Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,503 members, 7,808,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

Who Really Should Be The Next Of Kin? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Really Should Be The Next Of Kin? (732 Views)

The Cheating Spouse - What Really Should Be Done Or Not Done? / Next Of Kin / As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Really Should Be The Next Of Kin? by ifihearam: 12:41pm On May 23, 2016
Hello guys...this questioned popped up yesterday during a discussion with my friends and it got me worried with some men's reasoning....the question i want the men to address here now is: Who really should be the next of kin? Your wife or your first son/daughter?

To me i think the wife should be because the future of your kids would be guaranteed after the inevitable happens....we have seen kids who sold their father's properties and left their mom on the streets but am yet to see a mom who sold properties at the detriment of her kids... So what are your thoughts?

Moderator pls do the needful.
Re: Who Really Should Be The Next Of Kin? by Cutehector(m): 12:44pm On May 23, 2016
Wife wife wife...
Re: Who Really Should Be The Next Of Kin? by Bossed(m): 12:44pm On May 23, 2016
Since am still single it's My mum.
Re: Who Really Should Be The Next Of Kin? by Bossed(m): 12:45pm On May 23, 2016
{}
Re: Who Really Should Be The Next Of Kin? by talktonase(m): 12:48pm On May 23, 2016
Is it not when you show them that you have properties and monies to inherit that they will be dragin over who becomes NOK.Once you have given a child sound education and he is hail and hearty....bros go and hustle your own.My wealth is going to charity even if i will give you any inheritance there must be indication that you have made some effort on your own and so anything i give you is merely complimentary.Children of now adays sabi abuse priviledge ehnn.

2 Likes

Re: Who Really Should Be The Next Of Kin? by Jamean(f): 12:48pm On May 23, 2016
Wife... but for lack of trust and love some men use some other people.
Re: Who Really Should Be The Next Of Kin? by kingsilly(m): 1:19pm On May 23, 2016
If you married a single woman and she's responsible for all kids, then your wife should be NOK, if she like make she selfish to her own kids(which is rare though) when the person is gone
Re: Who Really Should Be The Next Of Kin? by zimunachimdi: 1:41pm On May 23, 2016
Re: Who Really Should Be The Next Of Kin? by MRBrownJ: 3:18pm On May 23, 2016
it makes better sense to have kids as the next of kin, since their mother who is their legal guardian, would be in charge of their wealth anyway.
with the crazy succession laws everywhere, in France, you have to pay up to 40% in succession taxes.... meaning that, if you have wealth of €1milla, when you die and pass it on to your wife then she will only have €600K left, and when she dies and pass it on to the kids, they will only have €360K left out of the initial €1Milla. it makes MUCH more sense to pass the money directly to kids (pay tax just once) and have mum caring for it as the legal guardian of the kids, till they 21 (or whatever age you decide in your will)

1 Like

Re: Who Really Should Be The Next Of Kin? by zelexotunla(m): 3:52pm On May 23, 2016
Lets look it dis way, if d wife becomes NOK and eventually remarry to another man. What would become of the children?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Channel 4's 'lagos To London' Unreasonable In A Time Of Lack' / How To Get Rid Of Ugly Stretch Marks To Save Your Marriage / Help Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.