Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. (28819 Views)

The Complete List Of Courses And Best University To Study The Course In Nigeria / How To Enjoy The Course You Hate. / Why You May End Up Not Practising The Course You Studied In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Aare2050(m): 2:25pm On May 26, 2016
wacoj:

I believe by mentioning serving you mean NYSC.
So you really want to tell me that you ended up graduating with B.A Yoruba? what a waste.
You can clearly see the effects of studying yoruba. You can not even make a very good sentence.
Read the nonsense you typed. If it were to be yoruba language, you would've scored A1.

The person you called a boy did his NYSC many years ago and he is advising you on d way forward only for you to be ranting!
I thought you said ''HELP, I DON'T LIKE THE COURSE I AM STUDYING'' and now u said u are serving?
You see yourself? I have been living in Lagos for more than 8 years now and I've come to understand that an average yoruba man
is a coward and noise maker!

After service, take ur certificate to Ife shrine for a job! You antelope..

I'm happy you have been staying in Lagos for 8 years.
why are you not in your village if truly Yoruba men are lazy and noise makers. you even refer to me as an antelope, so you also rented an apartment and a shop where you sell your counterfeited goods in Lagos.

if you igbos are so great, why is it that you can't build your own region, other than running from one market to another.

I told you, you will forever be a slave to the colonial masters.

I'm proud of my discipline.

if my English is not good enough for you, thanks, after all you didn't pay a dime for my school fees.

and mind you, I'm not the OP that needs help, I'm just here to offer the OP my advice, you can see how confused you are.

your region is the worst in the whole country, yet you won't keep your stinky mouth shot.

go from onicha-awka-9th mile-nsukka-enugu ezike.
very bad roads, death trap.

just tell me one thing you and your blood sucking snake worshiper can categorically boost of.

awkward set of people,
who knows maybe your father was that man that work as a labourer with my uncle for 20 years before he return home to die.

never in your life quote me
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Mosb(m): 2:43pm On May 26, 2016
wacoj:

You are one of the biggest jokers of our time.
Are you really in the labour market?

People used this ur phrased when the banking sector was doing well, employing people without course consideration,
training them on the job BUT the truth is that the story has changed!

You better look before you leap. If you like, go and study Religion, Igbo, Yoruba, Fishery, or all these irrelevant courses. You will know ha far after NYSC!

. Congrats... A friend finished and after the whole NYSC thing and stuff... Guess what she works in a bank! She read ENGLISH LANGUAGE

1 Like

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by ericanex(f): 3:43pm On May 26, 2016
Aare2050:

I would have continue reply and reply you. but it won't make any changes, just knew you an Igbo Boy.

I'm serving in your land.
Enugu state, nsukka LGA eha alumuno
I've known about your people.
killing your fellow men for land and cashew nut is what you know how to do best.
bunch of criminals.
please don't start a tribal e war can't you insult the individual personally without involving the whole Enugu.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Aare2050(m): 3:46pm On May 26, 2016
ericanex:
please don't start a tribal e war can't you insult the individual personally without involving the whole Enugu.

I'm sorry sister.
thanks for letting me know this
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Aare2050(m): 3:48pm On May 26, 2016
Mosb:
. Congrats... A friend finished and after the whole NYSC thing and stuff... Guess what she works in a bank! She read ENGLISH LANGUAGE

thanks for telling him.
he only knows about buying and selling, nothing else

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Michellla(f): 5:36pm On May 26, 2016
Now you’re halfway through your
course and the thought of being pigeonholed by your degree subject for the rest of your life fills you with despair. Unfortunately, it’s often impossible to know whether or not you’ll like a course until you’ve started it.
the only option now is to re_evaluate wat your options are.and see if you wana continue or move to a different direction.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by SeanBeezy(m): 11:31am On Sep 28, 2016
I had a similar issue, wanted to study medicine but couldn't after having good grades in both jamb and post utme, had to shift attention to microbiology for like two years but was given Fisheries instead. At first, I was very mad and upset because I saw it then as an embarrassment to me because to me, it's just a course for dullards but I was wrong. I made up my mind of changing the course after first year (mind you, I've not started school yet). I started school finally with my initial mindset. During our induction, our hod talked to us about what we'll stand to gain after studying the course, how we'll be self employed and stuffs like that. I went home that day and asked myself what I really wanted in life, whether to work under someone or be a boss of my own, an entrepreneur. Naturally I started loving my course and came out from the euphoria of shyness. Now I'm in my 4th year and preparing for our practical year. I'm also a Parliamentarian representing my faculty in the SUG. Fisheries is not all about fish and fishing alone as it encompasses other sectors like Oceanography, fish gear and technology, parasites and diseases, seamanship and navigation and other stuffs. So ask yourself what you want and make a decision you wouldn't regret. Good luck mate!
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 03, 2016
thank u very Much for all ur replies. well av decided to focus on fisheries.. av seen future in it. I promise u guys I will come bk nd testify after 4yrs.. love u all

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nelsonzeno: 8:21pm On Nov 13, 2016
pls frndz is it possible to change from statistics to civil engineering or ani engineering at second year in ui
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Prevhoo: 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2018
If this makes you happy....

I studies fisheries.

I work as a digital marketer and an export manager.

I earn six figures monthly.

I hope this inspires you.

The difference is, are you special and very creative?
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 19, 2018
Prevhoo:
If this makes you happy....

I studies fisheries.

I work as a digital marketer and an export manager.

I earn six figures monthly.

I hope this inspires you.

The difference is, are you special and very creative?
what you are saying is that you did not work as a fisheries scientists?
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Fxwarrior: 1:46pm On Jan 16, 2019
It depends on your school or department, you can study Fisheries for one year, get really good grades and switch to Pharmacy in 200 level instead of writing another Jamb which you're not sure of getting the admission. I did it and it worked for me

Cc:
Fynestboi
Richiez
Lalasticlala he needs more helpful suggestions

Wait. You dey craze? Fisheries to pharmacy. What has fish got to do with drugs?
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by TheRealestGuy(m): 11:17am On Jun 06, 2019
ericanex:

Hey cutie.

How you doing this morning?

smiley
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Eastboi(m): 9:33pm On Jun 06, 2019
deebsman1:
From personal experience, pls re-write d jamb but hold on to what u have on hand for now.

But studying a course u don't like could b disastrous in d long run sha

Its a 2 ways thing, it could turn right or wrong

I have a friend that luv to study medicine then but was giving physics and did physics but today cashing big money thru dat and I personally wanting computer science but giving mathematics, my man I didn't thrive studying d maths until I changed ova to ma heart desire computer science.

Best of luck
how did u switch to computer science
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by biggie73(m): 4:40pm On Jun 08, 2019
good morning friends.. I need your advice. am a 100lv student studying fisheries after searching for admission for 3yrs... but I still want to write jamb next year to study pharmacy. what do you think? I should continue with the fisheries or I should take another jamb for pharmacy which I love so much. am 21years old.
.....is it possible you study Pharmacy at the Masters level while you finish up your Fishery degree stuff? Because at the end of it all, Nigeria will still Bleep you up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers / Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees / Teacher In Lagos Forces Her Pupil To Brush Teeth With Sand As Punishment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.