Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. (7712 Views)

7 Ways Your Relationship Ought To Make You Better / Miss Nairaland 2016, Funny Pics You Can Relate To / Upcoming Miss Nairaland 2016 Edition Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by refiner(f): 5:51am On May 24, 2016
rosalieene:
out of all the contestants, I have noticed that refiner is very down to earth. Especially with the way she replies hateful comments.
....awwww......thanks dear!

Two wrongs can never make a right!...

top of the morning to you!smiley
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by rosalieene(f): 6:38am On May 24, 2016
refiner:
morning cutey pituri grin
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by ashewoboy(m): 8:47am On May 24, 2016
refiner:

refiner used to have bad mouth. Na this contest make her down to earthcheesy.

She usually rant that she is a virgin. Mayb she is not, anymore, that's why she stopped ranting.

#Isupportrefiner though.
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by Ls0fdk(m): 9:29am On May 24, 2016
berryice:
lol...Ok tanx for d info...they are all beautiful..eve.gran would ve been on d list too...she is pretty kiss
Yeah
Berryice would've been on the list too…she is pretty also
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by Swazzkid(m): 10:15am On May 24, 2016
Hmm. ....quick question what's dis miss nairaland all about? how many contestants are in for it? Emm....am I eligible to vote even though am a newbie here? how do I access dem so as to know d right person to vote for?
Kinda confused about d whole stuffs
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by Omolola1(f): 8:56am On May 25, 2016
EzePromoe:
@SucrePlum, Your post is so spot on that I couldn't agree less with it. The good qualities you mentioned here are all personified in MYSTICGAL. Now the details!
You said:

Evening fam smiley

This year's Miss Nairaland Contest is probably the biggest and the fiercest in terms of the cash prize, the controversy and the longevity. It's been one hell of a roller-coaster from one issue to another, starting from the Admin's unwillingness to let a betting company sponsor the event, to individual issues popping up in different camps but so far.... One thing hasn't been visited. One issue has been left to dangle for far too long and its nauseating to say the least! I would really love to address it, but at the risk of taking sides I'd rather not but just incase anyone needs to discuss it, feel free to chat up your favourite gossip girl via PM. smiley

Straight to my point, I'm gonna be stating Do's and Don't's for the contest so sit back, relax, be calculative and maybe you might be able to figure out why I decided to gist about this.

DON'T'S

Don't Vote For Someone Because She Is Your Friend: Yes! How will Nigeria move forward if we keep blaming those at the helm of govt for being corrupt when WE as the citizens are corruption-personified?
This is a beauty pageant not a celebration of friendship, the most deserving contestant should emerge as the winner. Do not vote for someone who is less deserving all because she is your friend and you want "your friend" to win. If your friend goofs at the end of the day, the joke will be on you because you knew she wasn't worthy but you let greed take over your conscience.
I've had no relationship with Mysticgal online or offline. Before she audited for this competition, there's been no sort of communication between us not even quoting of posts. The best I knew about her was that she was an intelligent critic and analyst of write ups in the Literature section, she helped upcoming novelists become better in what they loved doing best. When I saw her contesting I said "NO, but I'll have to leave the sideline to come and support her. This was what I would have done for Omolola1 in the previous contest if I hadn't missed out on the contest last year. Nothing captivates my mind than the sight of a beautiful lady saturated with intelligence. Beauty is not enough oil to power my mind with such ecstasy and intrigue.

Don't Vote Based On First-come, First-serve Basis: YES! This is one of the biggest problems this pageant has been facing since day zero! Most nairalanders have this ego in them. They wait for who will ask them for votes first and when one contestant comes up, they stick to that contestant a loathe the rest simply because the rest haven't asked them. Have you stopped to think? Think about your own life outside this forum, you can't reachout to everyone even if you wanted to. Aside that, it has never been a criteria for winning a contest.
You as the voter, it is your right to put the contestants to scrutiny and decide whom you want to vote for (without making it public till the D-day) .
Mysticgal was the second person to ask me for support and guess what. Her lobby wasn't half as emphatic and cajoling as that of the first lobby. I find her to be the prettiest of all the contestants coupled with her intelligence which I could relate too far before this contest.

Don't Follow The WRONG Crowd: YES! In things like these, every contestant has a crowd. It is alright to follow the crowd in things like this but always make sure you're with the right bunch. Don't flow with those who only want the title for selfish interest or those who are looking for a means to get back at someone or some people for what ever reason it may be. Singularly scrutinise the candidates, pick the most deserving one (especially one with a Queenly Aura) and support her.
To Mysticgal and her team, the crowd are those who're yet to get in touch with the inclination of the contest but will definitely appear on that day of contest to make their choices based on their sense of judgment. She has supporters for sure and she owes them all the gratitude she could give, but the crowd she is aimed at, are those aforementioned.

Don't Let Yourself Be Deceived: YES! This is for the bunch who don't have a choice. The ones who support a certain candidate simply because they were told to do so by their friend. Don't be deceived! Assuming NL was reality, would you root for someone less deserving all because your friend asked you to? Would you pick a faulty engine over a sound one? Would you pick a bad representative over a good one? Ladies should learn to get their priorities straight as they are meant to rally with someone who will be their face, someone who can represent them.
Noone has ever cajoled me into supporting any contestant in any competition. My support for Mysticgal hasn't been an exception either.

Don't Be Intimidated: Your team/candidate might not be a tough contender, but that doesn't mean you should loose hope in her! Support her as much as you can and if necessary, preach her gospel so that others can get to join in!
This message is definitely not for #TeamMysticgal. We weren't, aren't and will never be intimidated. For we to have separated from the much publicized contestants who are considered favourites by many for the crown and team base, shows how determined and resolute we are, going into this contest.

DO's

DO Remember That Its NOT A Do or Die Affair: YES! This one goes out to all those campaigners who resort to blackmailing other contestants so their candidate's popularity can soar. Remember, blowing off other peoples candles will not make yours shine brighter! If your candidate is well deserving, she will clinch the crown, you don't have to down play others.
We know this and Mysticgal reiterates this that she isn't desperate for the crown, but that doesn't mean she won't give it her best shot.We believe in the credibility of the contest, and we have confidence in Dygeasy, Mizmycoli and Co, to give us a worthwhile contest.

Do Consider These things:

*The Candidates facial appearance
Check
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3658813_img20160429wa0003_jpeg7063f6130ef4eeb7207539a44033958b
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3748574_img20160420232532_jpeg018dbd109eb952280fee51644ea43b2f

*The Candidates sense of style
Check
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3651911_img20160426wa0000_jpeg903807e0041ff4f9873ad145ea33ad6a

*The Candidates eloquence
I'll leave you with one of her sensational submissions to national issues.

*The Candidates character
You need to follow up in this forum so you can judge for yourself. Miss Princess is Tolerance personified. She isn't hostile to her critics, and she doesn't finds their line of thought odious, as she could understand that she needs them to bring the best out of her.

*The Candidates brilliance
I think I've said much on this. It can't be overemphasized. Just follow her up to see for yourself.

If these points are not just taken into consideration but also applied, then I am positive, this year will be different, A deserving Queen will emerge. Miss Nairaland will be someone we can all be proud of.
XoXo.. wink wink

Spot on Ezepromoe!

Oh and by the way, she's pretty

2 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by EzePromoe: 9:15am On May 25, 2016
Omolola1:

Spot on Ezepromoe!

Oh and by the way, she's pretty
Oh majestic queen of the pen. I'm really happy to have you as a guest. Thanks for the compliment.
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016. What You Ought To Know. by EzePromoe: 9:21am On May 25, 2016
Swazzkid:
Hmm. ....quick question
what's dis miss nairaland all about?
how many contestants are in for it?
Emm....am I eligible to vote even though am a newbie here?
how do I access dem so as to know d right person to vote for?

Kinda confused about d whole stuffs
Depends on how long the contest is dragged. If you can make more 46 comments on this forum before the contest starts, then you may be eligible. I hope you'll vote Mysticgal if you succeed? smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Big Boobs Eh I Wander How She Dey Feel Sef / The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be / Not All Prostitutes Are Human Being Guys Becareful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.