Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (577103 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by cris83: 6:43pm On Apr 03, 2022
Has anyone started using FibreOne unlimited broadband? How is their service as i cant get enough information from the website so im really skeptical about going into business with these guys. Any good news about them??
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by GreaterFuture(m): 9:47am On Apr 05, 2022
cris83:
Has anyone started using FibreOne unlimited broadband? How is their service as i cant get enough information from the website so im really skeptical about going into business with these guys. Any good news about them??
It's area dependent.
If a fibreoptic Provider is available in your Area, and they say they have coverage there, go with them, it's the best for now...
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by retiredGamer: 1:29pm On Apr 05, 2022
cris83:

https://www.google.com/search?q=fiber+one

Check the customer reviews on their page.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by kannex: 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2022
Please how can i bypass speed throlling on spectranet router please i will be greatful if someone can help me do the bypass thanks in advance
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by olopan(m): 1:15pm On Apr 09, 2022
facing similar issue with Ntel, stuck on 300-600KB/s unlike when it goes to 3-1MB/s

kannex:
Please how can i bypass speed throlling on spectranet router please i will be greatful if someone can help me do the bypass thanks in advance
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by RubiesBanking: 12:39am On Apr 13, 2022
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Gentledizzle: 10:47am On Apr 13, 2022
kannex:

What plan are you using??
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nabzi6: 11:42pm On Apr 28, 2022
Please guys i need advice on getting optic fiber internet, I'm currently using ntel but I'm not getting good speed and I'm on the 18500 family plan.
For the speed issue, could it be because I'm using a spectranet router?
I'm thinking of going for ipnx but i don't know how reliable they are.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 2:14am On Apr 29, 2022
I don't think there is any FTTH provider in Nigeria that has better pricing-to-speed plans than MTN's Fibre To The Home (FTTH) broadband plans.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by anozie09(m): 4:31am On Apr 29, 2022
dustmalik:
I don't think there is any FTTH provider in Nigeria that has better pricing-to-speed plans than MTN's Fibre To The Home (FTTH) broadband plans.
The thing is, is it truly unlimited or does it have data cap/throttling?

4 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by georgee(m): 6:45am On Apr 29, 2022
anozie09:

The thing is, is it truly unlimited or does it have data cap/throttling?
This question is very valid

Can anyone confirm?

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ifec92: 1:12pm On Apr 30, 2022
There has been no Ntel network in akowonjo for the past 8days...who else is experiencing this issues please
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by georgee(m): 9:22am On May 01, 2022
dustmalik:
Na only Vi, Ikoyi, banana Island dem dey
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 8:36pm On May 02, 2022
dustmalik:
am. Sure it's capped grin
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by CypressHill2020: 9:08pm On May 02, 2022
ifec92:
There has been no Ntel network in akowonjo for the past 8days...who else is experiencing this issues please

How do you guys cope with that network? Their Twitter TL is replete with complaints all the way. Imagine paying =N=18,500 for the unlimited family plan which by the way is capped at 150GB before you're throttled down to snail speed and then this blackout. Mennn, una dey try!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by kannex: 12:46am On May 03, 2022
Have anyone use wifiber.ng service i heard they offer fiber internet.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by kannex: 3:14am On May 03, 2022
Have been wondering why it's has not been posible to have a unified fiber optic cable been layed down in nigeria. What i mean is that for instance fiberone broadband, ipnx, ngcom, estreem, fibernet etc dont have their services in agege, egbeda, ogba, iyana ipaja ect because their fiber cable is not been layed in those areas, now, dotmac broadband, wifiber etc have coverage in agege, egbeda, ogba, iyana ipaja etc, why is there not a type of technology that will enable the like of fiberone broadband, ipnx, ngcom, estreem, fibernet etc, have coverage agege, egbeda, ogba, iyana ipaja, without the need of laying their own fiber optic cable, instead they will just connect to the existing fiber network which was layed down by other companies through a kind of unified system, which will just enable the like of fiberone broadband etc to just pay a fee or a type of agreement to the company that lay that fiber and fiberone broadband and the likes will have coverage in those areas that they previously didnt have coverage and also offer their services to these areas without the need of laying cable because a company have done that so instead instead of laying cables you just need to connect to the existing fiber optic cable that have been layed down by other company through some type of agreement or contract that have coverage in that particular area that your company is trying cover.

With this technique or system it will save cost of laying fiber optics cable, a company can just decide to either lay fiber optics cable and let others to partner with the company fiber optics and bring internet services to that paricular area or community, internet will be cheaper, dstv will have low patronage because every one will be streaming either iptv, netflix, irokotv etc, and, there will be a lot of competiton bacause so many companies will join the platform and offer very cheaper internet service plan, fiber reach almost all part of nigeria within ten years

3 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by cris83: 9:08am On May 03, 2022
Good day folks. I am selling my Spectranet CPE B310-927 router. Fairly used (with slight scratches), unlocked and works with all mobile and 4g networks (Smile, Swift).
Price is 16k
Attached are photos. I can be reached at:
zer0, nine, zer0, nine, eight, one, four, eight, nine, five, six via call or whatsapp.
Location is Lagos.

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by CavendishPlex: 9:12am On May 03, 2022
kannex:
Have been wondering why it's has not been posible to have a unified fiber optic cable been layed down in nigeria. What i mean is that for instance fiberone broadband, ipnx, ngcom, estreem, fibernet etc dont have their services in agege, egbeda, ogba, iyana ipaja ect because their fiber cable is not been layed in those areas, now, dotmac broadband, wifiber etc have coverage in agege, egbeda, ogba, iyana ipaja etc, why is there not a type of technology that will enable the like of fiberone broadband, ipnx, ngcom, estreem, fibernet etc, have coverage agege, egbeda, ogba, iyana ipaja, without the need of laying their own fiber optic cable, instead they will just connect to the existing fiber network which was layed down by other companies through a kind of unified system, which will just enable the like of fiberone broadband etc to just pay a fee or a type of agreement to the company that lay that fiber and fiberone broadband and the likes will have coverage in those areas that they previously didnt have coverage and also offer their services to these areas without the need of laying cable because a company have done that so instead instead of laying cables you just need to connect to the existing fiber optic cable that have been layed down by other company through some type of agreement or contract that have coverage in that particular area that your company is trying cover.

With this technique or system it will save cost of laying fiber optics cable, a company can just decide to either lay fiber optics cable and let others to partner with the company fiber optics and bring internet services to that paricular area or community, internet will be cheaper, dstv will have low patronage because every one will be streaming either iptv, netflix, irokotv etc, and, there will be a lot of competiton bacause so many companies will join the platform and offer very cheaper internet service plan, fiber reach almost all part of nigeria within ten years

There's actually an ongoing project in Lagos at the moment called the Smart City Initiative whereby there'll be a deployment of a single cable duct for all telecom companies and other utility providers operating in the city.

As you drive around many parts of Lagos, you'd have noticed men digging the ground and laying different coloured pipes across. The aim is to have companies offering fibre optic cable services pass their cables through these pipes as against the worrisome practice of digging up the ground by every company just to lay their cables. In essence, it's a "dig once" policy.

It's just a matter of time before this whole thing comes to fruition. Let's just be hopeful this isn't yet another white elephant project.

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by georgee(m): 10:36am On May 03, 2022
kannex:
Have anyone use wifiber.ng service i heard they offer fiber internet.

Would like to hear from anyone using this wifiber ISP
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by retiredGamer: 7:45pm On May 03, 2022
Is it possible to sell an MTN Hynet Router? Cause if not. I'm throwing it away.

It's almost brand spanking new, I'll retain the sim but the router's gotta go. Useless network.

I'm on 400kbps after paying for the unlimited subscription, can't even browse with it.

If you're interested please let me know. At Lekki Phase 2.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 8:48pm On May 03, 2022
So nothing yet?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by georgee(m): 9:18pm On May 03, 2022
retiredGamer:

It's almost brand spanking new, I'll retain the sim but the router's gotta go. Useless network.

I'm on 400kbps after paying for the unlimited subscription, can't even browse with it.

400Kbps undecided
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by retiredGamer: 8:04am On May 04, 2022
I believe they throttled my bandwidth, But I don't know why they would do that.

I haven't downloaded on this network since it's more of a backup to my main broadband.

I checked and it hasn't expired, my data usage is under the monthly maximum on their website before you can expect throttling.

So I have no idea why I can't even get 1mbps for days now. Can't even open web pages properly.

I've always known MTN was useless anyway, I only bought as backup but it's even failing at that.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 3:12pm On May 05, 2022
retiredGamer:

Google the network providers that provides Fibre services in your location..

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by vower(m): 12:34pm On May 08, 2022
I heard using our satellite dish we can get free internet or atleast internet as along as we subscribe to our TV service,it's possible. My question is why is nobody trying to look into this or do it

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toptaste(m): 5:49am On May 09, 2022
dustmalik:

The reach is currently very restricted. https://www.mtnonline.com/broadband-service-agreement-form/

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by georgee(m): 6:42am On May 09, 2022
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 10:55am On May 18, 2022
Any new thing yet?

Which are you using?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tumixxo: 11:44am On May 25, 2022
Pls can anyone recommend an ISP for good gaming and streaming at Fola Agoro/Somolu/Yaba area? That they currently use
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by warrenweste(m): 3:05pm On May 25, 2022
bastardson:
Google the network providers that provides Fibre services in your location..

please is it possible to use my hynetflex sim with subscription in my other mtn router?

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.