Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,977 members, 7,799,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority (1916 Views)

Jack Warner Blasts Nigeria As U-17 World Cup Starts With Hitches / Nigerian Television Authority & Super Eagles / Unpatriotic Nigerian Television Authority (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by BlackRevo: 11:30am On Aug 20, 2009
http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=10509

NPL chairman Oyuiki Obaseki on Wednesday, launched a withering attack at state-owned national tv network NTA for its lopsided coverage of the domestic game and said he 'regrets' having done business with them.
During Obaseki's first tenure as NFL chairman, the league broadcast rights were handed to NTA, but the League boss now says he was forced to do so.

"When NTA and AIT bid for the rights, AIT won the bid, but I was put under pressure to give the rights to NTA and I did.

"Till today, I regret it and I want to apologize to AIT for that.

"They have not paid the N250 million we agreed for the rights, but they can pay 3 million dollars to show the English Premiership on prime-time on Nigerian television," Obaseki fumed.

Obaseki also declared that he was 'disappointed' that the Federal Government's rebranding project did not include the domestic league.
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by Nezan(m): 11:53am On Aug 20, 2009
Na today oga Obaseki come 9ja? What of the underside dealings at NPL? The man no need to complain,,,,,,,,,after denying AIT of the rights, he is now trying to save face. Woo unto him angry angry
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by novaman: 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2009
For taking the league to a level where it is today I admire Obaseki but on the other hand he dissappointed me when it comes to contract signing that is where the white man is different from us; if a white man has to change the rules he will first see out prevous one in this case rules=>contract, that is not the case with the country, like it happened with MTN.

I am sure that if these people parkage our league the way it should be, a single rights should be in billions of Naira, a country of 150Million people with television in almost 70% of the homes, just invite the consultant who handled the transition in the EPL and PSL, then you will change everything, but our people continue to compromise the standard all in the name of patriotism. I still do not see a reason we cannot get to see at least 6 live matches; in a country where we have DSTV, HITV, DAARSAT, TREND TV, NTA, CTL; it is a shame, I love the league I have written proposal which I believe is my own contribution on how the league can be change, and I am passionate about the revolution that must come in my time and I will like to see a situation where I can support a local team more than I support the foreign team.
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by Maryam: 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2009
meaning wat now, people & there palava. Y d complain at this odd hour.
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by honeric01(m): 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2009
Its not too late, we have other nigerian stations available, give it back to Ait or tv continenta, if stv wants, give them the right, but make sure its on local station and not this their useless cable shit. Ltv is there, give them. For God sake, our league is growing, why can't tv coverage grow with it? Pls and pls, ANYTHING THAT NEEDS GROWTH SHOULDN'T BE TAKEN TO NTA BECAUSE THEY ARE ANTI-GROWTH, I GREW UP WATCHING NTA, NOW I'm OLDER, NOTHING'S CHANGED ABOUT THEM.
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by walata44(m): 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2009
For him admitting to that fruad, he suppose to be put in jail. Why on earth you award the coverage of the NPL to NTA. All they know best is 7- POINT AGENDA jingles of pee dee Fee.
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by kelvin(m): 12:56pm On Aug 20, 2009
I agree with walata44.
I don't think he realizes the consequences of admitting what he did. He doesn't really have the right to complain now, seeing this was as a result of his actions.
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by candylips(m): 1:57pm On Aug 20, 2009
only in nigeria
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by pek(m): 2:20pm On Aug 20, 2009
what is efcc waiting for? did he tell us how much nta paid him to get the right ahead of rightful AIT?
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by MrCrackles(m): 2:44pm On Aug 20, 2009
Truth be told, NTA is wack as fuc.k. . . .The Nigerian footy league is pretty wack too!
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by philip0906(m): 2:59pm On Aug 20, 2009
MrCrackles:

Truth be told, NTA is wack as fuc.k. . . .The Nigerian footy league is pretty wack too!
not only wack,it stinks like my dog's shit tongue undecided
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by novaman: 5:36pm On Aug 20, 2009
MrCrackles:

philip0906:

not only wack,it stinks like my dog's shit tongue undecided

when you talk about Nigeria league that way you have to give advice rather than condenm; it is easy to say something is not good enough but when asked how it can be done, you have nothing to say. There is a reason each and everyone of us was created as a Nigerian, Let us join hands to lift the country up as nobody, i repeat nobody will do it for us.

The NFL gets the good money for the league, I believe they should invest in what I call Nigeria League TV, where they can build an OB-Van (mini) capable of transmissing quality pictures from the home state.

They can partner with the state FAs have the mini HD OB-Van that can be used to transmist signals to the main hub maybe in Abuja or Lagos, creating a channel where authorised local and international station will login and transmit to their viewers. Transmitting clear pictures will grow the league.

The issue of pitches is one we must take into serious consideration, I suggested the use of the new FIFA Turf, and using the correct FIFA standard in developing other stadia.

This can be done even without financial support from the government.
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by philip0906(m): 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2009
novaman:

when you talk about Nigeria league that way you have to give advice rather than condenm; it is easy to say something is not good enough but when asked how it can be done, you have nothing to say. There is a reason each and everyone of us was created as a Nigerian, Let us join hands to lift the country up as nobody, i repeat nobody will do it for us.

The NFL gets the good money for the league, I believe they should invest in what I call Nigeria League TV, where they can build an OB-Van (mini) capable of transmissing quality pictures from the home state.

They can partner with the state FAs have the mini HD OB-Van that can be used to transmist signals to the main hub maybe in Abuja or Lagos, creating a channel where authorised local and international station will login and transmit to their viewers. Transmitting clear pictures will grow the league.

The issue of pitches is one we must take into serious consideration, I suggested the use of the new FIFA Turf, and using the correct FIFA standard in developing other stadia.

Nice essay write up my guy.but na me u dey write am 4 abi na NFL?Wouldn't it be nice if u send it 2 The "MOVING TRAIN" himself? undecided
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by texazzpete(m): 6:35pm On Aug 20, 2009
We are consumers, we demand value for money. As long as the Nigerian premier league remains a rigged, terrible spectacle, as long as commentaries are awful, camera angles are isometric, pitches are patch and violence prevails i cannot see myself watching it over the premier league.

Enough is enough with these clowns trying to blackmail us with the 'patriotism' angle. Even in the US where there's a high level of patriotism, people buy japanese cars over American cars, simply because of the quality. Let the league's sponsors put more effort into improving their package and we may just be tempted.
Until then, let them go and rest.
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by nich(m): 7:01pm On Aug 20, 2009
the league's problems go beyond nta. what about nepa; management of the league; management of the stadia; fan clubs; league followership. in fact, the list is endless but i know there's hope once people are willing.
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by nex(m): 12:20am On Aug 21, 2009
I'm not satisfied with the NTA covering of the NPL but I also blame the Premier League itself for not putting enough glamour and organization to it's game to an extent that Nigerians will be more interested in the league and Television networks will be willing to bid more and also get advertisers.
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by richkids1(m): 1:19am On Aug 21, 2009
Na we Nigerian dey deceive ourselves.
cos how are we going to be watching other countries league
and keep on complaining about our own league instead of us to embrace it.
the issue of Obaseki and NTA is not a big deal they are just pretending.
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by vikiviko(m): 11:57am On Aug 21, 2009
the deed and the damage has been done.

NTA Commentaries are terrible, same goes for AIT.
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by greateliso(m): 10:19pm On Aug 21, 2009
novaman:

i like this quote.

its time we nigerians think among ourselves, wat have i done to help uplift this our "Great Niger"
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by agitator: 12:02pm On Aug 22, 2009
richkids1:

Na we Nigerian dey deceive ourselves.
cos how are we going to be watching other countries league
and keep on complaining about our own league instead of us to embrace it.
the issue of Obaseki and NTA is not a big deal they are just pretending.
My bro have you ever witnessed secondary schools compete in football, athletes (inter-school) ? if you have, you will know that nigerians don't detest appreciating their own, the problem is that the league is f****d up. I have even witnessed where some enterprising guys organised youngsters, under 15yrs, in PHC, everybody used to look forward to these games every evening until they started introducing what was happening in the nigerian league and the venue became empty.
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by ojeks: 10:51pm On Aug 30, 2009
I think we have to be part of the solution.

we should stop condeming.

www.naijapremierleague.com seems to be doing that.
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by rasputinn(m): 2:02pm On Aug 31, 2009
[size=16pt]Obaseki should shut his dirty loudmouth and stop behaving as if the running of Nigerian football is the exclusive preserve of his immediate family.The way he talks down to people and institutions is sickening,not to worry,by the time EFCC beam their searchlight on Nigerian sports administration,I'm sure the scandal that will revolve around obaseki alone will astound many.
Of the nearly one billion naira Globacom sponsorship package for the Nigeria premier league,how much does obaseki and his thieving friends actually give the winners of the league moving train my black ass angry angry angry[/size]
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by folem: 9:03am On Sep 01, 2009
rasputinn:

[size=16pt]
Of the nearly one billion naira Globacom sponsorship package for the Nigeria premier league,how much does obaseki and his thieving friends actually give the winners of the league moving train my black ass angry angry angry[/size]

Glo Paid N838.53 Million for the 2008-2009 season and Bayelsa Utd who won the league received:

N10 Million - Season Grant
N1 Million - Super 4 appearance fee
N0.5 Million - 3rd place finish @ Super 4

N11.5 Million - TOTAL money from NPL season 2008-2009 for Bayelsa utd.
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by rasputinn(m): 9:27am On Sep 02, 2009
folem:

Glo Paid N838.53 Million for the 2008-2009 season and Bayelsa Utd who won the league received:

N10 Million - Season Grant
N1 Million - Super 4 appearance fee
N0.5 Million - 3rd place finish @ Super 4

N11.5 Million - TOTAL money from NPL season 2008-2009 for Bayelsa utd.

And how much did super sports united get for winning the PSL in south Africa?
Re: Obaseki Blasts Nigeria Television Authority by candylips(m): 9:28am On Sep 02, 2009
hmm don't know undecided

(1) (Reply)

Higuain Complete Mobes To Napoli / Blessing Okagbare Messes Up - Comes 6th In 100m Final / Nigerian Top 8 Highest Paid Footballers In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.