Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses (21043 Views)

Ambode Reveals When ‘danfo’ Buses Will Be Out Of Lagos Roads / Nuhu Ribadu, Hamid Ali Tipped To Replace Magu At EFCC / Light Rail: Lagos Procures $14.6m Rail Coaches, To Face-out Danfos, Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by Exponental(m): 9:42am On May 23, 2016
waiting....
Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by ifeanyi83(m): 9:46am On May 23, 2016
A very good development. It will also be great to have the minds of the bus drivers re-branded also.
Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by mailmitch(m): 9:48am On May 23, 2016
It is a gud gesture by d Lag govt kudos. Bt my own take is @ whse expense. Who will buy d buses, who will drive d buses is it d original danfo drivers we knw or are u employing new pple nd throwing out d regular drivers we knw. Wht is d payment plan if ths buses are to b given on higher purchase to d intended drivers. Is it smethng tht is affordable fr d danfo to throw away their old buses etc. To me thse are d necessary questions tht shld b asked.
Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by artade: 9:51am On May 23, 2016
No a bad initiative. But how about maintaining the ones we already have -- BRT. The state of many of those buses will make you just puke.
Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by flokii: 9:52am On May 23, 2016
Nice move..

Buh is it feasible population wise?

Some lagosians will still ditch those AC buses for rough ones
Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by khadaffi(m): 9:58am On May 23, 2016
CharlieMaria:
They will only succeed in displacing transporters, and this is no good news. Meanwhile LTC ON FP.

Infact this is the goal of the govt. But one thing though, the danfo union would resist this.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by francisbarrack(m): 10:02am On May 23, 2016
[quote author=DaBullIT post=45880812]Some goats will come and say it's a Lai some will oppose it saying it will cause job loss

The few reasonable ones will just say

Good job and leave the thread [/quote

And u think is d best idea n how many people do u think dat can afford it?
Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by ademoladeji(m): 10:04am On May 23, 2016
DaBullIT:
Some goats will come and say it's a Lai some will oppose it saying it will cause job loss

Good job and leave the thread

What's your take?
Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by CharlieMaria(m): 10:06am On May 23, 2016
khadaffi:

Infact this is the goal of the govt. But one thing though, the danfo union would resist this.
We have a bunch of self centred leaders, who rather than work in the interest of the masses, they impoverish the people with wicked and 'Ebola' policies and projects meant to enrich their pockets and their 'political alleluia boys'. That's why you see them 'masturbate' themselves in the corridons of power. And keep recycling their good for nothing selves
Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:13am On May 23, 2016
Boss13:
Is Ambode taking the same route as Fashola. The "we will do" policy speech without any implementation.

If we request for the vehicles, you will be shocked that none has been purchased. We will also be shocked that no representatives of NURTW worker has been briefed on this new development. Surprisingly, they have rushed to the press.

I hope they considered resistance from the transport workers because I know all policies concerning commercial transport right from Tinubu have all failed

Ambode no dey for cock and bull....

He talk he do... I am proudly 5% but I love Ambode

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by RockyEyo(m): 10:13am On May 23, 2016
It will be a welcome development.................................. [i][/i][b][/b]How do you see people's profile picture and setup ur own profile pictures? please help out I'm new here
Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by Vince77(m): 10:14am On May 23, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

How many of those AC BRT buses still have AC? That is a scam by government to steal. Until we get our maintance culture in place there are things we should not celebrate.
U said it right.
In as much as its a good step, there r just so many things that will go wrong with it.
Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by ki02020(m): 10:24am On May 23, 2016
DaBullIT:
Some goats will come and say it's a Lai some will oppose it saying it will cause job loss

Well my own concern is the level of maintainace that will be given to these assets
Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by wristbangle: 10:25am On May 23, 2016
Maintenance culture has always been the problem. The AC in the Red BRT buses is not working again.
Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by mostyg(m): 10:31am On May 23, 2016
Boss13:
Is Ambode taking the same route as Fashola. The "we will do" policy speech without any implementation.

If we request for the vehicles, you will be shocked that none has been purchased. We will also be shocked that no representatives of NURTW worker has been briefed on this new development. Surprisingly, they have rushed to the press.

I hope they considered resistance from the transport workers because I know all policies concerning commercial transport right from Tinubu have all failed

What about BRT sir?
Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by Trendin(m): 10:41am On May 23, 2016
Who told them we need danfo buses? undecided
Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by topsam1(m): 10:46am On May 23, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

How many of those AC BRT buses still have AC? That is a scam by government to steal. Until we get our maintance culture in place there are things we should not celebrate.

Bros you sure say na lagos you dey stay?? Abi na Ogijo.....all BRT blue buses have AC.....though not plying all roads for now but the few ones have functional AC

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by boujaye: 10:49am On May 23, 2016
DaBullIT:

so what is your own, da bull shit?
Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by nkemjacob2(m): 10:56am On May 23, 2016
U dont nid some 1 advice to tel u dis wont work. BRT has not being fully maintain and by d way AC busses is not what we nid now. Solve unemployment, traffic matters. Demand 4 AC busses will result to increase in transport fee
Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by BizBloke(m): 11:02am On May 23, 2016
It's a good one. It should be implemented sha; those rickety buses are evil.
Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by ify2016: 11:02am On May 23, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

All BRT buses are fully sophisticated with air conditions.

May be you left Lagos years back.

You can't see single brt bus without 100% air condition working on it.
I stand to be corrected dude.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by iameugene(m): 11:09am On May 23, 2016
wristbangle:
Maintenance culture has always been the problem. The AC in the Red BRT buses is not working again.
Thank God you said Red
Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by masseratti: 11:09am On May 23, 2016
nkemjacob2:
U dont nid some 1 advice to tel u dis wont work. BRT has not being fully maintain and by d way AC busses is not what we nid now. Solve unemployment, traffic matters. Demand 4 AC busses will result to increase in transport fee
all the blue brt buses av ac, am sure you are not in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by ify2016: 11:16am On May 23, 2016
artade:
No a bad initiative. But how about maintaining the ones we already have -- BRT. The state of many of those buses will make you just puke.

All BRT buses are in absolute term fully air conditioned.
Lagos state government is working

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by ify2016: 11:26am On May 23, 2016
wristbangle:
Thank God you said red buses. Those red buses are own by very few people. Maybe just between 1-3 people and that's why it lack maintenance culture. But the blue brt buses are own and regulated by LAMATA fully maintained by team of Chinese and Nigerian engineers.

So, save your energy ok. It will work

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by saintdennis(m): 11:33am On May 23, 2016
artade:

Huh bro pls be reminded BRT buses are now run by a private outfit (NOT nurtw again).
The new buses are all excellent, infact the a/c na die.

As for the red buses they are private and I really pity the owners because they've allowed it turn to molue, very soon am sure LASG will surprise them the way they surprised nurtw (1st-brt scheme)
Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by Jacko1(m): 11:37am On May 23, 2016
Hmmm
So all dose fat women... All those labourer men
Inside A.C bus ehn the smell no go be here

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by omofunaab(m): 11:54am On May 23, 2016
Boss13:

This your reasoning sha, if they didn't inform us of their plans now you people will say they didn't carry lagosians along.. Na wa for u oooo

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by mapet: 12:19pm On May 23, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Bros,

I think it is honourable to type what you know and not the other way round. There is no single one of the new BRT buses operated by Primero that is without AC in almost 1year of introduction. Besides there is signed agreement with LSG on the mimimum standard on the buses that should be maintained or they get kicked out of the franchise. Have you asked those who ply the blue buses from Ikorodu to CMS?

Maintenance culture issue here is now private sector driven, the onus and incentives is on the private sector to maintain those vehicle to standard or get kicked out of the scheme.
Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by mapet: 12:28pm On May 23, 2016
dedons:
This APC government sef.

They are talking about rebranding the transport sector but nobody is talking about getting rid of the TOUTS who extort money from commercial drivers on the roads of LAGOS.

The rebranding is expected to take care of that. In a well organised transport sector, the "touts" can be well engaged in organised activites ranging from ticketing, maintenance artisans, Park wardens etc
Re: Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses by sleekpro(m): 12:47pm On May 23, 2016
DaBullIT:

why is it that some of you guys reason with it #anus,
what exactly is good about this project?
what is even wrong with this APC led govmnt, all they do is set up policies and project that will make the masses suffer, yes I said so, before someone best me up here, let's look into it this way.
if they face off danfos off the road, how of those danfo drivers or owners can afford to buy an AC bus, before you know is, the rich will come and take over the secyir, and the fair will be high for a common man, and the so called AC onec will not last for two years, but a well maintaind danfo can work like for ever.

they should have try to put a policy to make sure the danfos on Lagos roads are well maitaind to meet up with the standard that the state is expecting to meet with, let's start having that maintaining culture. the country is without money they say, where will they bring out money to buy AC buses?

there is no change in this #CHANGE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Military Operation: Food, Transportation Crises Hit Delta, Bayelsa / Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka / Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.