Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,547 members, 7,809,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center (22494 Views)

Types Of Nigerians You Will See At A Football Viewing Centre (Memes) / Cristiano Ronaldo Jr Jogging A Football (Photo) / See Photo Of The Survivors Of The Football Viewing Center Tragedy In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by bartho77(m): 11:48am On May 23, 2016
Football is one the most uniting factors in Nigeria, it is the most viewed sport worldwide, A game most people love to watch outside their homes even though they have DSTV at home.
Football viewing centers help to promote this unity and oneness and then is no doubt that this centers is a melting pot of different characters............ .. .. Without much ado, let me present to you 12 kinds of persons/fans/characters you are likely to encounter in a football viewing center.

(1)THE TALKATIVES : You are sure to develop headache if you seat close to this set of people because of their endless bickering, they can't just shut up and watch the match(NEVER!). They say things like Messi is better than Ronaldo, Musa is better than Neymar(WTF!!).

(2) THE CHAMELEON FANS: They support whichever team wins, they may come to the viewing center as a Chelsea fan and leave as a man city fan(hoes ain't loyal)

(3) THE SLEEPERS: They come to the center all vibrant and enthusiastic, 20minutes into the match they are snoring already, they only wake when they hear the shouts of goooooaaaaaalllll!! and go back to their slumber (odi egwu)!

(4) THE LOYALISTS/FANATICS/DIE HARD FANS :They exude passion and emotion, have unwavering support for their team, they never badmouth any player or manager in their team no matter the situation even if they are losing 10-0.....you will hear words like "we are still in the game", "it is not over until it is over" (Egbon... . E don over jare)

(5) THE ANALYSTS/STATISTICIANS: They can analyze a match better than supersport anchor Robert Marawa, they question every decision taken by the referees, linesman even managers. They back up their claims with flawless stats. They make remarks like..... .. . "that wasn't a deliberate handball in the box, the referee shouldn't have awarded a penalty" (I wonder how they know it wasn't deliberate), "last season, Kante won 57% of his tackles, has a passing accuracy of 84%, and made a total of 1234 passes(jesu !, I wonder how they keep track of this)

(6) THE CLUB BASHERS :They are the comedian of the center, any football viewing center without them is redundant, they will always give you a reason to laugh even if your club is on the losing side, they can troll your club like madt.

(7)THE GAMBLERS: Nairabetters, 9jabetters, merrybetters, 360betters fall into this category, it is only this category that can rejoice when his team loses. They make statements like "Oboy, my bet Don cast" "I play this game x2.. . Oooo"

(cool THE FOOTBALL ENCYCLOPAEDIAS: They can tell you the names of almost all the leagues and clubs in the world, from the English Premier League down to the Azerbaijanese league, they can still tell u the year the clubs was formed, the biography of footballers and that of even their spouse (I dey fear this people)

(9)THE ECONOMISTS: They apply the concept of opportunity cost before going to watch matches. They say things like "the second half na where dem dey score goal pass, so I go watch only second half and save #20 instead of wasting #50.

(10) THE BALANCE SHEET REVIEWERS: They know the assets and liabilities of virtually all their favourite footballers, their salary structure, and weekly wages. They can give you the value in Naira, Dollar, and Pounds( I salute this category)

(11) THE MUTE SQUAD: They sit with their arms folded, eyes glued to the screen, no talking, they show no passion nor emotion. Sometimes I wonder if they are watching the game or the game is watching them.

(12) THE MOCKERS: They are different from the BASHERS in the sense that they are just there to laugh at anyone whose team is losing (e dey pain sha...). The sound and style of their laughter is what hurt most.

What category are you?

Source: My humble self.. ...

No part of this publication may be re-printed or republished without prior consent of the writer.

96 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by dominique(f): 12:07pm On May 24, 2016
The only time I ever attended a viewing center was during my service year and it was fun witnessing every category of people described above (except no. 3 Who could possibly sleep in that kind of noisy environment? undecided)

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by Mediapace: 12:20pm On May 24, 2016
More loading

1 Like

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 25, 2016
Mr Op most your points are valid, but what i don't understand is the stupid warning in your conclusion. Did you write a fvcking novel?
Its totally unecessary sir.

In other news my fellow nlanders, kindly support me by clicking on my signature. Something big is gonna happen soon. Don't miss out.

5 Likes

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by Adekorya: 7:58pm On May 25, 2016
ROMEO AND JULIET

This set of people will come in holding each other hand
And start Public Display Of Affection (PDA) as if say nah them go first be in love.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by Armstrong34(m): 7:59pm On May 25, 2016
we belong to Arsene Wenger categorygrin....pricing all players like okro

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by ritababe(f): 7:59pm On May 25, 2016
LATE COMERS
they will just walk in majestically to the front row when the match is about to start, and sit at the middle with their long neck like giraffe blocking everybody's view.

45 Likes

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by Hollawaley(m): 8:00pm On May 25, 2016
The cursers: they are ready to curse your dead grand papa if you obstruct their view or if you trip on the tv or dstv wire

33 Likes

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:00pm On May 25, 2016
This wan go make sense ooo. Mah collect tickets book space sha

1 Like

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by PRINCENWAEZE(m): 8:02pm On May 25, 2016
undecided

2 Likes

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by keandre: 8:02pm On May 25, 2016
Sleepers You obviously haven't been to a viewing center.

5 Likes

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by Seeeeeeee: 8:02pm On May 25, 2016
Hmmm may i add, the instant gambler's; you hear words like Chelsea dey win anybody to bet #5000.

23 Likes

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by Emezy(m): 8:03pm On May 25, 2016
U no include phone chargers.

29 Likes

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:03pm On May 25, 2016
The confused...

Especially girls...

They don't just know what is going on...

dominique:
The only time I ever attended a viewing center was during my service year and it was fun witnessing every category of people described above (except no. 3 Who could possibly sleep in that kind of noisy environment? undecided)
Even Mod dey follow us drag FTC.. Buhari sef

6 Likes

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by LesbianBoy(m): 8:03pm On May 25, 2016
13. Those who argue mumu argument e.g Musa better pass vardy undecided

14. Stoopid idiots who shout "APC Change!" when a goal has being scored. (This was common last year when buhari the bastard took over power. But given the current situation of the country it has reduced sha) grin grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by cahrym(m): 8:04pm On May 25, 2016
To copy this tune press 1

2 Likes

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 25, 2016
the olodos

2 Likes

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by CountDracula(m): 8:04pm On May 25, 2016
Watching football publicly is always more interestin dan sittin at home watching, I fall into category 12... I am almost avin an erectiion waiting for d final on saturday... I'm a madrid fan... Which of d madrids? I guess we'll find out by 10pm saturday

14 Likes

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by Heineken(m): 8:04pm On May 25, 2016

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by wizkidblogger(f): 8:05pm On May 25, 2016
The Fighters grin

3 Likes

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by Olukokosir(m): 8:05pm On May 25, 2016
The thieves nko

6 Likes

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by tuna4servi(m): 8:05pm On May 25, 2016
Na so

2 Likes

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by JohnQueen(m): 8:05pm On May 25, 2016
Nice one! I think I belong to 5, 6 & 8. Like to talk soccer from a technical point... Yes waiting for Skysports to hire me LOL. Then for the bashing part, if teams like Barca and Atletico are playing, my sole purpose is to go there and bad belle Barca. Enough talk... Soccer is fun!

5 Likes

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by dayojags10(m): 8:05pm On May 25, 2016
I'm a football fanatics but am so 11. All I do is watch the game and direct all my vexation and happy mood to twitter. I can argue from now till tomorrow about football on twitter, but real life?, my hand no they that one

13. Those that come to the viewing centre to charge their phone, mehn so annoying

4 Likes

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by cr7lomo: 8:05pm On May 25, 2016
Lmao...the betters....arsenal don tear my ticket...lol

2 Likes

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by dancuz(m): 8:06pm On May 25, 2016
i can show all the characteristics except sleeping and betting

2 Likes

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by Moz22: 8:06pm On May 25, 2016
Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by Chestar5(f): 8:06pm On May 25, 2016
I belong to the loyalities cool

the club bashers are fun i swear cheesy, can make someone laff even when dey re bashing ur team grin...

The sleepers bawo undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by Arsenalholic(m): 8:07pm On May 25, 2016
The space bookers...

You go just jejely waka enter your favorite viewing center and head for that vintage seating spot you have been eyeing even from your house... you see say seat empty with only one "bros seating" there. Good.

Oya now make you put your ass down for the bench, the bros go just yarn in a very annoying voice "People dey here"

The thing can pain...
. undecided

In my mind I be like "where dem na, abi dem be ghost ni?"

But then, no need to argue. Just respect your self and look for another spot. grin

5 Likes

Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by vickylincon(m): 8:07pm On May 25, 2016
Bad guy. Laugh fall down
Re: 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center by moscobabs(m): 8:07pm On May 25, 2016
h

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13th All-African Games: Final Medal standings as Nigeria Finishes Second / Iheanacho Voted Leicester’s Man Of The Match After Wonder Goal Vs Crystal Palace / Ranking Of Longest Home Runs In Europe's Top 20 Leagues: Anfield Only No.3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.