2009
If she has nothing to hide why is she running from the EFCC - maybe the EFCC will do right by the the people of Nigeria for once. My gut feeling, however, is that she will be let go with no charges.
Re: Foiled: Cecilia Ibru’s Attempt To Flee In Jimoh Ibrahim’s Jet; Bank Mds Declared by Fhemmmy: 8:28pm On Aug 19, 2009
JamesG:

If she has nothing to hide why is she running from the EFCC - maybe the EFCC will do right by the the people of Nigeria for once. My gut feeling, however, is that she will be let go with no charges.

Your guess is as good as mine
Re: Foiled: Cecilia Ibru’s Attempt To Flee In Jimoh Ibrahim’s Jet; Bank Mds Declared by blacksta(m): 8:54pm On Aug 19, 2009
JamesG:

No be Naija - Historical records clearly shows if are rich u are unlikely to be prosecuted.
Re: Foiled: Cecilia Ibru’s Attempt To Flee In Jimoh Ibrahim’s Jet; Bank Mds Declared by lannre(m): 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2009
I have a dream that one day- a Sanusi will become Nigeria President and Dare the so call elites. Their family keep on oppressing the poor masses.
Re: Foiled: Cecilia Ibru’s Attempt To Flee In Jimoh Ibrahim’s Jet; Bank Mds Declared by MrCrackles(m): 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2009
I am glad the move was foiled. . . .She definitely has something to hide!
Re: Foiled: Cecilia Ibru’s Attempt To Flee In Jimoh Ibrahim’s Jet; Bank Mds Declared by vigasimple(m): 10:19pm On Aug 19, 2009
lannre:

I have a dream that one day- a Sanusi will become Nigeria President and Dare the so call elites. Their family keep on oppressing the poor masses.

I have no doubt in my mind that one day your dream will come through but very many years before that, I dare say maybe not even in your own lifetime that the dream will come through. Nightmare is all we can expect in many years to come.

But for the sake of ordinary Nigerians that your dream and our aspiration of good governance and leadership comes very quickly.

NIGERIA; GOOD PEOPLE, GREAT COUNTRY, AWFUL LEADERSHIP grin grin grin
Re: Foiled: Cecilia Ibru’s Attempt To Flee In Jimoh Ibrahim’s Jet; Bank Mds Declared by bawomolo(m): 10:42pm On Aug 19, 2009
bad leadership for over 40 years has to be fed and kept alive by bad or subservient people.
Re: Foiled: Cecilia Ibru’s Attempt To Flee In Jimoh Ibrahim’s Jet; Bank Mds Declared by otokx(m): 5:17am On Aug 20, 2009
Cecilia Ibru

Best banker no barawo of the year

Best female banker no female barawo of the year

Why do you want to run?

Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim should be arrested as an accomplice and his private jet seized immediately
Re: Foiled: Cecilia Ibru’s Attempt To Flee In Jimoh Ibrahim’s Jet; Bank Mds Declared by Nobody: 5:37am On Aug 20, 2009
In the substantive suit where the CBN and its governor, Sanusi, are joined as defendants, Akingbola is seeking among other things, N50 billion as exemplary damages against the respondents.

The guy wan start another bank ne? shocked
Re: Foiled: Cecilia Ibru’s Attempt To Flee In Jimoh Ibrahim’s Jet; Bank Mds Declared by otokx(m): 5:44am On Aug 20, 2009
yes o inside jail
Re: Foiled: Cecilia Ibru’s Attempt To Flee In Jimoh Ibrahim’s Jet; Bank Mds Declared by aieromon(m): 6:53am On Aug 20, 2009
Cecilia Ibru-to think i used to look up to you as a role model.
I hereby dis-rolemodel you angry
Re: Foiled: Cecilia Ibru’s Attempt To Flee In Jimoh Ibrahim’s Jet; Bank Mds Declared by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 20, 2009
In an exclusive interview with P.M.News yesterday, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, said, “there has been serious pressure from the chieftains of the affected banks and highly placed individuals like businessman, politicians and traditional rulers, calling on the president to force me to rescind my decision. But the president told me never to be deterred. He is solidly behind my action.”

Sanusi regretted that in a country of 140 million population, our children have no role models or decent people to look up to.

He said: “The way things are going, if we had not taken the action we took, our children will grow up to discover that honesty and hard work do not pay. They will just believe that the best way to rob a bank is to set up one, allow stakeholders and depositors to put in money and thereafter announce the collapse of the bank and do away with the funds. In my time as CBN governor, I will not allow it.”
This guy dey try o. Since Friday, he's been granting interviews here and there. Does he sleep at all? It's not easy o grin

Anyway, I hope Yar'adua doesn't succumb to the pressure. Sanusi should resign if the president succumbs to pressure from these ''chieftains of the affected banks and highly placed individuals like businessman, politicians and traditional rulers''
Re: Foiled: Cecilia Ibru’s Attempt To Flee In Jimoh Ibrahim’s Jet; Bank Mds Declared by puskin: 9:27am On Aug 20, 2009
Im afraid for Sanusi 'cos I don't trust Yar'Adull. That presido has so many question marks.
Re: Foiled: Cecilia Ibru’s Attempt To Flee In Jimoh Ibrahim’s Jet; Bank Mds Declared by kokoA(m): 10:24am On Aug 20, 2009
Is this true? undecided
Re: Foiled: Cecilia Ibru’s Attempt To Flee In Jimoh Ibrahim’s Jet; Bank Mds Declared by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 20, 2009
In an exclusive interview with P.M.News yesterday, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, said,

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hehehehehehe PM news wishes!!!
Interview with them indeed tongue
Re: Foiled: Cecilia Ibru’s Attempt To Flee In Jimoh Ibrahim’s Jet; Bank Mds Declared by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 20, 2009
nuzo:

The guy wan start another bank ne? shocked

You see as their mouth don wide shocked shocked N50 billion, If I see that kind money, I go faint o!!
Re: Foiled: Cecilia Ibru’s Attempt To Flee In Jimoh Ibrahim’s Jet; Bank Mds Declared by kokoA(m): 10:46am On Aug 20, 2009
aysometin:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hehehehehehe PM news wishes!!!
Interview with them indeed tongue

The thing surprise me to oh!

(1) (Reply)

Alh. Hamidu Buba, Dcg, Tariff And Trade, Nigerian Customs Service:what A Man! / Ibrahim Babajide Obanikoro Of The PDP Finally Declared Winner By Tribunal. / Sorry General Obasanjo, But It’s Already ‘too Late!’ – By Chinedu Ekeke, A Reply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.