Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. (28818 Views)

The Complete List Of Courses And Best University To Study The Course In Nigeria / How To Enjoy The Course You Hate. / Why You May End Up Not Practising The Course You Studied In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Fxwarrior: 5:20pm On May 25, 2016
EmpresFIDEL:
good morning friends.. I need your advice. am a 100lv student studying fisheries after searching for admission for 3yrs... but I still want to write jamb next year to study pharmacy. what do you think? I should continue with the fisheries or I should take another jamb for pharmacy which I love so much. am 21years old.

Guy you need to face reality. In times like this any course related to Agriculture is a hit from back to back.
Don't mind people telling you that you can rear fish or engage in fishing without education.

I wish I took a course in Agriculture, I would have been feeding my state now with the monetary benefits included too.

Loving a course and not having the aptitude or intellectual capacity to pursue it is void.
You gave 3 years of your life to it, it didn't work, move on with fishery. That's my take. Tanks.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Fxwarrior: 5:25pm On May 25, 2016
Suigeneris93:
It depends on your school or department, you can study Fisheries for one year, get really good grades and switch to Pharmacy in 200 level instead of writing another Jamb which you're not sure of getting the admission. I did it and it worked for me

Cc:
Fynestboi
Richiez
Lalasticlala he needs more helpful suggestions

My friend tried this and it backfired on him.
After paying school fees and other expenses for 5 years he was shown the door out. He had to change school.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Rekeb: 5:47pm On May 25, 2016
Take another JAMB for pharmacy, the course you love. I did the same thing many years ago. I don't regret it.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Lush100(m): 6:16pm On May 25, 2016
Most people who don't like a course has not met someone who would show them the gold mine in it,
No course is bad,
However doing a course u like is important but not the ultimate.

take ur jamb again or try to do change of course in ur Uni,

most people end up finding income from work places not specific to the course except for professional couses like medicine, law etc.

but put in your best, Do all u can do to change , but don't let go what u have now until u have found it,

u can never know which one will bring out the best for you
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by spencekat(m): 6:16pm On May 25, 2016
Some courses should be scrapped.They should not appear on UTME brochure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by dipznano: 6:54pm On May 25, 2016
Vickyydera:
Your case is similar to my own, I applied for political science, imsu gave me education economics, I was so disappointed the day I saw my admission letter(my dad was happy though cos he sees political science as a pure waste of time in the university) I made up my mind to study it and change to political science in my 200L but when I entered 200L I didn't want to change the course again cos finally I end up loving the course, I advise you to study this course for a year and see if you will like to continue with it or not.

NB: Nigeria doesn't give damn about what you studied, just get the damn certificate. cheesy

So in Nigeria you can tender a fishers certificate for pharmacy yea? angry

Abeg bro, u could retake the Jamb, the only problem is you might have to pick another school... however, you can work hard enough for Good grades to change ur course but that might require you taking some compulsory 1st year pharmacy courses (if allowed). If you do good enough, you could be lucky (dat if ur dept releases you, *as pa Efiwe*) grin

N/b: you shouldn't sign out of ur dept b4 signing into another... it's dangerous if u don't av assurance of admittance into the other department.

Cheers
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 25, 2016
Fxwarrior:

My friend tried this and it backfired on him.
After paying school fees and other expenses for 5 years he was shown the door out. He had to change school.

how did it backfire?
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 25, 2016
OreoPaschal:

Nwa down school!...the strike will be off by Monday. grin cheesy
Are you sure? cos I never hear anything o
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by bennymark(m): 8:29pm On May 25, 2016
Continue with the course, it is not regrettable cos Nigeria is facing agriculture now square, moreso you are young, you can do a 2nd degree if you are crazy like me. If you do not want, you can do a professional course and you will be surprised at opportunities that abound, you can even be a bank manager if you choose. You do not know why God placed you there, you can be whatever you choose, opportunities of life are endless. If you are ambitious you can get 2 degrees and 1masters be4 u clock 30. You will never do well in Fisheries if you do not start liking it now, so what happens if you don't get admitted to study pharmacy next year, imagine the setback. Take Charge! On the contrary pray to God for direction

EmpresFIDEL:
good morning friends.. I need your advice. am a 100lv student studying fisheries after searching for admission for 3yrs... but I still want to write jamb next year to study pharmacy. what do you think? I should continue with the fisheries or I should take another jamb for pharmacy which I love so much. am 21years old.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by donhils: 8:31pm On May 25, 2016
Uyi168:
..In uniben,fisheries and oda agric courses is 5 gud yrs..just imagine!...
same thing happened to me..applied 4 pharmacy,was qiven fisheries..didnt bother wit d clearance...took jamb d next yr dat followed..now i'm a pharmacy studnt!..
You did right.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by bb6xt(m): 8:42pm On May 25, 2016
EmpresFIDEL:

If you really put your mind to it and have an entrepreneurial spirit you will be making good money from that course long before you graduate. By the time you do graduate you'll already be an employer of labor. Pharmacy is a good course but so also is fisheries. If your reason for getting a degree is to get a job then you should probably go for pharmacy. Otherwise stick with fisheries and explore how you can start a modest fish farm and before you know it you'll be glad you did.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by OreoPaschal(m): 10:05pm On May 25, 2016
Vickyydera:
Are you sure? cos I never hear anything o
That's the rumour in school now...I hope it becomes a good news too.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 25, 2016
EmpresFIDEL:

You searched for Pharmacy for 3 years and then
settled for Fisheries. And you seem to have made
up your mind that its either Pharmacy or nothing.

A deeper problem you might have is not being clear
on what you want.

You're still quite young and you need to form the
habit of seeing more options, not just either this
or nothing else.

Think of what you'll want to be doing in the next
10 years. That could help you make a more logical
decision

Cheers!
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 11:28pm On May 25, 2016
Suigeneris93:
It depends on your school or department, you can study Fisheries for one year, get really good grades and switch to Pharmacy in 200 level instead of writing another Jamb which you're not sure of getting the admission. I did it and it worked for me

Cc:
Fynestboi
Richiez
its not possible in where I school. delsu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 25, 2016
Peterlawyer:
guy better study what is given to u how are u sure that ur will pass jamb next year talk more of getting admission
I knw I will pass it... av never failed jamb.. am just considering my age as a lady.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 11:37pm On May 25, 2016
wow thanks very much you guys are the best siblings ever..
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by mimicue(f): 11:41pm On May 25, 2016
Pls accept the course and start studying for your course .. You will end up likingIt. for 3years back to back you have been applying for phamarcy and you are still asking whether u should keep writing jamb. My dear you are already 21years and now today there are already 21year old graduates, and what are your chances that they will pick you for your desired course next year.. My dear accept the course.. Study ..fishery sounds interesting . I bet you will learn to like it and if you are so adamant about studying phamarcy then u can keep writing jamb while in school or rather study well to get a good grade so u can transfer to phamarcy.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Antwahnyboy(m): 12:39am On May 26, 2016
This is exactly my story... Wrote 2nd jamb 2015 passed 253.. Bio phy eng chem... Applied pharmacy in UNIJOS... STRIKE till 2016 wen d allowed time 4 jamb reg had passed... Afta remedials... Good score berra dan some dt gt d medicine nd pharmacy sef.... Saw my name in agric.... Chai.... Uj.. Nww doing reg.... Diz tin fit kill prsn... Its d most painful time of my life.... Jamb again iz a most by d grace of GOD.... Am from borno state... Unimaid tinzs on point

1 Like

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Iykon1313(m): 6:12am On May 26, 2016
EmpresFIDEL:

If u know that u ll write jamb again, why did u start fishery?
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by snowblaq(f): 6:20am On May 26, 2016
EmpresFIDEL:
my dear...I wld advise u to retake jamb next year and go for the pharmacy profession you love...im a pharmacist myself...and id truthfully tell u dat the school process isnt one bit easy...but with God on ur side...u can make it like I did....and even after leaving school....u wld never have a problem with employment...to me...I wld say its better than fishery...especially wen u consider the country you are in.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by snowblaq(f): 6:22am On May 26, 2016
Suigeneris93:
You cannot transfer to pharmacy....

Cc:
Fynestboi
Richiez
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by wacoj(m): 9:00am On May 26, 2016
Aare2050:
speaking from experience....

I initially wanted to study law...

but after writing jamb 3 times, I was offered admission in a federal college of education to study YORUBA LANGUAGE.

I felt bad, I wanted to reject, but someone told me to take up the course and write jamb the next year, I oblige and accept the admission.

after one year, I started loving the courses involved, I love it to the extent that I became the president of the department.

mind you, I hated the subject during my secondary days, but I got A1 in WAEC.

so when you plan, allow your destiny to pave way for you.
I'm now a serving B'15 corps member.

I can have my masters in education, literature and grammar.

and to think of it.
in Nigeria there are lawyers that ended up been an actor or actress.

there are doctors making a living through fish farming.

pray and allow things to work itself out.

Bros, whoever advised you to do this in Nigeria of today hates you and your generation.
My candid advice for you is this: After studying Yoruba Language, go for Masters in Agriculture
so that you can learn about herbs also.
This means while you use Yoruba for incantations, you will use Agric to know which herbs cures a particular disease
by so doing, you will make a good NATIVE DOCTOR.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by KPhantom(m): 9:28am On May 26, 2016
very very shallow and myopic response on here.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Aare2050(m): 9:33am On May 26, 2016
wacoj:

Bros, whoever advised you to do this in Nigeria of today hates you and your generation.
My candid advice for you is this: After studying Yoruba Language, go for Masters in Agriculture
so that you can learn about herbs also.
This means while you use Yoruba for incantations, you will use Agric to know which herbs cures a particular disease
by so doing, you will make a good NATIVE DOCTOR.

*gather spits, throws it on wacoj pitiable head*

at first I wanted to overlook your mention, but in a second thought, I discover that you need help.

you have been on nairaland since year 2010, yet you don't have any meaningful contribution all you do is to move from politics section to celebrities and lastly to where your members are hiding, the crime section of nairaland. where you have your annual cocaine and Igbo smoking conference.

for having the courage to mention my generation, you and your generation has been doomed to and confined to everlasting poverty and for ever you and your generation shall suffer from the sins they know nothing about, which you brought upon them.

people like you are the reason why NIGERIA is not moving forward, never see anything in what others are doing, yet you sit your lazy ass down without doing anything. thunder fire that your finger u use typing this early morning. 'ewu'

now let me educate you.
the Yoruba language in case you don't know, is been thought in great schools in America, Brazil, Argentina, Canada, Cuba, Peru, among others.

very soon, in the core Yoruba state, syllabuses shall be treated in pure Yoruba language, this has helped countries like China, Japan, India, to grow strongly against other country because they place great value on their local language.

you, continue serving your slave masters. and you shall forever be a slave.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by ArcToyin(m): 11:16am On May 26, 2016
Try to have good grade in 100L, then you try to change course. Also, obtain Jamb next year to try pharmacy. And if both doesn't work out, sit down with your fisheries. mind you, fisheries is a prolific and awesome course. I have friends who studied the course and are doing well through it.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 11:51am On May 26, 2016
EmpresFIDEL:
Go for what u love dear. Moving on with fishery might be the worst mistake of ur life. It happened to me and I am still regretting.The thought of being a pharmacist will always occupy ur mind so do it now. To get admission thru direct entry is not easy so go thru JAMB. Imagine I had to write JAMB again after my masters degree.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by wacoj(m): 12:11pm On May 26, 2016
Aare2050:

*gather spits, throws it on wacoj pitiable head*

at first I wanted to overlook your mention, but in a second thought, I discover that you need help.

you have been on nairaland since year 2010, yet you don't have any meaningful contribution all you do is to move from politics section to celebrities and lastly to where your members are hiding, the crime section of nairaland. where you have your annual cocaine and Igbo smoking conference.

for having the courage to mention my generation, you and your generation has been doomed to and confined to everlasting poverty and for ever you and your generation shall suffer from the sins they know nothing about, which you brought upon them.

people like you are the reason why NIGERIA is not moving forward, never see anything in what others are doing, yet you sit your lazy ass down without doing anything. thunder fire that your finger u use typing this early morning. 'ewu'

now let me educate you.
the Yoruba language in case you don't know, is been thought in great schools in America, Brazil, Argentina, Canada, Cuba, Peru, among others.

very soon, in the core Yoruba state, syllabuses shall be treated in pure Yoruba language, this has helped countries like China, Japan, India, to grow strongly against other country because they place great value on their local language.

you, continue serving your slave masters. and you shall forever be a slave.

To start with, I don't throw punches in the air. Yoruba people are well known for their cowardice.
I didn't insult you in the first place. I only said the person that advised you to accept this punishment
called course of study doesn't like you and who ever doesn't like your well-being does not like
your generation simple! But you failed to understand the meaning.

Secondly, let me also remind you that those countries you mentioned where Yoruba is learnt
just do it as a foreign language and to study the culture of the
people purely for research purposes but in Nigeria the case is different.

Now tell me after studying Yoruba, where can you proudly present yourself to be useful in the society?
If you are asked to teach Yoruba in Ijebu Ode secondary sch, u will certainly not be happy! If you are
asked to become a native doctor u will surely be sad so tell me, where else can you be effective?

It is actually people like you that are causing more economic problems in Nigeria for having nothing
to offer the nation throughout ur life time. Just look at our GDP. We the Igbos are tired of people like you in Nigeria.

Finally May all the curses reverse and locate you in double fold for being so useless to Nigeria.
YOU WANT TO SPEND 4 SOLID YEARS TO STUDY INCANTATIONS! You need to be sorry for yourself.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by ladyrose24(f): 12:12pm On May 26, 2016
My dear, just hold on to ur course n re-write jamb, if u don't like it, don't force urself to it. Last year, I wrote jamb n I applied for medicine but delsu gave me fishery, my dear I reject d course cos I can't go n kill myself for something I don't av passion 4, 4get ur age u can always achieve what u want no matter how long it will take. What matters is to be happy in whatever u do

1 Like

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 26, 2016
[quote author=snowblaq post=45974403][/quote]

Says who It depends on the school jare
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by wacoj(m): 12:40pm On May 26, 2016
ladyrose24:
My dear, just hold on to ur course n re-write jamb, if u don't like it, don't force urself to it. Last year, I wrote jamb n I applied for medicine but delsu gave me fishery, my dear I reject d course cos I can't go n kill myself for something I don't av passion 4, 4get ur age u can always achieve what u want no matter how long it will take. What matters is to be happy in whatever u do

YOU ARE VERY SENSIBLE!
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Aare2050(m): 1:58pm On May 26, 2016
wacoj:

To start with, I don't throw punches in the air. Yoruba people are well known for their cowardice.
I didn't insult you in the first place. I only said the person that advised you to accept this punishment
called course of study doesn't like you and who ever doesn't like your well-being does not like
your generation simple! But you failed to understand the meaning.

Secondly, let me also remind you that those countries you mentioned where Yoruba is learnt
just do it as a foreign language and to study the culture of the
people purely for research purposes but in Nigeria the case is different.

Now tell me after studying Yoruba, where can you proudly present yourself to be useful in the society?
If you are asked to teach Yoruba in Ijebu Ode secondary sch, u will certainly not be happy! If you are
asked to become a native doctor u will surely be sad so tell me, where else can you be effective?

It is actually people like you that are causing more economic problems in Nigeria for having nothing
to offer the nation throughout ur life time. Just look at our GDP. We the Igbos are tired of people like you in Nigeria.

Finally May all the curses reverse and locate you in double fold for being so useless to Nigeria.
YOU WANT TO SPEND 4 SOLID YEARS TO STUDY INCANTATIONS! You need to be sorry for yourself.

I would have continue reply and reply you. but it won't make any changes, just knew you an Igbo Boy.

I'm serving in your land.
Enugu state, nsukka LGA eha alumuno
I've known about your people.
killing your fellow men for land and cashew nut is what you know how to do best.
bunch of criminals.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by wacoj(m): 2:12pm On May 26, 2016
Aare2050:

I would have continue reply and reply you. but it won't make any changes, just knew you an Igbo Boy.

I'm serving in your land.
Enugu state, nsukka LGA eha alumuno
I've known about your people.
killing your fellow men for land and cashew nut is what you know how to do best.
bunch of criminals.

I believe by mentioning serving you mean NYSC.
So you really want to tell me that you ended up graduating with B.A Yoruba? what a waste.
You can clearly see the effects of studying yoruba. You can not even make a very good sentence.
Read the nonsense you typed. If it were to be yoruba language, you would've scored A1.

The person you called a boy did his NYSC many years ago and he is advising you on d way forward only for you to be ranting!
I thought you said ''HELP, I DON'T LIKE THE COURSE I AM STUDYING'' and now u said u are serving?
You see yourself? I have been living in Lagos for more than 8 years now and I've come to understand that an average yoruba man
is a coward and noise maker!

After service, take ur certificate to Ife shrine for a job! You antelope..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers / Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees / Teacher In Lagos Forces Her Pupil To Brush Teeth With Sand As Punishment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.