Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Do The Youths Really Matter In Nigeria? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do The Youths Really Matter In Nigeria? (1122 Views)

Are Nigerian Youths Really Lazy? / These 15 Things Will Matter A Lot Less To You In The Future / Do Nigerian Youths Really Have A Tomorrow? By Tijani Sheriffdeen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do The Youths Really Matter In Nigeria? by KingTom(m): 7:42am On May 23, 2016
When we were boys in primary and secondary school, we all heard that infamous cliché "you are the leaders of tomorrow" it sounds laughable now doesn't it? I mean the originators of that phrase can still put their feet down and argue that tomorrow is not yet upon us, that we must wait our turn! We wait we wait oh how we wait they reassure us "we are fighting for your future" it's you we have in mind, when ASUU declared their strike in 2003/2004 we were lambasted as being half baked graduates and it's because the Government doesn't care about us so they (ASUU) had to fight for us I was not happy staying at home for 7 months but I grit my teeth and said yeah my lecturers are fighting for me. When their demands were finally met something remarkable happened, it was as if we were in stuck in the past and woke up to see the future, 504s and 505s were replaced with fully air conditioned Camrys and fully air conditioned Accords and all what not it was as if everybody was competing to have the biggest and the best and once again the youths whom they were "fighting" for were left neglected, our halls were still crowded and our laboratories still wasted away in their dilapidated states and when we got up and said we were fed up, the sweet soothing cliche was brought back, tomorrow will come Tomorrow will come. This is 2016 and the National Youth Service Corps has divided its service year into two batches, A and B now when we served it used to be batches A, B and C that had been modified so in these two batches they have streams stream I and stream II. We all know the hullabaloo about the budget and the economy but what I think we need to look at is the plight of these innocent kids whose lives are being tossed about like a volleyball in Misty may Treanor's hands. My brother called me on the 17the of this month he was excited to finally go to camp he like thousands of others fell into stream II BATCH A he told me he he'd resign immediately which he did, he went about shopping and keeping me updated I for one was very happy, we even booked a flight for him. Tragedy struck the next day when he called me with a gloomy voice "Egbon it is finished" he explained to me that early the next morning he got a text telling him it had been postponed due to what was that funny word again "logistics" thus leaving thousands confused, frustrated and angry now when something is postponed new dates get announced right? Such is not the case here these kids are being flung left and right and its seems nobody gives a damn, I sympathize with them I do, may of them never wanted to serve but they know it's a pre requisite for many jobs, those who resigned were promptly replaced and as such have been casted back to the abyss of unemployment. So I ask everyone once more, do the youths of Nigeria really matter? Do we give a Damn about them? Are they important to us? Bite your nails and answer this unending questions.
Good Morning.

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Do The Youths Really Matter In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:46am On May 23, 2016
Honestly I'm tired I'm just fed up!!!
Lalasticlala we need to have our voices heard!!

Cc.phykel
Candicejay
Fraiser
Okitaiji
Ray4000
Barongmj
Lvlink
Honeybash
Marluv
Grooove
Smartins1
Giftiebrown
IG
Eaglevision
Oyehomie
Suogal
Re: Do The Youths Really Matter In Nigeria? by WeedyGonzalez(m): 7:48am On May 23, 2016
Please has anyone heard anything because I'm tired. OP I resigned too I'm currently confused I can't go job hunting because I'm not sure when they'll put the camp date you see how NYSC is using us
Re: Do The Youths Really Matter In Nigeria? by nrexzy: 7:51am On May 23, 2016
Do we still have Youths in this country
Re: Do The Youths Really Matter In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:00am On May 23, 2016
nrexzy:
Do we still have Youths in this country
honestly with the way things are going all we have are frustrated elements guy I dey boil like wetin for here!
Re: Do The Youths Really Matter In Nigeria? by kinglekan: 8:08am On May 23, 2016

This is deep!
Re: Do The Youths Really Matter In Nigeria? by nrexzy: 8:31am On May 23, 2016
selvad:
honestly with the way things are going all we have are frustrated elements guy I dey boil like wetin for here!
No vex we go carry u go polar region make u cool down small
Re: Do The Youths Really Matter In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:32am On May 23, 2016
nrexzy:

No vex we go carry u go polar region make u cool down small
NYSC has really messed us up
Re: Do The Youths Really Matter In Nigeria? by nrexzy: 8:46am On May 23, 2016
selvad:
NYSC has really messed us up
Yes º°˚˚­˚°º‎​ buh it gets better
Re: Do The Youths Really Matter In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:47am On May 23, 2016
nrexzy:

Yes º°˚˚­˚°º‎​ buh it gets better
I hope so
Re: Do The Youths Really Matter In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:21am On May 23, 2016
Lalasticlala please!!
Re: Do The Youths Really Matter In Nigeria? by kceewhyte(m): 10:41am On May 23, 2016
nice

Front Page

Lalasticlala
Re: Do The Youths Really Matter In Nigeria? by RobinHez(m): 6:09pm On May 23, 2016
the government of Nigeria is run by people born in the stone-age ... cry
Re: Do The Youths Really Matter In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 23, 2016
Mods please we are crying everyday. Help us
cc:
Lalasticlala
Dominique
Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Wonders Of The World: Rain Falls At Just One Specific Point Like A Tap In Togo / Torrent Payer!! Fast Paying Peer To Peer Donation Site / Security Alert: Simplepay Have Been Hacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.