Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,490 members, 7,801,261 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (575556 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by cris83: 4:43pm On Feb 24, 2020
Ulrich01:

Una sorry oo. VAT don enter... cheesy grin. Una go dey alright las las

Man, that free night browsing everyday pay die. I have to sacrifice and upgrade to the next available plan for it. My pocket go shrink but I go manage
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by khattab008: 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2020
Ulrich01:

Una sorry oo. VAT don enter... cheesy grin. Una go dey alright las las

Bro e no funny jare.

I was just about to renew my subscription sef.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by cris83: 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2020
khattab008:

This is an unfavourable change cry cry .

Indeed and swift night browsing @ night far better than spectranet.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by khattab008: 4:55pm On Feb 24, 2020
cris83:

Man, that free night browsing everyday pay die. I have to sacrifice and upgrade to the next available plan for it. My pocket go shrink but I go manage

Exactly, I might have to upgrade too if my pocket allows it.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 4:56pm On Feb 24, 2020
cris83:
Swift merit promo free night browsing daily is gone. New plans restrict browsing to weekends alone. Chai

Byebye to swift, this is one of the plans that kept their customers loyal to them. Hope they thought these through.
Wishing them the best, next network pls. Who knows an alternative?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by khattab008: 5:01pm On Feb 24, 2020
saint2ace:

Byebye to swift, this is one of the plans that kept their customers loyal to them. Hope they thought these through.

I don't think there's an alternative from other ISPs, the merit plan was the cheapest truly unlimited plan.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by cris83: 5:12pm On Feb 24, 2020
saint2ace:

None. Even spectranet free night is 1am to 7am and strictly weekends. Speeds get throttled when a data cap is reached to 512kb which swift doesn't do, at least to my knowledge...
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 5:19pm On Feb 24, 2020
khattab008:

I don't think there's an alternative from other ISPs, the merit plan was the cheapest truly unlimited plan.

Spectranet has an option, not as cheap with a small marginal increase but an option all the same
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 5:23pm On Feb 24, 2020
cris83:

None. Even spectranet free night is 1am to 7am and strictly weekends. Speeds get throttled when a data cap is reached to 512kb which swift doesn't do, at least to my knowledge...

Most of Ur points are correct but the free night browsing is everyday and the throttle is after using 100GB for the month, but as duly noted, Swift offers better service but that increase... Hmmmmm
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by cris83: 5:29pm On Feb 24, 2020
saint2ace:

Most of Ur points are correct but the free night browsing is everyday and the throttle is after using 100GB for the month, but as duly noted, Swift offers better service but that increase... Hmmmmm

My brother, thanks for the correction. This new development dey pain ooh. I called customer care just to clarify and na true true. To upgrade to the next desired plan cant be done from the usual account profile as they will do it for you
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 5:32pm On Feb 24, 2020
cris83:

My brother, thanks for the correction. This new development dey pain ooh. I called customer care just to clarify and na true true. To upgrade to the next desired plan cant be done from the usual account profile as they will do it for you

They sent me an email and it was indeed painful. And yes changing of plan is always done by customer care, u either call or send an email.

Truly sad cry cry
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:04am On Feb 25, 2020
Hi all, I want to understand this spectranet/smile night browsing thing, if the monthly subscription expires; is the night browsing over
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Gnar: 2:03pm On Feb 25, 2020
brightk:
well i had a taste of GLO 4G unlimited(formerly 3TB CAP .. NOW 1TB)..

i convered 300gb in two days and i nor de steady on top pc..... if u live in a glo 4g area.. bros u go enjoy...just that its expensive....50k now.. used to be 80k

What is the average speed?

I see it's 4Mbps on the Glo support page. Using 300GB within 24 hrs would mean the speed is higher right?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by meum: 9:50pm On Feb 25, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Hi all, I want to understand this spectranet/smile night browsing thing, if the monthly subscription expires; is the night browsing over
Definitely. Nothing connects them with you anymore apart from their SIM card grin

Your monthly subscription gives you access to the night browsing.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
meum:
Definitely. Nothing connects them with you anymore apart from their SIM card grin
Your monthly subscription gives you access to the night browsing.
Lol cheesy
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by cris83: 1:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
See this Swift network. I don't know what is wrong with their brains. I saw this from the twitter page. Seems they have reverted back to the free browsing at night on a daily basis. I dey suspect some wuruwuru somewhere. What about other swift merit promo users here. The past two nights, I have been downloading as usual at the normal time no deduction.

1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Zukoslim(m): 1:45pm On Feb 26, 2020
cris83:
See this Swift network. I don't know what is wrong with their brains. I saw this from the twitter page. Seems they have reverted back to the free browsing at night on a daily basis. I dey suspect some wuruwuru somewhere. What about other swift merit promo users here. The past two nights, I have been downloading as usual at the normal time no deduction.
lol...no joy.. seems they realized majority of their subscribers are the promo own..
sometimes when dealing business you have to look at your targeted audience and the market. whatever plan they intend to bring, other brands may have it, you just have to bring something different to attract Ur customer.. careless error Ntel did removing wawu original plan and ended up increasing it without any improvement in data or service.. unserious people

5 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by cris83: 1:57pm On Feb 26, 2020
Zukoslim:

lol...no joy.. seems they realized majority of their subscribers are the promo own..
sometimes when dealing business you have to look at your targeted audience and the market. whatever plan they intend to bring, other brands may have it, you just have to bring something different to attract Ur customer.. careless error Ntel did removing wawu original plan and ended up increasing it without any improvement in data or service.. unserious people

Well said bruv. I just confirmed via DM with swift network that the daily night free browsing for swift merit is back. To pay almost 10k a month go cut me small. With 6k, I can still breathe.

4 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by khattab008: 1:59pm On Feb 26, 2020
cris83:

Maybe they made a mistake in the other post.

Has anybody subscribed for the swift merit plan recently(last couple of days)? I'll like to know if they're enjoying the free browsing.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by cris83: 2:14pm On Feb 26, 2020
khattab008:

Maybe they made a mistake in the other post.

Has anybody subscribed for the swift merit plan recently(last couple of days)? I'll like to know if they're enjoying the free browsing.

Based on that picture I just uploaded before, this was the response...

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by khattab008: 2:34pm On Feb 26, 2020
cris83:

Based on that picture I just uploaded before, this was the response...

Thanks, I'll proceed to subscribe for the Merit plan.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 3:35pm On Feb 26, 2020
cris83:

Got a mail to confirm this too, I guess someone finally talked some sense into their head, cos they would have lost almost 40% of their customers.

Good for them sha. Nice one swift network

3 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Exceptionalkeil(m): 12:48am On Feb 28, 2020
#6,000

meum:

Still available N8, 000(device only)
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by BlessedHay(m): 5:23am On Feb 28, 2020
Hi all

Please which is the best LTE provider around Sango Ota in terms of speed and cost?

I'm tired of this data plans embarassed

Thanks
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by chinli(m): 8:05am On Feb 28, 2020
How much does a swift SIM card cost?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by zevous: 11:56am On Feb 28, 2020
Exceptionalkeil:
#6,000

Please what's the name of the plan that you on that gives free night browsing for 6k
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by meum: 12:58pm On Feb 28, 2020
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by iamxolomon(m): 11:36pm On Feb 28, 2020
Good evening everyone. Please I need your help on choosing a good internet service that offer unlimited plans. Please which one would u recommend and how would i know if the network is available in my area. I reside in Ogun state, lambe bus stop, akute, not far from iju ishaga. I would be glad to get a response asap. Thanks
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by GreyBlood: 7:23am On Feb 29, 2020
Greetings, is tizeti (wifi.com.ng) still ok now? I heard they have increased their resident unlimited package from 9.5k to 12k abi 12.5k. Is it still advisable to use them as i plan to dish dstv and get a broadband to use internet TV.
Please advise if to go for them or there are other good choices I could make as I've got my fingers burnt before when I bought smile 4g and went for unlimited without asking questions first. I saw hell then and ditched it after 1month.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by fowlyansh181(m): 7:43am On Feb 29, 2020
GreyBlood:
Greetings, is tizeti (wifi.com.ng) still ok now? I heard they have increased their resident unlimited package from 9.5k to 12k abi 12.5k. Is it still advisable to use them as i plan to dish dstv and get a broadband to use internet TV.
Please advise if to go for them or there are other good choices I could make as I've got my fingers burnt before when I bought smile 4g and went for unlimited without asking questions first. I saw hell then and ditched it after 1month.
speed is abysmal
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Catchfirez: 11:39am On Feb 29, 2020
GreyBlood:

Don't try it. There downtime no be from here. And it's only good to street Netflix and youtube, but IPTV bro, you go dey vex. Except on weekends that's when the network is ok.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (272) (Reply)

Mobile Phone Antivirus Software Download - Free. / Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.