Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations (3218 Views)

NCC Stops MTN From Acquiring Visafone / How To Subscribe To MTN Unlimited Data For 150 Naira A Day / Etisalat Sues MTN Over Visafone Acquisition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by Ask4Info: 1:20pm On May 25, 2016
Good day MTN Management,

I will like to go straight to the point regarding your new operation of Visafone Nigeria after your taking over of the company sometime last year. As much as I commend your acquiring of the company and having the foresight to look into acquiring a reputable company like Visafone who was dominating the CDMA market in Nigeria after others went down the drain due to lack of vision, good management and putting customer’s needs into consideration there are concerns of mine I will like to state in the paragraphs below.

When the news of your acquiring the company came into limelight to the general public late last year, I was hoping the MTN management wouldn’t fall into the mistake of previous telecoms providers especially those in the CDMA sector, but unfortunately, as it seems to play out each day MTN are likely to make the same mistake. Or how else will you explain making the Visafone recharge card absolutely scarce or should I say totally non-available? The Visafone recharge card seem to have totally gone extinct thereby making customers abandon their Visafone lines. Afterall, of what use is the phone and network if you can’t make calls to customer / clients / business associates on it.

Again, I will like to bring to the knowledge of the MTN / Visafone management that MAJORITY of subscribers of the Visafone (general CDMA) are corporate entities / organizations who are in need of a “corporate number” i.e. the “01” (For Lagos) and “09” (Abuja) and for other states respectively. Being someone who has been in the business world for over a decade, I know that there’s a very clear difference in professionalism of having a corporate number i.e 01-1234567 as against 08031234567. Companies with official corporate cdma numbers are taken more seriously than those with the GSM numbers. So the need for allowing Visafone subscribers retain their “01” number is of extreme importance as any change to this will see a drastic drop in your subscriber base especially from corporate organizations and entrepreneurs alike.

Should I also bring to your notice that doing away with table top phones in place of only mobile phones is a total mistake the MTN Management is about to embark on. Why should corporate businesses and serious entrepreneurs have to put their “official” phones into their handbags and suitcases? It is a corporate line and at such should be left in the office.

With the competition in the GSM market amongst the 4 major telecommunications network, I sincerely hope MTN is not planning of introducing Visafone to bring products and services to compete with its other competitors because if this happens, it clearly spells doom for the company. Visafone if well planned should concentrate on SOLELY the CDMA network and target on grabbing at least 80% of the CDMA market share in Nigeria which from all indications is very possible. I will confidently tell you that this is possible as I have clearly thought of this and have mapped out feasibility studies to achieve this.

Now, as it appears, Visafone has been known to have the cheapest call tariff in the entire telecoms industry. What is MTN’s plan of maintaining such or are they planning to restructure the Visafone tariff to meet the GSM industry? These are things that should be clearly and urgently looked into to avoid any major corporate setback or mistake.
This letter is coming in from a concerned subscriber who has 3 Visafone lines for my businesses and have introduced well over 10 clients to the CDMA service thereby seeing them purchase several Visafone lines for their businesses.

I sincerely hope this issues are critically looked into and tackled where need be so that the heavy amount used in acquiring the Visafone company doesn’t go down the drain.

Concerned Visafone User

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by Ask4Info: 1:21pm On May 25, 2016
Please who can help push this to frontpage?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by Ask4Info: 1:24pm On May 25, 2016
Mynd44, please can you assist? millions of people are currently facing difficulties with the new Visafone operation.

Nonavailability of the recharge cards amongst others.
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by hpk(m): 1:44pm On May 25, 2016
I'll miss VISAFONE.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by Ask4Info: 1:59pm On May 25, 2016
hpk:
I'll miss VISAFONE.

Missing is an UNDERSTATEMENT.

They had the BEST and CHEAPEST call rates in the Nigeria Telecoms Industry.

I think poor marketing and target line was what cause Jim Ovia to sell it to MTN.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by bizgenius1: 3:35pm On May 25, 2016
Any visafone for sale??, pks kindly comment

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by 2dillu2(m): 4:08pm On May 25, 2016
Sadly, we don't have visafone in my Area embarassed
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by Ask4Info: 5:21pm On May 25, 2016
bizgenius1:
Any visafone for sale??, pks kindly comment

What do yu mean by "any visafone for sale?"

The line or the recharge card?

I believe both have now gone extinct in Nigeria.
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by yomalex(m): 5:29pm On May 25, 2016
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by Ask4Info: 5:57pm On May 25, 2016
yomalex:
Oh Visafone sad
How To Migrate Visafone To MTN Network

I will rather throw away my three lines than migrate to MTN.
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by Freelancer2015(m): 5:59pm On May 25, 2016
Please how can one get the corporate number?
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:02pm On May 25, 2016
Ehn throw na. One spanner lost, finish.

See as you write Epistle full ground to tell another man how to run him business and spend him money. Smh.

They have given u the opportunity to retain your beloved 01 number. Either u take it or leave.

Vex open your own telco na.
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 25, 2016
Ask4Info:

OP, if you need a 01 number, you can try o'net. I purchased 035 recently for a company based in Osogbo.
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 25, 2016
Freelancer2015:
Please how can one get the corporate number?
O'net provides that if your company is based in South West.
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by Ask4Info: 6:10pm On May 25, 2016
4llerbuntu:
Ehn throw na. One spanner lost, finish.

See as you write Epistle full ground to tell another man how to run him business and spend him money. Smh.

They have given u the opportunity to retain your beloved 01 number. Either u take it or leave.

Vex open your own telco na.

Coming from an old nairaland menber i would have expected you to be more mature and intelligent to have contributed better.

This is the problem of Nigeria and Nigerians. We think even as customers we have absolutely no say just because we aren't the owner of the business.

MARK MY WORD TODAY, Visafone will not last 6months and MTN will REGRET their investment in that company because people like you on their management team will rather turn a deaf hear that take criticism.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by Ask4Info: 6:15pm On May 25, 2016
mightyfada:

OP, if you need a 01 number, you can try o'net. I purchased 035 recently for a company based in Osogbo.

How many CDM will i use in my life time in Nigeria?

I have used in the past Intercellular, Multilinks, Celtel, Starcomms and now Visafone.

Realize that all company brochures and materials have already had on them on these numbers.
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 25, 2016
get your facts right op.. that is why this thread have NOT made front page..... you retain your number when you migrate to Mtn and you purchase another phone.. then MTN compensates your with airtime ranging from 5h to 20k....
Ask4Info:
Good day MTN Management,

I will like to go straight to the point regarding your new operation of Visafone Nigeria after your taking over of the company sometime last year. As much as I commend your acquiring of the company and having the foresight to look into acquiring a reputable company like Visafone who was dominating the CDMA market in Nigeria after others went down the drain due to lack of vision, good management and putting customer’s needs into consideration there are concerns of mine I will like to state in the paragraphs below.

When the news of your acquiring the company came into limelight to the general public late last year, I was hoping the MTN management wouldn’t fall into the mistake of previous telecoms providers especially those in the CDMA sector, but unfortunately, as it seems to play out each day MTN are likely to make the same mistake. Or how else will you explain making the Visafone recharge card absolutely scarce or should I say totally non-available? The Visafone recharge card seem to have totally gone extinct thereby making customers abandon their Visafone lines. Afterall, of what use is the phone and network if you can’t make calls to customer / clients / business associates on it.

Again, I will like to bring to the knowledge of the MTN / Visafone management that MAJORITY of subscribers of the Visafone (general CDMA) are corporate entities / organizations who are in need of a “corporate number” i.e. the “01” (For Lagos) and “09” (Abuja) and for other states respectively. Being someone who has been in the business world for over a decade, I know that there’s a very clear difference in professionalism of having a corporate number i.e 01-1234567 as against 08031234567. Companies with official corporate cdma numbers are taken more seriously than those with the GSM numbers. So the need for allowing Visafone subscribers retain their “01” number is of extreme importance as any change to this will see a drastic drop in your subscriber base especially from corporate organizations and entrepreneurs alike.

Should I also bring to your notice that doing away with table top phones in place of only mobile phones is a total mistake the MTN Management is about to embark on. Why should corporate businesses and serious entrepreneurs have to put their “official” phones into their handbags and suitcases? It is a corporate line and at such should be left in the office.

With the competition in the GSM market amongst the 4 major telecommunications network, I sincerely hope MTN is not planning of introducing Visafone to bring products and services to compete with its other competitors because if this happens, it clearly spells doom for the company. Visafone if well planned should concentrate on SOLELY the CDMA network and target on grabbing at least 80% of the CDMA market share in Nigeria which from all indications is very possible. I will confidently tell you that this is possible as I have clearly thought of this and have mapped out feasibility studies to achieve this.

Now, as it appears, Visafone has been known to have the cheapest call tariff in the entire telecoms industry. What is MTN’s plan of maintaining such or are they planning to restructure the Visafone tariff to meet the GSM industry? These are things that should be clearly and urgently looked into to avoid any major corporate setback or mistake.
This letter is coming in from a concerned subscriber who has 3 Visafone lines for my businesses and have introduced well over 10 clients to the CDMA service thereby seeing them purchase several Visafone lines for their businesses.

I sincerely hope this issues are critically looked into and tackled where need be so that the heavy amount used in acquiring the Visafone company doesn’t go down the drain.

Concerned Visafone User
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 25, 2016
see the way you are wishing badluck on the future of someone's business and you want God to bless you? smh... tell me when you have become God that you will say you give them six months? Nigerians sha... SMH
Ask4Info:

Coming from an old nairaland menber i would have expected you to be more mature and intelligent to have contributed better.

This is the problem of Nigeria and Nigerians. We think even as customers we have absolutely no say just because we aren't the owner of the business.

MARK MY WORD TODAY, Visafone will not last 6months and MTN will REGRET their investment in that company because people like you on their management team will rather turn a deaf hear that take criticism.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by csc2(m): 6:52pm On May 25, 2016
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by tulipsmadra: 6:52pm On May 25, 2016
With the rate of network failure/drop calls if fear for corporate firm using it.
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by bizgenius1: 7:11pm On May 25, 2016
mightyfada:

O'net provides that if your company is based in South West.

I asked u then if O'net is still functioning but didn't gt any response can u kindly tell me If there browsing speed still rocks and any other info I need yp know..? Thanks
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by bizgenius1: 7:16pm On May 25, 2016
Ask4Info:

No vex bro u can kindly sell one of your lines for me.thanks
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by Ask4Info: 8:56pm On May 25, 2016
giftadene:
get your facts right op.. that is why this thread have NOT made front page..... you retain your number when you migrate to Mtn and you purchase another phone.. then MTN compensates your with airtime ranging from 5h to 20k....

I should now purchase a GSM phone isn't it? When in reality i had in mind i need a CDMA network.

Who in this present day have extra funds for unreasonable demands that could have readily been avoided?

Well na dem sabi.
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by Ask4Info: 8:58pm On May 25, 2016
tulipsmadra:
With the rate of network failure/drop calls if fear for corporate firm using it.

Sad thing is Visafone had the BEST and CHEAPEST network. Nothing like call drops all through the years i used the 3lines. MTN should thread softly.
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by titi4fola(f): 9:29pm On May 25, 2016
Thank you for sharing this post, I've been trying to get visafone airtime for days now both for WiFi and our table phone, but no. Pls MTN do something better & fast. I don't want lose my visa.
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by Ask4Info: 9:46pm On May 25, 2016
titi4fola:
Thank you for sharing this post, I've been trying to get visafone airtime for days now both for WiFi and our table phone, but no. Pls MTN do something better & fast. I don't want lose my visa.

Whoever the consultant is that did the strategy for the take over did a very terrible job for MTN.

Their trying to make subscribers migrate to the MTN network/brand is a very terrible mistake.

Now imagine you and hundreds of thousands of other subscribers migrating to other wifi providers. Making their recharge card scarce was a poor decision.
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 25, 2016
bizgenius1:

I asked u then if O'net is still functioning but didn't gt any response can u kindly tell me If there browsing speed still rocks and any other info I need yp know..? Thanks

Sorry for responding late.
Yes O'net is still functioning.
There browsing is still good. 2mbp/s & 4mbp/s
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by Ask4Info: 10:47pm On May 25, 2016
mightyfada:

Is O,net not Emeka Offor's company?
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by bizgenius1: 11:15pm On May 25, 2016
mightyfada:

Oh good m in Ibadan n use to Use their data card way back then on my old laptop n also used their landfone at some point.. Do u have an idea how much their data cost n their fone?
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by adimonyechidi: 11:56pm On May 25, 2016
mightyfada:

Where can i find this O'net?
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by Nobody: 11:58pm On May 25, 2016
bizgenius1:

Oh good m in Ibadan n use to Use their data card way back then on my old laptop n also used their landfone at some point.. Do u have an idea how much their data cost n their fone?

The phones I saw at their office are the old ones. 3k, 2k etc.
But you can buy their sim, activate it and get a very nice cdma android phone at Iwo road.

The data package we making use of at Osogbo is 45k monthly and it's 4mbp/s and unlimited.

Check their site www.oduatelecoms.com
Re: Open Letter To MTN Regarding Visafone"s Take Over And Current Operations by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 25, 2016
adimonyechidi:

Where can i find this O'net?

Their head office is at 2nd floor heritage mall, dugbe.
Their outlet is exactly opposite etisalat outlet

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Real Racing 3 MOD Apk + OBB / Is Mtn 5g Working On Samsung Phones? / Mtn Mpulse – New Prepaid Plan, Offers 1.2gb For Just N150 And 350mb For N50

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.