Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,381 members, 7,808,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Is Salary Of 20k OK? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is Salary Of 20k OK? (28622 Views)

. / Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers / MTN NG Salary Structure: Salary Of MTN Nigeria Telecommunications Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by IamLucy(f): 4:48pm On May 27, 2016
mehn.
thats some people's monthly allowance in my school.But with the current situation in nigeria i'd advice you take up the offer.Every great person started small.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by mccoy47(m): 4:48pm On May 27, 2016
If i were u, I would still assume am unemployed and keep lookin earnestly for a job while still doin d teachin to keep body n soul together
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by jamesben91(m): 4:48pm On May 27, 2016
This is the first time i'm actually reading mature comments from a thread like this

6 Likes

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by jordinsparkles(f): 4:50pm On May 27, 2016
Ahnnnn..... Which kin question be dat? No nau..e no dey possible.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by opeoluwabisykay(m): 4:50pm On May 27, 2016
seunwen2:
Just finished my service this year and have been able to secure a job in a private school, studied physics though, but my pay this month is 20k. I just dey think when will i be able to buy land and do many things of life?
20k is not your portion my brother...forget salary job and start your own business. It's good to be an entrepreneur (Boss of your own).

1 Like

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by seguntijan(m): 4:50pm On May 27, 2016
Please, how can I transfer money from My Dreamland Bank Account to My Real Life Bank Account?
I have a lot of money there. Just the transfer wahala.

7 Likes

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by KENZYYONG(m): 4:51pm On May 27, 2016
seunwen2:
Just finished my service this year and have been able to secure a job in a private school, studied physics though, but my pay this month is 20k. I just dey think when will i be able to buy land and do many things of life?
my brother is one step at a time okay... When I completed my nysc in 2012, my first pay was #20,000 but now am in a better pay and level. And not just that but the experience is paramount cos is what you need now. It doesn't matter the pay package. My ex den was against my taking a job for as low as 20k but now it was d experience I got then that got me this job...

2 Likes

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by olanrewaju99(m): 4:51pm On May 27, 2016
20k is small but it can open ways for better offer, do your best and leave the rest for God. Rome is not built in a day. Wishing you the best.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by kunle86(m): 4:51pm On May 27, 2016
Samething is happening to me too right now, i hope god will help us.

1 Like

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by ronald4lif(m): 4:52pm On May 27, 2016
abtywo:
Am in ur shoe Op.. #200 to and fro for the tfair and #150 for food. Most of d thing I will b contemplating about life. Is a matter of time sha but I know one day God will pick my calls.

Well, your problem isn't about any God answering your prayers or not. God don't provide jobs, your government does by enabling the suitable environment where new entrepreneurs and industries can thrive. Not everything is God. Let's start holding our leaders accountable for their stewardship. Good luck sha.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by BABANGBALI: 4:52pm On May 27, 2016
8 tomatoes na #1,000=00 0

Remember say you like food

1 Like

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by vicbussi: 4:52pm On May 27, 2016
guy u better grab the job and start from some where:
my first salary in 2007 is N18k
2008-2011 is N22K
2012 - 2014: 65K
NOW IS 245K

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Iykon1313(m): 4:52pm On May 27, 2016
seunwen2:

Plan well but dont put woman in d plan yet unless later but not now.

1 Like

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by KENZYYONG(m): 4:53pm On May 27, 2016
opeoluwabisykay:

20k is not your portion my brother...forget salary job and start your own business. It's good to be an entrepreneur (Boss of your own).
will you give him d capital?... So bro he really needs some cash to start up okay...

1 Like

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Uchddaniel(m): 4:54pm On May 27, 2016
How much are older graduates earning?....better be grateful for what you are earning. and plan towards self employment.[color=#000000][/color] smiley
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Young03(m): 4:55pm On May 27, 2016
My friend serving here got a job of 10k a month as a salesboy and ur rejecting 20k
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by slimytrikt: 4:55pm On May 27, 2016
It is not okay o. Don't mind those who ask you to start from somewhere.

If my security guard who is very uneducated can get 20k a month, I wonder why you would want to accept that.

Abeg there are jobs that can offer you better....even some temporary jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by tundejulius(m): 4:55pm On May 27, 2016
God is able mind u some did not finished as u do tank God some is yet to get what u have gotten I started with 11k back then too ok.all is well
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by zemaik(m): 4:56pm On May 27, 2016
20k÷30 days=...?
An unemployed graduate spends more than that in a day. So, what's the big deal?

1 Like

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by 2el(m): 4:57pm On May 27, 2016
seunwen2:

Not okay my dear....
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by SUGARDADDY55(m): 4:57pm On May 27, 2016
Op, well u can quite d job and connect me. I read physics too. Finish my nysc dis year
grin
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by geokay777(m): 4:57pm On May 27, 2016
seunwen2:
Small is beautiful,,,, you will get THERE soon
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by maximunimpact(m): 4:57pm On May 27, 2016
Am not sure I will say my mind now until after one month
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Sleekyshuga(f): 4:58pm On May 27, 2016
@ seunwen2, it's a stepping stone.. You will definitely grow smiley.. Almost everyone started small, and grew..

Also, try running home lessons after school, twice or thrice in a week.. Depending on your location, it pays..

There are families in PH that can afford 20-40k home lesson for a child or two..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by anonimi: 4:58pm On May 27, 2016

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by GboyegaD(m): 4:59pm On May 27, 2016
We have learnt to accept whatever life throws at us in the name of humble beginning.
Seunwen2, I do not support a graduate picking up such an offer considering the recent economic realities however, I will suggest you follow your mind on this.

1 Like

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by ewoma1989(f): 5:01pm On May 27, 2016
seunwen2:

You will just be patient, you will buy those things cars, houses, land...i know of some one who started with 12k in a school as a physics teacher, a Graduate of electrical engineering, now he is doing fine with a better job... The good thing is you have something to keep you busy now.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by rose54321: 5:02pm On May 27, 2016
Ministry of labor needs to sit the f.uck up.. there should be a minimum amount as per qualification, companies shouldn't pay a OND holder less than a certain amount, and the scale should go upwards till PHD.

I don't blame the companies though. they can pay only what they can afford.
The whole thing is messed up mehn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by GboyegaD(m): 5:03pm On May 27, 2016
tundejulius:
God is able mind u some did not finished as u do tank God some is yet to get what u have gotten I started with 11k back then too ok.all is well

I don't get this gist of many of you saying you started with a lesser pay back then. Can you do the comparatives relatively to today's economic realities? Someone who earned N11k 10years ago is way better than someone who earns N20k today relatively income wise.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by girl4rmspace(f): 5:03pm On May 27, 2016
abtywo:
Am in ur shoe Op.. #200 to and fro for the tfair and #150 for food. Most of d thing I will b contemplating about life. Is a matter of time sha but I know one day God will pick my calls.

amen
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Larryfest(m): 5:04pm On May 27, 2016
Dude no be for life na...its just for some time beta dan lazing around if u ask me!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest / What Professional Skill Will Be In HOT DEMAND 2016 / Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.