Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (576774 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Michealvegas: 10:27am On Feb 20, 2022
Server88:
Wow, it's been a while since I dropped by this thread. However, I'm just passing through to let y'all know Hynet Flex is absolute trash.
Whatever you do, even if they tell you MTN Hynetflex is the last network in the Milky Way Galaxy, don't you ever buy it. Better to go cave man style and go off-grid than to buy it.
Before I bought mine, I received mixed reviews. Now, I can safely say, hardly anyone gave a more accurate what's up with the router than Bastardson.

What's my experience on it?
PERFORMANCE
The Cat 4 Router doesn't improve your network speed or give you more stable connection even with LAN cable. Frankly, there's no difference between it and my phone's hotspot. It's the same damn experience, if anything it's only slightly better, but insignificant.
Also, the router modifications don't reflect. The DMZ Settings, Static IP for NAT type, uPnP don't reflect at all. This is for those considering using it on a PS4.
Verdict: It's not worth it for gaming or anything.

DATA BONUS
The 120GB is legit, all those people saying it drains fast, or that they just watched a few Netflix movies on it and it exhausted, don't know what they're talking about. The 120GB was 120GB. That's really the only thing that helped me recoup my losses.
As for subscription, it claimed to give double data for a few months, well I doubt it works on the standard data plans. I didn't bother trying the Hynet plans.

Also, the new Hynetflex routers come with some Micro Ups that doesn't have a power off button instead of a battery, so it is perpetually on.

Why did I share this?
As I said earlier, most reviewers don't even know what they're talking about. This is to clear those who are even considering the Hynetflex router.
If anything, the person who gave the Router the last green light that made me purchase it as we both used it for the same purpose, rage quit a few days ago and bought an universal Mifi with Airtel sim.
Right now, I've used the 120GB bonus down to 3.4GB, it expires tomorrow 14/01/22, exactly 1 month since I bought it. If anything good came out of this, it was that I basically got a free Router if you compare the data bonus cost with standard cost. Also, I don't have to use my phone as a hotspot.
Ngl,I'm not surprised smiley

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 6:19pm On Feb 20, 2022
GreaterFuture:

Yh...
Not a premium setup obviously, hence the bandwidth, But it's okay enough for you and serves you.
I watch 8k movies with swift while streaming and it works quite well.. Tho my TV is 4K so it will be 4k.. No buffering
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by kannex: 11:00pm On Feb 20, 2022
Abeg who don hear about teltwine how good is it pls i need answer
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Readability: 10:09am On Feb 23, 2022
seankafor:
There is clear difference between the MTN mifi and normal phone network.

If there isn't network in your location, there isn't.. even the mifi can't help you..

Such a shame for an overpriced piece of shiit sad
What do you mean?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by kannex: 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2022
bastardson:
I watch 8k movies with swift while streaming and it works quite well.. Tho my TV is 4K so it will be 4k.. No buffering
i dont believe wnyone can stream an 8k content with 20mbs before anyone can truly watch 8k then he/she need at least 40-50mbs speed be able to watch 8k
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 1:48pm On Feb 24, 2022
kannex:
i dont believe wnyone can stream an 8k content with 20mbs before anyone can truly watch 8k then he/she need at least 40-50mbs speed be able to watch 8k

It's possible.. 8k is just a Resolution...

Bit rates is what determines the data rate you need..

50mbs self cannot stream some high quality 1080p, example 1080p Video shot at 100Mbps

To reduce video size I shot 1080p at 4Mbps so any 4-5Mbps data will stream this quality if video.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by webhead: 4:35pm On Feb 26, 2022
bastardson:
shocked 8k shocked

Where do you stay Pls?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Tolu181: 8:51pm On Feb 26, 2022
bastardson:
are their 8k movies now? angry
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Tolu181: 8:57pm On Feb 26, 2022
GreaterFuture:

No data Cap
It's smile, swift, spectranet and NTEL.
Price is relative, as it is per device. But the highest is 7k
MTN too dey, much higher at initial* setup, but monthly is 5k.

You will not understand and I can not say all of it here obviously, that's why I say DM
your number?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 12:08am On Feb 27, 2022
My TV is just 4K ohh, so I believe the 8k movie will probably stream just 4K content
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by havensagu1: 10:45pm On Mar 08, 2022
Has anyone tried ngcom, are they good? And what's their speed like?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by WhileTrue: 11:17pm On Mar 09, 2022
havensagu1:

Don't waste your money
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 7:52pm On Mar 15, 2022
I am back again.. Swift don break my heart.. Which one are y’all using now?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 10:49pm On Mar 15, 2022
bastardson:
I am back again.. Swift don break my heart.. Which one are y’all using now?

Still swift wttx..... Has it's bad days but overall works okay....
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 11:33pm On Mar 15, 2022
saint2ace:

Still swift wttx..... Has it's bad days but overall works okay....
I am using their Modem, they kept asking me to switch to WTTX, but issh is that I need the flexibility of moving it between home and office.

I spend more time in the office these days, tho my office is within the same estate as my home.. But about 10 mins walking distance..

Dunno if it’s something they can work around
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 11:48pm On Mar 15, 2022
bastardson:
I am using their Modem, they kept asking me to switch to WTTX, but issh is that I need the flexibility of moving it between home and office.

I spend more time in the office these days, tho my office is within the same estate as my home.. But about 10 mins walking distance..

Dunno if it’s something they can work around

It's fixed not mobile, so might not be able to serve you as it also needs a steady power source for the radio and WiFi distributor....
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by cris83: 5:13pm On Mar 18, 2022
Smile users. How does it perform so far? Swift for my area is not as it used to be when I started using it more than 2 years ago.

Also, I'm looking for spectranet sim that is fully registered. If anyone has, please let me know here. I'm based in Festac, Lagos.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Tuvic007(m): 4:02pm On Mar 23, 2022
Good day All,

Please anybody here using "e-stream network"? How is their network and general services? Is their package truly unlimited?

Any valuable information will be appreciated.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Deicide: 6:37pm On Mar 23, 2022
cris83:
Smile users. How does it perform so far? Swift for my area is not as it used to be when I started using it more than 2 years ago.

Also, I'm looking for spectranet sim that is fully registered. If anyone has, please let me know here. I'm based in Festac, Lagos.
I have one am not using though am in Katsina grin
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 1:59am On Mar 24, 2022
cris83:

It appears eevryone is shifting away from Swift as their services has really become crappy
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Psychodavidovic(m): 11:53pm On Mar 24, 2022
bastardson:
It appears eevryone is shifting away from Swift as their services has really become crappy

Swift has gradually deteriorated. I've left them to ntel and it's not as if ntel is any better swift has just gotten that bad.

On top of that they keep hiking their prices every few months.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 9:20am On Mar 25, 2022
Psychodavidovic:

Swift has gradually deteriorated. I've left them to ntel and it's not as if ntel is any better swift has just gotten that bad.

It’s really painful, cuz swift is the only network that provides me a truly unlimited data package.. Funny enough I ain’t a heavy data user, I do not just like the pressure that comes with the need to always check my data balance

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Psychodavidovic(m): 11:25am On Mar 25, 2022
bastardson:
It’s really painful, cuz swift is the only network that provides me a truly unlimited data package.. Funny enough I ain’t a heavy data user, I do not just like the pressure that comes with the need to always check my data balance

Exactly. I am in the same both. Never liked the idea of doing a monthly sub twice or three times in a month. A monthly sub should be a monthly sub and last said 30days.

Started using swift when their unlimited plan was 18,500 till it got to 25k which it currently is that and the network got even worse as the price increased.

Now I'm with ntel for 18,500 for the monthly unlimited (225GB but still works even when data is exhausted, although it will be heavily throttled) and it has been way better than swift. Still bad but better than swift IMO.

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 10:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
Psychodavidovic:

Exactly. I am in the same both. Never liked the idea of doing a monthly sub twice or three times in a month. A monthly sub should be a monthly sub and last said 30days.

Started using swift when their unlimited plan was 18,500 till it got to 25k which it currently is that and the network got even worse as the price increased.

Now I'm with ntel for 18,500 for the monthly unlimited (225GB but still works even when data is exhausted, although it will be heavily throttled) and it has been way better than swift. Still bad but better than swift IMO.
Thinking of trying the Spectranet Unlimited 500GB at 18,500 or 19k .. It worked well at home today, but a bit crappy at work.. Still studying it

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Manutd19: 11:24pm On Mar 25, 2022
Is anyone using Lifi?

Any review?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by WhileTrue: 12:29pm On Mar 28, 2022
Psychodavidovic:

I am using Swift the 4g outdoor with 27k subscription no issues so far. Work very fast

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 2:13pm On Mar 28, 2022
WhileTrue:

I am using Swift the 4g outdoor with 27k subscription no issues so far. Work very fast
I was considering this, but then I need to sometimes move my internet.. I spend more time in the office
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by WhileTrue: 10:05pm On Mar 28, 2022
bastardson:
I was considering this, but then I need to sometimes move my internet.. I spend more time in the office

For now, I have not seen a portable solution with unlimited that is good apart from GSM Airtel and MTN which are necessarily expensive and also depends on the area
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by WVTech: 11:23pm On Mar 29, 2022
havensagu1:
just had one installed for a client, speed was decent, but the sales rep gave me the run around after payment.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by georgee(m): 10:43pm On Mar 31, 2022
Who knows or has used Konnect/Coolink?

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by olopan(m): 11:30am On Apr 03, 2022
i do not know much but Ntel is actually quite a superb network ...... in my area 2nd best for 4G only networks ..... consistent and always on. upload is great too
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by georgee(m): 6:33pm On Apr 03, 2022
Has anyone used Hooptelecomms?

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.