Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

OPINION: Rv Father Pictured Dancing With His Village Masquerade: Is This Right? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / OPINION: Rv Father Pictured Dancing With His Village Masquerade: Is This Right? (1518 Views)

Masquerade Uses Statue Of Jesus Christ For His Performance. See Reactions / Man Paralyzed Two Days After Returning From His Village In Edo State. Photos / Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION: Rv Father Pictured Dancing With His Village Masquerade: Is This Right? by mezynaija(m): 6:14pm On May 23, 2016
A Rev Father was reportedly seen dancing with his village masqurade.

Is this right for a christian to dance  his cultural music with masquarades?

Someone said observing culture does  not mean worshipping juju...

what do u think?

More here: http://www.jtownconnect.com/2016/05/opinion-rv-father-pictured-dancing-with.html

Re: OPINION: Rv Father Pictured Dancing With His Village Masquerade: Is This Right? by mezynaija(m): 6:15pm On May 23, 2016
Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: OPINION: Rv Father Pictured Dancing With His Village Masquerade: Is This Right? by Barney11: 6:21pm On May 23, 2016
Why would something be wrong with it,dont oyibo get what they call carnival?
Re: OPINION: Rv Father Pictured Dancing With His Village Masquerade: Is This Right? by TedBaker(m): 6:38pm On May 23, 2016
Nufin wrng in it
Re: OPINION: Rv Father Pictured Dancing With His Village Masquerade: Is This Right? by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 23, 2016
Everything is wrong with it. What fellowship has light with darkness? (According to bible)
Re: OPINION: Rv Father Pictured Dancing With His Village Masquerade: Is This Right? by royallord1(m): 8:05pm On May 23, 2016
OP.... Say what you know so dat what you dont know wont kill you..
1. who says the man is a rev. father.. last i checked anglicans.. methodist... olumba olumba... cherubim and seraphim or whatever dey call it... they all dress with white ...

2. what convinces you dat this is a real scene i.e it could be a movie scene for a new nollyhood blockbuster..?

3. what is wrong with a man participating in a cultural dance... last i checked culture is a way of life of a people... jesus was a cultural man who practiced the culture of the jews .. such as slaughtering of animals and painting door post with its blood (passover) .

4. now if the pics is anything to go by.... the mascurade was bowing down to the priest... signifying that JESUS IS LORD
Re: OPINION: Rv Father Pictured Dancing With His Village Masquerade: Is This Right? by johnydon22(m): 8:10pm On May 23, 2016
AnalyticEngine:
Everything is wrong with it. What fellowship has light with darkness? (According to bible)

So which is light and which is darkness and who decides which is which?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Rv Father Pictured Dancing With His Village Masquerade: Is This Right? by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 23, 2016
johnydon22:

So which is right and which is darkness and who decides which is which?

Very easy to extrapolate. The Masquerade is darkness while the Rv Father is light. The bible decides which is which.
Re: OPINION: Rv Father Pictured Dancing With His Village Masquerade: Is This Right? by johnydon22(m): 9:24pm On May 23, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

Very easy to extrapolate. The Masquerade is darkness while the Rv Father is light. The bible decides which is which.

Ok what if i tell you going by the Ofor and the values of Igbo tradition the masquerade is light the rev father is darkness.

the ofor decides which is which... how about that?
Re: OPINION: Rv Father Pictured Dancing With His Village Masquerade: Is This Right? by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 23, 2016
johnydon22:

Ok what if i tell you going by the Ofor and the values of Igbo tradition the masquerade is light the rev father is darkness.

Then you are hypothetically correct for as long as the values of igbo traditions are defined as 'light.' Its all about relativity bro. If I assign 'killing' as appropriate, then saving lives will be inappropriate.
Re: OPINION: Rv Father Pictured Dancing With His Village Masquerade: Is This Right? by johnydon22(m): 9:39pm On May 23, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

Then you are hypothetically correct for as long as the values of igbo traditions are defined as 'light.' Its all about relativity bro.

Very good now since it is subjective you can now see how it is ridiculous for you to term others darkness because of your religious allegiance because if we go through it properly you are also the darkness to them
Re: OPINION: Rv Father Pictured Dancing With His Village Masquerade: Is This Right? by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 23, 2016
johnydon22:

grin the good ol' mirror effect
Re: OPINION: Rv Father Pictured Dancing With His Village Masquerade: Is This Right? by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 23, 2016
johnydon22:

Very good now since it is subjective you can now see how it is ridiculous for you to term others darkness because of your religious allegiance because if we go through it properly you are also the darkness to them

You have a solid point sha. It is also ridiculous for you to conclude prematurely that I am affiliated with religion on the basis of my mentioning 'bible.'
Re: OPINION: Rv Father Pictured Dancing With His Village Masquerade: Is This Right? by johnydon22(m): 9:48pm On May 23, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

You have a solid point sha. It is also ridiculous for you to conclude prematurely that I am affiliated with religion on the basis of my mentioning 'bible.'

Oh i am only arguing against that position buttressed using the bible
Re: OPINION: Rv Father Pictured Dancing With His Village Masquerade: Is This Right? by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 23, 2016
johnydon22:

Oh i am only arguing against that position buttressed using the bible
You are excused. Now you know better. I rest my case
Re: OPINION: Rv Father Pictured Dancing With His Village Masquerade: Is This Right? by chacoonder(m): 8:51am On May 24, 2016
AnalyticEngine:
What if the Rev.Father saw the light in the masquerade?....(*rhetorical)
Re: OPINION: Rv Father Pictured Dancing With His Village Masquerade: Is This Right? by Joagbaje(m): 8:51am On May 24, 2016
Barney11:
Why would something be wrong with it,dont oyibo get what they call carnival?

mascurade is very demonic . the man must be very ignorant

AnalyticEngine:

very correct.
Re: OPINION: Rv Father Pictured Dancing With His Village Masquerade: Is This Right? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:51pm On May 24, 2016
What if i tell u guys that d above picture is simply a seminary during their cultural day, d masqurade is a seminarian wearing costumes.
Re: OPINION: Rv Father Pictured Dancing With His Village Masquerade: Is This Right? by olubass: 3:55pm On May 11, 2017
it is Idolatry

(1) (Reply)

John Piper- Christian Unity(must Read For All NL Christians) / David Ibiyeomie of Salvation Ministries Showers His Staff With Christmas Bonus / "Polygamy Is A Blessing, Not A Curse" Says A Pastor (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.