Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England (67653 Views)

Tin Milk In Nigeria Vs Tin Milk Abroad: Canada Based Nigerian Man Bemoan (photo) / N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos / The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Nobody: 5:26am On May 27, 2016
I just want to pull out my hair. This same set of people will be entrusted to vote.sad

souljaboi51:

unfortunately we have too many stvpid people. that is what is killing the nation. ignorance!
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Nobody: 5:28am On May 27, 2016
Number two is out of it. This happens every year so it is either the season or some kinda of disease caused by the season.

rose54321:

4 theories:
1) Tomato Ebola - moths destroyed swaths of tomato fields, forcing factories to close and driving prices up astronomically

2) Opening of tomato paste companies in the north (Dangote and the likes), it's rumoured that local farmers would rather sell to these companies who buy in bulk and pay immediately than transport to the southern regions as was the practice before.

3) the raining season, tomato doesn't fare well in the rain

4) price of fuel- Trucks to transfer the tomatoes to the market (other regions) have hiked up charges.

I believe it's a combination of these factors.

1 Like

Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Nobody: 5:30am On May 27, 2016
I find that very hard to believe o

The tomatoes seem like the sweet and watery type.

zaliya:
Bought this box of Tomatoes in one of the Asian Shops for £1.99!!!
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Geehan(f): 5:46am On May 27, 2016
Lexusgs430:

She should have gone to Aldi or Lidl, she would have easily bought 10 cans for £1.
You can lie
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by jordinsparkles(f): 6:36am On May 27, 2016
daretodiffer:
Ask your father what it means to have low fuel price for oil dependeant countries

Ask your mother whether it is usual for tomatoes to be scarce and expensive at this time of the year

Ask your Economics teacher all about subsidy and lack of a functioning refinery in oil producing countries

Reflect on the answers and ask yourself if all of the above were caused by Buhari. You won't sound do stvpid again if you have answers to these questions.

hey hey hey!! Stop it there. I know say u be APC member, but that doesn't give you the impetus or the audacity to attack me. My opinion doesn't sound stupid infact it is your own opinion that sounds stupid and dumb. Everybody has the right to say what he or she thinks on the subject matter, so you don't have the right (that is if you have) to throw derogatory remarks. Kapish! So if the thing dey pain u, walls they everywhere.
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by jordinsparkles(f): 6:43am On May 27, 2016
daretodiffer:
Ask your father what it means to have low fuel price for oil dependeant countries

Ask your mother whether it is usual for tomatoes to be scarce and expensive at this time of the year

Ask your Economics teacher all about subsidy and lack of a functioning refinery in oil producing countries

Reflect on the answers and ask yourself if all of the above were caused by Buhari. You won't sound do stvpid again if you have answers to these questions.

you are asking if it is buhari that caused all these crap. Is it not in his regime all these rubbish is happening huh! Think before you talk. That's all
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Nobody: 6:53am On May 27, 2016
Are you stvpid? So because it is his regime it means that he is the cause of it all?

1) Do you evn know what affect oil price
2) Do you know te meaning of subsidy and the significance of not having a functioning refinery?

In a sane world, you would be used as a lab rat. Your life would mean nothing.

jordinsparkles:
you are asking if it is buhari that caused all these crap. Is it not in his regime all these rubbish is happening huh! Think before you talk. That's all
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Nobody: 7:00am On May 27, 2016
You sound silly and daft. By the way, I owe no allegiance to any party. People who do are daft and dumb.

You don't have a right to a mor.onic opnion. The likes of you should not be allowed to roam free or given any fvcking freedom. You are not human. You are a zombie. A reta****!

jordinsparkles:
hey hey hey!! Stop it there. I know say u be APC member, but that doesn't give you the impetus or the audacity to attack me. My opinion doesn't sound stupid infact it is your own opinion that sounds stupid and dumb. Everybody has the right to say what he or she thinks on the subject matter, so you don't have the right (that is if you have) to throw derogatory remarks. Kapish! So if the thing dey pain u, walls they everywhere.
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by SensaGreene: 7:56am On May 27, 2016
faorex:
if only my mum can get this too.yesterday soup was just too peppery. cry

Sorry about it. But you can try buying tatase, remove all the seeds, long cchilli pepper and take out the seeds, blend with onions, garlic and maybe a scahet or 2 of tomato paste. It makes a lovely stew, not peppery and lasts a week for me and my family of 3.

1 Like

Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by souljaboi51(m): 8:45am On May 27, 2016
daretodiffer:
Are you stvpid? So because it is regime it means that he is the cause of it all?

1) Do you evn know what affect oil price
2) Do you know te meaning of subsidy and the significance of not having a functioning refinery?

In a sane world, you would be used as lab rat. Your life would mean nothing.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Lexusgs430: 8:54am On May 27, 2016
Geehan:
You can lie
Says who?
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Lexusgs430: 9:08am On May 27, 2016
Geehan:
You can lie
Send me ticket and visa, I would definitely buy you 10 cans of tomatoes for £1.
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Nobody: 9:36am On May 27, 2016
Na truegrin

souljaboi51:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by souljaboi51(m): 9:50am On May 27, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Send me ticket and visa, I would definitely buy you 10 cans of tomatoes for £1.

you can only get those on selected deals, even lidl, aldi and farm food dont sell at that price
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by jordinsparkles(f): 10:12am On May 27, 2016
daretodiffer:
You sound silly and daft. By the way, I owe no allegiance to any party. People who do are daft and dumb.

You don't have a right to a mor.onic opnion. The likes of you should not be allowed to roam free or given any fvcking freedom. You are not human. You are a zombie. A reta****!

my dear exchanging words wouldn't do you any good you hear me, you're also suffering in this country the same way others are. So what you're trying to tell me now is that buhari and his administration isn't the course of all these. I don't even have the strength to exchange words with a lunatic, you don't know me and I don't know you so shut the hell up and hold ur insults to urself.
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Lexusgs430: 10:27am On May 27, 2016
souljaboi51:

you can only get those on selected deals, even lidl, aldi and farm food dont sell at that price

It is those selected deals I am referring to
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by ulomi(f): 11:35am On May 27, 2016
Are you a very busy,health bound,sick or u just gave birth and you can not get to the market to buy ur desired food iterms or shop?call us at handygshoppers we ll help u get ur foodstuffs according to ur budget anytime or anywhere within Abuja and portharcourt for more info 08063378385 email us at olivegardens2@yahoo.com

Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Geehan(f): 12:32pm On May 27, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Says who?
At where cos I wouldn't mind going there to shop. Best bargain is 4 for £1
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Geehan(f): 12:48pm On May 27, 2016
[quote author=zaliya post=46003856]Bought this box of Tomatoes in one of the Asian Shops for £1.99!!![/quote

Where is the Asian shop.....i'd like to go there to shop. Last time i bought this at new spitalfield market ( England wholesales market) it cost me £6. There are some that are around £8 .
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Lexusgs430: 12:51pm On May 27, 2016
Geehan:

At where cos I wouldn't mind going there to shop. Best bargain is 4 for £1

You see you life so, rather than ask for expo initially you dey doubt bargainhunter.
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Geehan(f): 12:51pm On May 27, 2016
[quote author=souljaboi51 post=46012134]

you can only get those on selected deals, even lidl, aldi and farm food dont sell at
Maybe he referring to the 80's price sha.
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by jordinsparkles(f): 4:33pm On May 27, 2016
daretodiffer:

all your insults doesn't add up, I just wonder why you are attacking. If you are feeling soo pained, pour it on someone else. I've got no time for bugaboos.
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 27, 2016
I am sorry I should have explained to you earlier however your inital comment nauseated me.
I am sorry again but it is not something you should be proud of. You sounded like someone who cannot understand basic issues. With your level education, it is disgraceful.

1) Nigeria is an oil dependant country. Which means if anything should happen to the price and production of oil, it is marginally going to affect us. Our government cannot control the price and given recent events, production is low. Oil producing countries like Russia, Saudi Arabiaand Canada have either reduced or removed oil subsidy, reduced government spending including recalling students on scholarships etc. These are countries that are far richer and have a bigger foreign reserves than we do.

Our foreign reserve and ECA have been depleted bun the previous administration. Presently, Nigeria is penniless. We would be in worse or the same position if any person other than Buhari was elected.

2) Tomato is always expensive at this time every year. A small paint plastic used to go for N4500. Now consider the present effect of the economy, add it to the annual tomato crisis.

Without bias, can you blame Buhari for the above? You don't need to go to school to understand these things. And there far better ways of criticising a leader than making baseless and unreasonable statement.

jordinsparkles:
all your insults doesn't add up, I just wonder why you are attacking. If you are feeling soo pained, pour it on someone else. I've got no time for bugaboos.
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 27, 2016
He can't get it on selected deals. When he is not a hypnotistsad

souljaboi51:

Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by souljaboi51(m): 7:28pm On May 27, 2016
daretodiffer:
I am sorry I should have explained to you earlier however your inital comment nauseated me.
I am sorry again but it is not something you should be proud of. You sounded like someone who cannot understand basic issues. With your level education, it is disgraceful.

1) Nigeria is an oil dependant country. Which means if anything should happen to the price and production of oil, it is marginally going to affect us. Our government cannot control the price and given recent events, production is low. Oil producing countries like Russia, Saudi Arabiaand Canada have either reduced or removed oil subsidy, reduced government spending including recalling students on scholarships etc. These are countries that are far richer and have a bigger foreign reserves than we do.

Our foreign reserve and ECA have been depleted bun the previous administration. Presently, Nigeria is penniless. We would be in worse or the same position if any person other than Buhari was elected.

2) Tomato is always expensive at this time every year. A small paint plastic used to go for N4500. Now consider the present effect of the economy, add it to the annual tomato crisis.

Without bias, can you blame Buhari for the above? You don't need to go to school to understand these things. And there far better ways of criticising a leader than making baseless and unreasonable statement.

Truth is that there is no use trying to explain certain things to people. the rate of ignorance in the nigerian populace is alarmingly high. no matter how you try to explain, its either they cant comprehend or they just dont want to. alot of narrow minded people and they are the ones who make things worse for others. blaming buhari for tomato? seriously undecided
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by jordinsparkles(f): 7:28pm On May 27, 2016
daretodiffer:

I do not need your explanation, save it. All I want you to get into ur thick skull, is that people have their own opinion about some certain topics. You observe it without insulting them. And as for the level of education, don't make me laugh, you better work on yourself and think before talking out.
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 27, 2016
You have no right to a mor.inic opnion.

A PhD cannot make you smart. tongue

Your opinion was stvpid, mo.ronic, daft and unreasonablesmiley. I couldn't let it go because you have no right to hold such opinion.

jordinsparkles:
I do not need your explanation, save it. All I want you to get into ur thick skull, is that people have their own opinion about some certain topics. You observe it without insulting them. And as for the level of education, don't make me laugh, you better work on yourself and think before talking out.
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 27, 2016
I thought she was still redeemable. See her reply sefsmiley

I weep for this nation.

Thanks.smiley

souljaboi51:

Truth is that there is no use trying to explain certain things to people. the rate of ignorance in the nigerian populace is alarmingly high. no matter how you try to explain, its either they cant comprehend or they just dont want to. alot of narrow minded people and they are the ones who make things worse for others. blaming buhari for tomato? seriously undecided
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by jordinsparkles(f): 7:34pm On May 27, 2016
souljaboi51:

dear nobody is blaming buhari as a person for that. I only said look at what change has brought us. And she started to insult herself, even if she wanted to make her points known, she should have done it in a diplomatic way. You can argue a subject without being rude or derogatory and the other party would feel satisfy. Atleast one should have an etiquette of diplomacy.
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by jordinsparkles(f): 7:37pm On May 27, 2016
daretodiffer:

Your opinion was stvpid, mo.ronic, daft and unreasonablesmiley. I couldn't let it go because you have no right to hold such opinion.

that is ur own opinion. Exchanging words with u is disgraceful.
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by jordinsparkles(f): 7:40pm On May 27, 2016
daretodiffer:

then I think you're are sad with no life.
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by souljaboi51(m): 8:44pm On May 27, 2016
Okay ladies, jordinsparkles daretodiffer we really dont need to insult ourselves here. its all fun and games until the shit gets serious. i understand where both of you are coming from and it is very easy to play the blame game. the truth is, with change comes alot of difficulty and nigerians are known to make such difficulty even more difficult. for example when fashola enforced the tax payment regime, police went about harassing students on the street for their tax certificates. the police has no business doing that. what i am trying to say is that for there to be change in nigeria, all the sectors have to work hand in hand. while buhari is trying to clean up, there are alot of elements sabotaging his effort. when he came to power, there was a tremendous improvement in electricity generation but now it has gone down. this is because those who profit from the sale of generators and stuff are frustrating his effort. buhari isnt a politician, he is a military man used to giving orders and it being obeyed. politics is all about manipulation and deception which he doesnt know how to do. lets just hope he gets his act together and eliminate all the bad eggs in the system. let us give him time. pdp ruled for 16 years and squandered our savings according to pat utomi. he cant effect change in 1 year. it is not possible. blaming him wouldnt make things better but instead we should try to help out in the little ways we can. God bless NIgeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) / Bush Rabbit We Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.