Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,849 members, 7,798,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) (30520 Views)

Patience Jonathan Visits Ateke Tom (Photos) / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Governor Wike (Photos) / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Babangida And Abdulsalami Abubakar In Minna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Ebal: 3:03am On May 24, 2016
The former president of Nigeria visited Newark to celebrate African culture and democracy.
President Goodluck Jonathan took to the podium at Newark’s City Hall Municipal Council Chamber to praise African countries who’ve taken up a more democratic approach.
“One man, one vote, one woman, one vote, one youth, one vote. I also advocate and I’m also know for preaching that my political ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian,” said Jonathan.

Newark Municipal Council President Mildred Crump presented Goodluck with a very special gift.
“One of the things that I love to give to people, and because I know his house, you have a lovely coffee table, I am pleased and honored to present to you the book called Newark by John Cunningham.”
Essex County College presented the former Nigerian president with a gift from one of its students.
“I’m a Nigerian, so that was like a highlight of my day for me. It’s also great to be an international student and also be able to give a gift to the president of my country on behalf of the school that has accepted me to the United States.”
Goodluck Jonathan lost his 2015 bid for re-election but was happy to see it come through a democratic process.

Source:http://ebalsblog..co.uk/2016/05/goodluck-jonathan-visits-nigerians-in.html

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Johnpaul2k2(m): 3:10am On May 24, 2016
Good Heart President
I love you and Love you

157 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by whirlwind7(m): 3:17am On May 24, 2016
Huh.
Thought the media said dude was lying low in Cote d'Ivoire?

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Lovelynature(m): 3:28am On May 24, 2016
And the man has been going places and also silent on affairs of the nation, even when bubu and apc blame him on the slightest part of their cluelessness. That's a man of integrity.

My question is, who does Buhari blame on his cluelessness in 1984? GEJ also?

213 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by funlord(m): 3:34am On May 24, 2016
grin

See the last picture! E be like say dem bin just receive news say them don nab that him principal private secretary wey bin dey help am loot!

Clueless dunce!

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Osezzua(m): 3:36am On May 24, 2016
gud
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by DONMAYOR19(m): 3:58am On May 24, 2016
funlord:
grin

See the last picture! E be like say dem bin just receive news say them don nab that him principal private secretary wey bin dey help am loot!

Clueless dunce!
how far your Dullard ear? hope he can hear clearly now?

zombies be like

174 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by RisMas(m): 4:00am On May 24, 2016
Chai, see how him come look fresh, abi na make-up. shocked shocked
If u compare his photos in 2006, you will believe that no one is ugly but broke

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by eleojo23: 4:16am On May 24, 2016
And they said he went on exile, smh.

GEJ's silence is tormenting APC, so they have to come up with lies that he went on exile.
If they like they can keep churning out more lies but I trust GEJ to maintain his silence.
Bunch of noise makers!

130 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by PRYCE(m): 5:00am On May 24, 2016
Exile ko, Going-places ni... grin grin

All em Zombies that hit cloud nine yesterday should please stay there and forever savour their collective orgasms.

Fúckin Retards!

Lalasticlala!

74 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by hucienda: 5:11am On May 24, 2016
The relative silence of this man just kinda makes the present administration at the centre uneasy.

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by cold(m): 5:20am On May 24, 2016
hucienda:
The relative silence of this man just kinda makes the present administration at the centre uneasy.
Aswerigad they still can't figure. Hence they keep prodding him by making all sorts of snide remarks and overly aggressive statements just to push to at least say something they can hold him to. Alas,he maintains a dignified silence and this is not going down well with the APC hierarchy. I sincerely hope he maintains this posture going forward and watch this directionless administration squirm in their foolery

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Nobody: 5:21am On May 24, 2016
hucienda:
My thoughts exactly. This government just keeps itself busy by spinning lies to continually feed the sold out brains of the gullible zombies that voted them into power

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Nobody: 5:23am On May 24, 2016
Propaganda got them in, it's what would take them through to 2019 cos we Nigerians are educated-illiterates.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by WildChild00(m): 5:25am On May 24, 2016
What a perfect gentleman you are, we love you and missed you too.

47 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Flexherbal(m): 5:44am On May 24, 2016
People still respect MR Jonathan for the decision he made during the last election.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by sheguy(m): 5:48am On May 24, 2016
My hero.

23 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by clickwtB(m): 6:13am On May 24, 2016
Last fuel boom,Saudi arabia saved 500billion dollars,Algeria 200 billion etc & Nigeria under great GEJ
Obj 8years didnt even build a modular refinery nor GREAT clueless one&Yar adua also not even 1 modular/tiny refinery!!!!
Billions of dollars gone down the drain !!! NOI/Deziani/Dasuki as agents.
NOI polls a fake research/opinion polls company created by Ngozi Okonjo Iwela to hoodwinks western and international finance organizations.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by raker300: 6:18am On May 24, 2016
Mehn, drag this man's name through the mud and he still comes out comes out clean. An angel is definitely watching over him

Another one of Sahara reporters lies busted..shame on them and the Apc

55 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Firefire(m): 6:22am On May 24, 2016
APC and their many lies to cover their directionless Goverment continues...

APC, party of professional propagandist and career fraudsters.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by raker300: 6:23am On May 24, 2016
clickwtB:
Last fuel boom,Saudi arabia saved 500billion dollars,Algeria 200 billion etc & Nigeria under great GEJ
Obj 8years didnt even build a modular refinery nor GREAT clueless one&Yar adua also not even 1 modular/tiny refinery!!!!
Billions of dollars gone down the drain !!! NOI/Deziani/Dasuki as agents.
NOI polls a fake research/opinion polls company created by Ngozi Okonjo Iwela to hoodwinks western and international finance organizations.
mehn, one year is enough to save money...how much has Buhari saved so far? GEJ saved more than 45billion dollars in the foreign reserve, thanks to Buhari it's now 20 billion. Buhari has blown through the cash in one year and has managed not to bring 1 naira...all he offers are lies and more lies.

Don't forget oil started falling during GEJ's time. Did he whine about it? No. He quickly found another route, agric revolution and it worked just fine..why don't you educate yourself son and stop acting out

102 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Abagworo(m): 6:32am On May 24, 2016
raker300:
mehn, one year is enough to save money...how much has Buhari saved so far? GEJ saved more than 45billion dollars in the foreign reserve, thanks to Buhari it's now 20 billion. Buhari has blown through the cash in one year and has managed not to bring 1 naira...all he offers are lies and more lies.
Don't forget oil started falling during GEJ's time. Did he whine about it? No. He quickly found another route, agric revolution and it worked just fine..why don't you educate yourself son and stop acting out

Biko stop spreading lies authoritatively. Thank God for Internet.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182543-nigerian-govt-borrowing-billions-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala.html

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/06/fg-borrows-n473bn-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala/

The federal government has borrowed 473 billion naira to
meet up with recurrent expenditure including paying of
salaries while it is yet to release funds for capital projects.
According to Reuters, Nigeria has already used half the
borrowing allowance it has budgeted for and has not
released any funds for capital expenditure so far this year,
as lower oil prices eat into its revenues, the country’s
finance minister said on Tuesday.

“We have serious challenges,” Finance Minister Ngozi
Okonjo-Iweala said in an emailed statement. “Things have
been tough since the beginning of the year and they are
likely to remain so till the end of the year.”

The borrowed money has been spent to cover overhead,
including salaries, the minister said.
Lawmakers in Africa’s biggest economy and oil producer
last week passed a 4.49 trillion naira ($23 billion) budget
for 2015, 3.2 percent lower than last year’s spending plans.
It was forced to cut spending after global oil prices
slumped.

The budget took longer than usual getting through
parliament, worsening the cash squeeze, because of the
closely fought general elections in March, which saw
incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan defeated.
“As a result of the 50 percent decline in oil revenues, the
country has faced a difficult cash crunch … Out of the 882
billon naira budgetary provision for borrowing, the
government has borrowed 473 billion naira to meet up with
recurrent expenditure,” the finance ministry said.
Okonjo-Iweala had projected annual domestic borrowing
last year would fall to below 500 billion naira from 577
billion naira in 2013.

The borrowing requirement this year could crowd out
lending to the real economy, raising domestic interest rates
and yields on government bonds, which could hurt growth.
Forecasts for growth have already been lowered twice this
year.
The ministry said that inflation is still in single digits and
that the Nigerian economy is projected to grow by 4.8
percent this year.

Government revenues have shrunk sharply since oil sales
account for up to 80 percent of them and its currency, the
naira, has weakened drastically, despite the central bank’s
spending billions of U.S. dollars to prop it up.
The lack of funds for capital expenditure means badly
needed infrastructure development will be put on hold.
Funding for large projects such as bridges and roads had
already begun to dry up in 2014, forcing construction firms
companies with government contracts to cut back and fire
thousands of workers.

7 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by sdindan: 6:33am On May 24, 2016
This is Jonathan in Newark Ivory coast.

18 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by asha90: 6:34am On May 24, 2016
Johnpaul2k2:
Good Heart President
I love you and Love you

GEJ is the best. cool

23 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by raker300: 6:36am On May 24, 2016
[quote]stop spreading lies authoritatively. Thank God for Internet.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182543-nigerian-govt-borrowing-billions-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala.html

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/06/fg-borrows-n473bn-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala/

slumped[\quote]

What is this garbage write up. What's the rebuttal in the claim. What did u manage to prove?
How much did Buhari meet when he came in Nigeria? How much is their now?
Buhari has used our money to import grass for his cows and cruised around the world in his crazed "80 days around the world" episode.

If I was you, I'd be more worried Nigeria has saved nothing in a year and you and your type careless defend carelessness

Stop wasting up space on naira land with junk man

28 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Abagworo(m): 6:37am On May 24, 2016
The man on red Igbo cap is handsome. What a contrast with Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Abagworo(m): 6:44am On May 24, 2016
raker300:
What is this garbage write up. What's the rebuttal in the claim. What did u manage to prove?
How much did Buhari meet when he came in Nigeria? How much is their now?
Buhari has used our money to import grass for his cows and cruised around the world in his crazed "80 days around the world" episode.

Stop wasting up space on naira land with junk man

It is clearly written there that Jonathans regime consumed all the income and borrowed 3billion Dollars ahead of Nigeria's limit of 5billion Dollars for 2015 without releading funds for capital projects. Buhari has reduced the rate of borrowing despite the further fall in oil price and reduced production from pipeline vandalism.

In the face of dwindling oil revenues,
Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-
Iweala, said the Federal Government
has borrowed about N473billion to pay
salaries and fund the 2015 budget.
The Minister, who was speaking in
Abuja on the details of the
N4.493trillion appropriation already
passed by the National Assembly, said
the federal government had to raise its
borrowing level from N570 billion to
N882 billion to enable it meet its
financial obligations to workers and
contractors.
The minister blamed it on the decline
in oil revenue in late 2014, which
accounted for 50 per cent cut in the
total federally collectible revenue as
well as the low revenue receipts from
non-oil sources.

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by gozmok1(m): 6:49am On May 24, 2016
OUR HERO OF DEMOCRACY

8 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by raker300: 6:51am On May 24, 2016
Abagworo:

It is clearly written there that Jonathans regime consumed all the income and borrowed 3billion Dollars ahead of Nigeria's limit of 5billion Dollars for 2015 without releading funds for capital projects. Buhari has reduced the rate of borrowing despite the further fall in oil price and reduced production from pipeline vandalism.

In the face of dwindling oil revenues,
Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-
Iweala, said the Federal Government
has borrowed about N473billion to pay
salaries and fund the 2015 budget.
The Minister, who was speaking in
Abuja on the details of the
N4.493trillion appropriation already
passed by the National Assembly, said
the federal government had to raise its
borrowing level from N570 billion to
N882 billion to enable it meet its
financial obligations to workers and
contractors.
The minister blamed it on the decline
in oil revenue in late 2014, which
accounted for 50 per cent cut in the
total federally collectible revenue as
well as the low revenue receipts from
non-oil sources.
this is gon be the last time I reply you on nairaland. Read what I wrote that you're replying to.

I was talking about foreign reserves. Foreign reserves is a country's bragging rights.

You talking about borrowin, what has Buhari been jetting around the world looking for? He's been looking for loans wch most countries have refused to give. You need to be able to look the part of being able to pay back before one can borrow to you.

Don't think I don't know you man. You're the one going around putting down an entire state and its people just cos a couple of merry men are giving you a tough time. You going around igniting hate against God's people just so you can get back at a couple folks. Speaks to your character man and I want nothing to do with a man like you.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 6:59am On May 24, 2016
Go back to school to learn before quoting references without knowledge.

Government borrowed to pay salaries because the 2014 budget ended March, 2015 and 2015 budget wasn't yet signed. You forgot the same government paid fuel importers N200 billion.

$5 billion LNG royalty was still in the bank.

Abagworo:

Biko stop spreading lies authoritatively. Thank God for Internet.

slumped.

The budget took longer than usual getting through
parliament, worsening the cash squeeze, because of the
closely fought general elections in March, which saw
incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan defeated.
“As a result of the 50 percent decline in oil revenues, the
country has faced a difficult cash crunch … Out of the 882
billon naira budgetary provision for borrowing, the
government has borrowed 473 billion naira to meet up with
recurrent expenditure,” the finance ministry said.
Okonjo-Iweala had projected annual domestic borrowing
last year would fall to below 500 billion naira from 577
billion naira in 2013.

The borrowing requirement this year could crowd out
lending to the real economy, raising domestic interest rates
and yields on government bonds, which could hurt growth.
Forecasts for growth have already been lowered twice this
year.
The ministry said that inflation is still in single digits and
that the Nigerian economy is projected to grow by 4.8
percent this year.

Government revenues have shrunk sharply since oil sales
account for up to 80 percent of them and its currency, the
naira, has weakened drastically, despite the central bank’s
spending billions of U.S. dollars to prop it up.
The lack of funds for capital expenditure means badly
needed infrastructure development will be put on hold.
Funding for large projects such as bridges and roads had
already begun to dry up in 2014, forcing construction firms
companies with government contracts to cut back and fire
thousands of workers.

27 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha, Wife, To Forfeit Assets To Nigerian Government – EFCC / Yahaya Bello's Campaign Flag Off In Idah, Kogi (Photos) / Tee Mac’s Comment That “Tinubu Is 86 Years”, Is Just A Mere Gossip..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.