Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. (52702 Views)

4 Serious Businesses You Can Do As A Corp Member / 3 Corpers In Benue Found Missing Money & Returned It,NYSC DG Did This 4 Them / My Near Death Experience As A Prospective Stream II Corper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 11:13pm On May 22, 2016
I remember the first time I saw my call up letter,I felt like the whole world had trembled on my feet. I felt sad and angry, ready to pour out my anger on anybody who came my way.
I remember not being serious about the whole camp thing anymore. I remember buying all my things a day before leaving.
At first,I was a bit confused on how I was going to get to the camp in Benue state. I remember going to the NYSC section on NL searching for corp members who were posted to the same state. Luckily for me, I found a bunch of then and I was added to a whatsapp group which was created by one of the monikers.
I remember silently following the group up,hardly ever dropping comments. I found out they were going to be leaving on the 25th of April which was on a Monday, and as at Monday, I had not bought a thing, so I crossed traveling with them out of the plan..
My brother booked a flight for me to Enugu even if I kept telling him that Abuja was faster but he said no,that Enugu was closer. So he finally booked the flight on a Tuesday by 8am. I received a call from my uncle who works with the air force that there was an air force flight leaving for makurdi that Wednesday so I grabbed the opportunity.
I left for Benue the next day and I arrived in Makurdi less than an hour.

FIRST EXPERIENCE IN BENUE
When we landed in the air force base, I came down looking confused trying to call my uncle. And at that moment I heard a masculine voice.
"You, come here" I turned around to look at who was talking.
"Yea, are you not Valerie, D****a's niece?" he asked and I answered immediately,
"Yes I am" and that was when I got a text from my uncle telling me that his friend would help me down to Wannune.
My uncle's friend helped me with my extremely big box which I later started regretting I carried. While driving me down to wannune, his friend asked where I would be crashing that night, I told him that I would be sleeping in camp. He started asking questions like would they attend to me, telling me I could sleep in his place. I told him that they should attend to me. This was when the story changed. He told me my uncle didn't need to know and I just knew that something was up with this man. He started asking questions like why I was acting so uptight, asking if I had a boyfriend. I stared at him straight up and told him "i am not in a relationship and I would be okay when I get to camp", he dropped me without any further comments.

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by IamLEGEND1: 11:17pm On May 22, 2016
& ur point is?

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by ronald4lif(m): 11:18pm On May 22, 2016
Someone asked you if you could passed the night at his place and so? Na new thing?

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 11:32pm On May 22, 2016
SECOND EXPERIENCE IN BENUE
.I finally got to camp and we were later attended to in the evening. There was a massive cue that evening. I had to drag my big box around for screening and searching. All I can say is, it wasn't easy. We finally got our foams and we were assigned to our various hostels, I had to pay a boy to help me carry it down because of the distance. I paid the kid and arranged my bed. The foam was flat as a slate . My battery was already showing red and I had to climb up the hill to charge. I couldn't wait for it to charge up, so I told the guy charging that I would drop my power bank instead. An action I later regretted ,I would have dropped my phone instead.

I woke up early the next day which was on the 27th ,and prepared for registration that day. I put my phone in my left pocket and went up the hill to photocopy some things and this was when my phone got stolen, in the midst of the crowd. I noticed when I tried bringing out money to pay the guy at the photocopying center. My phone was gone. I tried calling it but it wasn't connecting, I was left without any means of communication.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Tocheagle(m): 11:33pm On May 22, 2016
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by ehix89(m): 11:38pm On May 22, 2016
Oya Kwantinew....grin.....i missed you around sha
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Emmyginger(m): 11:39pm On May 22, 2016
ishokay

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by ashewoboy(m): 11:45pm On May 22, 2016
Even if he fvcked you, i know you wouldn't tell us. So what's the point?

Btw, who wouldn't wanna fvck a beautiful lady like you?

Op, what's your name and number?

20 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by ever811(m): 11:47pm On May 22, 2016
what's this mumu saying self all this ur story happens all over the world so what's it that u want us to know....ahh OK.OK that u enter airplane abi..nonsense..

6 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by luvola(m): 11:47pm On May 22, 2016
Leriebloom:
.I finally got to camp and we were later attended to in the evening. There was a massive cue that evening. I had to drag my big box around for screening and searching. All I can say is, it wasn't easy. We finally got our foams and we were assigned to our various hostels, I had to pay a boy to help me carry it down because of the distance. I paid the kid and arranged my bed. The foam was flat as a slate . My battery was already showing red and I had to climb up the hill to charge. I couldn't wait for it to charge up, so I told the guy charging that I would drop my power bank instead. An action I later regretted ,I would have dropped my phone instead.

I woke up early the next day which was on the 27th ,and prepared for registration that day. I put my phone in my left pocket and went up the hill to photocopy some things and this was when my phone got stolen, in the midst of the crowd. I noticed when I tried bringing out money to pay the guy at the photocopying center. My phone was gone. I tried calling it but it wasn't connecting, I was left without any means of communication.
babe come and finish what you started. lol . check your p.m
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 11:50pm On May 22, 2016
THIRD EXPERIENCE IN BENUE

After my phone went missing, I went to Mami market to search for a small phone to buy, luckily for me I found a phone to buy, I begged the guy to go out to town, so he could help me retrieve my two lines. He did and I was back on line even if the phone wasn't a browsing phone.
The next few days were quite horrible. The drilling, standing under sun for hours. It was pretty bad until I started making friends. I met a few guys on Nl, they were really nice. My roommates were quite accommodating too. I hated the drilling in camp. I hated the fact there was no time to breathe. The only thing I loved about camp was the fact I got to make enough friends. I participated in my platoon drama and became a bit popular. I met more people, but I wasn't planning on getting too attached because I planned on redeploying.
On the last day in cam p when our posting letter came out,I got the disappointment of my life. My redeployment didnt work and I got posted to jos electricity distribution PLC in makurdi.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 11:52pm On May 22, 2016
ever811:
what's this mumu saying self all this ur story happens all over the world so what's it that u want us to know....ahh OK.OK that u enter airplane abi..nonsense..

And you took ur time reading my nonsense

23 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by luvola(m): 11:54pm On May 22, 2016
Your ppa is still better than you being posted to school.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 11:56pm On May 22, 2016
luvola:
Your ppa is still better than you being posted to school.

I wish.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by CaptainEColeJnr: 11:58pm On May 22, 2016
Leriebloom:

its Queue not Cue

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 22, 2016
Why are people against everything some guys self busybody is from another realm.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by luvola(m): 11:59pm On May 22, 2016
Leriebloom:

I wish.
school doesn't add value to you except you are a teacher. Moreover what are you doing in that village ? Don't waste your nysc year, go for professional Exam.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by luvola(m): 12:02am On May 23, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
its Queue not Cue
Free this babe

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by CaptainEColeJnr: 12:04am On May 23, 2016
luvola:
Free this babe
e be like sey na two of una dey camp undecided

23 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 12:15am On May 23, 2016
MY FOURTH EXPERIENCE IN BENUE STATE

I thought that the stress was going to end in camp but I couldn't be more wrong. My real stress started when I was out of camp. I learnt two things, you might be posted to a good place but that doesn't mean you would end up serving there. The second thing I learnt was that Makurdi was dead hot. So we left camp on a Friday, we had to wait until Monday to report to our various ppa. Meanwhile the lady who had been working on my redeployment ish* kept calling to tell me it wasn't possible that I wasn't redeployed and that she was going to push further until I was redeployed. The real truth was that I had lost hope already.
Well back to the ppa stuff. I woke up early on Monday morning and went down to JED PLC where I was posted. I was told to wait for the other corpers to arrive. I waited until a male corper came to join in the waiting. After waiting for long,we concluded that it was just the both of us. We went to meet the secretary and she led us to her boss's office. He took our posting letter and then asked us to come back by 1pm. We left. I went home and was back by 1pm ,same with the other guy. So we went to the office and we were giving the acceptance letter, I was to work as their PRO,and was goin to be paid 10k without accommodation which I was okay with. I had already gone to the local govt. about to start my documentation when I saw a staff from JED who came to inform myself and the other guy that they just got a directive from their head office that they shouldn't accept any corper and that was it. My haunting for a new ppa began.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 12:17am On May 23, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
its Queue not Cue
point taken

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 12:19am On May 23, 2016
luvola:
school doesn't add value to you except you are a teacher. Moreover what are you doing in that village ? Don't waste your nysc year, go for professional Exam.

Thank you jare. I would.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by luvola(m): 12:21am On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:
MY FOURTH EXPERIENCE IN BENUE STATE

I thought that the stress was going to end in camp but I couldn't be more wrong. My real stress started when I was out of camp. I learnt two things, you might be posted to a good place but that doesn't mean you would end up serving there. The second thing I learnt was that Makurdi was dead hot. So we left camp on a Friday, we had to wait until Monday to report to our various ppa. Meanwhile the lady who had been working on my redeployment ish* kept calling to tell me it wasn't possible that I wasn't redeployed and that she was going to push further until I was redeployed. The real truth was that I had lost hope already.
Well back to the ppa stuff. I woke up early on Monday morning and went down to JED PLC where I was posted. I was told to wait for the other corpers to arrive. I waited until a male corper came to join in the waiting. After waiting for long,we concluded that it was just the both of us. We went to meet the secretary and she led us to her boss's office. He took our posting letter and then asked us to come back by 1pm. We left. I went home and was back by 1pm ,same with the other guy. So we went to the office and we were giving the acceptance letter, I was to work as their PRO,and was goin to be paid 10k without accommodation which I was okay with. I had already gone to the local govt. about to start my documentation when I saw a staff from JED who came to inform myself and the other guy that they just got a directive from their head office that they shouldn't accept any corper and that was it. My haunting for a new ppa began.
lol
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by luvola(m): 12:22am On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:

Thank you hare. I would.
your discipline ?
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 12:24am On May 23, 2016
luvola:
lol
As funny as it sounds, it was quite frustrating.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 12:25am On May 23, 2016
luvola:
your discipline ?
English Education
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Nobody: 12:29am On May 23, 2016
Watching this thread live from Hialeah. Super power binoculars grin
Lerie, kontinu nah!
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Nobody: 12:37am On May 23, 2016
I stopped reading after the man dropped her off I think say dem wan give us exclusive as dem take do d do
grin cheesy grin

ashewoboy:
Even if he fvcked you, i know you wouldn't tell us. So what's the point?
Btw, who wouldn't wanna fvck a beautiful lady like you?
Op, what's your name and number?

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 12:40am On May 23, 2016
MY FIFTH EXPERIENCE

I had a friend who was in the same shoe as me. We both went from place to place reason because they couldn't pay or accommodate. We had almost lost all hope until we found Benue hotel. They accepted us and were ready to pay 10k with accommodation. We went to the Secretariat so we could begin processing but they refused to post us there, telling us that Benue hotel had rejected most of the corpers that were sent to them,so we needed to find another option. A week was almost gone and I was still in Benue state.
When all hope was lost,we found out bout Benue printing and publishing cooperation where they don't pay,they don't accommodate and corp members only go to work once a week smiley This was just what I needed. I went to this place got a request letter only for me to be bounced down to a school where they pay only 5k a month with no accommodation. I took it because I was tired and I finished documenting on Friday. Friday night I packed my box preparing for my trip to lag on Saturday morning not knowing I was going to be facing another issue.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 12:41am On May 23, 2016
pinceprinz:
Watching this thread live from Hialeah. Super power binoculars grin

Lerie, kontinu nah!
lolz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by abdulaz: 12:55am On May 23, 2016
I am following this thread bumper to bumper like Wande Cole. Nice one, patiently waiting for the 6th episode.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Lovechyld101(m): 1:09am On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom nice one wanunne was quite an experience also served in benue was Djay Obs but was posted to otupko don't kno why all the cute gurls get posted to markudi

3 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper / Abuja Female Corper Shot Dead By Armed Robbers (Photos) / NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.