Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,789 members, 7,802,464 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. (52676 Views)

4 Serious Businesses You Can Do As A Corp Member / 3 Corpers In Benue Found Missing Money & Returned It,NYSC DG Did This 4 Them / My Near Death Experience As A Prospective Stream II Corper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by itodoho(m): 4:50pm On May 23, 2016
Emodeee:

you and flight dis, flight that, cab this, cab datcheesy. Entering bike and keke napep seems awkward to you. You are feeling fly. "how can a pretty, glamorous lady like me be entering bike and keke napep"cheesy. You nvr chichumtin.

E be like say you get plenty money. How e go be na? I go like make you be my girlfriendcheesy.
I am telling you! The OP seems like one spoiled brat who thinks the world owes her a favor for serving her country! Where else is this sense of self entitlement coming from? Babe hasn't even passed through half of what i saw in the hot desertified lands of nigeria close to the niger border and she's already prespiring.., i think you've had it too soft in life Lierebloom..get out of your comfort zone! Life has so much to offer!

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by itodoho(m): 5:04pm On May 23, 2016
tianshie:
Did you serve in Bui? I served in Kangiwa.
Served in Fana.. Batch C '013.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Mcowubaba: 5:30pm On May 23, 2016
preciusly:
Op, don't tell me that what you have written is all to the experience you intend sharing ooo, because I am yet to see what is so special about it that you should open a thread for it. And the fact that it even made front page is suspicious in the side of the moderators.....Hmmmm, I hope it is not what I am thinking. well, let me wait patiently and see maybe you just gave us the intro while the moderator who pushed this to front page has the main experience and will upload it soon.
I'm also waiting for the Experience to
Some of this Moderators just get excited when a girl creates a topic....
From what I have read so far, she has not even started serving, possibly this BATCH A, Stream 1:2016 that just left camp..... Anyway na free WiFi I use open this thread....
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Humulity: 5:33pm On May 23, 2016
Interesting story. Yout service for me was fun. Served in Bauchi. Why not just relax and enjoy the next eleven months of your life. Another chapter of your life begins immediately after service. This opportunity to have some expereicne that may never come your way again. You loose nothing, you rather have a lot to gain. You may not have this opportunity gain; rmemeber there are two sides to a coin.
When going back to Benie, why not take a straight bus from Lagos to Benue?
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 5:41pm On May 23, 2016
Humulity:
Interesting story. Yout service for me was fun. Served in Bauchi. Why not just relax and enjoy the next eleven months of your life. Another chapter of your life begins immediately after service. This opportunity to have some expereicne that may never come your way again. You loose nothing, you rather have a lot to gain. You may not have this opportunity gain; rmemeber there are two sides to a coin.
When going back to Benie, why not take a straight bus from Lagos to Benue?
I would when going back, but the problem here is that I hate sitting in a bus for too long. Heard lag to Benue is about 11hrs.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by belli: 5:43pm On May 23, 2016
Served at FMC makurdi, camp wasn't funny sha.. got sick there bt I was d quarter guard commander of ma batch

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by sisqology(m): 5:50pm On May 23, 2016
mandax:

Well done.

Some nasty girls could have hopped on the bed with that man.
Such nasty girls feel: after all, the V..doesn't have meter to count how many men that passed through it before they get to their future husband.

And you're so sure she didn't do this?
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 5:53pm On May 23, 2016
itodoho:

I am telling you! The OP seems like one spoiled brat who thinks the world owes her a favor for serving her country! Where else is this sense of self entitlement coming from? Babe hasn't even passed through half of what i saw in the hot desertified lands of nigeria close to the niger border and she's already prespiring.., i think you've had it too soft in life Lierebloom..get out of your comfort zone! Life has so much to offer!

I am no spoiled brat Mr. The fact I opened a thread expressing my plight(which I m starting to regret) gives u no right to call me that. And for ur info not everything in my life has come to me easy, so do me a favour and stop saying things u don't even know abt me.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by CaptainEColeJnr: 5:53pm On May 23, 2016
pelij18:
You musn't reply a fool... For a fact that you flew the air isn't a big deal. Maybe he hasn't.

Damn that dude...
why must you call him a f00l?
if I report you to the mods now.. I hope you'd like it?
Besides people who brags about flying in an aircraft are actually the ones who are just flying it for the first few times of their life...

before you quote me.... I've flown more than the number of your age.. gaddemnit
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by SycophanticGoat: 6:01pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:
THIRD EXPERIENCE IN BENUE

After my phone went missing, I went to Mami market to search for a small phone to buy, luckily for me I found a phone to buy, I begged the guy to go out to town, so he could help me retrieve my two lines. He did and I was back on line even if the phone wasn't a browsing phone.
The next few days were quite horrible. The drilling, standing under sun for hours. It was pretty bad until I started making friends. I met a few guys on Nl, they were really nice. My roommates were quite accommodating too. I hated the drilling in camp. I hated the fact there was no time to breathe. The only thing I loved about camp was the fact I got to make enough friends. I participated in my platoon drama and became a bit popular. I met more people, but I wasn't planning on getting too attached because I planned on redeploying.
On the last day in cam p when our posting letter came out,I got the disappointment of my life. My redeployment didnt work and I got posted to jos electricity distribution PLC in makurdi.

You call that disappointment? Maybe Agatu, Ohimini or Obadigbo would've been a better choice for you... undecided
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by pelij18(m): 6:07pm On May 23, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
why must you call him a f00l?
if I report you to the mods now.. I hope you'd like it?
Besides people who brags about flying in an aircraft are actually the ones who are just flying it for the first few times of their life...

before you quote me.... I've flown more than the number of your age.. gaddemnit
It doesn't matter how many times you've flown, but how much rubbies got attracted to it.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 6:08pm On May 23, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

You call that disappointment? Maybe Agatu, Ohimini or Obadigbo would've been a better choice for you... undecided

My redeployment not working was my biggest disappointment. I was only lucky I ended up in makurdi and not some interior village undecided
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by SycophanticGoat: 6:09pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:
MY FOURTH EXPERIENCE IN BENUE STATE

I thought that the stress was going to end in camp but I couldn't be more wrong. My real stress started when I was out of camp. I learnt two things, you might be posted to a good place but that doesn't mean you would end up serving there. The second thing I learnt was that Makurdi was dead hot. So we left camp on a Friday, we had to wait until Monday to report to our various ppa. Meanwhile the lady who had been working on my redeployment ish* kept calling to tell me it wasn't possible that I wasn't redeployed and that she was going to push further until I was redeployed. The real truth was that I had lost hope already.
Well back to the ppa stuff. I woke up early on Monday morning and went down to JED PLC where I was posted. I was told to wait for the other corpers to arrive. I waited until a male corper came to join in the waiting. After waiting for long,we concluded that it was just the both of us. We went to meet the secretary and she led us to her boss's office. He took our posting letter and then asked us to come back by 1pm. We left. I went home and was back by 1pm ,same with the other guy. So we went to the office and we were giving the acceptance letter, I was to work as their PRO,and was goin to be paid 10k without accommodation which I was okay with. I had already gone to the local govt. about to start my documentation when I saw a staff from JED who came to inform myself and the other guy that they just got a directive from their head office that they shouldn't accept any corper and that was it. My haunting for a new ppa began.

I wish I was rejected at my first place of PA (back when i served in Mkar, Benue State), which is a catholic school. I would have gladly gotten a posting to CDM secondary school. So what you saw as a disappointment would have actually been a blessing to others.. undecided grin cheesy
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by SycophanticGoat: 6:11pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:

My redeployment not working was my biggest disappointment. I was only lucky I ended up in makurdi and not some interior village undecided

Well, when I served, I had the opportunity to choose and I chose Gboko over MKD because MKD was closer to the sun.. smiley
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by piagetskinner(m): 6:18pm On May 23, 2016
Please what's the point of this epistle.?

I also served in mkd 3yrs ago ... No biggie
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by SycophanticGoat: 6:19pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:
MY LAST EXPERIENCE (forever I hope)

My friend and I woke up pretty early and left the house. She was leaving for Benin while I was leaving for Enugu because I had a flight to catch by 12:15pm. I told the bike man to take me to any park I can get Enugu bus and he took me to one miserable Nyannyan park. I was the first to get a ticket for the first bus to Enugu. I kept waiting for more passengers because we were just three. I spoke to the guy loading the bus and explained to him that time wasn't on my side so he had to push me to port Harcourt bus.When the bus started moving, that was when the driver remembered he had to fill his tank. We stayed on a short queue , but it was still enough to eat into someone's time. By the time the bus started moving it was past 8. To cut the long story short I got to Enugu by 12, I rushed to where I could get a cab. And for the cab guy to take me to the airport he said 4k,I didn't even have the time to waste so I entered. The driver was on his highest speed, but still we couldn't make it. We got to the airport and I rushed down to Arik stand, only for me to be told I had missed my flight. There was no other flight for lag until Sunday by 12",and I had to add extra money which was a tad bit too much. I left the airport, paid a cab man to take me to town to any affordable hotel. I hate sleeping alone so I was scared all through d night, I had to call a friend who tried keeping me at ease. It worked and I slept off. I woke pretty early Sunday morning,dressed and called the cab guy only for his line to be switched off. I had to drag my box down the road and waited until I saw a Keke. I jumped into it. He took me to peace mass park where I got a lag bus, and now I am home smiley

Hehehehe, it's good for you ajebutter pikins to once in a while, feel what we the ajepakos feel most of the time when we travel by road. I've been travelling by road all my life, to the point that I took night buses (16 - 18 hours bus from Lag to Zaria) back then when I was in ABU. grin grin grin
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by maadman: 6:54pm On May 23, 2016
..I live and work in Benue. I've been here for 5 years now. Hola me when u come back into town. D place get as e be but once u settle down and most importantly "free ur mind" its a fun town.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by pamdaniel(m): 7:44pm On May 23, 2016
are u trying to tell us u are a good gal or what?
Leriebloom:
I remember the first time I saw my call up letter,I felt like the whole world had trembled on my feet. I felt sad and angry, ready to pour out my anger on anybody who came my way.
I remember not being serious about the whole camp thing anymore. I remember buying all my things a day before leaving.
At first,I was a bit confused on how I was going to get to the camp in Benue state. I remember going to the NYSC section on NL searching for corp members who were posted to the same state. Luckily for me, I found a bunch of then and I was added to a whatsapp group which was created by one of the monikers.
I remember silently following the group up,hardly ever dropping comments. I found out they were going to be leaving on the 25th of April which was on a Monday, and as at Monday, I had not bought a thing, so I crossed traveling with them out of the plan..
My brother booked a flight for me to Enugu even if I kept telling him that Abuja was faster but he said no,that Enugu was closer. So he finally booked the flight on a Tuesday by 8am. I received a call from my uncle who works with the air force that there was an air force flight leaving for makurdi that Wednesday so I grabbed the opportunity.
I left for Benue the next day and I arrived in Makurdi less than an hour.

FIRST EXPERIENCE IN BENUE
When we landed in the air force base, I came down looking confused trying to call my uncle. And at that moment I heard a masculine voice.
"You, come here" I turned around to look at who was talking.
"Yea, are you not Valerie, D****a's niece?" he asked and I answered immediately,
"Yes I am" and that was when I got a text from my uncle telling me that his friend would help me down to Wannune.
My uncle's friend helped me with my extremely big box which I later started regretting I carried. While driving me down to wannune, his friend asked where I would be crashing that night, I told him that I would be sleeping in camp. He started asking questions like would they attend to me, telling me I could sleep in his place. I told him that they should attend to me. This was when the story changed. He told me my uncle didn't need to know and I just knew that something was up with this man. He started asking questions like why I was acting so uptight, asking if I had a boyfriend. I stared at him straight up and told him "i am not in a relationship and I would be okay when I get to camp", he dropped me without any further comments.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:

Aww. That's cool. Had a Frnd in Obs too. Jennifer. Anyways how is otupko like?
we were the ones that disvirgined the wanune camp. fvcked 3 corpers in camp. was posted to vandeikya and I fvcked all the female Corper there, and lots of Benue kwasi's too. Benue was fun all through, and I pray GOD forgives me all my sins.

food basket of the nation
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Kakamorufu(m): 8:38pm On May 23, 2016
tor, u try wella
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by DealZ(m): 8:56pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:
MY LAST EXPERIENCE (forever I hope)

My friend and I woke up pretty early and left the house. She was leaving for Benin while I was leaving for Enugu because I had a flight to catch by 12:15pm. I told the bike man to take me to any park I can get Enugu bus and he took me to one miserable Nyannyan park. I was the first to get a ticket for the first bus to Enugu. I kept waiting for more passengers because we were just three. I spoke to the guy loading the bus and explained to him that time wasn't on my side so he had to push me to port Harcourt bus.When the bus started moving, that was when the driver remembered he had to fill his tank. We stayed on a short queue , but it was still enough to eat into someone's time. By the time the bus started moving it was past 8. To cut the long story short I got to Enugu by 12, I rushed to where I could get a cab. And for the cab guy to take me to the airport he said 4k,I didn't even have the time to waste so I entered. The driver was on his highest speed, but still we couldn't make it. We got to the airport and I rushed down to Arik stand, only for me to be told I had missed my flight. There was no other flight for lag until Sunday by 12",and I had to add extra money which was a tad bit too much. I left the airport, paid a cab man to take me to town to any affordable hotel. I hate sleeping alone so I was scared all through d night, I had to call a friend who tried keeping me at ease. It worked and I slept off. I woke pretty early Sunday morning,dressed and called the cab guy only for his line to be switched off. I had to drag my box down the road and waited until I saw a Keke. I jumped into it. He took me to peace mass park where I got a lag bus, and now I am home smiley

Nawa o u haven't said anything about the food and entertainment or didn't u try out makurdi pounded yam with big fish inside d soup? Or dat sweet makurdi beer carnival where good beer goes for like 100box...4get, mak city make sense
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by popeferd(m): 9:53pm On May 23, 2016
Youngetskilz23:
OP did i hear you say peace mass?? haa.. be carefull. those people kill like mad.. stick to ABC tongue. nice write up tho. .grin
cc: jefferyjamez cheesy
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by patwilly(m): 10:04pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:

I am no spoiled brat Mr. The fact I opened a thread expressing my plight(which I m starting to regret) gives u no right to call me that. And for ur info not everything in my life has come to me easy, so do me a favour and stop saying things u don't even know abt me.
Its Fine. I guess one should keep one's prejudices aside when talking about others. You are correct when you say I know nothing about you. I apologize maam. Wasn't expecting you to reply in so conciliatory a tone, a sign of good breeding I think...and yes this is my alternate moniker.. lols.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Kakamorufu(m): 10:11pm On May 23, 2016
lrguru:
we were the ones that disvirgined the wanune camp. fvcked 3 corpers in camp. was posted to vandeikya and I fvcked all the female Corper there, and lots of Benue kwasi's too. Benue was fun all through, and I pray GOD forgives me all my sins.

food basket of the nation
who the Bleep don epp
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by oluangelkay(f): 10:25pm On May 23, 2016
I also served in Benue state. Manor Day secondary school Ushongo precisely. It was really fun. Both camping and off campus activities. Due to the distance of my ppa and LGA, I didn't attend CDS but I enjoyed my stay there.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by bolivnnaija: 10:28pm On May 23, 2016
Is that why you brought me down here?
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by franklin000(m): 10:36pm On May 23, 2016
Wannune camp was cool I camped there as well
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 23, 2016
Nice experience though. Thank God u ar home now, and just thank God the school u finally got will be paying u 5naira monthly. Here in rivers, am in alimini. We paid 4 our accommodation and we are not getting anything from school. But d govnor had promised to pay us off after service though. In all, you are beautiful in your pix. But don't knw physically sha. But I guess u are. Kisses.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by martphreak(m): 10:51pm On May 23, 2016
op call me whenever u go back to mkd and u will have the best experience ever...no string attached.... i' ll hook u up with with nice ladies to make your stay worthwhile n take u places as well
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 10:53pm On May 23, 2016
franklin000:
Wannune camp was cool I camped there as well

Good 4 u. I hated camp there.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 10:55pm On May 23, 2016
wizzakosh:
Nice experience though. Thank God u ar home now, and just thank God the school u finally got will be paying u 5naira monthly. Here in rivers, am in alimini. We paid 4 our accommodation and we are not getting anything from school. But d govnor had promised to pay us off after service though. In all, you are beautiful in your pix. But don't knw physically sha. But I guess u are. Kisses.

Thank u.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 10:58pm On May 23, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Well, when I served, I had the opportunity to choose and I chose Gboko over MKD because MKD was closer to the sun.. smiley

So Gboko isn't as hot as makurdi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper / NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP / Abuja Female Corper Shot Dead By Armed Robbers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.