Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,173 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting (16207 Views)

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Rooting An Android Phone / Disadvantage Of Rooting Your Android Smartphone / Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Rilwayne001: 7:37am On May 26, 2016
skillet:

That's what I said, but since you can't read properly, I might have to revise my thoughts.

Exactly what I mean. You've admitted already, there is no point revising your thoughts.

You can try android any time, trust me, it's awesome. wink

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by alt3r3g0: 7:42am On May 26, 2016
The advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. Rooting and unrooting tech has progressed to the extent that its as good as 100% safe when you know what you are doing. As for warranty, you can unroot and reset the counter.

Anytime i get a new phone...first thing i do after unboxing and charging is to root the phone. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by skillet(m): 7:49am On May 26, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Exactly what I mean. You've admitted already, there is no point revising your thoughts.

You can try android any time, trust me, it's awesome. wink

Nice save. Good point tho. Do you have an app that will make me contended? As in an app that will be the end of all apps? When we get there, wake me.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Nobody: 7:49am On May 26, 2016
Phone rooting, allows you to use developers options and to tweak your phone
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by ITbomb(m): 8:00am On May 26, 2016
Ok
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Nobody: 8:00am On May 26, 2016
Like if you think warranty is scam
Share if I'm dumb

No disadvantage, rooting or jailbreaking is advantageous

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Nobody: 8:02am On May 26, 2016
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by nellyelitz(m): 8:04am On May 26, 2016
I root my tecno phone sometime ago but what am experiencing now is the device is slow and hangs a lot, also its very hot and during that time the battery run down like tap.

My thought was that the phone is getting old and as such it functions are getting weaker.

And its the rooting that caused the malfunctioning since the phone is old.

Please I really need more explanation because I'm planning to get another phone some and I was confuse about the rooting stuff. Thank you.
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Emmyfes(m): 8:14am On May 26, 2016
I self-service to root my phone Samsung galaxy duos g531h. give me apk link
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by RitzyPrince(m): 8:23am On May 26, 2016
Some are never satisfied till they kill there gadget. Buy phone use it as it is, 78.2% Nigerian spends more on purchasing smartphones than investing in something that'll generate revenue in the future, ain't nothing meaningful they even do with the phone angry #pathetic. Anyway Team iPhone grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Rilwayne001: 8:45am On May 26, 2016
skillet:

Nice save. Good point tho. Do you have an app that will make me contended? As in an app that will be the end of all apps? When we get there, wake me.

Depends of the task you want to perform. I cant just randomly recommend an app, you know?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by buksaylor001: 8:57am On May 26, 2016
I rooted my HTC 625 and am enjoying it because I can move around the phone.No restrictions.Am in charge-

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Agozie48: 8:59am On May 26, 2016
I once rooted my techno phone the Bluetooth just stopped working
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by miracle4(m): 9:14am On May 26, 2016
With rooting, you can remove bloatware, optimize your device, customize ROM and do other tweaks..... in the same vein, rooting can make your device susceptible to malware attacks, bricking of the ROM and would normally void your phone's warranty.

For Rooting guides:

You can opt here for - rooting with PC and/or rooting without PC.
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by flokii: 9:22am On May 26, 2016
No system updates for rooted phones..

It's better to leave them d way they are
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Damilare5882(m): 9:36am On May 26, 2016
nonstan:

It is repairable..its what i do..pls bring any bricked phone for revival
here are you located? I have a Vsun H9 product and I leanrits been bricked......how do I go about it pls
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by bobkezel(m): 9:45am On May 26, 2016
How many times have you made use of your warranty in this nigeria? The only disadvantage in rooting is, you can't upgrade to new OS, you can prove me wrong sha, but that's the only disadvantage i've seen. Apart from that, rooting is awesome, the pros are countless, it out-weighs the cons.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Chimdiebere(m): 9:47am On May 26, 2016
RitzyPrince:
Some are never satisfied till they kill there gadget. Buy phone use it as it is, 78.2% Nigerian spends more on purchasing smartphones than investing in something that'll generate revenue in the future, ain't nothing meaningful they even do with the phone angry #pathetic. Anyway Team iPhone grin
unfortunately, even iphones are useless when compared to Androids at doing complicated stuffs. But although Apple is too restrictive and not liberal. the only things you people are better than us at is only

SECURITY
PERFORMANCE
PICTURE QUALITY
SOUND SPEAKER
that's all......

The rest of what droids do is what you can't achieve. Maybe you guys weren't programmed the same way. However , use whatever that pleases you. thanks
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Chimdiebere(m): 9:51am On May 26, 2016
nellyelitz:
I root my tecno phone sometime ago but what am experiencing now is the device is slow and hangs a lot, also its very hot and during that time the battery run down like tap.

My thought was that the phone is getting old and as such it functions are getting weaker.

And its the rooting that caused the malfunctioning since the phone is old.

Please I really need more explanation because I'm planning to get another phone some and I was confuse about the rooting stuff. Thank you.
get android tweaker and love-vendor my rom
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by nonstan(m): 9:53am On May 26, 2016
Damilare5882:
here are you located? I have a Vsun H9 product and I leanrits been bricked......how do I go about it pls

I stay in Enugu...u have to get the stock ROM of the phone and flash it with it..its that simple
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Okusi(m): 10:04am On May 26, 2016
so who can root a Xiaomi redmi note 3 pro in the house I need genius here! @nonstan
[b]so who can root a Xiaomi redmi note 3 pro in the house I need genius here! @nonstan
[/b]so who can root a Xiaomi redmi note 3 pro in the house I need genius here! @nonstan
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by nonstan(m): 10:15am On May 26, 2016
Okusi:
so who can root a Xiaomi redmi note 3 pro in the house I need genius here! @nonstan
[b]so who can root a Xiaomi redmi note 3 pro in the house I need genius here! @nonstan
[/b]so who can root a Xiaomi redmi note 3 pro in the house I need genius here! @nonstan
All I cn do from here is to guide u a bit on d process..u need to buzz me on WhatsApp sha for details wen am less busy..cos I stay in Enugu and will be going to lag next week
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by donfineboy(m): 10:37am On May 26, 2016
pls guys how do I root my infinix hot 2 6.0 .I have tried rooting it with my PC and kingroot yet I couldn't root it .help pls
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Nobody: 10:42am On May 26, 2016
Check my signature for more android tweaks...
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Chimdiebere(m): 11:17am On May 26, 2016
donfineboy:
pls guys how do I root my infinix hot 2 6.0 .I have tried rooting it with my PC and kingroot yet I couldn't root it .help pls
add me on your Whatsapp 08146073659
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by RitzyPrince(m): 11:30am On May 26, 2016
Chimdiebere:
unfortunately, even iphones are useless when compared to Androids at doing complicated stuffs. But although Apple is too restrictive and not liberal. the only things you people are better than us at is only

SECURITY
PERFORMANCE
PICTURE QUALITY
SOUND SPEAKER
that's all......

The rest of what droids do is what you can't achieve. Maybe you guys weren't programmed the same way. However , use whatever that pleases you. thanks
Lol, what are you saying? I wasn't comparing iOS with Android but since you know much, why not tell me what android does that iPhones can't do??
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Damilare5882(m): 11:38am On May 26, 2016
nonstan:

I stay in Enugu...u have to get the stock ROM of the phone and flash it with it..its that simple
thanks .. all i can see when i googled was flash file ... is it also the same as stock rom ??
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Nobody: 11:45am On May 26, 2016
There is no much advantages for phone rooting, make I jejely dey manage my phone like this
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Timbuktu14(m): 12:08pm On May 26, 2016
Mckandre:
he said disadvantages, why u too like to dey speak too much drama,re u a blogger?
He said benefits and disadvantages. And the poster did Justice to it. What's tthe fuss about?
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by designexploit(m): 12:45pm On May 26, 2016
You may find this useful!!!

++ How to ROOT your Stubborn Android phone ++

But then Research has done a lot good to me. Now with my little experience there are some Android phones that are very STURBBON to Root. There is no time for much talk... you will come back to thank me.

(1) Follow this link, Skip Ad to start your download http://url2it.com/cnnrgd ... Install the software to your pc and reboot system...

(2) After system finish booting, Connect your system to the internet and launch the software on your PC

(3) On your Android phone, goto Settings and select "Developer Option" locate and enable "USB Debug Mode", back to you home page to continue...

NOTE: In some Android phones Developer Option is disabled by default. Here is how you get to it: Go to the "Settings" menu, and scroll down to "About phone." Tap it... Scroll down to the bottom again, where you see "Build number." (Your build number may vary from ours here. Tap it seven (7) times. Go back to setting and continue step 3

(4) Then connect your device to the system and wait for 1 - 3 minutes... The name of your device appears on the dashboard...

(5) Once you see that, click the "Root" button to start rooting. YOU MUST WAIT UNTIL YOUR DEVICE REBOOTS by itself.

After that ENJOY.

ANOTHER SOLUTION:

ROOT DEVICE WITHOUT PC SOFTWARE

Download the apk file from the same link I provided above and install it on your android device.

Make sure you are connected to the internet, its very important. Download directly to you Android device http://url2it.com/cnnrng Start the app on your android device, watt till Name and Make of your device appears on screen, then click "ROOT"

Device reboots itself and you are done here. Device is ready to use.

Enjoy!!!

Do this at your OWN RISK! I am not responsible for any damage caused to your Android smartphone.

DISCLAIMER: ROOTING YOUR PHONE WILL PROBABLY VOID YOUR WARRANTY FROM BOTH THE CARRIER AND THE MANUFACTURER. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO ACCEPT FAULT FOR ANY ADVERSE EFFECTS OF ROOTING.
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Emeka71(m): 1:01pm On May 26, 2016
This is simply IMEI tweaking in sim.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria National Anthem Ringtone / How To Install Any Version Of Windows On Your Android Phone / Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Officially Launched - Full Specification And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.