Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,147 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:48 AM

Is Salary Of 20k OK? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is Salary Of 20k OK? (28561 Views)

. / Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers / MTN NG Salary Structure: Salary Of MTN Nigeria Telecommunications Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by charlie42(m): 5:04pm On May 27, 2016
castroevans:
First of all, it depends on where but secondly, there are so many things u can do that will fetch u more than 20k a month
things like wat. pls share
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by girl4rmspace(f): 5:04pm On May 27, 2016
teshyberry:

Graduated with 2.1 n finished service 2014. My first pay was 12k. D day I no go work, maybe I no well, dem go deduct #400 comot. It was a stepping a stepping stone cos i'm in better place now! #naGodwin

oh .. How i love happy endings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by dammytosh: 5:05pm On May 27, 2016
seunwen2:
Just finished my service this year and have been able to secure a job in a private school, studied physics though, but my pay this month is 20k. I just dey think when will i be able to buy land and do many things of life?

Start small my dear.

Dnt despise days of little beginning.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by girl4rmspace(f): 5:06pm On May 27, 2016
davit:
Just as advised, it is for a while as long as you don't give up. My first salary in Lagos as a 2.1 graduate of English was 15k years back. But today I live in my own house with 2 SUVs. Married with kids. I pray God blesses your hustle bro.

somebody help me thank God for this man's life, this is good news

1 Like

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by wayodude(m): 5:06pm On May 27, 2016
20k GBP?
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 27, 2016
davit:
Just as advised, it is for a while as long as you don't give up. My first salary in Lagos as a 2.1 graduate of English was 15k years back. But today I live in my own house with 2 SUVs. Married with kids. I pray God blesses your hustle bro.
Sir, what's the secret cos I want to be like you. Just finished nysc.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Cutehector(m): 5:08pm On May 27, 2016
davit:
oga 15k fifteen years bak was big money na... ah mean 2001 and 2016 ain't just the same

We talking things are pretty much expensive now..
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 27, 2016
BankManager:
20k for a graduate?That's peanut...!! What did u finish with bro? Which uni? Are you up to 26? I could be of help..
please I need help too, just done with nysc. Thanks!
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Oluwatobbii: 5:10pm On May 27, 2016
Ask a CORPER
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 27, 2016
Brainy007:
26 bawo Not even enough for provisions and recharge card We can start from 80
hmmm, we wey neva get sef still dey fine.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by CioAngels(f): 5:10pm On May 27, 2016
I hope you are not paying transport to the miserable school? You are doing the job not to stay a home right? Please don't be lazy while there. With His grace on your side, your own desired job will come in the shortest possible time. This is what our government is intensionally doing to Nigerians by stealling our commomwealth, there by exposing us to asians and Nigerian one man fairly good businesses to be used as slaves. May God help the poor.

1 Like

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by godoluwa(m): 5:10pm On May 27, 2016
seunwen2:
Just finished my service this year and have been able to secure a job in a private school, studied physics though, but my pay this month is 20k. I just dey think when will i be able to buy land and do many things of life?
my first salary na 1,900naira. fi isu s'ina ki o maa fi inu wa obe
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by SUGARDADDY55(m): 5:11pm On May 27, 2016
SUGARDADDY55:
Op, well u can quite d job and connect me. I read physics too. Finish my nysc dis year
grin

Guy i dey wait

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Profbukky(m): 5:11pm On May 27, 2016
Over my dead and living body!
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Emeskhalifa(m): 5:12pm On May 27, 2016
bros jus manage
na wettin mesef dey mange for here b dat sad
u neva see another work u go leave the small wan wey u get
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 27, 2016
Everything will become story one day..I remember my 1st teaching pay, I was paid 25k, now I work in a big firm with the help of God, now my transport allowance in a month is more than that that 25k...stay cool, be diligent and always put in ur best, cos help can come from anywhere...
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 27, 2016
Wow nice bro

When u collect your 20k visit my blog and turn it to a fortune cool
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by unikprince(m): 5:17pm On May 27, 2016
I started with 15k after my youth service, now I've taken the company on lease. Although the company is a small one but I now pay salaries of up to 250k monthly. Bros starting small doesn't mean you'll remain small.

1 Like

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Oluwabunmy(f): 5:18pm On May 27, 2016
Pls u accept d offer n press further for a better offer...
My dear, I graduated in d year 2013 n finished my service tins 2014, I tried to get job so as to feed my family but I got a 20k job and am still searching for another better offer..... dt little money still go a long in helping me n family.
Guy pls start and God s gonna pick up call one day sometime.
That's my belief....... ts better than that stealing n prostitution

1 Like

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by labenbe(m): 5:19pm On May 27, 2016
its alright my broda......A BEND ROAD IS NOT AN END ROAD,JUST FOLLOW IT AND IT WILL LEAD YOU SOMEWHERE...

1 Like

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Apelex(m): 5:20pm On May 27, 2016
seunwen2:

The sky is the limit for you Bro..just have an Aim and save money.gain the experience. You would need it soon.trust me..

My first job ..a teaching Job too then was 8k..
I later Got a job as a clerk in a Federal Polytechnic,though I was a graduate but that was the only opening..
I work for 3 years with my degree..then later my upgrade was approved...now its almost 200k.and am a Principal Assistant Registrar.....

You will get there.its a process and work hard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by mhizveepel: 5:20pm On May 27, 2016
hmmm
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Freshboi: 5:20pm On May 27, 2016
Kemmia:
My dear, the sky is never your limit, many are looking for this opportunity, as for me am still searching because my parents are on my neck, just hoping to find something doing. With time God will elevate you, me and others, at the same time pitch your remaining tents and spread them in other places as you are doing this present one with determination, very soon the story will change.

Where are you located? Can you teach? Call me.... 08135488824

1 Like

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 27, 2016
[quote author=castroevans post
Things like what my sister?.Ah am very much interested!.So abeg tell me.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Nusaf: 5:24pm On May 27, 2016
seunwen2:
If I am to answer your question, 20k is not even enough as rent allowance for a graduate. But u need to start from somewhere. I started with 21k but at the moment very few organisations compete with mine in terms of salary.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 27, 2016
Erums:
shoutout to God ad to my lovely unkle and family...finished nysc in 2104..got a job 30k ....staying with my unkle .....stayed humble and lowkey...worked for a year and some months ...bought a land in phc....so my bRoda you can ...early 2016 got a new well paid job ...imma big boy now...even about to be promoted ...my bro all tins will work well ..be diligent and save anytin you can.....thats your invesment....if u cNT SAVE . DEN YOU CANT INVEST

Why are you spelling Uncle as "unkle"? What are you abbreviating or saving?

2 Likes

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by goldstarpamela(f): 5:28pm On May 27, 2016
U had better rebuke it IJN..this job won't even give u the time to look for something better. I cannot deal biko

1 Like

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by donald1010(m): 5:30pm On May 27, 2016
my dear,please start from somewhere first, Nigerian economy nowdays is never smiling @all..
when i graduated my first work was a N35,000 job, after 2 months i got another job of N45,000 and after 8months i have now gotten a more better job that pays me N..........................000.00....much more beter than the previous...so i will advise u start from somewhere, and dont give up, dont forget to pray and believe in what you pray and pay your ok?

God bless us all..
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by iwriterng(m): 5:32pm On May 27, 2016
Don't limit yourself with some low paying job. I am a final year student, and I make not less than 50k per month, passively. Although the source of the money won't make a career for me, I still don't know how to factor my online success into my cv. (not like am interested in having a career anyway), but I have savings, with the hope of investing the money on my education after this degree.

MORAL: Look beyond your environment, do something other than the teaching, take up tutoring job on the Internet (if you're good with what you studied.) Just find something lucrative and be good at it, find a way of making money from it, then find a way of automating the process.

PS: Please no pm, you probably won't make a dime from my model of business. So don't bother asking me how.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by teacherbim(f): 5:32pm On May 27, 2016
MrMcJay:

Take up the job, try to take up after-school lessons and private lessons on weekends for interested students. Give your best to the job and let the parents of your students take special interest in you. Once they get to like you, there would be one opening one day that a parent would recommend you for.

Cheers!
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by DramsQ: 5:34pm On May 27, 2016
GboyegaD:
We have learnt to accept whatever life throws at us in the name of humble beginning.
Seunwen2, I do not support a graduate picking up such an offer considering the recent economic realities however, I will suggest you follow your mind on this.
'so many of us let others determine what we are worth,it is our duty to make that determination ourselves'-Jonathan Goldsmith. Op, it is imperative that you ask yourself what you really want.The danger of taking such a job is that you might get stuck and two years down the line you realize that you're just settling. I would advice that even if you have to settle for s low paying job, make sure its a job in which you are constantly learning and growing.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 27, 2016
Op don't give up... I'm just 20years old.
And I make your salary in a day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week / Avoid These Phrases When You Are Quitting Your Job / Dangote Oil Refinery: Graduate Engineer Trainees Return After Overseas Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.