Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,630 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

It’s Time To Peg Marriage Age In Nigeria, Says Emir Of Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s Time To Peg Marriage Age In Nigeria, Says Emir Of Kano (814 Views)

Nasir El-Rufai's Thought On Buhari And Babangida's Age In 2010 / Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi / It's Time To Peg Marriage Age In Nigeria - Sanusi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s Time To Peg Marriage Age In Nigeria, Says Emir Of Kano by superstar1(m): 5:32pm On May 24, 2016
The Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi II Tuesday voiced his opposition against child marriage saying it’s time to peg marriage age in the Nigeria. Addressing a conference of Northern Muslims Religious Leaders Forum on Primary Health care in Kano, the former Central Bank Governor explained that the reproductive health challenges associated with such practice is enough to discouraged the age long tradition.

Sanusi II Sanusi II said that Nigeria Muslims are ardent followers of Maliki school of thought like Morocco, Malaysia and Egypt, stressing that these brotherly countries had since pegged marriage age . In Sanusi II words ” I believe the time is ripe to take a stand on this age long practice of early marriage, and coincidentally we subscribed to Malikiyya school of thought like Morocco, Malaysia and Egypt who had since pegged marriage age to 17, 19 and 18 respectively”.

The emir stated that the role of a woman as a housewife are numerous and highly demanding, as he further stressed the need to allowed our women to attained maturity status before marriage. Sanusi II who frowned at cultural practices that encourages polygamy noted that “most of those who engage in this practice do not have the necessary economic power to support himself”.

The emir who took his audience through historical lane explained “in the past, cities like Kano, Katsina, Aghadez, and Timbuktu hold economic power of the Sahel region, and this economic prospect had since shifted to coastal cities around the globe”.

Commenting on wife battery, the emir said that Islam abhors assault on women and he enjoined those involved in the act to desist from such practice. Sanusi II disclosed that “I don’t expect my in-law to lay his hand on my daughter, but I have since urged her to retaliate any form of assault from her husband”

Source: The Vanguard.
Re: It’s Time To Peg Marriage Age In Nigeria, Says Emir Of Kano by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 24, 2016
Good idea but the change should start from the north.
Re: It’s Time To Peg Marriage Age In Nigeria, Says Emir Of Kano by dukie25: 5:34pm On May 24, 2016
Hear hear
Re: It’s Time To Peg Marriage Age In Nigeria, Says Emir Of Kano by dukie25: 5:36pm On May 24, 2016
Re: It’s Time To Peg Marriage Age In Nigeria, Says Emir Of Kano by cktheluckyman: 5:38pm On May 24, 2016
coming from a certified paedophile,i will pass.The same fool that ratified the marriage of a minor without her parents consent is now preaching!!! Oya continue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: It’s Time To Peg Marriage Age In Nigeria, Says Emir Of Kano by sanandreas(m): 5:39pm On May 24, 2016
Peg your house hold and not Nigeria. Did Nigerians complain to you about marriage? People need basic necessities and then marriage can come up.

1 Like

Re: It’s Time To Peg Marriage Age In Nigeria, Says Emir Of Kano by benedictnsi(m): 5:40pm On May 24, 2016
Our brothers in North won't still be patient for d young to grow older before marriage
Re: It’s Time To Peg Marriage Age In Nigeria, Says Emir Of Kano by papparatzzi2013: 5:41pm On May 24, 2016
I hope paedophiles like Sin-ator Yerima will agree to such proposition.
Re: It’s Time To Peg Marriage Age In Nigeria, Says Emir Of Kano by superstar1(m): 6:32pm On May 24, 2016
Re: It’s Time To Peg Marriage Age In Nigeria, Says Emir Of Kano by Osyabj: 7:42pm On May 24, 2016
If Sanusi has changed as a Paedophile Rapist of 13 yr old, Christian girl-child, Ese Oruru, and now wants to champion the cause of ending Muslim practice of kidnapping underage Christian girl-childrenm druggging them, brainwashing them, forcefully converting them to Islam, marrying them of to 50-60 year old Paedophiles and rapping them, then he should do two things before we can forgive him:

1) Sanusi should see that ten's of thousands of underage Christian girls being held in captivity in all Emir palaces, Sharia Commisions throughout the North are released with immidiate effect.

2)Sanusi should see that All Christian under age girls who were forcefully converted to Islam and forcefully married are released with immdiate effect,

3) Sanusi should apologise to Nigerias, Ese Oruru and her family for his rapping her for 8 months.

4 Sanusi should pay a restitution to assist all kidnapped underage girls to get treatment and to go to school to University level.

5) Sanusi should accept any other punishment a judge may impose on him for drugging and rapping Ese Oruru for 8 months.

Below are the facts about Sanusi and how he had Ese kidnapped for him for sexual slavery....

ESE WAS ABDUCTED FOR SANUSI. YINUSA WAS JUST AN AGENT SAYS THE MOTHER. HEAR HER:

"you will not see your daughter again forever. Na Emir say make I come carry your pikin come. Na there I go take (become) rich" (In English she says Yinusa told her she will never see her daughter forever. That it is the emir that sent him to bring her to him and that is how he will become rich/wealthy. And that even if she takes a lawyer, she will still not get Ese back cos the Emir is powerful)

So Yinusa is just a conduit, an agent. Sanusi is the "recepient" of the 13 years old Ese Oruru. It is why she is in the palace. The Yinusa guy marriage is deception. SHE WAS BROUGHT FOR SANUSI, says the mother.

click link to watch video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_VdzmtLeZQ&itct=CAsQpDAYASITCJ-n2tf5nssCFdG7fgod_lQKWlISZXNlIG9ydXJ1IGFiZHVjdGVk&gl=NG&hl=en&client=mv-google

(1) (Reply)

'I Don't Eat National Cake, I'm One Of Those Who Bake It' - Ben Bruce / OPINION:Niger Delta Avengers Are Terrorists Too / Why DSS Stopped Buhari's Trip To Niger Delta.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.