Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,923 members, 7,806,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 (102514 Views)

Nairalanders Iftaar (kaduna Edition Season 1) / Nairaland Ramadan Iftaar 2015 / .. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by ajibawealt(m): 8:59am On Aug 24, 2009
@ Bro. Jarus, I say Jazakumullahu Airan. This is a good gesture from you and may Almighty Allah reward you abundantly. I'm in for this (pls keep us updated). I would also like to find out where one can be listening to tafsir on the mainland precisely in Ikeja.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by wholex(m): 10:19am On Aug 24, 2009
Salam to all,

Ramadan Kareem

am also signifying my intention to attend this noble event (Insha Allah).

@ Jarus , this is a gr8 idea , May Almighty Allah continue to enrich you in wisdom and understanding(Amin)
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Abuzola(m): 10:39am On Aug 24, 2009
May Allah reward you brother jarus amin. Is a pity i can't make it
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Maryam: 11:09am On Aug 24, 2009
Wish i could attend but the venue is not that OK for me, live in Lagos though. @ Jarus, may Almighty Allah reward u abundantly for this initiative.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by olanajim(m): 11:17am On Aug 24, 2009
Will it be weekly or just saturdays? If that is the case, it would be four times in the Ramadan,

Can you please explain further on the plan Jarus?
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 24, 2009
olanajim:

Will it be weekly or just saturdays? If that is the case, it would be four times in the Ramadan,

Can you please explain further on the plan Jarus?
No, not weekly. Just one-off.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by fizzybaba(m): 12:19pm On Aug 24, 2009
salam alaikum

May i congratulate jarus for the commendable idea.

Joint iftar for me dates back to the university days. am so loving the idea right now

it should be one-off. (once a year.)weekly is not realistic

i would rather convergence starts 5 pm and program proper starts 6pm cuz magrub would go for 7pm.
am suggesting 5-8pm.

any financial contribution expected?
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by fizzybaba(m): 12:51pm On Aug 24, 2009
my suggested programme of event

5pm-6pm

*arrival
*logistics
*filling attendance sheet

6pm-7pm

6--6.05pm Quran recitation
6.05pm--6.10pm Opening Remark
6.10pm-6.30pm Introduction by faces behind the ID's:Real Names,Occupation,Marital Status
6.30pm--6.55pm Short sermon
6.55pm-7.00pm pre magrub iftar(orange,date), ablution
7.00pm--7.10pm magrub/nawafil
7.10pm-7.50pm Post magrub iftar(wetin we go chop?)
general discussion

7.50pm--8.00pm closing prayer, dispersal.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 24, 2009
Good input from Fizzybaba there.
But I don't think 3 hours is feasible. Some of us close at work 5pm and need to put one or two things in place. I think 6-7.45pm is OK.(I hope the Hajias will understand for those that are married grin)
I will modify the program for your suggestion now.

No financial contribution, but if anybody voluntarily feels like contributing, it will be accepted.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Manager007: 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2009
Indeed this is a noble gesture! Jarus, May Allah(SWT) guide and and accept our fasts.
To all my muslim brothers and sisters, this is what the Holy Month stands for.
I am looking forward to the event pics.

Ramadan Kareem
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by mrperfect(m): 2:56pm On Aug 24, 2009
I thing like this fosters unity, is a really welcome development.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by MrCrackles(m): 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2009
Nice idea. . . .
I will be missing in action due to obvious reasons! wink
Enjoy and e-post me some yummy food! tongue

OYB
I got your PM. . . .Noted! wink
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Biliamin(m): 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2009
@ Poster
May God reward you abundantly.

I am in for this too. I work at Opebi, 3 intrested attendees can hook up with me in my car to the location

if you work or live around Ikeja and you want to join me, kindly mail me with your contact phone number so that we can arrange on how we move. midborn2002@yahoo.co.uk.

Maa Salam
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by mukina2: 3:08pm On Aug 24, 2009
Biliamin:

@ Poster
May God reward you abundantly.

I am in for this too. I work at Opebi, 3 intrested attendees can hook up with me in my car to the location

if you work or live around Ikeja and you want to join me, kindly mail me with you contact phone number so that we can arrange on how we move. midborn2002@yahoo.co.uk.

Maa Salam

his number is here

Need more info? Do not hesitate to call me on 08061198625.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Biliamin(m): 3:14pm On Aug 24, 2009
@ Mukina,
I mean the number of who wishes to join me

Thanks
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by saydfact(m): 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2009
nice ideal, wish i cld join but linking my end at ikorodu at that time means i'll be on my street at a time only night watch are out and thats not good for me, wld also have o knock and knock, b4 getting in-door.

i wish u all a glorious RAMADAN KAREEM, wld be looking for the after program brief. lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by mukina2: 3:22pm On Aug 24, 2009
Biliamin:

@ Mukina,
I mean the number of who wishes to join me

Thanks
sorry for the mix up
Ma Salaam smiley
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Eebrahym(m): 3:25pm On Aug 24, 2009
May Almighty Allah be pleased with you in all your endeavours @poster. This is a very good initiative though i might not be there due to my distance from V.I but nevertheless, i'm going to follow up the program. May Almighty Allah (swt) make aljanah Firdaus  our place of abode on the day of accountability.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Oluschenco(m): 3:37pm On Aug 24, 2009
What of those of us @ Ibadan
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Bashbaba(m): 3:49pm On Aug 24, 2009
Salam all.Ramadan Kareem

May Allah bless the initiator of this idea, bro Jarus.How I wish  I am not in Port-harcourt for the first time of my life.Bro Jarus, are u from Offa?
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by presido1: 4:02pm On Aug 24, 2009
Mukinatu
This is a good opportunity to meet your fellow Muslims, i can buy you ticket if you want to come.
Happy celebration guys.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by mukina2: 4:08pm On Aug 24, 2009
presido1:

Mukinatu
This is a good opportunity to meet your fellow Muslims, i can buy you ticket if you want to come.
Happy celebration guys.
Thanks wink grin
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by lookmangiw(m): 4:22pm On Aug 24, 2009
I will like to be a part of this.i actually work in ikoyi,awolowo road precisely and i lived in surulere.This is a good initiative from you jarus and i just wished have the capability to do such too.These are the things that we can used to gather great reward from God.Jarus,more grease to your elbow.I'm in and i hope you will extend your invitation to me.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 24, 2009
Bashbaba:

Bro Jarus, are u from Offa?
Is Obama the president of US?
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Bashbaba(m): 4:39pm On Aug 24, 2009
Jarus:

Is Obama the president of US?

Allahu Akbar.Many things in common!
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Rakiss: 4:42pm On Aug 24, 2009
heeeeeeyyyyy!!! i too gbadun this idea. Nice one broda Jarus. May the Almighty reward u abundantly, wish i cld be a part of the iftaar but not possible.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by sheriffman(m): 4:47pm On Aug 24, 2009
Jarus noticed u were online pls how can i start a post and the topic to be displayed on the home page.

pls sorry if u r reading dis i know it's not related 2 d topic but i jst need some help.

tanx 4 ur understanding
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by igbalajobi: 5:01pm On Aug 24, 2009
Let me say Jazakum llahu khairan Khaziran for noble idea.

I hereby signify my intention to be part of this rewarding event.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by walelamina: 5:13pm On Aug 24, 2009
Thats Really gr8 and thats one of Wt Allah has saked us to do,,,I am a muslim and i stay at Ajah,,,thomas Estate,,,i wud actually suggest you do it in ur house,,,,mama cass is not the best for us to gather,,,we cant pray there if after the iftar,,,do u get mi point,,,ramadan karrem
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by walelamina: 5:14pm On Aug 24, 2009
Thats Really gr8 and thats one of Wt Allah has saked us to do,,,I am a muslim and i stay at Ajah,,,thomas Estate,,,i wud actually suggest you do it in ur house,,,,mama cass is not the best for us to gather,,,we cant pray there if after the iftar,,,do u get mi point,,,ramadan karrem
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 24, 2009
sheriffman:

Jarus noticed u were online pls how can i start a post and the topic to be displayed on the home page.

pls sorry if u r reading dis i know it's not related 2 d topic but i jst need some help.

tanx 4 your understanding
You can't. Not even I, a moderator, can. Only the Admin(Seun) and Supermod(Mukina) can.
You may therefore suggest a topic for homepage here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-183675.0.html
If the home-paging authorities are OK with it, it will grace the home page.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by fizzybaba(m): 5:18pm On Aug 24, 2009
given the number of confirmed attendees, i suggest we make effort to publicise this thread.

the plentier, the merrier

May Allah make it easy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply)

Arewa Big Boys Pose With Exotic Cars To Celebrate Eid Mubarak(photos+videos) / Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity / 81 Ways To Win Your Husband's Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.