Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead (47156 Views)

Adeogun Phillips Steps Down In Trial Of Nwali Ngwuta / Could This Be The Reason Why Justice Nwali Ngwuta Is Been Hunted By The Dss? / – One Of The Founding Fathers Of Ebonyi State, Senator Dr. Ofia Nwali Dies At 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by Situation001(m): 12:28pm On May 25, 2016
pond ke
Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by danthamccoy(m): 12:30pm On May 25, 2016
RIP.
All those callous moro.ns coming into this thread to act brain dead should be ashamed of themselves.
Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 25, 2016
The dastardly irresponsible and evil deeds they have been complicit in over the past 2 decades has caught up with them.. may all senators past and present be visited by their SINS .AMEN

1 Like

Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by 9jatatafo(m): 12:31pm On May 25, 2016
funkyibodude:
So sad, I remember his story how he lost his wife, his new born baby and house maid in a plane crash involving Nigerian airways in 1983 at Enugu airport on their way back from the US.. Since then nobody heard of him again as it was rumored that he retired to his village.. Anyway may his soul rest in peace and may he joyfully reunite with his dead family in the world beyond sad

Life is cruel

1 Like

Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 25, 2016
RIP to him. In btw, I see facial resemblance with our current president.
Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by Eluwilussit(m): 12:32pm On May 25, 2016
Keneking:
But I heard he died in a pond undecided

Wondering why nobody is addressing that. The cause of death is very important. angry. Such a great man. R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 25, 2016
Buhari is a dullardic fulani slowpoke.may thunder fire his next 10 generations.

1 Like

Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by Bobbysmart6(m): 12:33pm On May 25, 2016
Na goodluck papa be this?.them too resemble
Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 25, 2016
Zellie:
I don't like this guy sad

undecided
Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by Eluwilussit(m): 12:38pm On May 25, 2016
DrDauda:

Buhari is a dullardic fulani slowpoke.may thunder fire his next 10 generations.

Bro, but this is about late Dr Offia Nwali na? Can't we leave bubu alone for a second? But wait o, you are partly right. grin
Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by Ubijus1(m): 12:40pm On May 25, 2016
PEOPLE SHOULDN'T DISTORT PROFILES AND HISTORY, HE ISN'T THE CHIEF OF AMEKA VILLAGE.

RIP TO THE GREAT MAN

2 Likes

Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by scanner1000(m): 12:42pm On May 25, 2016
Dead pool in his hox
Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by Marotzke(m): 12:45pm On May 25, 2016
The body of Dr Offia Nwali just died recently, the soul died December 1983 with the ill fated Nigerian airways fokker 28 crash in Emene (Enugu).

In that flight were his wife (chief Mrs Uche Offia Nwali and their six children including an infant less than two months old).
Horrified with this mind numbing tragedy, Dr Offia Nwali then a Senator abandoned his mansions , his cars and all his wealth and fled to his village Ameka Ezza. There he forsook his country home and built a Hut with mud and grass.
He didn't want anything again with the modernity that took away his family and life as he knew it.

Everybody understood and commiserated with him. But when he said he didn't want anything to do with women again, the elders of Ameka drew the line. No way they chorused in unison.

Promptly an 18 year old maiden was provided for him for marriage.
It would be decades again before we hear again of this great Ebonyi son and a legend in Igbo land.

By 2005 when Ebonyi state was scouting for a worthy son for appointment as Chancellor for Ebonyi state university, the credentials of Dr Offia Nwali towered above every other. PhD mathematics and computer analytical studies ,Harvard university 1966.

The Governor of the state Dr Sam Egwu had to go to his Ameka village to plead with him to come and take the post.
By then, the new wife had given birth to six children one of whom is Oguzor Nwali. Thank God for the wisdom of the elders of Ameka. An Oguzor Nwali today can stand and speak for his father and preside over his father's funeral ceremonies.
Though bowed by a very grievous tragedy , Dr Offia Nwali remained unbroken.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 25, 2016
People don't just die in ponds, it's either accidental or intentional,either way,the police needs to investigate which I doubt nfp will b interested in

1 Like

Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by Eluwilussit(m): 1:32pm On May 25, 2016
Keneking:

Wondering why nobody is addressing that. The cause of death is very important. angry. Such a great man. R.I.P
Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by kaeycea(m): 1:37pm On May 25, 2016
RIP
Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury but signifies nothing

1 Like

Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by Xapio: 1:56pm On May 25, 2016
Zellie:
grin grin grin grin He is very annoying ba?
Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by MayhorE(m): 1:58pm On May 25, 2016
Keneking:
City hunter in town
Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by Coldfeets: 2:27pm On May 25, 2016
funkyibodude:
So sad, I remember his story how he lost his wife, his new born baby and house maid in a plane crash involving Nigerian airways in 1983 at Enugu airport on their way back from the US.. Since then nobody heard of him again as it was rumored that he retired to his village.. Anyway may his soul rest in peace and may he joyfully reunite with his dead family in the world beyond sad

Chai, guy you don old o!

For you to remember that story.

Respect.
Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by Henon: 3:06pm On May 25, 2016
englishmart:
they should stop dying.... Shey them think say this world na their own
Your drugs don finish?
Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by ihec(m): 3:28pm On May 25, 2016
Ah bt y ina. Pond now abi. Him tink. Say. Na swimming. Pool?? Anyway RIP. Dr.nwali
Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by reynold101: 3:28pm On May 25, 2016
Zellie:

The things is how can people be killed like rat in this present day Nigeria is beyond reasoning. No investigations. Nothing..another hero down just likethat.
Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by sharonbaron(m): 3:42pm On May 25, 2016
Rip sen offiah nwali Dr nwali represented the then abakiliki senatorial zone from October 1979 to Oct 1983 he was among the early advocates for the creation of ebonyi state there was this famous statement he made during the anambra north/south dichotomy in the old anambra state he said that even if a palm wine tapper is the most qualified he should be given appointment in the civil service in order to fill the position meant for abakiliki zone his late wife uche was a lawyer, a named partner in nwali ezeofor and associates located at ogui road enugu she was a matron of the girls guide of nigeria anambra state commissioner for women affairs under Jim nwobodo s a administration was elected member of the house of reps representing abakiliki south constituency. In late 1983 around October a nigerian airways Boeing flight clashed in a farmland near enugu airport killing sen nwali s wife 4 kids and one of their house helps. Among those killed was chief c c onoh s daughter whom graduated from law in the UK. According to some eye witness Mrs nwali came out of the plain unhurt but had to rush back to save her children. Sen nwali chaired the Senate committee aviation during his term in the Senate

1 Like

Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by Kashif(m): 3:53pm On May 25, 2016
Marotzke:
The body of Dr Offia Nwali just died recently, the soul died December 1983 with the ill fated Nigerian airways fokker 28 crash in Emene (Enugu).

In that flight were his wife (chief Mrs Uche Offia Nwali and their six children including an infant less than two months old).
Horrified with this mind numbing tragedy, Dr Offia Nwali then a Senator abandoned his mansions , his cars and all his wealth and fled to his village Ameka Ezza. There he forsook his country home and built a Hut with mud and grass.
He didn't want anything again with the modernity that took away his family and life as he knew it.

Everybody understood and commiserated with him. But when he said he didn't want anything to do with women again, the elders of Ameka drew the line. No way they chorused in unison.

Promptly an 18 year old maiden was provided for him for marriage.
It would be decades again before we hear again of this great Ebonyi son and a legend in Igbo land.

By 2005 when Ebonyi state was scouting for a worthy son for appointment as Chancellor for Ebonyi state university, the credentials of Dr Offia Nwali towered above every other. PhD mathematics and computer analytical studies ,Harvard university 1966.

The Governor of the state Dr Sam Egwu had to go to his Ameka village to plead with him to come and take the post.
By then, the new wife had given birth to six children one of whom is Oguzor Nwali. Thank God for the wisdom of the elders of Ameka. An Oguzor Nwali today can stand and speak for his father and preside over his father's funeral ceremonies.
Though bowed by a very grievous tragedy , Dr Offia Nwali remained unbroken.

Six children at 42 means he married early. I never knew he was still alive, as nothing was heard from him again. Even thought he was from Anambra.

I remember that morning in Enugu, with the plane making noise that clearly indicated it was in distress.

I was taken to the crash site weeks later. The cockpit area was intact, but what was left of the passengers' seat were rods. The fuselage was undamaged, so I wondered what could have been responsible for the huge casualty figure. Unburnt clothing littered everywhere. I learnt it was pilot error and ironically, he made it out alive.

Everybody was shouting 'Uche Offia Nwalli, Uche Offia Nwalli'. RIP to this great man!

1 Like

Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by delka: 4:18pm On May 25, 2016
Any body here remember his issues with the Catholic Church back then. ? Catholic dioeses declared a novena against offia nwali
Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by sharonbaron(m): 4:27pm On May 25, 2016
delka:
Any body here remember his issues with the Catholic Church back then. ? Catholic dioeses declared a novena against offia nwali
Yes it had to do with the land along bisala road independence layout. It was alleged that Dr nwali connived with Barr jspc nwokolo in forcefully acquiring the above mentioned land from the Catholic Church. Barr nwokolo constructed pasc and jake hotel on the land
Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by aalangel(f): 8:36pm On May 25, 2016
funkyibodude:

And the lady was out already, but heard the cry of her children and went back inside. My mom told us the story over and over again.
Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 25, 2016
sharonbaron:

Yes it had to do with the land along bisala road independence layout. It was alleged that Dr nwali connived with Barr jspc nwokolo in forcefully acquiring the above mentioned land from the Catholic Church. Barr nwokolo constructed pasc and jake hotel on the land

Meaning, that guy was one of the people who ruined this country. Wish him Godspeed wherever he chooses to go now anyway. The evil that men do lives after them grin
Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by jbhill(m): 2:49am On May 26, 2016
I just heard a story about this man and it was terrific,insulting the blessed sacrament...jah has the final say shaaa.
Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by Nobody: 2:58am On May 26, 2016
funkyibodude:

Sad. No man ever recovers psychologically from this. That was why he relocated to the village to be by their graves despite his academic potential. US Vice president Joe Biden went through the same
Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by Tija: 5:10am On May 26, 2016
May God almighty grant him eternal rest and may his Soul rest in Peace in Jesus Christ's name Amen.He was a complete gentleman with heart of Gold. Compassionate, very erudite and dedicated to his People and Nigeria. As deputy Chairman of Ohaneze Nd'igbo he was devoted to making Nigeria a true home for all.
Re: Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead by whitebeard(m): 5:31am On May 26, 2016
VENDETTA

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore / Iara Oshiomhole And Rochas Okorocha In Imo State (Photo) / Mr. Jollof Dumps APC For PDP (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.