Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. (7709 Views)

7 Ways Your Relationship Ought To Make You Better / Miss Nairaland 2016, Funny Pics You Can Relate To / Upcoming Miss Nairaland 2016 Edition Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by SucrePlum(f): 10:03pm On May 22, 2016
Evening fam smiley

This year's Miss Nairaland Contest is probably the biggest and the fiercest in terms of the cash prize, the controversy and the longevity. It's been one hell of a roller-coaster from one issue to another, starting from the Admin's unwillingness to let a betting company sponsor the event, to individual issues popping up in different camps but so far.... One thing hasn't been visited. One issue has been left to dangle for far too long and its nauseating to say the least! I would really love to address it, but at the risk of taking sides I'd rather not but just incase anyone needs to discuss it, feel free to chat up your favourite gossip girl via PM. smiley

Straight to my point, I'm gonna be stating Do's and Don't's for the contest so sit back, relax, be calculative and maybe you might be able to figure out why I decided to gist about this.

DON'T'S

Don't Vote For Someone Because She Is Your Friend: Yes! How will Nigeria move forward if we keep blaming those at the helm of govt for being corrupt when WE as the citizens are corruption-personified?
This is a beauty pageant not a celebration of friendship, the most deserving contestant should emerge as the winner. Do not vote for someone who is less deserving all because she is your friend and you want "your friend" to win. If your friend goofs at the end of the day, the joke will be on you because you knew she wasn't worthy but you let greed take over your conscience.

Don't Vote Based On First-come, First-serve Basis: YES! This is one of the biggest problems this pageant has been facing since day zero! Most nairalanders have this ego in them. They wait for who will ask them for votes first and when one contestant comes up, they stick to that contestant a loathe the rest simply because the rest haven't asked them. Have you stopped to think? Think about your own life outside this forum, you can't reachout to everyone even if you wanted to. Aside that, it has never been a criteria for winning a contest.
You as the voter, it is your right to put the contestants to scrutiny and decide whom you want to vote for (without making it public till the D-day) .

Don't Follow The WRONG Crowd: YES! In things like these, every contestant has a crowd. It is alright to follow the crowd in things like this but always make sure you're with the right bunch. Don't flow with those who only want the title for selfish interest or those who are looking for a means to get back at someone or some people for what ever reason it may be. Singularly scrutinise the candidates, pick the most deserving one (especially one with a Queenly Aura) and support her.

Don't Let Yourself Be Deceived: YES! This is for the bunch who don't have a choice. The ones who support a certain candidate simply because they were told to do so by their friend. Don't be deceived! Assuming NL was reality, would you root for someone less deserving all because your friend asked you to? Would you pick a faulty engine over a sound one? Would you pick a bad representative over a good one? Ladies should learn to get their priorities straight as they are meant to rally with someone who will be their face, someone who can represent them.

Don't Be Intimidated: Your team/candidate might not be a tough contender, but that doesn't mean you should loose hope in her! Support her as much as you can and if necessary, preach her gospel so that others can get to join in!

DO's

DO Remember That Its NOT A Do or Die Affair: YES! This one goes out to all those campaigners who resort to blackmailing other contestants so their candidate's popularity can soar. Remember, blowing off other peoples candles will not make yours shine brighter! If your candidate is well deserving, she will clinch the crown, you don't have to down play others.

Do Consider These things:

*The Candidates facial appearance

*The Candidates sense of style

*The Candidates eloquence

*The Candidates character

*The Candidates brilliance

If these points are not just taken into consideration but also applied, then I am positive, this year will be different, A deserving Queen will emerge. Miss Nairaland will be someone we can all be proud of.

XoXo.. wink wink

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by SucrePlum(f): 10:06pm On May 22, 2016
Special thanks to Seun for taking up sponsorship for this year, more ble$$ings to you sir! wink

Special thanks to Dygeasy, the host. Please give us a contest devoid of scandals/malpractice or questionable judgements. Remember, eyes will be on you sir. wink

Special thanks to all the contestants, wish you all the best of luck! smiley

Special thanks to lalasticlala, Dominique, mynd44 (I hope he doesn't ban me for mentioning him 3rd) grin and rocktation! You are the best mods seun ever haveth! gringrin

Gossip girl, signing out... cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by obiorathesubtle: 10:06pm On May 22, 2016
cheesy to add to your DO's op..

Vote for MIMzy..

Her cv contains everything listed..

Godbless!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by Stevostical(m): 10:09pm On May 22, 2016
Good advice I must say. But Op, you must be good at research ooo besides dis epistle long, as I take read am finish surprise me.
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 22, 2016
Ok......wink

#TEAMVVIPseatcheesygrin

1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by obiorathesubtle: 10:17pm On May 22, 2016
SANDOSKI:
Ok......wink

#TEAMVVIPseatcheesygrin

Hmmm.. Perfect time and place..
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:18pm On May 22, 2016
Una get time o

So op actually wrote all that because of miss nairaland.

Abi seun don dey pay una
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 22, 2016
na how much the 1st prize winner de collect?
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 22, 2016
U really have time,u have time.

When is Mr nairaland stuff coming up,i want to contest cheesy

#Team LANICKY

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by dollyjoy(f): 10:25pm On May 22, 2016
All those long notes for who?? It Lanicky or no other grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 22, 2016
Vote Mimzy for miss Nairaland 2016

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by dollyjoy(f): 10:26pm On May 22, 2016
Baifrabushboy,stublefred you guys should come and check this babe out,she be full package oooo. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by IamLEGEND1: 10:28pm On May 22, 2016
No dulling,sai mimzy!!!

9 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 22, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
Hmmm.. Perfect time and place..

gringrin You are right

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 22, 2016
SAI MIMZY! grin

9 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 22, 2016
I, OluwaJacksparrow have decided to follow and vote for LANICKY

No going back
If you believe in my gospel, join the train and let's do it together

God bless Seun
God bless Dygeasy
God Bless all Nairalanders
God Bless Lanicky

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by Rapmoney(m): 10:32pm On May 22, 2016
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by dollyjoy(f): 10:34pm On May 22, 2016
Leriebloom long time. kiss

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by MUVA(m): 10:35pm On May 22, 2016
Na MIMZY sure pass o.. grin

She's a PERFECT description of what the OP pointed out.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by dharay99: 10:35pm On May 22, 2016
grin grin
Thread turned into
a campaign z0ne shaparlly

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 22, 2016
Since it's a beauty contest, then Refiner shuld be crowned. She is d most beautiful among all d contestants. Pls Click like for refiner. She deserves the crown.

3 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 22, 2016
dollyjoy:
All those long notes for who?? It Lanicky or no other grin
Dis lanicky gurl fine sha kiss

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by Smellymouth: 10:39pm On May 22, 2016
SaiMimzy!!!!!! cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 22, 2016
cool

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by obiorathesubtle: 10:40pm On May 22, 2016
SANDOSKI:

gringrin You are right

grin Only God knows how many pictures you have on your phone..

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by dollyjoy(f): 10:40pm On May 22, 2016
prettythicksme:
Dis lanicky gurl fine sha kiss
She is really pretty. I dare not ask her type to accompany to bubu placecheesycheesycheesy.

Hope you will vote her sha??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by Smellymouth: 10:43pm On May 22, 2016
MUVA:
Na MIMZY sure pass o.. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by isacolukay(m): 10:44pm On May 22, 2016
Lanicky

Lanicky

[size=14pt]Lanicky[/size]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 22, 2016
She's beautiful cool

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 22, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
grin Only God knows how many pictures you have on your phone..

No mind me I dey use Nokia 3310...dey pictures plentygringrin

dollyjoy:
She is really pretty. I dare not ask her type to accompany to bubu placecheesycheesycheesy.

Hope you will vote her sha??
Lol,dont dare it oo.Her back tho shocked shocked she carry!
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 22, 2016
Vote for Brains packed with Beauty!

Vote For MIMZY as Miss Nairaland 2016!! wink

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Prefer Loose Pussy To Tight Pussy / What Will Happen If Your Crush Shows Up In This Situation? (pics). / Mob Strip Young Lady For Allegedly Robbing POS Operator With Toy Gun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.