Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? (17922 Views)

PDP Crisis: Babangida And Dickson In Closed Door Meeting / AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird / PDP Crisis: Makarfi Bows, Indicate Resolve To Work With Sheriff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 24, 2016
From Lagos Federal High Court:

Justice Ibrahim Buba of a Federal High Court in Lagos has declared as invalid the caretaker committee constituted over the weekend to take over the affairs of the Peoples Democratic Party from its acting National Chairman, Ali Modu Sheriff.

The judge, in a ruling on Monday, directed the Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, to enforce his order, barring the members of the constituted caretaker committee from taking over the affairs of the party.

Details later…

http://www.punchng.com/court-declares-pdp-caretaker-committee-illegal/

From Port Harcourt Federal High Court:

A Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt has granted an interim injunction restraining the immediate past National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff and Professor Adewale Oladipo who were removed from office at the PDP National Convention held on Saturday May 21, 2016, from parading themselves as National officers of the Party pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice brought before it by the Peoples Democratic Party.

According to a statement personally signed by the presiding judge, Justice A. M. Liman, the court granted a restraining order on any member of the National Working Committee of the PDP who was removed from office by the Party’s National Convention in Port Harcourt from receiving nominations and or submitting names to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as officers or candidates of the PDP in whatever capacity pending the hearing and determination of the Motion on Notice brought by the Party. In addition, INEC was restrained by the Court from according or continuing to accord any recognition to Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff, Professor Adewale Oladipo or any or all members of the National Working Committee of the PDP removed from office at the Party’s National Convention in Port Harcourt, as officers or organs of the PDP pending the hearing and determination of the Motion on Notice. The National Caretaker Committee of the PDP headed by Sen. Ahmed Markarfi, former Governor of Kaduna State, also got a boost with an order of the Court mandating INEC to recognise it in all matters pertaining the conduct of Primary Elections for Political Offices and the submission of the PDP List of Candidates for any elections to be conducted by INEC pending the hearing and determination of the Motion on Notice.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/court-bars-sheriff-as-pdp-chair-orders-recognition-of-markarfi-led-caretaker-committee/

For me as a layman, I think lagos Court order is more complete on the issue at hand. It clearly declare the caretaker committee illegal.
While that of PortHarcourt only gave a restraining order pending determination of the motion in Notice. The determination of the motion in Notice can go either way.

Lawyers in the house, in a case of two court of equal jurisdictions giving conflicting judgement on same issue, does the fact that one court Judgement came first matter? does chronology of the judgement relevant in deciding which one is more binding?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by gwales: 2:31pm On May 24, 2016
The police should simply donate the office to IDPs. After all, pdp as a party is responsible for the IDPs predicament when they shared the money meant to fight Boko Haram.

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Shukuakukobambi: 2:32pm On May 24, 2016
The two judgements.

Both courts say police should stop the other party from taking over wadata plaza.

Police will simply lock up the place and throw away the keys.

Magana ya kare

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 24, 2016
I DON'T ENVY ARASE JOB NOW AT ALL!!
THEM WAN TURN ARASE TO MAD MAN!

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 24, 2016
Chosen1984:

I DON'T ENVY ARASE JOB NOW AT ALL!!
THEM WAN TURN ARASE TO MAD MAN!

hahahha

10 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by ojnnaco(m): 2:38pm On May 24, 2016
Buhari will determine as its been done with DSS.. Let's wait and see!!!!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by dukie25: 2:40pm On May 24, 2016
In one year Bubu have reduced our judiciary to child's play.
There are now APC judges, PDP judges and judges who are in between.
Everything has turned worse under Bubu, na who swear for Buhari.

17 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Shukuakukobambi: 2:45pm On May 24, 2016
dukie25:

So na buhari now? Did he bewitch your elders to go and pick up bad news Sheriff from the dunghill where APC dropped him? cheesy

When sane folks where warning you against dancing skelewu over an ogbanje child, what did you tell them? cheesy

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by dukie25: 2:48pm On May 24, 2016
Shukuakukobambi:

So na buhari now? Did he bewitch your elders to go and pick up bad news Sheriff from the dunghill where APC dropped him? cheesy

When sane folks where warning you against dancing skelewu over an ogbanje child, what did you tell them? cheesy

Our courts have been bastardised, one country, different rulings. When has this ever happened in Nigeria?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Shukuakukobambi: 2:53pm On May 24, 2016
dukie25:

Our courts have been bastardised, one country, different rulings. When has this ever happened in Nigeria?

Ask your PDP elders who wish to die over chairmanship of a party.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Dcomrade(m): 3:00pm On May 24, 2016
This is very sad but I think the police should obey the PortHarcout court order, because the PDP convention took place there.

From my lame man point of view though. grin

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by modath(f): 3:02pm On May 24, 2016
The only thing that is obvious is that PDP effectively has no leadership and with the amount of bad blood that exists, one can only wonder who will win this tug of war...

I'm 100% certain that some unseen hands manipulated and directed this script and we should expect a launch of a new party out of the ashes of one of the faction in the not so distant future...

The claim will be "PDP isn't serious and we need to provide opposition", make we dey watch.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 24, 2016
Dcomrade:
This is very sad but I think the police should obey the PortHarcout court order, because the PDP convention took place there.

From my lame man point of view though. grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by comos: 3:05pm On May 24, 2016
tuale4u:
From Lagos Federal High Court:

http://www.punchng.com/court-declares-pdp-caretaker-committee-illegal/

From Port Harcourt Federal High Court:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/court-bars-sheriff-as-pdp-chair-orders-recognition-of-markarfi-led-caretaker-committee/

For me as a layman, I think lagos Court order is more complete on the issue at hand. It clearly declare the caretaker committee illegal.
While that of PortHarcourt only gave a restraining order pending determination of the motion in Notice. The determination of the motion in Notice can go either way.

Lawyers in the house, in a case of two court of equal jurisdictions giving conflicting judgement on same issue, does the fact that one court Judgement came first matter? does chronology of the judgement relevant in deciding which one is more binding?

why is your stomach running because of PDP

whther they leave or stay, come 2019 PDP will take APC to the cleaner

3 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by modath(f): 3:08pm On May 24, 2016
dukie25:

Stop running, the masquerade chasing you in your nightmares wasn't sent by Bubu, they are just a a manifestation of your thoughts. smiley

Of all off balance arguments, this is the most ridiculous, na Bubu say make dem nor fit agree on who go hold the knife to share the left over yam peels?

@ dcomrade,

Your analysis is real "lame man".. Arase will continue to hold the key to Wadata plaza till whenever

On a more serious note though,Sheriff has a stronger claim because there is a subsisting court order to maintain status quo on the position chairman, secretary and auditor.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by comos: 3:14pm On May 24, 2016
modath:

Stop running, the masquerade chasing you in your nightmares wasn't sent by Bubu, they are just a a manifestation of your thoughts. smiley

Of all off balance arguments, this is the most ridiculous, na Bubu say make dem nor fit agree on who go hold the knife to share the left over yam peels?

@ dcomrade,

Your analysis is real "lame man".. Arase will continue to hold the key to Wadata plaza till whenever

On a more serious note though,Sheriff has a stronger claim because there is a subsisting court order to maintain status quo on the position chairman, secretary and auditor.

PDP will come out stronger and win 2019 election

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by modath(f): 3:28pm On May 24, 2016
comos:

PDP will come out stronger and win 2019 election

Of course, in the SE/SS like 2015. wink

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 24, 2016
FP
Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 24, 2016
The 2 leadership should stand.

Mtcheeew

The more PDP crisis detoriates the better for the interest of well meaning Nigeria.

When God want to punish your enemies, He will first of all make them Mad

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by seunlayi(m): 4:35pm On May 24, 2016
CONFUSED POLITICIANS
CONFUSED JUDICIARY
CONFUSED POLICE
CONFUSED GOVERNMENT
CONFUSED CITIZEN
CONFUSED ZOMBIES grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by jeje123(m): 4:36pm On May 24, 2016
All of the above cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by ddippset(m): 4:36pm On May 24, 2016
Every judge in rivers state is in the pocket of wike. I wasn't surprised the other injunction was from port Harcourt.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Dahkogrin007(m): 4:37pm On May 24, 2016
PDP cnt provide a leader for it party without wahala.... I wonder how dey gonna provide a leader for Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by bigerboy200: 4:37pm On May 24, 2016
PDP is dead. ..

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Cokenbread: 4:37pm On May 24, 2016
This Our Country self
Nothing seems right here
angry angry

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by colli247(m): 4:38pm On May 24, 2016
WHAT IS GOING ON
Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by EngrIdris: 4:38pm On May 24, 2016
Na them sabi oo

Check my signature
Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by jeje123(m): 4:38pm On May 24, 2016
dukie25:

It started wen PDP bought judge influence

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by royal231(m): 4:39pm On May 24, 2016
If you ask me.. na who i go ask.. no be me go talk am.. e heavy for mouth
Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Pavore9: 4:39pm On May 24, 2016
What was really binding PDP all these years?
Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 24, 2016
Things fall apart

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Declares Muktar Shehu Winner Of Governorship Election In Zamfara / Umahi: I'm Unbothered By Court Ruling On My Sack. I've Even Added Weight / Gunmen Abduct 10 Herders, ‘Steal 300 Cows’ In Anambra, Demand ₦4 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.