Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos (80964 Views)

I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! / See What I Saw In A Tin Tomato! We Just Need To Be Careful / The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by Fxwarrior: 8:30pm On May 25, 2016
niggaz4life:
they are still trapped in analog world when the whole world has gone digital. its like using an ancient tap phone when everyone is using screen-touch. who grinds pepper and tomato in 2016 ? yall are prehistoric and stone aged left behinds lolzzzz. just buy everything canned and mix it together and make ya soup. easy life. no problems. it taste just the same if not better

When cancer come visiting, I hope you will still remember your comment above.
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by gbagyiza: 8:32pm On May 25, 2016
kindnyce:
Well
Depending on which state u live,i think its relatively cheap down north.

Blame it on tomatoe ebola

My friend am frm Kaduna, tomato no cheap at all.
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by NovusHomo(m): 8:36pm On May 25, 2016
niggaz4life:
they are still trapped in analog world when the whole world has gone digital. its like using an ancient tap phone when everyone is using screen-touch. who grinds pepper and tomato in 2016 ? yall are prehistoric and stone aged left behinds lolzzzz. just buy everything canned and mix it together and make ya soup. easy life. no problems. it taste just the same if not better

Sorry, but FRESH is BEST and MOST HEALTHY.
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by ladyF(f): 8:50pm On May 25, 2016
Lol abeg e no bad reach like this for my side o. 4 big ones is 500.

I have made a switch to ketchup, you guys should too.
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by DONOCHAS(m): 8:55pm On May 25, 2016
na wa O, well na part of change
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by harbeebtech(m): 8:55pm On May 25, 2016
Breath of changi
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by tammie24: 9:03pm On May 25, 2016
diva90:

Lol @ tomato Ebola
Na wetin they tell us be that o

Craze pipu angry
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by frisky2good(m): 9:32pm On May 25, 2016
So it is no longer 5 for 500 Naira? Na now we enter the real one chance.
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 25, 2016
TeeFeh:
So I went to a shop where they sell tomatoes and pepper and they said this costs 1000 I actually thought she was joking until she started to frown when I was actually laughing out loud and she insisted on 1k,so I took a picture of it with my Tecno L8 device immediately!!

Please is this what you guys are experiencing too?I haven't cooked for 3months now and I came back to my food life and met this?

What's the best alternative please?
Is the dried tomatoes good?even Gino is now #100 and it used to be #50

Who asked you what phone ur using,by the way am writing this with my iPhone 10 grin grin grin
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by bloch(f): 9:39pm On May 25, 2016
Lol
6tomatoes for 1k
Ok.
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by medeay(m): 9:45pm On May 25, 2016
I refuse to buy such lie!!!
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by johnsmhelia15(m): 9:45pm On May 25, 2016
you are right bro.. i dont knw y some pple like spreading lies any how. no matter how scarce tomatoes is 6pieces wont b sold at 1000 naira so Bleep off wit ur lies
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 25, 2016
BrownShawty:

I use paste
Another paid Tecno marketer using the current situation in the country toarket phone , a cheap sub standard phone!
Please he wants to show you pictures he claimed to take with the phone he is marketing that why he mentioned he took these with his phone. I bet you he didn't take the picture in thearket or the women would have lynched him.
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by Mcowubaba: 9:52pm On May 25, 2016
abbey621:
How long will it take before you people start using your brain? It takes about 3 months for tomatoes to grow, it is very easy to plant and doesn't cost much. Maybe when two or three pieces of tomatoes starts selling for 2,000 Naira, maybe then we can all start planting angry angry
Hope you have planted
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 25, 2016
This is a lie and a fake post this boy is advertising Tecno phones while telling us a fake story to get clicks. Paid Tecno marketers
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 25, 2016
lestat:

Another paid Tecno marketer using the current situation in the country toarket phone , a cheap sub standard phone!
Please he wants to show you pictures he claimed to take with the phone he is marketing that why he mentioned he took these with his phone. I bet you he didn't take the picture in thearket or the women would have lynched him.

1 Like

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by RichieDaVinci01(m): 9:59pm On May 25, 2016
TeeFeh:
So I went to a shop where they sell tomatoes and pepper and they said this costs 1000 I actually thought she was joking until she started to frown when I was actually laughing out loud and she insisted on 1k,so I took a picture of it with my Tecno L8 device immediately!!

Please is this what you guys are experiencing too?I haven't cooked for 3months now and I came back to my food life and met this?

and some pippu that cannor manage and have sense will say APC. IT IS TOMATO EBOLA stop disturbing someone's eye!
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by Eronmosele(m): 10:02pm On May 25, 2016
oseod:

I was scrolling down this thread hoping to see a sensible post......Alas!!...you showed up.
I wonder why nigerians are quick to turn everything into politics, like its apc thats infesting the tomatoes.
Understand that these comments are reactionary. The PDP supporters or rather GEJ supporters are simply giving the APC supporters a taste of their own medicine. Let them know how it felt when they were ridiculously running their mouths when GEJ was president. Did they think then that everything should not be politicized like you are suggesting now?
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 25, 2016
Eronmosele:

Understand that these comments are reactionary. The PDP supporters or rather GEJ supporters are simply giving the APC supporters a taste of their own medicine. Let them know how it felt when they were ridiculously running their mouths when GEJ was president. Did they think then that everything should not be politicized like you are suggesting now?

Once you put it like this, its understandable.....but truth be told, many individuals aren't trying to just get back at apc supporters, they are simply frustrated with the economy and find it difficult to believe that somethings are not the fault of the presidency like the tomato scarcity for instance
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:29pm On May 25, 2016
LOL, I hope this will open some ppl eyes, see as how they are almost getting hypertension over a common thing like tomato, produced from parasitic north who contribute nothing to the economy but total dependence on oyel money - I dey laugh, see as our tomato dey teach una sense.

Next time una call us parasites; we go hold back our onions (and blame it on oniono-lasa fever) to teach una more lessons; if una still no learn we go follow am join with beans and so on. LOL cheesy grin
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by Akaujaa(m): 10:33pm On May 25, 2016
Sorry to say that this report is untrue.
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by Slide001(m): 10:37pm On May 25, 2016
Lol. I taya ooo. 3 months faaa. Are you just from Jupiter?
okuneddie:
@OP u are a lady and u haven't cooked for 3months Guys don suffer

1 Like

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by macaranta(m): 10:42pm On May 25, 2016
Change has affected the tomatoes m
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by sexytyga(m): 10:42pm On May 25, 2016
abdul4new:
which state are you from cos here in JOS tomatoes are relatively cheaper, those tomatoes in the pics here in JOS should not be around #200.
Chairman abeg when last you enter kugia market last, abeg?
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by symbianDON(m): 10:57pm On May 25, 2016
the op is quite a mischievous fellow. you had to subtly use the tomato scarcity to advertise your wacky tecno L8 because you know people will flood to read anything thread created with tomato as title. the real essence of this thread is not the tomato thing but to showcase the pictures taken by the tecno device. this is deceit.
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by 19naia(m): 11:05pm On May 25, 2016
Take the seeds from your tomatos and plant them around you compound. Thats is Nigerias problem, nobody has anything in abundance because nobody is productive enough to produce it themselves. They only demand it from others at a set price and shout bloody hell when instability comes because all your tomatoes, petrol and electricity were sourced from one basket.
It speaks for the lack of productivity in the south when tomato diseases ravage the north and now tomatos on the south are triple priced.
Something as simple as tomato, you cannot grow it at home to feed yourself and you cry to Buhari? Chai, that is a sign of a useless person. There is no easier crop to grow than tomatoes. I found one tomato plant growing out of a crack in the concrete in the hot sun. I pulled it and damaged the root system and replanted in proper dirt with almost no root remaining. The thing was growing strong and quadrupled in size when i returned to see it a month later. No special care or fertilizer used.

1 Like

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by Eronmosele(m): 11:14pm On May 25, 2016
oseod:

Once you put it like this, its understandable.....but truth be told, many individuals aren't trying to just get back at apc supporters, they are simply frustrated with the economy and find it difficult to believe that somethings are not the fault of the presidency like the tomato scarcity for instance
I agree. True talk. There is frustration and hunger in the land. It's really bad.
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by engrchykae(m): 11:15pm On May 25, 2016
Faremisodeeq:
.that is what is called change. Meanwhile somewhere in spain
because the spanish are celebrating monumental waste of tomato,africans be like: it their culture but if it happens in Nigeria people will now know its a waste of food
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by missyge(f): 11:16pm On May 25, 2016
TeeFeh:

Dats d change we are seeing. Dias ds dried tomato in the market. i tried it once nd its ok. dependg on how u prepare it. I mix mine wit dried tatashe nd pepper. i boil d dried tomato nd tatashe bfre grinding....
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by missyge(f): 11:18pm On May 25, 2016
Who Tomato epp?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See How This Young Girl Disgraced Herself After Drinking Too Much / Man Dies After Consuming 8 Cans Of ‘Bullet Drink’ To Win N1,600 / Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.