Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,913 members, 7,806,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria (2461 Views)

Igbo Girls So Often In Beauty Pageant..are Igbo Girls The Most Beautiful? / Are Igbo Girls More Cleaner And Industrious In Marriage / World Most Expensive Prostitute. 1.1million Per Night (18+ Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by MarshRiley(m): 3:32pm On May 24, 2016
Eastern brides are said to be the most expensive brides in Nigeria, in terms of what is reportedly demanded of the potential groom in the ‘list’

In terms of what it takes to take a bride from any of the eastern states in Nigeria, it is said to not be a walk in the park. The Igbo tribe take pride in their daughters and don’t hesitate to show any potential suitor how ‘highly rated’ she is.

The Igbo bride’s traditional wedding list is probably one of the most discussed topics whenever a man indicates interest in taking an Igbo wife.

A groom was reportedly asked to buy the following items in the picture below, for him to be able to take a wife from the Afikpo area of Ebonyi state

“it is called Nvunvu, a traditional marriage rite performed by an intended groom, mostly done by the Afikpo people in Ebonyi State”.

The Igbos also perform a tradition called ‘idu uno‘ where a bride is sent forth from her parents’ house to her new home. She is given lots of gifts consisting mostly of items she’ll need to make her home.

She gets items like refrigerator, brooms, mortar/pestle, gas cooker, pots and pans e.t.c, especially if her family can afford it.

Here is a picture of a bride with her ‘idu uno’ gifts:

Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by JBismarck(m): 3:33pm On May 24, 2016
Ok
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by Young03(m): 3:38pm On May 24, 2016
If u ask me....
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by nnadychuks(m): 3:40pm On May 24, 2016
Pay anything you need to pay for love.. If you can't pay don't complain,you probably don't love her
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 24, 2016
duh.. of course we are cheesy

we are very original and expensive.

if you don't have Wat we want, then ur not yet up to the level of marrying an Igbo babe angry
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by ivyy(f): 3:45pm On May 24, 2016
No we aren't tongue
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by Adesiji77: 3:47pm On May 24, 2016
cheesy
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 24, 2016
Very true. Igbo women here to marry them, it's like building a new house.

As for me, I've got an Hausa lady on my mind. I heard bride price is free over there grin
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by MUVA(m): 3:50pm On May 24, 2016
LMAO!!!!! cheesycheesy

That first pic is hilarious!!! Is the lady starting a super mart or what? My village list is quite sizeable, but not up to that in the first pic. gringrin cheesycheesy

Anyway, Igbo women are jewels, they are very well groomed and brought up so that's probably why tradition put so much value on them. I love my igbo women to death! cool grin
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by Smellymouth: 3:52pm On May 24, 2016
Lol
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by bettercreature(m): 3:54pm On May 24, 2016
vargasvictory:
Very true. Igbo women here to marry them, it's like building a new house.

As for me, I've got an Hausa lady on my mind. I heard bride price is free over there grin
Igbo be selling their daughter since the day of immemorial,the rate at which igbo parents love money is very serious
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by Swazzkid(m): 3:59pm On May 24, 2016
kk......dey re really expensive....... one of my uncle's friend married an igbo gal n trust me d list dey gave him was terrifying...dese re few I could remember
1. 500k community development fee
2. a specific brand of generator
3. two big echolas boxes filled with wrappers
4. bride price 500k
5. specific outfits for d bride's siblings,
6. youth fee n so on
wen I saw d list my eyes were bigger than it was
#igboladiesdangerzone
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by MarshRiley(m): 3:59pm On May 24, 2016
EroticAngelina:

if you don't have Wat we want, then ur not yet up to the level of marrying an Igbo babe angry
Which tribe is fake pls? sad
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by MarshRiley(m): 4:00pm On May 24, 2016
Swazzkid:
kk......dey re really expensive....... one of my uncle's friend married an igbo gal n trust me d list dey gave him was terrifying...dese re few I could remember
4. bride price 500k
6. youth fee n so on
#igboladiesdangerzone
My brother,no be by force to marry o

Na to run sure pass
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by MarshRiley(m): 4:02pm On May 24, 2016
MUVA:
LMAO!!!!! cheesycheesy

That first pic is hilarious!!! Is the lady starting a super mart or what? My village list is quite sizeable, but not up to that in the first pic. gringrin cheesycheesy

Anyway, Igbo women are jewels, they are very well groomed and brought up so that's probably why tradition put so much value on them. I love my igbo women to death! cool grin
Very well groomed and brought up
Hmmmm
Which tribe doesn't train there ladies well
Abeg chill
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by Twizzy30(m): 4:03pm On May 24, 2016
Am coming bacc when dis topic hits front page
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by MarshRiley(m): 4:03pm On May 24, 2016
ivyy:
No we aren't tongue
I hope they won't collect all of dos items for ur wedding o grin
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by MarshRiley(m): 4:04pm On May 24, 2016
nnadychuks:
Pay anything you need to pay for love.. If you can't pay don't complain,you probably don't love her
It's love not a business enterprise bruh
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by Swazzkid(m): 4:05pm On May 24, 2016
MarshRiley:
Na to run sure pass
well love conquereth all maybe dats y he didn't run
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by Swazzkid(m): 4:06pm On May 24, 2016
MarshRiley:
Na to run sure pass
well love conquereth all maybe dats y he didn't run
but for me #dangerzonespotted
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by ivyy(f): 4:09pm On May 24, 2016
MarshRiley:

I hope they won't collect all of dos items for ur wedding o grin
Would you like to find out? grin

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by MUVA(m): 4:10pm On May 24, 2016
MarshRiley:

Very well groomed and brought up
Hmmmm
Which tribe doesn't train there ladies well
Abeg chill

There's gotta be a reason for the exorbitant dowry right? I just cropped up one. grin
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by MarshRiley(m): 4:30pm On May 24, 2016
ivyy:

Would you like to find out? grin
Of course yes
grin grin grin angry
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by MarshRiley(m): 4:32pm On May 24, 2016
MUVA:

There's gotta be a reason for the exorbitant dowry right? I just cropped up one. grin
cheesy grin grin
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by firstking01(m): 4:42pm On May 24, 2016
sad
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by Nature8(m): 4:46pm On May 24, 2016
Swazzkid:
4. bride price 500k
6. youth fee n so on
#igboladiesdangerzone

Lol.. Bro you can lie for Africa oo! shocked

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by mysticgal(f): 4:48pm On May 24, 2016
I think it depends on the community or family , from the extended or nuclear family I come from, Bride price is 50 naira, maybe they will ask for a sum but all the family must take is 50 naira .then the guy will use the rest and take care of the girl.
Then, you will bring 20 yams, 2 kegs of palm wine, or 2 crates of malt and a small basket of fish.
Then for the umuada, they ask for some bars of green Soap, salt, Maggi, geisha and bread (hungry people tho undecided)

From all I am saying is that, in my family, you spend less than 100k plus the fact that it is a rule in my extended and nuclear family that, the brides family must handle everything about the trad wedding while the man handles or sponsor the white wedding.
I am proud to come from the nna** family kiss
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by YankeeJoe(m): 5:00pm On May 24, 2016
EroticAngelina:

For ur rubber mind.. Muntula babe

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by MarshRiley(m): 5:37pm On May 24, 2016
mysticgal:
I think it depends on the community or family , from the extended or nuclear family I come from, Bride price is 50 naira, maybe they will ask for a sum but all the family must take is 50 naira .then the guy will use the rest and take care of the girl.
Then, you will bring 20 yams, 2 kegs of palm wine, or 2 crates of malt and a small basket of fish.
Then for the umuada, they ask for some bars of green Soap, salt, Maggi, geisha and bread (hungry people tho undecided)

From all I am saying is that, in my family, you spend less than 100k plus the fact that it is a rule in my extended and nuclear family that, the brides family must handle everything about the trad wedding while the man handles or sponsor the white wedding.
I am proud to come from the nna** family kiss
Am glad to know there are some who are considerate
Re: Are Igbo Brides "The Most Expensive" Brides In Nigeria by Swazzkid(m): 5:38pm On May 24, 2016
Nature8:

Lol.. Bro you can lie for Africa oo! shocked
Lie ke......i single handedly retyped d marriage list

(1) (Reply)

Do Ladies Care About Guys Dress Sense? / 5 Sure Tools To Make Your Ex Begging To Come Back / my horrific one night stand..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.