Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. (52705 Views)

4 Serious Businesses You Can Do As A Corp Member / 3 Corpers In Benue Found Missing Money & Returned It,NYSC DG Did This 4 Them / My Near Death Experience As A Prospective Stream II Corper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Seeeeeeee: 2:47pm On May 23, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
She was good in every other thing... save for the spellings...
her grammar was good
but spellings was bad.
I need the score in percentage.. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by nnaemeka817(m): 2:47pm On May 23, 2016
Quiet funny shaa. All these rich men pikin. Una no go kill us with laughter. The truth is, you did not want to suffer your self. U would have loved to be posted in Abuja, Calabar of portharcourt; where you will be flying directly to and fro from Lagos on weekends.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by tianshie(m): 2:49pm On May 23, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
Hello.. its me again ..
Just wanna tell you that @bolded
you don't put an 's' apostrophe after a word that ends with 's'.
You should have said boss' instead.
just put an apostrophe there.

Not true. You only do that with plural form of words (that admit an S). Like Boys. Boys' school. Girls' father. She is correct.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by CaptainEColeJnr: 2:50pm On May 23, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
I need the score in percentage.. Thanks
I gave u in words .. you do the percentage yourself ...
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by cityAdventures: 2:52pm On May 23, 2016
Tobium1:

It's "HUNTING" biko!

U read a whole post just to post only this rubbish correction, mr teacher. Who english don epp?
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Seeeeeeee: 2:52pm On May 23, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
I gave u in words .. you do the percentage yourself ...
Hahahahahaha, i have nothing to say again. Thank you!
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by ClintonDal(m): 2:55pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:

Yes, I forgot to add the fact that makurdi is unnecessarily hot.
Very hot is an understatement
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Optimist1(m): 3:08pm On May 23, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
its Queue not Cue

Oga, why are you so fast to complement? Meanwhile, you are not her mind... Why not confer you dictionary to comprehend what she means?
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by ExInferis(m): 3:11pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:
MY FOURTH EXPERIENCE IN BENUE STATE

I thought that the stress was going to end in camp but I couldn't be more wrong. My real stress started when I was out of camp. I learnt two things, you might be posted to a good place but that doesn't mean you would end up serving there. The second thing I learnt was that Makurdi was dead hot. So we left camp on a Friday, we had to wait until Monday to report to our various ppa. Meanwhile the lady who had been working on my redeployment ish* kept calling to tell me it wasn't possible that I wasn't redeployed and that she was going to push further until I was redeployed. The real truth was that I had lost hope already.
Well back to the ppa stuff. I woke up early on Monday morning and went down to JED PLC where I was posted. I was told to wait for the other corpers to arrive. I waited until a male corper came to join in the waiting. After waiting for long,we concluded that it was just the both of us. We went to meet the secretary and she led us to her boss's office. He took our posting letter and then asked us to come back by 1pm. We left. I went home and was back by 1pm ,same with the other guy. So we went to the office and we were giving the acceptance letter, I was to work as their PRO,and was goin to be paid 10k without accommodation which I was okay with. I had already gone to the local govt. about to start my documentation when I saw a staff from JED who came to inform myself and the other guy that they just got a directive from their head office that they shouldn't accept any corper and that was it. My haunting for a new ppa began.

I actually wrote the directive. What i mandated was that they send me first their request for Corps members and the justification for such.

I'm in Benue, will be in Makurdi by Wednesday.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by DedeNkem: 3:15pm On May 23, 2016
So the reason for your long story was that some jerk asked you to sleep with him? It's not a legitimate reason to create a thread.

By the way, why should your corrupt uncle use Air Force property to conduct a family business? Don't you know he committed a crime?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Olayinka777(m): 3:16pm On May 23, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
its Queue not Cue
it is 'it's' not its

9 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Seeeeeeee: 3:25pm On May 23, 2016
Olayinka777:
it is 'it's' not its
Hahahahahaha bushmeat don catch the hunter be that ooo LAMO
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by ilyas26(m): 3:27pm On May 23, 2016
Tnx for wasting my hard earned data, mumu gal
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Optimist1(m): 3:29pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:

English Education

You must be kidding me, that you don't know the difference between ''CUE'' and ''QUEUE''? Your punctuation and arrays of the body of your write-up are not in order at all.

Please next time when writing, make sure what you don't comprehend should be verified and conferred through your dictionary so that, you don't end up being abashed.

If I had written anything you don't like, please forgive me. Thank you very much for you co-operation.

Anyway, Makurdi is my hometown and is a nice place to reside... I don't expect you to find it difficult to be posted to the destination of your desire because the people there are good and accommodating.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by kentochi(m): 3:32pm On May 23, 2016
was posted to Benue state too 2014 at APA LGA in side thick village no water no light no road. only one Unity bank at Apa lga . mapooooooooooo.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Ify15(f): 3:38pm On May 23, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
its Queue not Cue
oga correcter.U made a mistake too while correcting.U didn't put an appostrophe in "its".There is a difference between "its"and "it's".Thank u sir.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by BiafranAmerican: 3:40pm On May 23, 2016
Sounded like fun exploration for me...depends on your state of mind though. I remember sleeping in a bus at a garage at Ibadan on my way to Osun State for my NYSC... i was rejected twice and finally got a school which paid nothing and offered no accomodation...still it was exciting for me. I was even biten by a tiny scorpion on night. All fun.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by sonnie10: 3:40pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:
I remember the first time I saw my call up letter,I felt like the whole world had trembled on my feet. I felt sad and angry, ready to pour out my anger on anybody who came my way.
I remember not being serious about the whole camp thing anymore. I remember buying all my things a day before leaving.
At first,I was a bit confused on how I was going to get to the camp in Benue state. I remember going to the NYSC section on NL searching for corp members who were posted to the same state. Luckily for me, I found a bunch of then and I was added to a whatsapp group which was created by one of the monikers.
I remember silently following the group up,hardly ever dropping comments. I found out they were going to be leaving on the 25th of April which was on a Monday, and as at Monday, I had not bought a thing, so I crossed traveling with them out of the plan..
My brother booked a flight for me to Enugu even if I kept telling him that Abuja was faster but he said no,that Enugu was closer. So he finally booked the flight on a Tuesday by 8am. I received a call from my uncle who works with the air force that there was an air force flight leaving for makurdi that Wednesday so I grabbed the opportunity.
I left for Benue the next day and I arrived in Makurdi less than an hour.

FIRST EXPERIENCE IN BENUE
When we landed in the air force base, I came down looking confused trying to call my uncle. And at that moment I heard a masculine voice.
"You, come here" I turned around to look at who was talking.
"Yea, are you not Valerie, D****a's niece?" he asked and I answered immediately,
"Yes I am" and that was when I got a text from my uncle telling me that his friend would help me down to Wannune.
My uncle's friend helped me with my extremely big box which I later started regretting I carried. While driving me down to wannune, his friend asked where I would be crashing that night, I told him that I would be sleeping in camp. He started asking questions like would they attend to me, telling me I could sleep in his place. I told him that they should attend to me. This was when the story changed. He told me my uncle didn't need to know and I just knew that something was up with this man. He started asking questions like why I was acting so uptight, asking if I had a boyfriend. I stared at him straight up and told him "i am not in a relationship and I would be okay when I get to camp", he dropped me without any further comments.

Good story line but a little difficult to read. Here are some suggestions, this is not about style of writing but the standard I excepted.

So, I crossed out traveling with them from the plan.

I found out that they would leave

Even when I kept telling him that Abuja

I arrived Makurdi in less than an hour

I got off looking confused

Would they attend to me?

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by edris09(m): 3:43pm On May 23, 2016
izzou:
You served in benue and its exhaustin?
I served in kebbi
In my ppa,no toilet or bathroom
Na inside bush i shit for a full year
No chics,only hausa covering girls full everywhere
Better love benue oh
Some of your mates are in pain now
grin
izzou:
You served in benue and its exhaustin?
I served in kebbi
In my ppa,no toilet or bathroom
Na inside bush i shit for a full year
No chics,only hausa covering girls full everywhere
Better love benue oh
Some of your mates are in pain now
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Seeeeeeee: 4:00pm On May 23, 2016
Ify15:
oga correcter.U made a mistake too while correcting.U didn't put an appostrophe in "its".There is a difference between "its"and "it's".Thank u sir.
Hahahahaha so the correcter has been corrected by correcting his grammatical blunder to it's correct tense, making the correction to be in a cycle! Ok oo

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 23, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
& ur point is?
Very good question
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Oluwaxhango(m): 4:07pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:

Yes, I forgot to add the fact that makurdi is unnecessarily hot.
yu actually did
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by olumuyiwa2222: 4:09pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:
MY FIFTH EXPERIENCE

I had a friend who was in the same shoe as me. We both went from place to place reason because they couldn't pay or accommodate. We had almost lost all hope until we found Benue hotel. They accepted us and were ready to pay 10k with accommodation. We went to the Secretariat so we could begin processing but they refused to post us there, telling us that Benue hotel had rejected most of the corpers that were sent to them,so we needed to find another option. A week was almost gone and I was still in Benue state.
When all hope was lost,we found out bout Benue printing and publishing cooperation where they don't pay,they don't accommodate and corp members only go to work once a week smiley This was just what I needed. I went to this place got a request letter only for me to be bounced down to a school where they pay only 5k a month with no accommodation. I took it because I was tired and I finished documenting on Friday. Friday night I packed my box preparing for my trip to lag on Saturday morning not knowing I was going to be facing another issue.
[i][/i] waiting for the sixth edition of ur experience!
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Patrickker(m): 4:10pm On May 23, 2016
MsBella:

Enjoy the rest of your Service year, create meaningful friendships, take advantage of professional courses for Corpers, lay impact in the little way you can and avoid Tiv men and randy male Corpers looking for cheap thrills!!! cheesy

And enjoy eating all tge fruits you can for "chinkini" money. All the best!
Avoid Tiv men? Tribalist spotted! I don't get that part cos I am one.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:
MY LAST EXPERIENCE (forever I hope)

My friend and I woke up pretty early and left the house. She was leaving for Benin while I was leaving for Enugu because I had a flight to catch by 12:15pm. I told the bike man to take me to any park I can get Enugu bus and he took me to one miserable Nyannyan park. I was the first to get a ticket for the first bus to Enugu. I kept waiting for more passengers because we were just three. I spoke to the guy loading the bus and explained to him that time wasn't on my side so he had to push me to port Harcourt bus.When the bus started moving, that was when the driver remembered he had to fill his tank. We stayed on a short queue , but it was still enough to eat into someone's time. By the time the bus started moving it was past 8. To cut the long story short I got to Enugu by 12, I rushed to where I could get a cab. And for the cab guy to take me to the airport he said 4k,I didn't even have the time to waste so I entered. The driver was on his highest speed, but still we couldn't make it. We got to the airport and I rushed down to Arik stand, only for me to be told I had missed my flight. There was no other flight for lag until Sunday by 12",and I had to add extra money which was a tad bit too much. I left the airport, paid a cab man to take me to town to any affordable hotel. I hate sleeping alone so I was scared all through d night, I had to call a friend who tried keeping me at ease. It worked and I slept off. I woke pretty early Sunday morning,dressed and called the cab guy only for his line to be switched off. I had to drag my box down the road and waited until I saw a Keke. I jumped into it. He took me to peace mass park where I got a lag bus, and now I am home smiley
First of all, who are you to refer to benue as a dead place Secondly, specify how your friend managed to keep you at ease all through the night in the hotel room. angry
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 4:24pm On May 23, 2016
I really don't av d strength to start quoting everyone who complained bout my spellings. I was dead tired yesterday and I typed all that out of sleepy eyes. If you av a problem with the mistakes I made, sorry bout DAT.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Kobidave1(m): 4:27pm On May 23, 2016
My dear. Nysc camp experience are always not funny at all. But makurdi is a great place and I assure u dat u will enjoy it. Just dat the weather are not friendly. I schooled I'm mkd but I'm currently serving in ibadan.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 4:27pm On May 23, 2016
Bamsupremacy:
First of all, who are you to refer to benue as a dead place Secondly, specify how your friend managed to keep you at ease all through the night in the hotel room. angry

I can't recall ever writing bout Benue being dead.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 4:28pm On May 23, 2016
Kobidave1:
My dear. Nysc camp experience are always not funny at all. But makurdi is a great place and I assure u dat u will enjoy it. Just dat the weather are not friendly. I schooled I'm mkd but I'm currently serving in ibadan.

Lucky you.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by pelij18(m): 4:34pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:

And you took or time reading my nonsense
You musn't reply a fool... For a fact that you flew the air isn't a big deal. Maybe he hasn't.

Damn that dude...
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:

I can't recall ever writing bout Benue being dead.
thats the impression you're trying to pass along any way, besides you've not addressed the second question.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 4:42pm On May 23, 2016
pelij18:
You musn't reply a fool... For a fact that you flew the air isn't a big deal. Maybe he hasn't.

Damn that dude...

Thanks for having my back jare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper / Abuja Female Corper Shot Dead By Armed Robbers (Photos) / NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.